Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Why Filling Stations Should Start Selling Petrol In Jerry Cans - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Filling Stations Should Start Selling Petrol In Jerry Cans (428 Views)

NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) / Selling Fuel In Jerry-cans Via Car Boot (pic) / Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Filling Stations Should Start Selling Petrol In Jerry Cans by InMyOpinion(m): 11:17am On Apr 15, 2016
Just passed by a filling station around Ikeja and I can see the car queues are still quite heavy. What s quite noticeable though is the absence of jerry cans/Kegs.

I believe this was introduced to curb the black market excesses- but with the current situation compounded by sharp fall in electricity supply, I think this policy is rather counter-productive- it is creating more artificial scarcity and more value for the black market.

I believe a way out is to dedicate at least a single pump for jerry cans at each filling station and people who have the patience to queue for hours should be able to buy. The truth is that most of the fuel bought in jerry cans will end up in the black market- but that is exactly my point-which is, once we have more fuel flooding the black market, forces of demand and supply will force the black market prices down, and if the price on the black market is not far away from the pump price (say N120-N150), a lot of people would rather just buy from the black market than go queue for hours to buy at the pump. This will reduce the queues and as the queues reduce, more filling stations who are hoarding the product will begin to open up and naturally this should be over

My name is not Ben Bruce but I hope I make common sense
smiley smiley

(1) (Reply)

Escaped Chibok Girl Pleads For More Help From The US / Why Our Lawmakers Are No Longer Talking / Plateau: Police Arrest Suspected Herdsmen With Ammunition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.