Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,683 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) (22995 Views)

The Era Of Fuel Scarcity Is Gone For Good - NNPC Boss, Baru Assures Nigerians / NNPC Boss, Baru Reacts To Report Linking Kyari To N50bn Funds Kept Away From TSA / Senate To Probe Ibe Kachikwu's Letter To Buhari Over NNPC Boss, Baru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) by metroblogger: 6:10pm On Dec 27, 2017
The combined team of officials of the Nigerian National PetroleumCorporation (NNPC) and the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR), led by the Group Managing Director of the NNPC, Dr. Maikanti Baru, on Tuesday heightened the tempo of unscheduled visits to fuel stations across the Federal Capital Territory suspected to be involved in underhand dealings.

The raid which was facilitated by the operatives of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) led to the clampdown of a notorious fuel outlet in the Kubwa District of the FCT caught selling petrol at the rate of N250 per litre, a price well above the approved retail price of N145/litre.

The NNPC GMD promptly ordered an on-the-spot dispensing of the remaining product in the storage tank free to motorists in conformity with extant sanction for such misdemeanour.

Addressing journalists after the exercise, Dr. Baru noted that in line with its mandate as supplier of last resort, the NNPC would continue to work with relevant stakeholders like the DPR and Civil Defence Corps to bring to a quick end the prevailing hardship in accessing petrol across the country.

The GMD enthused that with the recent directive by the Presidency for the security agencies to tighten the noose on smuggling of petroleum products, the issues of cross-border activities and diversion of products would be curtailed, thus allowing Nigerians to benefit from the massive injection of fuel into the system being undertaken by the corporation within the last few weeks.

In a related development, the NNPC has announced the temporary suspension of products dispensing activities at its mega station along Lagos Road, in Port Harcourt due to a fire incident which occurred near the station.

The fire resulted from a Toyota Camry car which exploded outside the station after product was dispensed into an extra in-built locally fabricated tank designed to siphoned fuel.

Though the fire did not affect the station, the corporation noted that it was imperative to suspend operations to enable security agencies clear the resultant traffic situation at the scene.

Ndu Ughamadu

Group General Manager

Group Public Affairs Division,

NNPC, Abuja.

27th December, 2017.

http://www.metronaija.ng/photos-nnpc-boss-baru-dispenses-petrol-abuja/

1 Like

Re: NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 27, 2017
What sort of nonsense is this?

Nigerians are too docile, reason why stuppid leaders have refused to hide their ugly faces and acts

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 27, 2017
It shall not be well with this man, Buhari and everyone who has made this christmas a nightmare to the Igbos.

18 Likes

Re: NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) by Amthol(m): 6:32pm On Dec 27, 2017
Move aside

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) by kolafolabi(m): 7:10pm On Dec 27, 2017
This Naija defies all logic. No fuel yet there is traffic everywhere. What is powering these cars?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) by magoo10(m): 7:43pm On Dec 27, 2017
Deceitful men, let him come to abia and dispense fuel also. Incompetent lots

28 Likes

Re: NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) by MrHistorian: 7:44pm On Dec 27, 2017
Re: NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) by Justpassingby2(m): 7:44pm On Dec 27, 2017
K
Re: NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) by Write2018: 7:44pm On Dec 27, 2017
confused men

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) by Nawteemaxie(m): 7:44pm On Dec 27, 2017
Baru! Baru!! You dispensed their fuel free because they dinuh roger you well?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) by lilfreezy: 7:45pm On Dec 27, 2017
What fvckery is this

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) by dynicks(m): 7:45pm On Dec 27, 2017
naija my country...

