Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic (74996 Views)

Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne / Ooni Ogunwusi Celebrates 1 Year On Throne. Obasanjo, Soyinka, Igbinedion Attend / Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Nobody: 5:23am On Apr 17, 2016
samsam2019:
you're really eager to see your mother weep over you?
Oloshi, I don waake up ohh, ur mouth will surely claim ur life. Asinwin is ur mother maiden name. Oponun
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by doskie(m): 5:38am On Apr 17, 2016
Fedayeen:
Lol.

Does the suit or Jacket stop himfrom performing his ceremonial duty?
it takes away the originality. it sweeps the yoruba culture and replaces it with foreign style. its unacceptable.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by toyinid78: 5:43am On Apr 17, 2016
buharisbae:
korubaa and their mumurity grin
who is d mumu here u or d king? Cos ur making d owner of dis site who is a yoruba man very rich by just typing n ur geTting poor n d one who owns dis site is yoruba dis shows ur level of mumu,go n check how much dis guy makes so u can create ur mumu site n abuse yoruba der so ur life wud b meaningful
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by znuga: 5:46am On Apr 17, 2016
Kyri:
yo ba furo iyalaaya re

small, small. eleyi ti poju. e sanu e.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by sinceraconcept(m): 6:10am On Apr 17, 2016
But this is absolute stupidity,is he the only one that spent years abroad? Or are there not men that came home from abroad that wear native dresses? What a dumb king this man is,what's so special about abroad that would make you wear suit on the throne? Don't you read books or watch films to know how yoruba kings dress?
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Harfisco(m): 6:12am On Apr 17, 2016
To me there is nothing wrong in this ,infact he looks cute
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by sinceraconcept(m): 6:22am On Apr 17, 2016
Harfisco:
To me there is nothing wrong in this ,infact he looks cute
Because you're not exposed,you must be from a village,when did you see Sheikh Muhammed Makhtoum,the ruler of Dubai sitting on his throne rocking suit inside his palace? Even Hamdan(Fazza) his crown prince that's a young man in his early 30's doesn't rock suit in palace,when did you see Queen Elizabeth in her palace rocking Iro and Buba? Even before Nas ever stepped into Nigeria,he made an abum cover of himself wearing Agbada and and putting on crown portraying himself to be an African king,so who is this one to put on suit on throne

1 Like

Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Nobody: 6:38am On Apr 17, 2016
Fedayeen:
Lol.

It does. this is culture we are talking about. The king is the custodian of the people's culture, he should lead by example. He should not import English culture into African culture.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by abioyeolaide(m): 6:51am On Apr 17, 2016
A king for that matter!!!!
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by xreal: 6:53am On Apr 17, 2016
If truely it's him Ifa chose, they got no choice; it's left for the chiefs to advice him.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Okies27(m): 6:53am On Apr 17, 2016
sixtuschimere:

Pictured above is King Rasheed Adewale Akanbi the Oluwo of Iwo, Osun State. He is being heavily criticized for not upholding his culture because he wore a suit on his throne. Before becoming the king last year, he had spent about 20 years abroad and even his wife is a foreigner…. his people are calling for his immediate removal b4 queen starts rocking bikini for palace.Na the bikini go even make his subject protest for him palace.lol

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/04/yoruba-king-who-spent-many-years-abroad.html
. I don't understand Nigeria where a heir to a thrown is sent abroad. He should remain in the land to learn the culture. If they scared he will die if he sees the father,then he should remain somewhere in the land. Prince Charles stays in the palace with the Queen but we send ours away. Rubbish
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by thawgy(m): 7:23am On Apr 17, 2016
enieme:
No big deal. But he should have known better to respect the culture.
don't think there is any where in the Yoruba culture that says anything about the kind of clothes the Oba should wear
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Skybee1(m): 7:58am On Apr 17, 2016
abnsugbe:

taaaaaa make una leave him,na IGWE 2PAC...LOL
lolllllzzz guy u funny o
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Skybee1(m): 7:59am On Apr 17, 2016
Ds king don siko i swear
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by lastpage: 8:00am On Apr 17, 2016
Fedayeen:
Lol.

