Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency (27394 Views)

Senator Adeola Denies Ownership Of Discovered Billions In Osborne Tower / Dambazau Owns Real Estate In The US, Billions In Abuja - Sahara Reporters / Looters Hide Billions In Farms – Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by deflover(m): 5:27am On Apr 16, 2016
all the said investment goes to sw and the north.....nothing going to se or ss..
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by gabbytabby: 5:38am On Apr 16, 2016
Agents of destruction would destroy their father's house and then go to church on Sunday for breakthrough.

May God reward us all according to the thoughts in our hearts for our neighbours and our country.

LordAdam:
Where are the N5 trillion worth of investments they were able to secure from US?

Now, you want us to jubilate over N1.2 trillion worth of investments from China even before the ink is dry on the deal.

I thought they said, they went there to secure $6b worth of loan and that these loans would be used to finance projects in the 2016 project.

Rather they went there to negotiate new projects (most of which are not covered in the budget), without getting the loan to partly cover the $11b deficit. Anyone should correct me if I am wrong.

I thought they would get at least $2b loan to cover the deficit, then get these deals as extras.

The most annoying part of these deals is the fact that Chinese companies will do the construction and they will bring in their own Chinese workers as well as parts that should have been sourced in Nigeria. Where is the immediate benefit of more jobs, reduced unemployment rate, and boosting of our economy with the money?

Money would move from the Chinese bank financing the project to the Chinese company performing the project without reaching a Nigerian bank. Then the Chinese company will hire the staff and buy the materials in China, then bring them to Nigeria. Whatever will end in the Nigerian economy will be breadcrumbs.

In the end Nigerians would pay back with extensive billing or with crude oil sales or personal income taxes with interest.

I don't know what to call this government?

Why did the idiot leave this country to negotiate loan and deals without his Finance minster? Why?

Then, should we talk about the fact that all the projects are in the North and SW?

Let Buhari continue.

I'm just waiting for the f00l that would say SS/SE should be nationalistic when the West comes for Buhari's head for going to China and ignoring the IMF advice. If the US/UK and the West wants to destabilize Nigeria, we would whistle away and implore them to do their worst because it is very clear that we are not gaining anything from staying in this commonwealth.

-Lord
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by StOla: 5:52am On Apr 16, 2016
amtaken:
You didn't disappoint me at all....

Excuses and tribal bigotism....

Who's surprised?

Not me!

You will always get what you desire, failure or progress, kponmo or infrastructure, the choice is yours.

You criticised Buhari's trip to China but celebrated Fayose's trip to the same China and Wike's trip to watch Real Madrid play in Spain.

You criticised the loans being sought by the president in China, but now expect that your state and region have some benefit from the loans sought by other states, which you will still criticise in the future.

You rejoiced over the coastal railway removal from the budget just because of Amaechi and Buhari. I hope you now rejoice knowing that the senators and reps who redistributed the funds to their own village projects did not have those items in any budget to begin with, nor were those projects defended by any ministry?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by gabbytabby: 5:52am On Apr 16, 2016
Thank you Mr President for all the efforts and steps you continue to take to make Nigeria great.

The enemies of progress have always had destruction as their mantra. But God will destroy them with their tools.

Change is what we voted for and positive change we shall get.

It is tough for all but we pray for and with you daily that change will come.

The graves of our forefathers bleeds.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by anonimi: 6:26am On Apr 16, 2016
tola9jaa:
if you voted for buhari and by this time you have give up on him you dont see beyond your nose you and the wailers are from the same family

i have confidence that the money he borrowed he will use it judiciously

Yes, judiciously as he is using our presidential jets UNLIKE what he promised during his campaign, abi
Who is FOOLING who?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2856745_france1_jpegbcac12e5182a39792bfe884c7ba4f4fd

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2534006_bac_jpegc61aa2b5c36e6eaed9536f13d8712e19

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3484910_20160311201901_jpeg3212cea02ee0dec365d0abd007f3cf6f

GMB‬ Speech While Addressing Nigeria Community In The United Kingdom.

