Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Minister Of Interior, Abdulrahaman Dambazau Asked To Resign For Being Too LAZY - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minister Of Interior, Abdulrahaman Dambazau Asked To Resign For Being Too LAZY (1598 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Killings: Dambazau Laughing As He Visits Benue (Photos) / Governor Amosun Tells Aisha Alhassan To Resign For Working Against Buhari / Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minister Of Interior, Abdulrahaman Dambazau Asked To Resign For Being Too LAZY by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 14, 2016
One of the official duties of the Minister of Interior, Abdulrahaman Dambazau is to ensure and maintain internal security of citizens. Following incessant killings in Nigeria perpetrated by Fulani Herdsmen and other criminal agents, a prominent Lagos based Lawyer and former President of Nigeria Bar Association Ikeja Branch, Lagos State, Barr. Monday Onyekachi Ubani has asked the Minister of Interior Abdulrahaman Dambazau to resign his position over lackadaisical attitude towards addressing the issues of National security. Barrister Ubani berated the minister for his incompetence in piloting the affairs of the ministry.

The legal practitioner made this known during a Live radio programme ‘Papers Review’ on Radio Continental 102.3fm Lagos which was monitored by Edeson Online News.

However, a female Caller who spoke on phone during the live programme cautioned Barr. Ubani for asking the minister to resign, she said the Minister’s loyalists who could also be listening to the programme may attack him or even kill him for uttering such statement.

You may recall that Minister of Interior, Abdulrahaman Dambazau was once on the spotlight for the wrong reasons. He was blasted by Nigerians when a video of him using a Nigerian Secret Police -DSS officer to clean his shoes at a public function, surfaced online.

Big Questions:

1. Who do you think should resign or sack over Nigerian insecurity?

2. Do you support Barr. Ubani’s outburst on Interior Minister?

{ Written by: ENDY EDESON) >> www.facebook.com/Endy.Edeson

Re: Minister Of Interior, Abdulrahaman Dambazau Asked To Resign For Being Too LAZY by funlord(m): 5:03pm On Apr 14, 2016
angry

I wonder why buhari even nominated this "dambanza" to be a minister sef? All these old expired politicians are only good at 'looting' and not 'working'

3 Likes

Re: Minister Of Interior, Abdulrahaman Dambazau Asked To Resign For Being Too LAZY by Vision4God: 5:11pm On Apr 14, 2016
How many ministers are actually working sef?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Minister Of Interior, Abdulrahaman Dambazau Asked To Resign For Being Too LAZY by chriskosherbal(m): 5:15pm On Apr 14, 2016
You mean he should just step down for that reason hmm, I think we should still give him a chance.
Re: Minister Of Interior, Abdulrahaman Dambazau Asked To Resign For Being Too LAZY by kestolove95(m): 5:27pm On Apr 14, 2016
Sumtime I wonder if dat man was a soldier..damn lazy nd annoying more dan GEJ..d only minister dat buhari have is kachukwu,fashola and amechi d rest are nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Minister Of Interior, Abdulrahaman Dambazau Asked To Resign For Being Too LAZY by dukie25: 5:49pm On Apr 14, 2016
He should resign and take Minister of Darkness with him.
Re: Minister Of Interior, Abdulrahaman Dambazau Asked To Resign For Being Too LAZY by Ewelesuo: 8:54am On Apr 23, 2016
When people come Nairaland to insult people tarnish peoples image, I think men of conscience should speak out before people are misled. Below is a piece I found on Dambazau

Sworn-in as Interior Minister on November 11, 2015, by
President Muhammadu Buhari, General Dambazau immediately
rolled up his sleeves to effectively meet the challenges
governance has put on his shoulders. And in less than six
months, there are records on ground to justify the change
mantra of the Buhari Administration. For Instance, the
Interior Ministry entered in to the biggest partnership
between it and the Lagos State Government which led to the
procurement and launching of internal security hardware
worth N4.8 billion. The Ministry this year organized the
largest counter-terrorism training for officials and members
of the Nigerian Police Force. The Minister has changed the
orientation of the Nigerian Police from one that is rights
violator to one that is a respecter of human rights of the
citizens in the course of carrying out their duties.

Also, within these short periods, the Minister
professionalized the operations of the Federal Fire Service (FFS). It can be noted that before now, the duties of the
service are been performed by the National Emergency
Management Agency (NEMA), while the FFS which has the fire
mandate is left redundant. He has also ordered strict
adherence to the nation’s National Fire Code in public and
private buildings so as to mitigate the incessant fire
outbreaks in the country. In the same vein, the Minister has
personally visited some sites like Nnewi in Anambra State
which recently experienced fire outbreak to commiserate with
victims of the inferno and assured them of Federal
Government's support and plans to prevent future
occurrence.

The Minister has also instilled discipline in the activities
of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC).
Under the new rule, any member of the corps that misuse or
abused the fire arms allotted to him or her while on duty
would be severely dealt with according to the new directive.
To complement the efforts of the Buhari administration on economic diversification, the Minister has authorised the deployment of 5000 NSCDC men to protect mining sites. The Minister has also deployed another 5000 NSCDC to Northeast to help bring peace.

He has directed the IG of Police to fish out and prosecute those behind the Agatu crises.