There is a saying in Yoruba (since we are talking about a Yoruba King and Yoruba Culture) which goes: "Ti o'bafe je Osaka, je Osaka! Ti o'bafe je Osoko, je Osoko..`.. Ko'gbona, Ko'tutu, ija lo'nda sile"!
Translate (literaly): "If want to bear the name Osaka, bear it... if you want to bear you the name Osoko, please bear it..... Its is when you are neither here nor there, that causes trouble".
This "boy" is neither really qualifies as a hip-hop comedian, nor as an Oba! He is "trouble"! grin grin

People who are young and inexperience cannot even be excused, for asking the question you just asked.

Its not about whether he cant perform his duties in that "oyinbo garb" or not.......... It is that he has disqualified himself, from even "TRYING TO UNDERTAKE to perform such traditional duties!
I can understand if he was a stand-Up Comedian.... but for an Oba, Alayeluwa, Kabiyesi igba-keji orisa, who is the CUSTODIAN of the People/Yoruba tradition? What he has done is HERESY!

Just imagine, if a picture of the Queen of England is posted....wearing a Turban or Agbada.... SITTING on the THRONE?! shocked shocked
Just imagine what would happen in England, on that day!

Now, l dont blame this guy, l blame those who have BASTARDIZED the traditional norms and values of Yoruba land otherwise, what manner of Oracle will pick a JJC, who knows nothing about the cultutre and tradition, who is married to a "foreigner" as Olori (as a second wife is permissible..... dont even mention that clown that married a Divorcee) .... over the "real custodians" of our tradition?

The traditional Institution, is just like the marriage institution..... NO LONGER FIT FOR PURPOSE! grin grin
They need to be scrapped ASAP.

Next you will hear now is that " ordianry LGA Chairman" sends Oba to Prison! grin undecided undecided
Anyway, an Oba and a fake Pastor have something in common: Both are living a fake life, they have teeth but cannot bite anything!! shocked shocked

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 17, 2016
lastpage:

There is a saying in Yoruba (since we are talking about a Yoruba King and Yoruba Culture) which goes: "Ti o'bafe je Osaka, je Osaka! Ti o'bafe je Osoko, je Osoko..`.. Ko'gbona, Ko'tutu, ija lo'nda sile"!
Translate (literaly): "If want to bear the name Osaka, bear it... if you want to bear you the name Osoko, please bear it..... Its is when you are neither here nor there, that causes trouble".
This "boy" is neither really qualifies as a hip-hop comedian, nor as an Oba! He is "trouble"! grin grin

People who are young and inexperience cannot even be excused, for asking the question you just asked.

Its not about whether he cant perform his duties in that "oyinbo garb" or not.......... It is that he has disqualified himself, from even "TRYING TO UNDERTAKE to perform such traditional duties!
I can understand if he was a stand-Up Comedian.... but for an Oba, Alayeluwa, Kabiyesi igba-keji orisa, who is the CUSTODIAN of the People/Yoruba tradition? What he has done is HERESY!

Just imagine, if a picture of the Queen of England is posted....wearing a Turban or Agbada.... SITTING on the THRONE?! shocked shocked
Just imagine what would happen in England, on that day!

Now, l dont blame this guy, l blame those who have BASTARDIZED the traditional norms and values of Yoruba land otherwise, what manner of Oracle will pick a JJC, who knows nothing about the cultutre and tradition, who is married to a "foreigner" as Olori (as a second wife is permissible..... dont even mention that clown that married a Divorcee) .... over the "real custodians" of our tradition?

The traditional Institution, is just like the marriage institution..... NO LONGER FIT FOR PURPOSE! grin grin
They need to be scrapped ASAP.

Next you will hear now is that " ordianry LGA Chairman" sends Oba to Prison! grin undecided undecided
Anyway, an Oba and a fake Pastor have something in common: Both are living a fake life, they have teeth but cannot bite anything!! shocked shocked

Lastpage!
blame tinubu for making a political tout an Oba in Lagos
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by hardewalleh(m): 8:23am On Apr 17, 2016
banmee:

But you haven't commented on if what i said are lies na.
As if i have no important things to do.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Tolubory(m): 8:27am On Apr 17, 2016
sixtuschimere:

Pictured above is King Rasheed Adewale Akanbi the Oluwo of Iwo, Osun State. He is being heavily criticized for not upholding his culture because he wore a suit on his throne. Before becoming the king last year, he had spent about 20 years abroad and even his wife is a foreigner…. his people are calling for his immediate removal b4 queen starts rocking bikini for palace.Na the bikini go even make his subject protest for him palace.lol

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/04/yoruba-king-who-spent-many-years-abroad.html
Corruption in high places, How can you spend 20 years Away from home and still become king....
This life can never balance.....
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by samsam2019: 8:28am On Apr 17, 2016
Onyochejohn:
Oloshi, I don waake up ohh, ur mouth will surely claim ur life. Asinwin is ur mother maiden name. Oponun
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You thought I would really want to waste time killing you?

