Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic (75004 Views)

Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne / Ooni Ogunwusi Celebrates 1 Year On Throne. Obasanjo, Soyinka, Igbinedion Attend / Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by tico1212(m): 12:17pm On Apr 17, 2016
I no blame am na... since ifa don refuse to dey sleep for mud house, ifa self don the go yankee dey sleep inside A/C. Wetin you expect? Ifa ti step up mehn
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 17, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yo1u-ypfjg

Dem never see anything yet, this Oba na confirm Aye Guy just take a look at his youtube video forming like Kegite with the Olori in Skimpy outfit grin grin grin grin
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Ayofetee(m): 12:28pm On Apr 17, 2016
Smile... Na swagga king
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by banmee(m): 12:39pm On Apr 17, 2016
hardewalleh:

As if i have no important things to do.

It is "as if I "don't" have important things to do". You are welcome.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by ibisko04: 1:04pm On Apr 17, 2016
Adeoba10:
Na craze dey dia head, ati oloye, ati afobaje.... person don stay for gand for 20years, u come xpect am to dey wear agbada... u neva see anything... He will soon go club go rock strippers, with igbo smoke coming out from his ear and nose

He was born and bread as a Prince of Iwo land. This implies that he must have been well grounded in his native culture heritage.
Even, if he has spent a century abroad, now that he is on the throne of his native land he must portray his people heritage.

1 Like

Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by kumulus(m): 1:24pm On Apr 17, 2016
sugni:
Exactly!! one of his responsibility is preserving and uplifting our culture n tradition which is seriously going into extinction....Change to what? everything the white man does, soo what is the essence of the diversity Eledumare created?

Preserving you say.... I want to believe y'all know our fore fathers didn't wear cloths made from wool and cotton at some point in time, didn't use iPhone like we do now, who gave a hoot about super cars then sef. If he had worn one ankara suit I'm sure people go still talk, free the matter abeg, I sure say him no force anybody come carry am chop kingship, small tin now dem go marry small olori give am wey go dey cause katakata for them sweet relationship of many years ....I think we rather should preserve that older culture by covering our unclothedness with leaves as they did....and I also want to believe you're aren't pagan either....

.......My people perish cause they lack wisdom....
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by MrGerald(m): 1:33pm On Apr 17, 2016
funmijoyb:
Who is d great Oba of Benin? or do u mean ogiso of benin that has seized to exist?

Two envious mumus that has no culture..u better remain in ur red mud Edo/Ibo land bf u died of envy in d west.

pls mention ur tribe and disgrace urself
I'm s,sure you've not been to Igbo land before, you can't compare it with your villages in the west, hardly see mud house in the East
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Sijo01(f): 1:49pm On Apr 17, 2016
GenOrumov:

You are very funny!!!

Even though he may be born into a royal family, how will he know he will become a king? Does any human being know tomorrow? You as well, do you know if you will become the president in future (like Jonathan)?

Presidency is different from royalty. If it's an inherited title like the obaship in Benin Kingdom, the day you're born is the day you will know you will inherit the throne of your forefathers. That's if you're the first son though.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 17, 2016
samsam2019:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You thought I would really want to waste time killing you?

Why would I waste you when your life is a waste already

You being alive is even worse than being dead because you won't amount to anything in life and in death

gringrin grin grin you even went to bed thinking I'm about to strangle you to death gringrin grin grin grin
pea brain! E pain am. E dey pain u oh gaga.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by funmijoyb(f): 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2016
MrGerald:
I'm s,sure you've not been to Igbo land before, you can't compare it with your villages in the west, hardly see mud house in the East
ibadan alone is bigger than three states in ur region ...do u want to compare d size of yorubaland with ur igbo land? yoruba lands is bigger 20times than urs yet u get more allocations than them cuz of crude oil.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by GenOrumov: 4:40pm On Apr 17, 2016
Sijo01:

Presidency is different from royalty. If it's an inherited title like the obaship in Benin Kingdom, the day you're born is the day you will know you will inherit the throne of your forefathers. That's if you're the first son though.
You only gave one example - Obaship of Benin but this is not about Benin Kingdom neither Olubadan of Ibadan where we know who is next in line at all times.

This particular throne we are discussing is like many others in Yorubaland which is not inherited directly from their fathers but where we have many families with many princes and princesses that have to SLUG it out amongst themselves. Therefore in this scenario, how do you know if you are going to be selected to be King amongst say 20 eligible persons (that is even if the person doesn't die before the throne becomes vacant)?
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Sijo01(f): 5:03pm On Apr 17, 2016
GenOrumov:

You only gave one example - Obaship of Benin but this is not about Benin Kingdom neither Olubadan of Ibadan where we know who is next in line at all times.

This particular throne we are discussing is like many others in Yorubaland which is not inherited directly from their fathers but where we have many families with many princes and princesses that have to SLUG it out amongst themselves. Therefore in this scenario, how do you know if you are going to be selected to be King amongst say 20 eligible persons (that is even if the person doesn't die before the throne becomes vacant)?