I Will Maintain a modest lifestyle as President -Muhammadu Buhari.

“One of the major killers of our economy apart from corruption is waste. Our scarce resources are being plundered away very carelessly and unnecessarily wasted. Let me give an instance, presently, there are more than 6 aircraft in the presidential fleet. What do you call that? Billions of naira is budgeted every year for the maintenance of these aircraft not to talk of operational cost and other expenses.

You may want to ask what a Nigerian President is doing with so many aircraft when a Prime Minister of Britain fly around using the same public aircraft like an ordinary Briton.

Go and check and compare with that of any developed country in the world, the office of the Nigerian President is a very expensive one inspite our high level of poverty, lack and joblessness. Despite all these, you still find a Nigerian Minister spending about N10billion to charter an aircraft for just one year. Now, for me, when we come into office, all these waste will be blocked and properly channelled into our economy. We intend for instance, to bring back our National carrier, the Nigerian airways. [size=14pt]We shall do this by bringing all the aircraft in the presidential fleet into the Nigerian airways[/size] and within a year increase the fleet into about 20.

More from: http://www.osundefender.org/?p=217159

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3389413_image7_jpeg0732f13267acada79ff6f1cbe3254162

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3488385_gk016_jpega153e6cea71b84eb21517735f889737c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3591900_fbimg1460408179666_jpegffe7b59f5cb45a48b2adf6b0340f4b2e

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Donsy(m): 6:26am On Apr 16, 2016
Why is all the agreements goes to N/SW, is SS/SE not part of Nigeria. This administration is making Nigeria fast dividing than before.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by amtaken(f): 6:32am On Apr 16, 2016
Back to you in Jesus name, amen.

StOla:

I'm not surprised by your hypocrisy and crocodile tears either.

Hopefully your hate and schizophrenic criticism might be toned down a notch after this reality check.

You will always get what you desire, failure or progress, kponmo or infrastructure, the choice is yours.
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by StOla: 6:42am On Apr 16, 2016
[color=#000000][/color]
amtaken:
Back to you in Jesus name, amen.

Oh you even know Jesus?

Who would have thought so.

The great achievements of PDP's 16years federal governance in your state and region should be enough to console you.
They surely must have done so great for you to really think so highly of them.

Continue to enjoy that, while those who want something else continue to get the much needed development.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by shugaboy6102(m): 6:51am On Apr 16, 2016
Fedayeen:
I took out time to read the statement there and a cold chill went through my spine.

Sometimes if you are fighting to believe in the Nigeria project our leaders will remind you that some regions don't deserve their attention.

Call me a tribalist now and i will embrace it with glee but we can see how the billions of contract were ceded to the North and SW.

Is the SS/SE part of Nigeria or is their resources solely for plunder and use to enrich other regions?

The revenue from oil will be used to pay this 2billion dollar loan but the people from that region are not alowed to share in the spoils of the loan.

Please don't tell me about who voted who because in democracy there is freedom to vote for anyone you want but the winner needs to carry everyone along.

My heart bleeds because this government ois sowing seed of division instead of integration.

If a restructuring is not done in this shameful system we call Federalism then an abortion might happen before the delivery day.

Our date with history is nigh.

Cc Truckpusher depreye
wise fellow.we are really sowing a terrible seed of discord in Nigeria.let everybody just wait for his or person to assume power cause it seems that's the new norm Nigeria is taking
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by persius555(m): 6:52am On Apr 16, 2016
Fedayeen:
I took out time to read the statement there and a cold chill went through my spine.

Sometimes if you are fighting to believe in the Nigeria project our leaders will remind you that some regions don't deserve their attention.

Call me a tribalist now and i will embrace it with glee but we can see how the billions of contract were ceded to the North and SW.

Is the SS/SE part of Nigeria or is their resources solely for plunder and use to enrich other regions?

The revenue from oil will be used to pay this 2billion dollar loan but the people from that region are not alowed to share in the spoils of the loan.