Why would I waste you when your life is a waste already

You being alive is even worse than being dead because you won't amount to anything in life and in death

gringrin grin grin you even went to bed thinking I'm about to strangle you to death gringrin grin grin grin
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Bakare19: 8:52am On Apr 17, 2016
na wa o
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by blackprowler: 9:12am On Apr 17, 2016
See African apes fighting over their inanity. I hope someone from Koma gets educated and comes back to defend Koma uncladedness as their "culture". Down with all monarchs! They're the personification of eternal disunity in Nigeria which is so dumb to be concurrently calling herself a "republic". Maybe it's time they checked up the meaning of the word. All monarchs should be rounded up and shot! All, except the ones who quickly renounce not just their thrones, but the very institutions. It will always be part of our history of how we crawled from the swamp but we must NEVER remain in the swamp because we were once there. The palaces should be museums. Most would have no clue what I'm saying because Africa is in such a distant universe from the modern thought processes
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by jclassiq(m): 9:32am On Apr 17, 2016
funmijoyb:
Who is d great Oba of Benin? or do u mean ogiso of benin that has seized to exist?

Two envious mumus that has no culture..u better remain in ur red mud Edo/Ibo land bf u died of envy in d west.

pls mention ur tribe and disgrace urself

Someone said Edo, u are mentioning Ibo...are u so daft
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by King44(m): 9:37am On Apr 17, 2016
buharisbae:
silly thing
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by tonquendo4u(m): 9:44am On Apr 17, 2016
Ndi obodo a sef
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by King44(m): 9:49am On Apr 17, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
and you compare all these 'whatsapp' obas to the great OBA OF BENIN, its indeed an insult lipsrsealed
which part of the picture, culture and town did u not understand is even better u compared oba of binin to IWO TOWN if it was THE GREAT IFE o my my I would have given u an epic smack down reply, I dnt know why some slowmo like making controversy out of nothing God abeg dash this people the new updated 6g sense cos their brain is at the edge of crashing
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Ugosample(m): 9:56am On Apr 17, 2016
franconian:

We are in this present predicament partly because we are trying to mix 3 different cultures; African, Western and Eastern cultures. Our forefathers were neither Christians nor Muslims. They knew nothing about demoCRAZY. Evidently, they fared better.

Who told you they fared better?
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Ugosample(m): 9:57am On Apr 17, 2016
Fearcom:
Culture and tradition hmm.

The kings/queens of England/Spain/Norway/Denmark clothes are not what they were 30, 50, 70, 100, 200 years ago. If it's to stick to tradition today's oba should continue to use horses/donkeys and not bentleys/jeeps.(They only use horses/carriages for ceremonial occasions now)

Thank you!!!!!
at last someone that has sense
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 17, 2016
Are u minding those useless people
Fedayeen:
Lol.

Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 17, 2016
grin grin
buharisbae:

1 Like

Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by sindan: 11:26am On Apr 17, 2016
buharisbae:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by sindan: 11:39am On Apr 17, 2016
Seun and mods pls can u guys stop all these unecessary bans here nd there is becoming boring. I really felt so bad few days ago for being baned for no reason. ..Just saying
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by lastpage: 12:10pm On Apr 17, 2016
Fedayeen:
blame tinubu for making a political tout an Oba in Lagos

Blame those who wasted Money on your failed education, if you cant differentiate between this Oba in Osun State (Oluwo of Iwo, in Osun state) ........ and the Oba of Lagos!

If na that "Lagoon things" still dey pain you, get over it. undecided

Lastpage!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pre-independence Yoruba Women / King Jaja Of Opobo And Wives In The 1870s [ Location: Rivers State ] / I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.