Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,658 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff - Jobs/Vacancies (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff (731343 Views)

FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates / Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) Job Recruitment Of 1,250 New Staff / Lagos State To Recruit 1,000 Teachers Into Secondary Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Expensive85: 10:21pm On Feb 20, 2018
kristion:
Someone from Yobe got a call; another from Borno got called; and someone from Nasarawa got called. The calls are made randomly and not everyone is called. I wasn't called. And don't think that only Northerners are called, it just happens that I know these three who were called. For these three, they're sure they already have the job as their names are on the list against their respective state of origin.

What of people from the South- South/ South Eastern parts of the country or has this recruitment exercise been hijacked by the Northerners as was the case in the Last DSS and NHIS Recruitments? What is this country turning into biko?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Pivot: 10:29pm On Feb 20, 2018
Expensive85:

What of people from the South- South/ South Eastern parts of the country or has this recruitment exercise been hijacked by the Northerners as was the case in the Last DSS and NHIS Recruitments? What is this country turning into biko?
Guy read up,Fcc won't call everybody, I'm surprised at the kind of questions people ask here,someone gave an info and you are asking this

2 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Reader530(m): 11:20pm On Feb 20, 2018
Pivot:

Guy read up,Fcc won't call everybody, I'm surprised at the kind of questions people ask here,someone gave an info and you are asking this
Good one
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by elyonjane: 1:54pm On Feb 21, 2018
Pls do anyone have insight on what is happing in FIRs Enugu. And do anybody have an idea of how replacement is done in Firs.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by siina(m): 3:18pm On Feb 21, 2018
elyonjane:
Pls do anyone have insight on what is happing in FIRs Enugu. And do anybody have an idea of how replacement is done in Firs.
did you hear anything about replacement or why do you ask?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by kabosko(m): 3:20pm On Feb 21, 2018
I just got info from a staff of firs Abuja office 14 new assistant directors and some other staff in different cadres resumed work last week. He says it's most likely from the last recruitment exercise. Can anyone confirm how true this is?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by ayodejiadetoro(m): 4:43pm On Feb 21, 2018
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by ayodejiadetoro(m): 4:44pm On Feb 21, 2018
kristion:

Nothing yet. I have friends who had the NCAT interview, none has been called. In fact, after the interview, nothing has been done.

Sir, what do you mean by nothing has been done on the NCAT recruitment?

Do you mean no one has been contacted YET or the whole process is on pause?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by chyima(f): 5:12pm On Feb 21, 2018
kristion:
Someone from Yobe got a call; another from Borno got called; and someone from Nasarawa got called. The calls are made randomly and not everyone is called. I wasn't called. And don't think that only Northerners are called, it just happens that I know these three who were called. For these three, they're sure they already have the job as their names are on the list against their respective state of origin.

does this means those that where called had attended the interview which held last year,or just random people who applied
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Firstinline(m): 7:51pm On Feb 21, 2018
This country seems to be a huge joke.

I mean why the hell does a federal government recruitment have to be as long as almost three years now.

This is really bad and somebody need to loose his job for this abi nah snail them be for that FIRS

3 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by elyonjane: 11:43pm On Feb 21, 2018
siina:
did you hear anything about replacement or why do you ask?
yes I hard something and you should mind how u direct your question. Esp in reply to some inquiry. Thanks
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by siina(m): 6:45am On Feb 22, 2018
elyonjane:
yes I hard something and you should mind how u direct your question. Esp in reply to some inquiry. Thanks
did I ask rudely? I heard about replacement too but not just sure they have started calling them thats was why I asked if you hear anything about it too
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by 48noble(m): 8:32am On Feb 22, 2018
u can call FCC 09034674929, 09034671284

PROCEDURES FOR RECRUITMENT INTO THE
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICES

1. The Federal Character commission is mandated by Paragraphs 8(1)(a) and (b) of section C, part 1, Third schedule t the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to:
“work out an equitable formula, subject to the approval of the National Assembly, for distribution of all cadres of posts in the Public Service of the federation and of the States, the Armed Forces of the Federation, the Nigeria Police force and other government security Agencies, government owned companies/parastatals of the states” and to “promote, monitor and enforce compliance with the principle of proportional sharing of al bureaucratic, economic, media and political posts at all levels of government”.

