Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,708 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff - Jobs/Vacancies (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff (730020 Views)

FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates / Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) Job Recruitment Of 1,250 New Staff / Lagos State To Recruit 1,000 Teachers Into Secondary Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Yaasir(m): 7:23pm On Jan 27, 2018
CalyMan2:
Your posts are highly appreciated but wanna get sumtin clear. Wz there any message or notification as to those who supposely where to resume? or still awaiting offer letters.
People that went for the interview were speculated to resume this month. There has been several speculation about the resumption date. That was why I said only Fowler knows, and probably some few people. Nothing is going in inside the firs. The resumption may be tomorrow or later in future, only that man has the list. Even the last internal recruitment they did, he kept the list to himself but only brought few names at a time to be given offer letter. I think the man is trying to avoid scandal, whereby people will publish the list before it is officially released. PMB has warned them about secret and irregular recruitments

2 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by siina(m): 8:49pm On Jan 27, 2018
Expensive85:

So what criteria or criterion will they use in selecting the 15 that would be promoted in your analogy, given that the 100 persons were recruited the same day, the same qualifications, years of service etc?
I may not know how things work in FIRS but I know that promotion, as and when due, is one of the rights and motivational incentives that workers enjoy in the civil service. They like to flaunt their seniority, �!
Well thats a question you will need to ask Fowler or those in charge of the recruitment.But what I said is fact and you can walk to any FIRS office and confirm yourself, its not a secret or a hidden thing. Infact the guy was busy reading seriously like kilode then. Again each depatments in the University has a quota meaning the maximum number of students that will be admitted into that department and they still conduct exam for the students, so what yardstick do they use in the admitting the required quota?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by 48noble(m): 12:05am On Jan 28, 2018
Expensive85:

So what criteria or criterion will they use in selecting the 15 that would be promoted in your analogy, given that the 100 persons were recruited the same day, the same qualifications, years of service etc?
I may not know how things work in FIRS but I know that promotion, as and when due, is one of the rights and motivational incentives that workers enjoy in the civil service. They like to flaunt their seniority, �!

don't mind them jarre
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by 48noble(m): 12:07am On Jan 28, 2018
siina:
Well thats a question you will need to ask Fowler or those in charge of the recruitment.But what I said is fact and you can walk to any FIRS office and confirm yourself, its not a secret or a hidden thing. Infact the guy was busy reading seriously like kilode then. Again each depatments in the University has a quota meaning the maximum number of students that will be admitted into that department and they still conduct exam for the students, so what yardstick do they use in the admitting the required quota?

university community is far different from job environment...stay informed
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by dganse: 12:14am On Jan 28, 2018
48noble:

so speculative....
1. Firs promotion is based on those who qualified to be promoted and it is not based on a number quota kind of thing as u guessed.

2. FCC is so deformed by this government that Nigerians regret believing d change mantra...

3. FIRS can't hijack d recruitment when NASS is standing on their budget n modus operandi or bureaucracy in FIRS and d executive still appoint d board members. firs workers r civil servants too.

4.call it Nepotism or corruption.. recommendations by relevant stakeholders is part of bureaucracy in government recruitment. thank God u ve a contact person don't flash it on others, people r working in CBN, NNPC n foreign Nigerian embassies n r paid in hard currency... some recommended them.

5. I don't think we care where they type d offer letter or APL, just as I don't care where they printed d #1k note I used in buying callcard for data dis morning. let them bring d damn thing n end this 2016 recruitment process so people can start earning n spending joor.

6. Respect our patience...don't blast us in d name of giving us info.

7. God bless our FIRS hustle...

48noble something is wrong with you,you are the one tryn to drop your presure on someone.haba I dobt if you're ok.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by siina(m): 8:06am On Jan 28, 2018
48noble:

university community is far different from job environment...stay informed
you dont have any source you are just blabbing , stay there and continue talking rubbish. I have quoted my source but you just they blab rubbish without any reasonable source. I have first hand info on this
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by siina(m): 8:11am On Jan 28, 2018
Someone said what hus source said on promotion and i supoorted him because I have the same info but someone people will always want to believe what they want to believe without any cogent reasons. If you have contrary info state it here, this info is verifiable, walk into any office and ask there staff simple
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by dganse: 9:50am On Jan 28, 2018
siina:
Someone said what hus source said on promotion and i supoorted him because I have the same info but someone people will always want to believe what they want to believe without any cogent reasons. If you have contrary info state it here, this info is verifiable, walk into any office and ask there staff simple

You're right my man

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by mikeywise(m): 10:45am On Jan 28, 2018
siina:
you point exactly? Because I dont seem to understand why you are condemning yessir's post. I have a friend in firs also,he is a manager and he also confirmed to me last year december that vacancies were declared for each cadre. So technically if 15 posts is declared for officer 1 and and we have 100 officer 11 that are due for officer 1only 15 out of 100 will be promoted. Thats the latest in FIRS now

while this is true, the statement he made that only 60 people will be promoted for 2017 is false.