Please don't tell me about who voted who because in democracy there is freedom to vote for anyone you want but the winner needs to carry everyone along.

My heart bleeds because this government ois sowing seed of division instead of integration.

If a restructuring is not done in this shameful system we call Federalism then an abortion might happen before the delivery day.

Cc Truckpusher depreye
You are right in your observations. Majority of the loans will go into development of infrastructures in the North-West axis. Despite this, i still think the SS will indirectly benefit from these projects. To also point out the truth, with the unstable business climate in the south south, no sane business man will want to invest his money in a region where wanton destruction of public and private facility is the order of the day.
The challenges in the SS is multi dimensional in nature. The senators and leaders from that region are neither helping matters. Many of them are not interested in the economic development of that region, so also the people in that region dont question the integrity of their senators and governors. The last election in rivers is a valid pointer to issues being raised. It pains me to see the region being treated in that manner. The leaders need to rise up and put their people first.
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by olaztek(m): 7:44am On Apr 16, 2016
Chommieblaq:
I try to preach and tell people that this administration is not biased buh they keep proving me wrong.

What then happens to SE and SS,this ain't democracy.
SS and SE dislikes buhari's change. They don't need it.
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Chommieblaq(f): 8:20am On Apr 16, 2016
olaztek:

SS and SE dislikes buhari's change. They don't need it.

This is democracy and everyone has the right to vote who you want, do you think this the way democracy is being practiced?

The fact that the north didn't vote for Jonathan or didn't want him, didn't stop the the dividend of his govt from reaching them.
Them if he's pained and don't want anything to reach them, make he free them!
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by amtaken(f): 8:25am On Apr 16, 2016
All your direct and indirect curses back to you with lightening speed in Jesus mighty name I pray, amen.

StOla:
[color=#000000][/color]

Oh you even know Jesus?

The great achievements of PDP's 16years federal governance in your state and region should be enough to console you.

Continue to enjoy that, while those who want something else continue to get the much needed development.
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Chommieblaq(f): 8:29am On Apr 16, 2016
persius555:
You are right in your observations. Majority of the loans will go into development of infrastructures in the North-West axis. Despite this, i still think the SS will indirectly benefit from these projects. To also point out the truth, with the unstable business climate in the south south, no sane business man will want to invest his money in a region where wanton destruction of public and private facility is the order of the day.
The challenges in the SS is multi dimensional in nature. The senators and leaders from that region are neither helping matters. Many of them are not interested in the economic development of that region, so also the people in that region dont question the integrity of their senators and governors. The last election in rivers is a valid pointer to issues being raised. It pains me to see the region being treated in that manner. The leaders need to rise up and put their people first.

And you think the north don't destroy properties? Do you know how many companies have left Kano? I stayed in the north all my life, no region destroys properties like the north with riot n stuffs. We still have oil companies and many industries in rivers, have they been destroyed? Ma dear that excuse is lame, and what about the SE any cases of violence too?

PS Have you forgotten how violent election used to be in the north? Before the election ppl buy many food stuff and keep in the house cos no one knows how the aftermath is going to be. Buh that shouldn't be a yardstick for measuring whether the dividend should reach them or not!!!
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by ideylaff: 8:38am On Apr 16, 2016
frenchwine:
Seriously? Is the Presidency already singing it's own praise even before returning from the trip. This is typical propaganda. Allow us feel the impact of the deals and do the praise singing ourselves.

Hmmm you have spoken wisely ....God bless you real good

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Ngokafor(f): 8:46am On Apr 16, 2016
...This apc led government is becoming more of a joke each passing day..their zombie supporters are even more pathetic..

..so the China trip by buhari has already recorded 'billion' for this country? shocked..and sane folks are expected to believe that?..is it magic?..

...I have never seen a more useless,clueless and incompetent set of crooks than this administration riddled with lies..

