Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman (21147 Views)

2019: South-West APC May Replace Buhari With Tinubu – Dele Momodu / Names Of Politicians Who May Replace Babachir Lawal As SGF / Nuhu Ribadu, Hamid Ali Tipped To Replace Magu At EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by Cooly100: 8:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
Following the recent rejection of Ibrahim Magu confirmation as the substantive Chairman of Economic and Financial Crime Commission, (EFCC), by the Nigeria Senate on Wednesday the rumors mills has it that all eyes are now on a Deputy Commissioner of Police, (DCP),expected to take over Magu’s office.

Investigation revealed that DCP Ahmed Abdurahaman who is presently the Deputy Commissioner in-charge of Operations at the Kaduna State Police Command, is favored by the Presidency and other stakeholders because of his track records when he was the Deputy Director (Investigation), at the Headquarters of EFCC.

It was also gathered that most of the cases currently being handled by the EFCC are brain works of DCP Abdulrahaman who is being described as a fearless and upright officer.

Most people who come in contact with him describe him as a gentleman to the core but a man who can never mortgage integrity and call of duty for anything. These characteristics are what have given him upper hand above the other three nominees.

A source closed to the EFCC Kaduna office disclosed to this reporter that when DCP Abdulrahaman was Deputy Director with EFCC, it was a general saying then that; ‘The fear of Abdulrahaman is the beginning all wisdom for all staff and corrupt minded people’.

In his present office as the DCP in Kaduna State Police Command, he has carved a niche for himself as a man that can be trusted with operation matters concerning the Command and that’s why when his boss is out of town especially when he had to relocate to Southern Kaduna crises prone zone, operation in the Command was not affected as everything went smoothly.

However, his tract records according to Barr. Aliyu Shehu, a Kaduna based lawyer may also be something that can mitigate against him; because the Commission will definitely experience a rebirth if eventually he comes on board.

Barr. Shehu therefore pleaded with President Muhammadu Buhari to consider the impeccable credentials of DCP Ahmed Abdulrahaman whom he believed will make the fight against corruption a success in the country.

An associate of the ever smiling DCP Abdulrahaman, who does not want his name on print, while commenting on the rumors of his nomination; said in his present capacity his aim has been to move the nation forward especially in areas of integrity and transparency.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/magu-rejection-eyes-dcp-abdulrahaman

2 Likes

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by Cooly100: 8:18pm On Mar 15, 2017
If Nigeria is united with equal opportunities, as would be claimed by gullible people, why are the chairman of EFCC and the FCT minister permanently secured for the northerners?

I want a good answer to this. Thanks!!!

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by Realdeals(m): 8:18pm On Mar 15, 2017
Everytime FEARLESS! & UPRIGHT

It's okay, kindly note that no southerner has ever been the head of EFCC since inception, does that mean southerners are TIMID and DOWNLEFT ?

Watch How Dino Melaye Take Magu to the Cleaner at the Screening

51 Likes

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by Jabioro: 8:18pm On Mar 15, 2017
Game of Power..

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by TeflonBlixx: 8:19pm On Mar 15, 2017
Meritocracy is dead in Nigeria. Appointments into government institutions now has tribal-coloring. . .

Nigeria needs to be flipped out of its misery mehn. . Split this damn freaking hell of a hole!

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by farouk0403(m): 8:20pm On Mar 15, 2017
#Stand with Magu

Nigerian senators are bunch of corrupt fellas

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by Cooly100: 8:20pm On Mar 15, 2017
All answers so far are vague...sorry

I am waiting...
Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by Cooly100: 8:22pm On Mar 15, 2017
farouk0403:
#Stand with Magic

Nigerian senators are bunch of corrupt fellas

Is that how you answer a question when you were at school? F9 dey wait for you, with that kind of answer...

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by Akissani: 8:23pm On Mar 15, 2017
Cooly100:
If Nigeria is united with equal opportunities, as would be claimed by gullible people, why are the chairman of EFCC and the FCT minister permanently secured for the northerners?

y e dae pain you?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by farouk0403(m): 8:24pm On Mar 15, 2017
Cooly100:

Is that how you answer a question when you were at school? F9 dey wait for you, with that kind of answer...