To permanently arrest the clash between herdsmen and sedantary farmers, the Minister has called for a round table discussion of all stakeholders so that Government will have a comprehensive view to it and adopt a holistic approach to it.

Since the Governor of Benue said it is Foreign herdsmen that responsible, he has signed multinational agreements with neighbouring countries to prevent transborder pastoralist from moving with dangerous weapons.
There are many things the Minister has achieved which time will not permit me to highlight.

Even though I am a PDP man, I will not allow people to crucify an innocent man because I have conscience

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minister Of Interior, Abdulrahaman Dambazau Asked To Resign For Being Too LAZY by pangea2: 8:59am On Apr 23, 2016
Buhari missed it big time when he resurrected all these expired politicians and brought them out of mothballs into his government.
These same people were the problems of the past that we were happy when they left.
Now they are back and nigeria is in trouble.
Shame on you, Buhari!
Don't we have enough youths who are capable to do these jobs?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minister Of Interior, Abdulrahaman Dambazau Asked To Resign For Being Too LAZY by pangea2: 9:00am On Apr 23, 2016
Ewelesuo:
When people come Nairaland to insult people tarnish peoples image, I think men of conscience should speak out before people are misled. Below is a piece I found on Dambazau

Sworn-in as Interior Minister on November 11, 2015, by
President Muhammadu Buhari, General Dambazau immediately
rolled up his sleeves to effectively meet the challenges
governance has put on his shoulders. And in less than six
months, there are records on ground to justify the change
mantra of the Buhari Administration. For Instance, the
Interior Ministry entered in to the biggest partnership
between it and the Lagos State Government which led to the
procurement and launching of internal security hardware
worth N4.8 billion. The Ministry this year organized the
largest counter-terrorism training for officials and members
of the Nigerian Police Force. The Minister has changed the
orientation of the Nigerian Police from one that is rights
violator to one that is a respecter of human rights of the
citizens in the course of carrying out their duties.

Also, within these short periods, the Minister
professionalized the operations of the Federal Fire Service (FFS). It can be noted that before now, the duties of the
service are been performed by the National Emergency
Management Agency (NEMA), while the FFS which has the fire
mandate is left redundant. He has also ordered strict
adherence to the nation’s National Fire Code in public and
private buildings so as to mitigate the incessant fire
outbreaks in the country. In the same vein, the Minister has
personally visited some sites like Nnewi in Anambra State
which recently experienced fire outbreak to commiserate with
victims of the inferno and assured them of Federal
Government's support and plans to prevent future
occurrence.

The Minister has also instilled discipline in the activities
of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC).
Under the new rule, any member of the corps that misuse or
abused the fire arms allotted to him or her while on duty
would be severely dealt with according to the new directive.
To complement the efforts of the Buhari administration on economic diversification, the Minister has authorised the deployment of 5000 NSCDC men to protect mining sites. The Minister has also deployed another 5000 NSCDC to Northeast to help bring peace.

Are you his PA?
Or that man that was polishing his shoe in that other video?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minister Of Interior, Abdulrahaman Dambazau Asked To Resign For Being Too LAZY by Ewelesuo: 9:22am On Apr 23, 2016
pangea2:

Are you his PA?
Or that man that was polishing his shoe in that other video?
Thanks. I am not his PA, but that will not prevent me from speaking the truth. I am from the South South and we have nothing in common
Re: Minister Of Interior, Abdulrahaman Dambazau Asked To Resign For Being Too LAZY by ajepako(f): 9:33am On Apr 23, 2016
kestolove95:
Sumtime I wonder if dat man was a soldier..damn lazy nd annoying more dan GEJ..d only minister dat buhari have is kachukwu,fashola and amechi d rest are nonsense

The only visible one is kachukwu..

BRF though from my state has done nothing l can relate with as a federal minister..

As for Ameachi......
Re: Minister Of Interior, Abdulrahaman Dambazau Asked To Resign For Being Too LAZY by Okanokan(m): 9:37am On Apr 23, 2016
Vision4God:
How many ministers are actually working sef?

None!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minister Of Interior, Abdulrahaman Dambazau Asked To Resign For Being Too LAZY by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:40am On Apr 23, 2016
Only Kachikwu and Amaechi remains visible. The others are into extinction.
Re: Minister Of Interior, Abdulrahaman Dambazau Asked To Resign For Being Too LAZY by Ewelesuo: 9:55am On Apr 23, 2016
Okanokan:
None!!!
Okanokan:
None!!!
Okanokan:
None!!!
Dambazau is working and is among the few one making us proud
Re: Minister Of Interior, Abdulrahaman Dambazau Asked To Resign For Being Too LAZY by slimfit1(m): 10:11am On Apr 23, 2016
The minister is more than clueless, have you seen our borders. If you have money anybody can just work into our country and we are complaining about Boko haram. How and where do they get their weapons from.

Majority of the people that have saved in that position don't know there job at all. As long as we are seeing hungry police and hungry immigration officers still on duty they or he is not doing anything.

(1) (Reply)

Life In Wike's Port Harcourt / South Africa's Xenophobic Attack And The Ghana - Must-ģo Case / EFCC Reveals The Owner Of The Ikoyi House Where Huge Raps Of Money Were Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.