Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,496 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota (8291 Views)

Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) / PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Replaces Of Dilapidated Pedestrian Bridge At Fadeyi / Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by winkmart: 6:16am On Apr 15, 2016
The Lagos State Government has announced that an additional foot bridge would be constructed at Ojota bus stop on Ikorodu road, to complement the existing one in order to contain the recent upsurge in usage by Pedestrians.

The Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Steve Ayorinde, who disclosed this in a statement on Thursday, said the decision arose out of the need to reduce the long time being currently spent on the queue by people using the bridge.

He said the construction of the additional bridge has become necessary after the newly erected New Jersey Wall on the median of the expressway has effectively curtailed indiscriminate dropping and picking of passengers along the highway as well as dangerous crossing of the road on foot by commuters.

He reiterated that the need for the construction of the wall, which is similar to the same measure taken between Ketu and Mile 12 axis of the road is meant to reduce fatalities on the part of commuters crossing the highway and the traffic gridlock caused by commercial buses and motorcycles engaging in indiscriminate dropping and picking of passengers.

While commending the orderly conduct of commuters in the usage of the bridge, the statement urged them to be patient with government until the new one is constructed, adding that the project is expected to be delivered within three months.

Ayorinde added that the new bridge will accommodate the special needs of the physically challenged, for their ease of movement.

SIGNED
STEVE AYORINDE
COMMISSIONER FOR INFORMATION & STRATEGY

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2016/04/lagos-to-construct-additional.html

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by HungerBAD: 6:18am On Apr 15, 2016
Nice.

A working Governor.

Common sense Governor.

18 Likes

Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by Akshow: 6:31am On Apr 15, 2016
Bout time.
Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by Tonyosas101(m): 6:32am On Apr 15, 2016
There is a governor that listen but my dear Fayose wil neva take sure step.....early dis week, d people of Lagos complained abt d bridge nd dis same week, d governor said he wil do sometin abt it nd i knw he wil,
here in Ekiti, if we complain, Fayose wil only come nd inspect it nd start tellin us the woes nd rubbish PMB is doin nd sum youth wil be glorifying him 4 his intelligent, then he wil bring himself low to we d mass by doin wat a common man can do nd his magic wil work on us to d extend dat we wil 4get abt our complaint.....

WHISH WAY NAH FAYOSE?

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by efilefun(m): 6:37am On Apr 15, 2016
Nice one ambode!!! But for real apart from the 200meters streetlight and expansion of one road what else has our ponmo cutting governor commissioned again in ekiti

5 Likes

Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by CACAWA(m): 6:47am On Apr 15, 2016
Why waste money on pedestrian bridges on a busy road . Save more money and be more disabled people friendly by creating a pelican crossing instead. It is within a built-up area for God's sake.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by GudluckIBB(m): 7:04am On Apr 15, 2016
CACAWA:
Why waste money on pedestrian bridges on a busy road . Save more money and be more disabled people friendly by creating a pelican crossing instead. It is within a built-up area for God's sake.

People will always complain.
No bridge they will complain.
Bridge they will complain

Meanwhile their governor in Ekiti is busy buying fish in the market and they call him "role model"
Na wah o!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by agabusta: 7:23am On Apr 15, 2016
CACAWA:

Why not explain what a pelican crossing is. And show us some pictures to reinforce your points.
Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by agabusta: 7:41am On Apr 15, 2016
CACAWA:

Just looked up pelican crossing.

It doesn't make sense for an highway.

We are having a traffic problem in Lagos, installation of a pelican crossing on a very busy highway will be very senseless and irresponsible.

A well designed bridge wth disabled facilities just as LASG said they would do should solve the issue. I wonder how you missed the part where LASG said the new bridge will have facilities for the disabled.

Something similar or better than the pedestrian bridge at CMS. There is also huge pedestrian traffic at CMS.

I think something close to pelican crossing is on Maryland bridge, but not sure if the lights for pedestrians is still working sef.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by agabusta: 7:57am On Apr 15, 2016
Pedestrian bridge option

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by Joel3(m): 8:13am On Apr 15, 2016
why not build it before the strict law. pelican crossing also make sense for now in addition to that foot bridge

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by Electronzeez(m): 8:18am On Apr 15, 2016
That bridge is another dangerous structure in ojota . there is no space , no illumination at night and it was not even design to handle the amount of people walking on it as we can see currently .

I stopped using that bridge not for the long queue but for the fear of sudden collapse .