2. The Commission is further empowered by Section 4(1)(g)(i) of the federal Character Commission (Establishment, etc.) Act Cap F7 laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004, to:
“ensure that all ministries and Extra-Ministerial Departments, agencies and other bodies affected by this Act have clear criteria indicating the conditions to be fulfilled and comprehensive guidelines on the procedure for determining eligibility and the procedure for employment in the public and private sectors of the economy”.

3. In furtherance of the measures aimed at ensuring compliance with these constitutional and statutory provisions,
the following procedure shall be followed in filling all vacancies, particularly at the entry point:

a. each MDA shall ensure proper manpower planning in accordance with its authorized staffing/manning level;
a. When there is a need to recruit staff, available vacancies shall be harvested and identified cadre by cadre;
a. The spread of al vacancies to be filled shall be predetermined in relation to the current levels of (Federal Character) representation, by states or zones, at a joint meeting of MDA and the FCC;

a. The MDA shall ensure, and provide comprehensive job description (academic qualifications and cognate experience) required for each vacant position;
a. All vacancies shall be advertised in at least two newspapers circulating nationally, giving prospective candidates, a minimum of six weeks within which to apply;
a. In filling the allotted vacancies, adequate consideration shall be given to gender representation and the physically challenged;

a. Where candidates are required to apply on-line, hard copies of such applications shall nevertheless be accepted;
a. In the event of candidates being required to buy Scratch Cards, the costs shall not be more than Five hundred Naira only;

i. Where the services of Consultants are engaged by any employer of labour in the federal Public service, it shall be the duty of such MDA to acquaint the Consultant with the process outlined herein for strict compliance.
The Consultant shall disclose, in the advertisement, the MDA on which behalf he is acting. Responsibility for such compliance shall be with the MDA.

(4) Only candidates who have met the basic minimum requirements for each position shall be shortlisted for interview or any other selection process. Under no circumstances shall an unqualified candidate be shortlisted purportedly on the basis of federal character considerations. However, a candidate who has met the basic minimum requirements shall be eligible to complete for posts reserved for his State and/or Zone, and shall not be penalized or disadvantaged in favour of a candidate from another state or zone who may posses’ higher qualifications.

(5) At the close of advertisement, and from the long list of all applications received, a shortlist of qualified candidates shall be compiled for interview or any other mode of selection on State by State basis:

a. drawing as much as possible, in equal number, from each State of the Federation and approximately a third of that number from the FCT, indicating also, the Local Government Area of origin.
(Where an aptitude test or any other type of written or oral test is required as part of the selection process, the compilation of results shall be on State by State basis, in order to enable the best candidates from each State and the FCT to be employed).

b. the best and most competent candidates from each State of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory shall be shortlisted to compete for positions reserved for their respective States/Zones.

(6) The list of successful candidates shall be compiled and, at a special joint meeting of the MDA and the FCC, and matched, for consistency, with the pre-determined distribution formulae.

(7) a. A Certificate of Compliance (with the FCC principles/guidelines) shall be issued as final authorization for the release of letters of appointment to successful candidates by the recruiting MDA (No MDA shall issue Letters of Appointment to candidates without this Certificate).
b. The list of all successful candidates shall be published in at least two newspapers, circulating nationally by the MDA.

(cool WARNING
a. Section 4(1)(e) of the FCC Act empowers the Commission to intervene in any recruitment
process where the provisions of this Circular has been, is been or is likely to be contravened by any MDA.
b. Section 16 of the same act provides:

Subject to the constitution, where any provision of this Act is inconsistent with the provisions of any other law or enactment, the provisions of this Act shall to the extent of that inconsistency prevail.

c. Therefore, any person or institution (whose activities are covered under the FCC (2004) that carries out recruitment, in whatever form or guide, and without appropriate advertisement and observance of these guidelines shall be committing an offence under section 14, punishable under Section 15 of the FCC Act.

(9) It shall be the responsibility of all Permanent secretaries/Chief Executives of all Ministries, Extra-Ministerial Departments, service Chiefs, Inspector-general of Police, parastatals, Agencies and other federal Government establishments to ensure compliance with these procedures.