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by 48noble(m): 10:52am On Jan 28, 2018
dganse:

48noble something is wrong with you,you are the one tryn to drop your presure on someone.haba I dobt if you're ok.

so much hate
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by siina(m): 11:10am On Jan 28, 2018
mikeywise:

while this is true, the statement he made that only 60 people will be promoted for 2017 is false.
yess boss, maybe the 60 he mentioned is just an analogy
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by lamash: 8:34pm On Jan 28, 2018
Yaasir:
I am going to give a very comprehensive response based on my knowledge, information and cross-referencing with other credible sources:
There was promotion exam in firs but it ended on the 29th of December, 2017. I heard only 60 people will be promoted.
Recruitment is based on many factors: allocation to states and various grades presently occupied by each state.
The recruitment has not been hijacked by NASS but firs itself (the oga at the top). Almost all the people that went for the interview were supposed to get the job but the reality on ground is “many of them would not get it”. The issue is not necessarily firs directly but allocation given to each power block. Let us be sincere with ourselves, how many people went for that interview without being nominated by someone? Please, be truthful. The person that nominated me had 15 people on the list for 3 different power block (the head of one of the military arm had 5 people from his state)! He was told to ranked us according to his preference based on reality on ground. He was eventually given 5 slots. I was covered on the slot but my state cannot accommodate my grade. So, I was given another option. So like that, many people changed their preferred candidate based on pressure and reality on ground. Many people went for interview afterward cos you know why? The number 1 guy on our list was also nominated by federal character commission. The day after, fcc called him to know whether he went for the interview. What it means is that either our link in the presidency or fcc must nominate another person. Also, firs reduced some people’s allocation. So, you see why some names will be dropped and others replaced.
As a matter of fact, nothing is going on inside firs. No letter is being typed but funny enough, the recruitment is going on and very real. The offer letter would most surely come from outside the firs. After all, it only needs the oga’s signature to be official. Only Fowler and few people know about the process. The same way the interview invite came without their staff knowing. Personally, I believe you can still put pressure and get it without attending any interview.
Only God knows when the recruitment will end. It is really a long walk. Some people might be given you contrary information. It may not necessarily be wrong but depend on from where they are getting the info (Politician, presidency, nass, firs, firs management, Fowler, the consultant or even public forum). It all boils down to source!

All the best to everyone.

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by tonyhoney: 5:43pm On Jan 30, 2018
lamash:

All the best to everyone.
Nah wah o.. Won't I resume for this job on time?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by obaloppelujo(m): 9:38pm On Jan 30, 2018
Nah wah o.. Won't I resume for this job on time?

Lol funny guy
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Expensive85: 9:51pm On Jan 30, 2018
tonyhoney:

Nah wah o.. Won't I resume for this job on time?km

The truth is that no one in this forum seems to know what is going on in this FIRS Recruitment and that's quite unfortunate.
ALL WHAT WE KEEP HEARING ARE SPECULATION/CONFABULATION.
The waiting period continue.

4 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by obaloppelujo(m): 10:55pm On Jan 30, 2018
—-
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by 48noble(m): 5:48am On Jan 31, 2018
where r ye public bureau informants?!
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 31, 2018
48noble:
where r ye public bureau informants?!
wat r u bringing to the table? Nobody owes you any info u know?

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by siina(m): 8:11am On Jan 31, 2018
salvation101:
The guy sound asinine most of the time
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by 48noble(m): 4:56pm On Jan 31, 2018
salvation101:

which kin Salvatore r u sef?!
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by 48noble(m): 7:19pm On Jan 31, 2018
siina:
The guy sound asinine most of the time

ignored
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by cellin: 9:19am On Feb 01, 2018
Happy New month pals. May we testify this February.

2 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by tonyhoney: 10:58am On Feb 01, 2018
cellin:

Amen IJN.

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Expensive85: 1:37pm On Feb 01, 2018
cellin:

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by CalyMan2(m): 2:06pm On Feb 01, 2018
Guys any update as regards the recruitment?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Expensive85: 2:56pm On Feb 02, 2018
CalyMan2:
Guys any update as regards the recruitment?

Most likely next week.
That's what I am told though!
A smashing weekend to everyone!

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by CalyMan2(m): 3:33pm On Feb 02, 2018
Expensive85:

Most likely next week.
That's what I am told though!
A smashing weekend to everyone!
GOD Almighty in his infinite mercy, will see us through. AMEN!!!

3 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by evisky(f): 11:40pm On Feb 03, 2018
It's well well
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by 48noble(m): 12:01am On Feb 04, 2018
good news in 3D

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by tonyhoney: 7:15am On Feb 04, 2018
48noble:
good news in 3D
Any better info for us?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by b03liberty(m): 9:24am On Feb 05, 2018
Expensive85:

The truth is that no one in this forum seems to know what is going on in this FIRS Recruitment and that's quite unfortunate.
ALL WHAT WE KEEP HEARING ARE SPECULATION/CONFABULATION.
The waiting period continue.

you are smart Bros. And that is the truth! I am not here to spoil anybody mind nor dash out the hope because I am a waiter too. But truth be told, and the true is that ginger and Goan your contact ooo. As I am typing this, I am inside one of their office in Abuja, and to tell you what... fresh and new faces every where. I did not too surprised though because my chikilin contact there once told me that people resume work virtually every day. May God elevate my contact too. And connect us with our destiny helper..

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Expensive85: 12:56pm On Feb 05, 2018
b03liberty:

you are smart Bros. And that is the truth! I am not here to spoil anybody mind nor dash out the hope because I am a waiter too. But truth be told, and the true is that ginger and Goan your contact ooo. As I am typing this, I am inside one of their office in Abuja, and to tell you what... fresh and new faces every where. I did not too surprised though because my chikilin contact there once told me that people resume work virtually every day. May God elevate my contact too. And connect us with our destiny helper..

So are you there in their office to resume work too or for what?
I learned that N-Tax Volunteers are also being deployed to work with FIRS, so try and find out the particulars of those resuming work.
Tops of the week!

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (124) (Reply)

NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 / Etisalat Customer Care Job / Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.