1 Like

Re: NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 27, 2017
I dispense my own fuel myself everytime here in the U.S but I didnt snap myself doing it. angry

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) by Spaxon(f): 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2017
Amthol:
Move aside

Lemme call my husband

NwaAmaikpe baby come o

1 Like

Re: NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2017
kolafolabi:
This Naija defies all logic. No fuel yet there is traffic everywhere. What is powering these cars?
Try to give credit or type copied at the end of stuffs like this tongue
Re: NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) by aspirebig: 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2017
Abeggi
Re: NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) by CriticMaestro: 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2017
A lil bit too late for that now

1 Like

Re: NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 27, 2017
metroblogger:
The combined team of officials of the Nigerian National PetroleumCorporation (NNPC) and the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR), led by the Group Managing Director of the NNPC, Dr. Maikanti Baru, on Tuesday heightened the tempo of unscheduled visits to fuel stations across the Federal Capital Territory suspected to be involved in underhand dealings.

The raid which was facilitated by the operatives of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) led to the clampdown of a notorious fuel outlet in the Kubwa District of the FCT caught selling petrol at the rate of N250 per litre, a price well above the approved retail price of N145/litre.

The NNPC GMD promptly ordered an on-the-spot dispensing of the remaining product in the storage tank free to motorists in conformity with extant sanction for such misdemeanour.

Addressing journalists after the exercise, Dr. Baru noted that in line with its mandate as supplier of last resort, the NNPC would continue to work with relevant stakeholders like the DPR and Civil Defence Corps to bring to a quick end the prevailing hardship in accessing petrol across the country.

The GMD enthused that with the recent directive by the Presidency for the security agencies to tighten the noose on smuggling of petroleum products, the issues of cross-border activities and diversion of products would be curtailed, thus allowing Nigerians to benefit from the massive injection of fuel into the system being undertaken by the corporation within the last few weeks.

In a related development, the NNPC has announced the temporary suspension of products dispensing activities at its mega station along Lagos Road, in Port Harcourt due to a fire incident which occurred near the station.

The fire resulted from a Toyota Camry car which exploded outside the station after product was dispensed into an extra in-built locally fabricated tank designed to siphoned fuel.

Though the fire did not affect the station, the corporation noted that it was imperative to suspend operations to enable security agencies clear the resultant traffic situation at the scene.

Ndu Ughamadu

Group General Manager

Group Public Affairs Division,

NNPC, Abuja.

27th December, 2017.

http://www.metronaija.ng/photos-nnpc-boss-baru-dispenses-petrol-abuja/

Shit. Anything for the camera. Is this supposed to be the job of the NNPC GMD? shocked

11 Likes

Re: NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) by felixix(m): 7:47pm On Dec 27, 2017
C him suit abi na "suit agbada". God save us from all evil.

Suit wey dem take dey hide oil money

12 Likes

Re: NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) by Bollinger(m): 7:48pm On Dec 27, 2017
All i can say is Nigerians deserve everything they have coming to them with full measure. You'd think they would from this and so much more but for where. Next election all you need to get elected is promise manna from heaven and some lipton and gala and they'd be hooked. Line and sinker.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) by BiafranBushBoy: 7:49pm On Dec 27, 2017
Bullshit

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) by Kobicove(m): 7:52pm On Dec 27, 2017
I didn't know this guy was this short grin

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) by iyatrustee(f): 7:54pm On Dec 27, 2017
kolafolabi:

No fuel anywhere? Although it took me a little above 1hr to queue, i bought today in Abuja

See how many people dey follow one man! No wonder they dont really serve us!

7 Likes

Re: NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) by precious1967(m): 7:55pm On Dec 27, 2017
useless man. medicine after death.
Re: NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) by sirusX(m): 7:55pm On Dec 27, 2017
victorakpabome:

Shit. Anything for the camera. Is this supposed to be the job of the NNPC GMD? shocked
I wonder what his rationale was behind that shot ....just publicity that isn’t necessary

He should let his work speak for him rather than all this unnecessary attention seeking

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) by Balkan(m): 7:57pm On Dec 27, 2017
These Abokiss hailing the man deserve pity
When people say Abokiss no get .... you dont blame thems

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rauf Aregbesola: I Didn't Pick Senatorial Ticket Because I Want To Rest / 8000 Flee From Rann In Borno To Cameroon After Boko Haram Attack / President Buhari Arrives London Ahead Of Global Education Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.