10 This Circular takes effect from the 1 day of September, 2008 and supersedes all previous Circulars on this subject.
Prof. Shuaibu Oba AbdulRaheem
(Talba Ilorin)

Executive Chairman
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by elyonjane: 8:34am On Feb 22, 2018
siina:
did I ask rudely? I heard about replacement too but not just sure they have started calling them thats was why I asked if you hear anything about it too
ok had they will start calling them in the east.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by siina(m): 8:38am On Feb 22, 2018
elyonjane:
wow, this recruitment self no get part two. I just pray we are all favoured in the end
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by CalyMan2(m): 8:52am On Feb 22, 2018
elyonjane:
Do you mean its those that did the interview or what and when would they start calling?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by 48noble(m): 1:57pm On Feb 25, 2018
siina:
I know you have bad manners just like on here and DPR thread, I will not join issues with you cause I wont come to your level

the always bita antagonist
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by siina(m): 2:12pm On Feb 25, 2018
48noble:

this guy is in fire brigade...every smoke is an emergency
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by siina(m): 2:17pm On Feb 25, 2018
48noble:

keep it up...diaisGod
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Hobowobo(f): 3:50pm On Feb 25, 2018
Wen will d list come out? Appointment letter
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by obaloppelujo(m): 5:38pm On Feb 25, 2018
Walahi ! This firs hurly-burly is longer deeper than an ocean . Guys just keep guessing , fibbing/fabricating and permutating...Those firs guys should do there worst and dont kill people with hope and cardiac arrest.

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by ohis2016: 7:36pm On Feb 25, 2018
I have long, given up on the whole process, because it hasn't been straight forward from the beginning, we should all just let it go and move on. They have already fixed their own candidates. So let's look for something else, and pray that this Cup passover over us soon come 2019.

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Expensive85: 8:39pm On Feb 25, 2018
Hobowobo:
Wen will d list come out? Appointment letter

I am told that they will call the successful candidates in the last interview On or before 2nd of March, 2018.

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by virjay: 1:31pm On Feb 26, 2018
Expensive85:

I am told that they will call the successful candidates in the last interview On or before 2nd of March, 2018.

Thanks. Please how reliable is the info?

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by CalyMan2(m): 11:57am On Mar 01, 2018
virjay:

Guys any info about the issuance of apointment letter? Someone said they've started.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Johny316: 12:03pm On Mar 01, 2018
CalyMan2:
Guys any info about the issuance of apointment letter? Someone said they've started.

The 'someone' that said so, do u know the person?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Garciadrez(m): 7:32pm On Mar 01, 2018
Johny316:

The 'someone' that said so, do u know the person?
lolz grin
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Expensive85: 7:46pm On Mar 01, 2018
virjay:

I don't know how reliable is the info but the source is the same person who notified me of my shortlisting for interview and the exact day the call and email for the interview was scheduled.
He said the list of successful candidates was vetted by Federal Character Commission, Minister of Finance and only returned to the chairman of FIRS late last week for "further necessary action".
Happy New Month to Everyone!

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by obaloppelujo(m): 8:39pm On Mar 01, 2018
—-
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Expensive85: 9:58pm On Mar 01, 2018
obaloppelujo:

I don't know how reliable is the info but the source is the same person who notified me of my shortlisting for interview and the exact day the call and email for the interview was scheduled.
He said the list of successful candidates was vetted by Federal Character Commission, Minister of Finance and only returned to the chairman of FIRS late last week for "further necessary action".
Happy New Month to Everyone!

I heard something of such

What did you hear and from who?

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by obaloppelujo(m): 6:41pm On Mar 02, 2018
—-

2 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Expensive85: 6:49pm On Mar 02, 2018
obaloppelujo:

What did you hear and from who?

I heard from a source who linked me with the whole firs stuffs from the inception . Either i will be called he cant assure , but he promised he has done all he could to make me get the job . Conclusively sha , am still living on hope .

All the best my brother, everything being equal, no one who attended the 'interview' will be dropped.
Let keep hope alive. On or before the 15th of this Month, everything will be concluded.
Happy New Month and Have a Swell Weekend!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (124) (Reply)

NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 / Etisalat Customer Care Job / Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.