...meanwhile as predicted their moronic and zombie supporters are already jubilating..bunch of clowns!
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Ngokafor(f): 8:49am On Apr 16, 2016
StOla:
[color=#000000][/color]

Oh you even know Jesus?

...common sharap!!!....zombie!..singing Pdp has ruined the country for 16yrs all the time,yet most of them are in apc now..yeye people.
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 16, 2016
Chommieblaq:

And you think the north don't destroy properties? Do you know how many companies have left Kano? I stayed in the north all my life, no region destroys properties like the north with riot n stuffs. We still have oil companies and many industries in rivers, have they been destroyed? Ma dear that excuse is lame, and what about the SE any cases of violence too?

PS Have you forgotten how violent election used to be in the north? Before the election ppl buy many food stuff and keep in the house cos no one knows how the aftermath is going to be. Buh that shouldn't be a yardstick for measuring whether the dividend should reach them or not!!!
Thanks for saying my mind. I don't like replying mentions so i pray someone should take on those people who want to be blind to this glaring bias.

Thanks again
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by EteEdoho: 9:40am On Apr 16, 2016
Fedayeen:

Cc Truckpusher depreye
Whosoever it maybe that is from ss/se,more especially ss,and most especially my beloved Akwa ibom state,that opens his mouth,be you who,and shout "ONE NIGERIA", may death visit that person!. May that person rot in hell, amen.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by matrixme(m): 10:06am On Apr 16, 2016
kolexy:

How do you rebase an economy?
Were you not there some years back in Jonathan's tenure when they suddenly announced that Nigeria has been reconsidered to be the largest economy in Africa due to an economic rebasement when majority could not eat a meal to bed?
Now it's the era of yuan economy.
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Nbote(m): 10:14am On Apr 16, 2016
Jus came across this yesterday
*My brothers pls this is my view on d recently signed china deal which i believe our President signed without getting his facts on china right.
On the China-Nigeria Yuan deal, Adétòmíwá Adétòmíwà Writes Lol! See my people, see jubilation over China-Nigeria deal. Nigerians are jubilating over $2b loan from China and the so called Yuan trading deal. It is not unusual for people to jubilate over food that will hurt their stomach, but it is unfortunate to see medical doctors celebrating agbo jedi. China want to borrow us 2 billion dollars, but they want to give us in Yuan and not the dollar itself. They are not handling us cash, but service exchange; meaning if we want to buy iron rod, we buy it from Chinese company and they pay the company on our behalf. If we want to construct railway, they will construct it for us and take the money out of the loan. In the end, we are bound to award contracts to them, cutting out competition from others and fairplay to others(non Chinese company can't bid or compete to reduce the cost.) They get to value the contract and determine the price, meaning they can sell something worth 200 Naira for N2000 and we don't have a choice 'cos it is on credit. The worst of it is that China want us to pay back in dollars, that is not all, we are moving our foreign reserve to fake currency(Yuan) a currency that is manipulated openly by the Chinese government. Did anyone ask Lamido Sanusi what happened to some of our reserve he moved to Yuan few years ago? They sold us Yuan at 4 to a dollar, only to devalue their currency few weeks latter to 9 Yuan per $. Many Nigerians don't know that even Chinese company don't want yuan, nobody want it, Chinese foreign reserve is in dollars, China is the largest holder of US bond, they want dollars by all means. Also, China have more lobbyists in Washington DC than any other nations on earth, begging Washington politicians to always make policy in their favour, how can such country save us from USD? Has anyone asked why China hasn't built any refinery in Nigeria?? They have the money, they want the profit, but never did it. If China does anything against Washington interest in Nigeria, USA have too much political power over China, they will just tell them not to do it. China will continue to inflate the contract price, refuse to complete the project and deceive us further. I don't blame Chinese leaders for trying to scam us, I blame our leaders for not being smart enough. What do you expect when you have political hacks negotiating on behalf of Nigeria against smart professionals from China. I was thinking Nigeria political leaders will do research about Chinese lobbyists in Washington and understand the interest they are protecting before believing in Chinese version of Trojan horse. We are the only one that can help ourselves, let's implement true federalism system and free market. Development is a culture and not a product, we can't buy it no matter how much money we have or borrow. It kills me when pple still open their mouths to say we should be patient with the President while his utterly destroying our economy and country. #copied#*
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Infinitikoncept(m): 10:56am On Apr 16, 2016
I saw another allocation for Lagos red rail project. What of the previous 1bn USD pumped into that project cox I don't seem to understand blue and red
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by BossDanniee(m): 10:56am On Apr 16, 2016
I pray o!
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by igwegeorgiano(m): 11:46am On Apr 16, 2016
[quote author=Weah96 post=44742527]

