Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency (27396 Views)

Senator Adeola Denies Ownership Of Discovered Billions In Osborne Tower / Dambazau Owns Real Estate In The US, Billions In Abuja - Sahara Reporters / Looters Hide Billions In Farms – Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by madenigga(m): 9:02pm On Apr 15, 2016
Development is being cornered to the north and west, yet this same tribalistic people dont want others in there region.
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by banmee(m): 9:06pm On Apr 15, 2016
Austincrow:
Good for us

Not Good for you until corruption is wiped out from the very fabric of society in Nigeria. Or at least reduced tremendously. What will happen is the billions in investments will yield billions in profit which will yield billions in the accounts of your corrupt leaders. What was that? You say that is not possible? My question is, who or what's to stop this from happening? Remember Dasuki? And that's the one we know of. Imagine 20 politicians who have gotten away with the same thing Dasuki did. That's 40. . . . . . cool
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by hezik19: 9:09pm On Apr 15, 2016
And at the end, Chinese speaking will be part of our language and it will be taught in school. I guess is right time we dump English to Chinese.
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by aresa: 9:10pm On Apr 15, 2016
Fedayeen:
I took out time to read the statement there and a cold chill went through my spine.

Sometimes if you are fighting to believe in the Nigeria project our leaders will remind you that some regions don't deserve their attention.

Call me a tribalist now and i will embrace it with glee but we can see how the billions of contract were ceded to the North and SW.

Is the SS/SE part of Nigeria or is their resources solely for plunder and use to enrich other regions?

The revenue from oil will be used to pay this 2billion dollar loan but the people from that region are not alowed to share in the spoils of the loan.

Please don't tell me about who voted who because in democracy there is freedom to vote for anyone you want but the winner needs to carry everyone along.

My heart bleeds because this government ois sowing seed of division instead of integration.

If a restructuring is not done in this shameful system we call Federalism then an abortion might happen before the delivery day.

Our date with history is nigh.

Cc Truckpusher depreye

To start with, PMB went to China for $6 billion loan, but the same PMB is trying desperately to put double that at $12 billion project in your backyard and into your local economy, but you still managed to fight him and go tribal against him while supporting the crooks and jokers that took away the $12 billion project meant for you and your people...

Even in America or any developed country, states and communities do anything and everything under the sun to corner any dollar investment to their state or local governments, but you people play silly politics and tribalism with your future. Now you are shouting marginalization after shooting yourself dead...

Please kill the noise and let's hear word abeg..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 15, 2016
Joel3:
Advantage & Disadvantage Of Nigeria And China Deal

if you ask me, the only advantage is temporary and divert the existing problem.

Advantage of Nigeria & China Deal

1, to reduce temporary pressure on the dollar

2, cheaper import of Chinese goods & service

3. using Nigeria as a contact point or business hub to other west Africa country

4. short team infrastructure to ease suffering

5. the naira we now be accepted by some Chinese

6. opening of Chinese and Nigeria trade.

Disadvantage of Nigeria & Chinese Deal

1, it discourage local product since its cheaper to import

2. it will increase importation as never before. and most especially this critical time oil is worthless

3. it contradict the slogan of Diversifying Nigeria economy

4. we have little to export to China compared with our import from chine

5. the profit margin scale is not balance Nigeria is on the losing end.

6. the long team is disastrous to our economy

7. Chinese yuan is not worthy to bank on inflation will kill our reserve.

8. Chinese will start taking over our jobs and owing a store and storehouses. like it happens in Zimbabwe

9. on the long run there will be scarcity of the yuan just like dollar today.

you are free to add yours.

For your mind, you think you are an economist abi? ****
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by justmenoni: 9:15pm On Apr 15, 2016
When exactly will dis Lagos red line becomes ready... Nawa ooo for our govt
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by madenigga(m): 9:19pm On Apr 15, 2016
We don enter one chance for this Nigeria, this northerners and there Yoruba counterparts hv vowed to show us pepper.
LORD LUGGARD MAY GOD PURNISH U AND YOUR ENTIRE GENERATION.
MAY GOD JOIN THE UK THAT FORMED THIS DEMONIC UNION WITH THERE ENEMIES SO THEY CAN SELF DESTRUCT.
GOWON YOU AND YOUR FAMILY IS CURSED.
WHOSOEVER THAT HAS A HAND IN FORMING THIS COUNTRY MAY THAT PERSON ROT IN HELL.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by mej67: 9:21pm On Apr 15, 2016
Billions of loan, not Billions of investment. Both are not the same
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by TheFreeOne: 9:22pm On Apr 15, 2016
Fedayeen:
I took out time to read the statement there and a cold chill went through my spine.

