Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,965 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Senates Proposed Amendment Of CCT Act - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Senates Proposed Amendment Of CCT Act (882 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Ugandan Minister's Speech / Ezekwesili Reacts To The Release Of 80 Chibok Girls / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To IDP Camp Bombing Mistake (PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Senates Proposed Amendment Of CCT Act by vanessaRN(f): 7:04pm On Apr 15, 2016
Former Minister of Education, Oby Ezekwesili, has reacted to the senate's proposed amendment of the Code of Conduct Tribunal act. The senate yesterday passed the 2nd reading of the CCT amendment bill which according to them, will remove the Tribunal from the office of the Presidency and make it more independent.

source
http://www.reportnaija.com/2016/04/oby-ezekwesili-reacts-to-senates.html

cc lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Senates Proposed Amendment Of CCT Act by vanessaRN(f): 7:05pm On Apr 15, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Senates Proposed Amendment Of CCT Act by divinehand2003(m): 7:19pm On Apr 15, 2016
Thank goodness Nigerians have started reacting. We shouldn't stop there. Let's go and occupy NASS and force them to pass more pressing bills such as
-Petroleum industry bill PIB
-Whistle blower act
-Gender equality bill
-24 hours power supply bill
-Youth empowerment bill
-Geriatric care bill
-Free portable water for all Nigerians bill, etc.

How does rushing to amend CCT help Nigerians?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Senates Proposed Amendment Of CCT Act by Ratello: 7:24pm On Apr 15, 2016
When you have a bloody criminal like Saraki who singlehandedly brought Societe Generale Bank and Intercontinental Bank to their knees as your Senate President then such move is expected. Buhari's mantra of "I belong to everybody, I belong to nobody" brought this unfortunate omo eran on us.....what a shame on Buhari.

5 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Senates Proposed Amendment Of CCT Act by seunmsg(m): 7:27pm On Apr 15, 2016
Most of our lawmakers are corrupt crooks who can do anything to get away with their criminality. They want to legalise the saying that stealing is not corruption. Nigerians must stand up and prevent these group of lawmakers from bastardising our laws just to get Saraki off the hook.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Senates Proposed Amendment Of CCT Act by modath(f): 7:38pm On Apr 15, 2016
Ratello:
When you have a bloody criminal like Saraki who singlehandedly brought Societe Generale Bank and Intercontinental Bank to their knees as your Senate President then such move is expected. Buhari's mantra of "I belong to everybody, I belong to nobody" brought this unfortunate omo eran on us.....what a shame on Buhari.

You forgot Trade bank!

I also agree with you, Bubu in trying to avoid dictator tag allowed this disaster!! Now he gast to do what he gast to do! No two ways about it!

America breached intn'l

One thing I know for sure is that the amendment won't stand, the 2/3 he's banking on that are wheedling things out of him will be poof like smoke when push comes to shove...

240 from reps & 73 senators? Goodluck with that!! (pun intended)

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Senates Proposed Amendment Of CCT Act by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 15, 2016
modath:

You forgot Trade bank!

I also agree with you, Bubu in trying to avoid dictator tag allowed this disaster!! Now he gast to do what he gast to do! No two ways about it!

America breached intn'l

One thing I know for sure is that the amendment won't stand, the 2/3 he's banking on that are wheedling things out of him will be poof like smoke when push comes to shove...

Bill that is already in the 3rd reading. 2/3 had agree already
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Senates Proposed Amendment Of CCT Act by sammyj: 7:49pm On Apr 15, 2016
Spot on ma. This will be the beginning of the end for this set of people. God bless Nigeria! !! angry
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Senates Proposed Amendment Of CCT Act by Ratello: 8:08pm On Apr 15, 2016
modath:

You forgot Trade bank!

America breached intn'l

The time to act is now....I want that Sarakthief dude kicked out this month or else Buhari go hear am because he is doing badly at the moment and this is what the SINators are capitalising on to bring the executive to their knees.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Senates Proposed Amendment Of CCT Act by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 15, 2016
current senate is a disgrace

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Is Not Supporting Fulani Herdsmen, Because He Is Fulani / Lagos: ‘we’re Targeting N50b Monthly IGR’ / Pdp Chairmanship: Why I Did Not Support Bode George by fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.