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by marshalcarter: 8:20am On Apr 15, 2016
Mtsw....na only dat syd dem knw...dis ojo syd..shey no be lag baa undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by Ikechuzzy: 8:21am On Apr 15, 2016
Pedestal bridges are needed nitori olorun
Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by justmenoni: 8:22am On Apr 15, 2016
I won't even dare use the pelican crossing in naija... Some year's ago in surulere while respecting the traffic you need to see how the driver's behind me were ranting like they've just been discharged from yaba left

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by Mufasa27(m): 8:23am On Apr 15, 2016
With all this good stories coming out of lagos, I can finally say ambode is working.....The only hard working apc Governor in the south west.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by Cy995: 8:23am On Apr 15, 2016
Beautiful plan
Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by Ptoocool(m): 8:24am On Apr 15, 2016
Lagos is moving! Ambode is working!

Wailers can cum and lick ma 5n As5

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by superemmy(m): 8:25am On Apr 15, 2016
Tonyosas101:
There is a governor that listen but my dear Fayose wil neva take sure step.....early dis week, d people of Lagos complained abt d bridge nd dis same week, d governor said he wil do sometin abt it nd i knw he wil,
here in Ekiti, if we complain, Fayose wil only come nd inspect it nd start tellin us the woes nd rubbish PMB is doin nd sum youth wil be glorifying him 4 his intelligent, then he wil bring himself low to we d mass by doin wat a common man can do nd his magic wil work on us to d extend dat we wil 4get abt our complaint.....

WHISH WAY NAH FAYOSE?

Are you saying Fayose is a Magician?

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by opalu: 8:27am On Apr 15, 2016
Great
Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by x2lambo(m): 8:28am On Apr 15, 2016
This is Naija pelican won't work a typical Nigeria won't wait for red light

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by Electronzeez(m): 8:28am On Apr 15, 2016
Tonyosas101:

WHISH WAY NAH FAYOSE?

Fayose that lives in Lagos . someone that enjoy all the sandwiches and ice cream Lagos has to offer grin. Is it that type of governor you expect magic from .

He is only good at commissioning ponmo joint , palm wine and ogogoro joint .

The same uselesss governor is the one in kwara .

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by markast: 8:29am On Apr 15, 2016
Akshow:
Bout time.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by meshacha1: 8:30am On Apr 15, 2016
Indeed NL is strongly influencing our community, that's good. Ever since the picture of people going through the ojota bridge made front page, another pedestrian bridge is been considered for ojota. .... smiles!
I remember the issue of slot with a NL'r and slots reaction because it was pasted on front page.
Pls, let's be careful of what we say and post here o....smiles!
If you agree with me that NL is the best forum in Nigeria hit like.
If you agree that in a day, you cannot do without NL hit like.
If you agree with me that you get your facts, daily news and information on NL please hit like.
If you agree with me that PMB is a NL'er Pls hit like.
Finally if your are a NL'er hit like.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by ba7man(m): 8:32am On Apr 15, 2016
CACAWA:
Pelican crossing at Ojota

Dude..... pass me that good stuff you smoking.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by FunmyKemmy(f): 8:33am On Apr 15, 2016
welcome development.
Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by hadura29(m): 8:36am On Apr 15, 2016
Tonyosas101:

WHISH WAY NAH FAYOSE?

Lol, don't tell me you people are regretting oooooo, coZ I was in ekiti all through when you chased Fayemi and that you youth want a man of the people. I guess you didn't realise that your governor has changed from what he used to be during his previous regime.. best of luck ooo, even me gan from I don't understand the Alfa there, but na sit down look I dey.

Good morning...
Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by gasperkoya(m): 8:36am On Apr 15, 2016
CACAWA:

Used your head!!!
Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by Generalkorex(m): 8:43am On Apr 15, 2016
We need am
Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by iamdynamite(m): 8:58am On Apr 15, 2016
nice one from ambode....keep proving your doubters wrong.......they said you are a puppet but i like your kind of puppet because you are a listening and a working puppet........unlike one self acclaimed jagaban in ekiti state.........that is busy frolicking with oloshos in lagos.....
Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by dulux07(m): 9:04am On Apr 15, 2016
This man has been impressive. Street lights, ongoing construction of over head bridges and roads, rebranding RSS.hope he continues like this till the end.

I like fact that he does not have time lamenting or participating in party and federal issues, onlike some governors who keep attacking the fed govt, yet ve done lil or nothing 4 der state.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota by mykelly(m): 9:11am On Apr 15, 2016
All I know is that you are on your own
CACAWA:

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Raises ₦100 Billion Infrastructure Bond / NASS Cuts Short Break For Reviewed 2020 Appropriation Bill / 21,524 APC Members Defect To PDP In Plateau State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.