Sometimes if you are fighting to believe in the Nigeria project our leaders will remind you that some regions don't deserve their attention.

Call me a tribalist now and i will embrace it with glee but we can see how the billions of contract were ceded to the North and SW.

Is the SS/SE part of Nigeria or is their resources solely for plunder and use to enrich other regions?

The revenue from oil will be used to pay this 2billion dollar loan but the people from that region are not alowed to share in the spoils of the loan.

Please don't tell me about who voted who because in democracy there is freedom to vote for anyone you want but the winner needs to carry everyone along.

My heart bleeds because this government ois sowing seed of division instead of integration.

If a restructuring is not done in this shameful system we call Federalism then an abortion might happen before the delivery day.

Cc Truckpusher depreye

amtaken:
Niger

Lagos

Ogun

Kogi

What about Eastern states?

Mxm.

Your concerns are justified and i hope there will be a balance in projects across the regions too.

Moreover, politicians/businessmen from the SE/SS need to draw the presidency's attention to this omission and pressure the FG on the need to complete pending projects within the region i.e 2nd Niger bridge, Lagos-Calabar rail line, Ibaka deep sea port e.t.c

However i am a firm believer in restructuring the country because that's the only solution that'll engender healthy competition and true development amongst the regions.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by StOla: 9:23pm On Apr 15, 2016
Fedayeen:

Cc Truckpusher depreye

What are the projects you want in your region and who is fighting for it on your behalf?

The Ogun-Chinese free trade zone project is an Ogun state project with the Chinese that the president has used his high office to seek support from China. The Lagos rail is a Lagos State project already started by Fashola that the president only helped secure funding for, just like he approved the loan sought by Edo state. The loans are state loans sought from international creditors.

So if your governors and political leadership in whatever region you come from are not interested in any project that requires presidential support, and would even berate the same president and Amaechi for insisting that the coastal railway must be retained in the budget, then stop shedding crocodile tears.

No region or state will be begged to receive federal infrastructure or support. Those who need it are already taking from you to complete their own, while you continue to hate without any gain.

Suddenly, critics like you and your named cohorts now realise that the China trip was useful?

Yes you are a tribalist.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by matrixme(m): 9:24pm On Apr 15, 2016
Words of the elderly, if it does not come to pass in the morning, it sure will by nightfall. Those that warned us that this administration is a scam were right afterall. He has gone ahead to sell our birthright to China. When one wants to make a deal with another country, smartness is required, like this America-India Pact To Share Army Bases.
http://m.indiatimes.com/news/india/10-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-america-india-pact-to-share-army-bases-253453.html
Jonathan did his during his time. He went ahead with Okonjo iweala to rebase the economy. We thought that would suddenly leapfrog our development but they were only confusing us with English.
For those of you waiting for all these fantastic offers to ease your livelihood as a Nigerian, you are just deceiving yourselves. Until fuel is reduced to the minimum, power supply is assured, infrastructures are provided and the teeming unemployment level is brought low, all attempts of Buhari`s administration is futile.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Nigeriasam: 9:26pm On Apr 15, 2016
theshadyexpress:
same way lie mohammed told us Buhari maiden previdential visit to the US yielded #5trn investment commitments and till today we are still using microscope to view the investors.