Did you asked me question? I am just stating my opinion and everyone has the right to say whatever he/she likes.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by afroniger: 8:24pm On Mar 15, 2017
But wait a minute. Can somebody please educate me? Does that mean only Northerners can 'fight' corruption in this country? I don't get it.

42 Likes

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 15, 2017
.Govt of the North

By the North

And

For the North

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by Cooly100: 8:27pm On Mar 15, 2017
Akissani:
y e dae pain you?

See answer!! Why ino go pain me. Una no get anything yet una like to be chairman? How much does the whole north contribute in building Abuja? Would your emirs and sultan be happy if only the southern people are oil minister and NNPC GMD?

9 Likes

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by Cooly100: 8:27pm On Mar 15, 2017
farouk0403:

Did you asked me question? I am just stating my opinion and everyone has the right to say whatever he/she likes.

...but the OP has a subject matter...
Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by rottennaija(m): 8:28pm On Mar 15, 2017
Cooly100:

Following the recent rejection of Ibrahim Magu confirmation as the substantive Chairman of Economic and Financial Crime Commission, (EFCC), by the Nigeria Senate on Wednesday the rumors mills has it that all eyes are now on a Deputy Commissioner of Police, (DCP),expected to take over Magu’s office.

Investigation revealed that DCP Ahmed Abdurahaman who is presently the Deputy Commissioner in-charge of Operations at the Kaduna State Police Command, is favored by the Presidency and other stakeholders because of his track records when he was the Deputy Director (Investigation), at the Headquarters of EFCC.

It was also gathered that most of the cases currently being handled by the EFCC are brain works of DCP Abdulrahaman who is being described as a fearless and upright officer.

Most people who come in contact with him describe him as a gentleman to the core but a man who can never mortgage integrity and call of duty for anything. These characteristics are what have given him upper hand above the other three nominees.

A source closed to the EFCC Kaduna office disclosed to this reporter that when DCP Abdulrahaman was Deputy Director with EFCC, it was a general saying then that; ‘The fear of Abdulrahaman is the beginning all wisdom for all staff and corrupt minded people’....

read more http://tribuneonlineng.com/magu-rejection-eyes-dcp-abdulrahaman

Favour by the presidency? Who is this presidency? Right, the cabal that wants Magu out by all means possible

2 Likes

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by NCP: 8:30pm On Mar 15, 2017
The new Yes Man waiting to carry out the bidding of his Oga.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by babyfaceafrica: 8:31pm On Mar 15, 2017
Cooly100:

doesn't matter,as long as they do a good job,are they not Nigerians?..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by farouk0403(m): 8:33pm On Mar 15, 2017
Cooly100:

...but the OP has a subject matter...

Ok let me answer you, Yes some Northerners are less corrupt compared to their southern counterparts,

The presidency need to choose a reliable candidate that he can trust any day any time, so they have too choose wisely.

Notherners are the top ranking officers on that field.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by Cooly100: 8:35pm On Mar 15, 2017
babyfaceafrica:

...but is quota system, and cut off in education, where some kids are rejected because their region has had their fill, despite having higher scores than kids from other regions...Are these kids being rejected not Nigerians? So also, those who don't have the opportunity to go for these posts, are they not Nigerians?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by saintmark88(m): 8:36pm On Mar 15, 2017
Cooly100:

They are naturally more honest and loyal than southerners

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by Cooly100: 8:37pm On Mar 15, 2017
farouk0403:

Ok let me answer you, Yes some Northerners are less corrupt compared to their southern counterparts,

The presidency need to choose a reliable candidate that he can trust any day any time, so they have too choose wisely.

Notherners are the top ranking officers on that field.

Are you joking...Tell me any northerner that had been the FCT minister that is not heavily corrupt? You can start from the most recent former minister...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 15, 2017
Akissani:
y e dae pain you?

that's not a smart thing to say

Consider if it's the other way round how would you feel

Remember changes is the only thing that is constant in life

2 Likes

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by Cooly100: 8:41pm On Mar 15, 2017
saintmark88:

They are naturally more honest and loyal than southerners

You mean no single individual from the south, including the "saintly and sophisticated" Yorubas, can be said to be honest and loyal? What do you mean by being honest? Is Magu honest, was the former FTC minister honest? Why do you like to play on people's intelligence, to satisfy your unjust nature?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by babyfaceafrica: 8:44pm On Mar 15, 2017
Cooly100:

...but is quota system, and cut off in education, where some kids are rejected because their region has had their fill, despite having higher scores than kids from other regions...Are these kids being rejected not Nigerians? So also, those who don't have the opportunity to go for these posts, are they not Nigerians?
lolz..oga na connection,even this north you are saying,if you no get leg,you no ho enter power..the problem with the south is we spend a lot of time fighting ourselves while the north increases its hold in power..everything na leg..customs,efcc
Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by farouk0403(m): 8:44pm On Mar 15, 2017
Cooly100:

Are you joking...Tell me any northerner that had been the FCT minister that is not heavily corrupt? You can start from the most recent former minister...