In addition to that, dey go carry their own workers come and pay their Nigerian handlers to hire diggers who will then be paid dirt cheap. [/quote glad to know that am not alone on this line of thought. God bless u ma guy.
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by IamThrive(m): 12:08pm On Apr 16, 2016
More action than words.

#2019Loading
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by LordAdam: 2:48pm On Apr 16, 2016
gabbytabby:
Agents of destruction would destroy their father's house and then go to church on Sunday for breakthrough.

May God reward us all according to the thoughts in our hearts for our neighbours and our country.

What will your God do to those who maim, kill, rape, and insult us because we happen to be neighbors and countrymen? Reward them with blessings abi?

Fake stupid prayer!

-Lord
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by winj: 3:09pm On Apr 16, 2016
nonsense, the Chinese are not stu.pid, China will benefit and Nigeria (plus the mall am who negotiated it) will not!

When was the last time a mallam actually negotiated anything for Nigeria that worked?
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by kesternice: 7:15pm On Apr 16, 2016
Joel3:
Advantage & Disadvantage Of Nigeria And China Deal

if you ask me, the only advantage is temporary and divert the existing problem.

Advantage of Nigeria & China Deal

1, to reduce temporary pressure on the dollar

2, cheaper import of Chinese goods & service

3. using Nigeria as a contact point or business hub to other west Africa country

4. short team infrastructure to ease suffering

5. the naira will now be accepted by some Chinese

6. opening of Chinese and Nigeria trade.

Disadvantage of Nigeria & China Deal

1, it discourage local product since its cheaper to import

2. it will increase importation as never before. and most especially this critical time oil is worthless

3. it contradict the slogan of Diversifying Nigeria economy

4. we have little to export to China compared with our import from China

5. the profit margin scale is not balance Nigeria is on the losing end.

6. the long team is disastrous to our economy

7. Chinese yuan is not worthy to bank on inflation will kill our reserve.

8. Chinese will start taking over our jobs and owing a store and storehouses. like it happens in Zimbabwe

9. on the long run there will be scarcity of the yuan just like dollar today.

you are free to add yours.
u re sick. How can can say these re short term benefit. Find out d reason some1 like dangote borrows money den u can be able 2 state d advantages of debt.
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Joel3(m): 7:20pm On Apr 16, 2016
kesternice:
u re sick. How can can say these re short term benefit. Find out d reason some1 like dangote borrows money den u can be able 2 state d advantages of debt.
shut up. do you think dangote care about you? these guys are after what they can get there hands on.. there are careless about the aftermath of this shiit call a deal. the loan of or the cabals and not for the goodness for the masses. the deal stink and has everything wrong with it.
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by judondasylva(m): 11:19pm On Apr 16, 2016
Fedayeen:

Cc Truckpusher depreye
my brother don't mind them, if they now complain some fools here will ask me did you vote him? why will he do anything for u guys? they fail to know that in Democratic election the winner does not get vote from everyone but have to carry all along when he win.
some will ask shey u guys want your own country why do you want him to do something for you ? but yet they don't us to go our way. my question is what does Buhari want from the Igobos?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Yahaya Bello At Tinubu's Home (Video) / Akeredolu Purchases N1.2 Billion Cars For Ondo Lawmakers, PDP Blasts Him / Caption This Photo Of Obasanjo And Ernest Sonekan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.