This government will say anything to justify its waste of scarce resources, only time will tell if nigerians will choose to live with a lie or begin a journey in search of truth

For me i'd rather take this report with a pinch of salt
your use of english teacher must be terrible or u are a poor learner.
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by manyr4luv: 9:26pm On Apr 15, 2016
shamsuRana:
cheesy

President Buhari's meeting with Chinese officials has brought so many benefits to Nigeria, and some of the agreements signed include:
1. 长,水利部苏莱曼阿达姆部长和国防部长丹阿里,长,水利部苏莱曼阿达姆部长和国防部长丹阿里, 长,水利部苏莱曼阿达姆部长和国防部长丹阿里
2.,长,水利部苏莱曼阿达姆部长和国防部长丹阿里,
他来到中国人民共和国长
3.,水利部苏莱曼阿达姆部长和国防部长丹阿里,
他来到中国人民共和国进行国事访问行国事访问长,水长长,水利部苏莱曼阿达姆部长和国防部长丹阿里,
他来到中国人民共和国进行国事访问水利部苏莱曼阿达姆部长和国防部长丹阿里,
他来到中国
4.人民共和国进行国事访问部苏莱曼阿达姆部长和国防部长丹阿里,
他来到中国人民共和国进行国事访问长
And additionally,水利部苏莱曼阿达姆部长和国防部长丹阿里,
他Lagos来到中国人民Calabar共和国进行国事访问他
Its a positive development
The government hopes to implement all these to the benefit of the populace.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by StOla: 9:28pm On Apr 15, 2016
aresa:

To start with, PMB went to China for $6 billion loan, but the same PMB is trying desperately to put double that at $12 billion project in your backyard and into your local economy, but you still managed to fight him and go tribal against him while supporting the crooks and jokers that took away the $12 billion project meant for you and your people...

Even in America or any developed country, states and communities do anything and everything under the sun to corner any dollar investment to their state or local governments, but you people play silly politics and tribalism with your future. Now you are shouting marginalization after shooting yourself dead...

Please kill the noise and let's hear word abeg..

Don't mind them.

It's just like Fayose suddenly asking why Ekiti state did not get any deal in China after sending a treasonous later to the Chinese to rubbish the same President.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by madenigga(m): 9:28pm On Apr 15, 2016
Injustice to one is injustice to all, look at how all this stup1d yorubas are busy celebrating the cheating nd injustice done to other regions.
Time shall tell.
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by StOla: 9:33pm On Apr 15, 2016
madenigga:
Injustice to one is injustice to all, look at how all this stup1d yorubas are busy celebrating the cheating nd injustice done to other regions.
Time shall tell.

So China trip is not useless afterall?

For those insisting Buhari will fail, he must surely fail in their states and region, not the ones hoping he will succeed.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Nusaf: 9:34pm On Apr 15, 2016
Nigeriasam:
your use of english teacher must be terrible or u are a poor learner.
What is wrong with his English? Cos the only mistakes I observed are not absent in yours either.
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by najib632(m): 9:35pm On Apr 15, 2016
Joel3:
Advantage & Disadvantage Of Nigeria And China Deal

if you ask me, the only advantage is temporary and divert the existing problem.

Advantage of Nigeria & China Deal

1, to reduce temporary pressure on the dollar

2, cheaper import of Chinese goods & service

3. using Nigeria as a contact point or business hub to other west Africa country

4. short team infrastructure to ease suffering

5. the naira we now be accepted by some Chinese

6. opening of Chinese and Nigeria trade.

Disadvantage of Nigeria & Chinese Deal

1, it discourage local product since its cheaper to import

2. it will increase importation as never before. and most especially this critical time oil is worthless

3. it contradict the slogan of Diversifying Nigeria economy

4. we have little to export to China compared with our import from chine

5. the profit margin scale is not balance Nigeria is on the losing end.

6. the long team is disastrous to our economy

7. Chinese yuan is not worthy to bank on inflation will kill our reserve.

8. Chinese will start taking over our jobs and owing a store and storehouses. like it happens in Zimbabwe

9. on the long run there will be scarcity of the yuan just like dollar today.

you are free to add yours.
It would have happened if PMB was GEJ
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by antispexish(m): 9:35pm On Apr 15, 2016
amtaken:
Niger

Lagos

Ogun

Kogi

Mxm.

he might have presented some projects their too to the Chinese, they probably rejected the idea of investing in the region

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by madenigga(m): 9:35pm On Apr 15, 2016
StOla:

So China trip is not useless afterall?

For those insisting Buhari will fail, he must surely fail in their states and region, not the ones hoping he will succeed.
If he doesn't want to preside over our region, he shud leave is to use our resources to preside over ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by NaijaEfcc: 9:35pm On Apr 15, 2016
Wey am nah??