Last administration was full of criminals and looters, Bala Mohammad is a saint amongst them what I mean is his Looting is less compared to Dasuki, Metuh, and the rest.

If you are not convinced with my first opinion then you can try the second one, "The president need a reliable candidate"

3 Likes

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by Cooly100: 8:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
farouk0403:

Last administration was full of criminals and looters, Bala Mohammad is a saint amongst them what I mean is his Looting is less compared to Dasuki, Metuh, and the rest.

If you are not convinced with my first opinion then you can try the second one, "The president need a reliable candidate"

...and all the presidents, both from north and south need a reliable candidate for these posts...and they MUST come from the north?

9 Likes

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by Cooly100: 8:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
lolz..oga na connection,even this north you are saying,if you no get leg,you no ho enter power..the problem with the south is we spend a lot of time fighting ourselves while the north increases its hold in power..everything na leg..customs,efcc

..all these people MUST come from the north...even when the president comes from the south?

All of you are just too scared to say the reason...

This is the reason. Nigeria, as it is now, belongs to the north...People are second-class citizens in their own country...This is why there are agitations to split the country...to form a better country where everybody can aspire to any position, without some positions being reserved for people from a section of the country...TRUTH!!!

I am outta of here!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by babyfaceafrica: 8:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
Cooly100:

..all these people MUST come from the north...even when the president comes from the south?

All of you are just too scared to say the reason...

This is the reason. Nigeria, as it is now, belongs to the north...People are second-class citizens in their own country...This is why there are agitations to split the country...to form a better country where everybody can aspire to any position, without some positions being reserved for people from a section of the country...TRUTH!!!

I am outta of here!!!
lolz..as long as the south is not united,the north will take all of is for a ride.. And that is not going to end soon...if una like make una split to 30 places..same story...

2 Likes

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 15, 2017
babyfaceafrica:

Are Northerners more intellectuals than the southerners or are they less Nigerian
buhari is setting a bad precedent for a country that is ethnically and religiously divided as Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by farouk0403(m): 9:00pm On Mar 15, 2017
Cooly100:

...and all the presidents, both from north and south need a reliable candidate for these posts...and they MOST come from the north?
Only the past and present president can answer your question,
But let me try
OBJ trusted Ribadu because he have seen the potential in him,

GEJ brought Farida waziri because he Trusted her, but later on he decided to replaced her with Ibrahim Lamurde, and I dont know why.

The choices of selecting the EFCC chairman depends solemnly on the president, and he need to choose a competent and loyal person.

3 Likes

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by NASTYNASOSO: 9:16pm On Mar 15, 2017
HMMMM
ALL THIS TALK OF NORTH VS SOUTH FOR THE E.F.C.C. POST IS DEPICTING THE COMMON DEFEAT OF A GULLIBLE NIGERIAN.
THIS POST IS NOT FOR ALL AND ONLY THOSE WORTHY OF IT WITH LESS SKELETONS HIDDEN ARE RECOMENDED.
STOP SCREWING ISSUES.IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE A BETTER CANDIDATE PEOJECT HIM AND SEE IF HE WILL EVEN TAKE IT LIKELY WITH YOU.
NA TODAY

2 Likes

Re: Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman by babyfaceafrica: 9:29pm On Mar 15, 2017
sasko:

Are Northerners more intellectuals than the southerners or are they less Nigerian
buhari is setting a bad precedent for a country that is ethnically and religiously divided as Nigeria
it has always been like that before buhari..north head most of these agencies.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“why I Handed Over Nigeria’s Treasury To Women” – President Buhari / El-Rufai: Only Buhari Can Convince Me Run For Presidency Or Be A Running Mate / Election: TUC Adopts Peter Obi As Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.