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by pedel: 9:39pm On Apr 15, 2016
igboboy3:
there is already a power plant in shiroro. why are they building another one there?
Does it matter where power plant is built? What we need is power supply.
Already distribution infrastructure is already in Shiroro, I guess they are trying to add to the capacity.
There is a plan to build Nuclear Facility in Ihiala, Anambra State for the purpose of electricity generation. I hope the SE are pleased with that.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Pidggin(f): 9:44pm On Apr 15, 2016
We in SS and SE will have the last laugh, continue grin
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by antispexish(m): 9:45pm On Apr 15, 2016
development does not just happen, you have to plan it and put some few things in place.
You dnt expect a Chinese man to come invest in an area he does not know under which government or authority it will be in the future.
As long as Ipod is doing those rants it's known for on social media and the foreigners are reading it, most will think twice on their investment or investing their.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by nafiachi(m): 9:47pm On Apr 15, 2016
Fedayeen:

Cc Truckpusher depreye

Well, u r a tribalist just as u said we should call you.
Nigeria has 6 geopolitical zones, 3 in the south and 3 up north, you conveniently refer to the southwest independent from the south but the north central generally as the North, well I don't expect you'll see anything wrong with that since you are a TRIBAL BIGOT.

Change is here
Live with it.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by StOla: 9:47pm On Apr 15, 2016
amtaken:
Niger

Lagos

Ogun

Kogi

Mxm.

Firstly, Lagos and Ogun projects are state projects.

The Lagos rail was already flagged off by Fashola, while the Ogun-Chinese free trade zone is Ogun's version of Tinapa.

The president has only helped the states secure funding for completing their projects just like he recently approved the loan sought by Edo state for state projects.

On a different note, you of all people continuously insist that the president must fail, that the China trip is a waste bla bla bla. Yet you are now asking why nothing is coming to you? Did your governors request for any presidential help with international loans that was not rendered?

Did you not rejoice that the president and Amaechi's bid to have the coastal railway approved was rejected by the National Assembly? When did people start to rejoice over their own loss of development?

If you want Buhari to fail, he will surely fail, but it must be in your state and region.

You are your own enemy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by precious1967(m): 9:48pm On Apr 15, 2016
where is fayose? we are awaiting for fayose's fruits from china. SHAMLESS GOVERNOR
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by frisky2good(m): 9:51pm On Apr 15, 2016
When they want to make positive announcement, Garba Shehu does it. When it's time to lie, Lie Mohammed does it. When bubu shit for church na Femi dem go call to come pack am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Vveni(m): 9:53pm On Apr 15, 2016
How I wish mr. President actually said all these!!! I'm afraid by this time tomorrow another source either in the presidency or Party would counter all these or say the represent an individual's opinions...
Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
What you guys dont know is that Fayose"s trip to China is more beneficial to Nigeria than Bubus.

I have it on good authority that he has signed a multi trillion yuan deal with six hundred and sixty six Chinese companies for the processing and exportation of Cattle Hides and skins (ponmo) to Chinese companies.

To achieve this, six mega factories will be set up in Ekiti.These factories will also employ about six hundred and sixty six thousand workers.

Godbless Fayose
Godbless Ekiti
Godbless Nigeria

-Sir Pusi Pinokio Drila Esq

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by StOla: 9:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
madenigga:

If he doesn't want to preside over our region, he shud leave is to use our resources to preside over ourselves.

He is presiding over your region in the manner you wish for.

You want failure, you will get what you desire.

When you hear he's travelling to France, hurry up to be the first critic on the irrelevance of the trip. Then when he returns with the goodies, be the first to lament that you were not carried along.

Now you know the definition of an aimless wailer.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency by Kennitrust(m): 9:57pm On Apr 15, 2016
We live on expectation. Gej leave us on expectations. Now, another one is here with antiquity expectation. I wish, this one will come with the promised Change.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo / 2019: Eze Madumere & Uche Nwosu's Supporters Clash In Mbaitoli LGA, Many Wounded / Ademola Adeleke Visits Oyinlola, Former Osun Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.