Sijo01:
Swaggalicious king.
Married a foreigner? Why will an heir apparent do such? Is a king suppose to marry a foreigner or was he not aware he was born a king or was he elected like the oni

Please read my first post again especially the bold.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by GenOrumov: 5:42pm On Apr 17, 2016
Sijo01:

Sijo01:
Swaggalicious king.
Married a foreigner? Why will an heir apparent do such? Is a king suppose to marry a foreigner or was he not aware he was born a king or was he elected like the oni

Please read my first post again especially the bold.
To correct you - Ooni wasn't elected but selected.

Oniwo of Iwo was not born a king (but a prince) because his father was never the king at anytime. He was selected from amongst many eligible princes just like the Ooni.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by MrGerald(m): 5:55pm On Apr 17, 2016
funmijoyb:

ibadan alone is bigger than three states in ur region ...do u want to compare d size of yorubaland with ur igbo land? yoruba lands is bigger 20times than urs yet u get more allocations than them cuz of crude oil.
which Ibadan? old rusty and dilapidated city, as capital of old western region, can you compare it with the modest city of Enugu? travel out for once bro, even there's no city in the west which is not a state capital that can stand the economic, financial and commercial power of Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi, this cities are not States capital.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by MrGerald(m): 6:00pm On Apr 17, 2016
funmijoyb:

funmijoyb:

which Ibadan? old rusty and dilapidated city, as capital of old western region, can you compare it with the modest city of Enugu? travel out for once bro, even there's no city in the west which is not a state capital that can stand the economic, financial and commercial power of Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi, this cities are not States capital.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by santafe(m): 5:20am On Apr 18, 2016
People are condemning thé King waving and brandishing thé club of culture. All thé hypocrites will wear suit To work. Wé dont practice what wé preach. À culture that has failed us. What is thé use Of thé divisive culture?.
Wé are still à 4th world country with All thé Sacred culture, still verry corrupt. No working institution. Exacly, Of what use is thé culture wé are talking a about.
Oh wait, our Sacred culture is very useful when wé want To extort during weddings or burials Right.
À culture that has created hatred and tribalism. An hypocrytical and primitive culture, little wonder thé entire black race is backward and régressive.
Sacred culture my foot
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 20, 2016
SmartMugu:

What culture? Who created the culture? Tell me if it's not the same people that already positioned their generations to reap from whatever they created and wanted to be praised while they were alive like they're different from all of us living today.
Who be mumu? Nobody holy pass my brother.
I don't even understand you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 20, 2016
thawgy:
don't think there is any where in the Yoruba culture that says anything about the kind of clothes the Oba should wear
same way there's no rule stating that the queen of England shouldn't dress in iro and buba on her coronation day fa!
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 20, 2016
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 20, 2016
MrGerald:
The same way u esterners keep travelling out of ur hometown to seek greener pasutures in the same sw ur belittling.?
Tell me how many Yorubas u find in enugu and I'll count for u how many igbos are in ibadan not to talk of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by MrGerald(m): 12:37pm On Apr 20, 2016
enieme:

The same way u esterners keep travelling out of ur hometown to seek greener pasutures in the same sw ur belittling.?
Tell me how many Yorubas u find in enugu and I'll count for u how many igbos are in ibadan not to talk of Lagos.
there are so many of yorubas in Eastern cities and rural areas but they're mostly agbo sellers, tailors, yoruba food sellers and bricklayers as this opportunity is very immense considering ever growing number of mansions in the rural areas
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 20, 2016
MrGerald:
there are so many of yorubas in Eastern cities and rural areas but they're mostly agbo sellers, tailors, yoruba food sellers and bricklayers as this opportunity is very immense considering ever growing number of mansions in the rural areas
Ur only consoling urself.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by MrGerald(m): 2:14pm On Apr 20, 2016
enieme:
Ur only consoling urself.
How? I meant no harm, only disproving ur lies
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Olu317(m): 7:14am On Dec 09, 2016
Sijo01:
Swaggalicious king.
Married a foreigner? Why will an heir apparent do such? Is a kind suppose to marry a foreigner or was he not aware he was born a king or was he elected like the oni
...a child like you who knows nothing about history will have his fingers got burnt. Some people from the East with no history and stupidity are 5 and 6
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Sijo01(f): 11:38am On Dec 09, 2016
Olu317:
...a child like you who knows nothing about history will have his fingers got burnt. Some people from the East with no history and stupidity are 5 and 6

Are you too ignorant to notice the various question mark in my post By the way, must everybody come from the East? Dull brain like you is one of the reason your region is being referred to as brown roof republic.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by ladiguy(m): 1:04pm On Dec 09, 2016
buharisbae:
korubaa and their mumurity grin

And soon one of your Kings will do same and you will realise .We lead and you follow
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Olu317(m): 8:16pm On Dec 09, 2016
Sijo01:
Are you too ignorant to notice the various question mark in my post By the way, must everybody come from the East? Dull brain like you is one of the reason your region is being referred to as brown roof republic.
i can't stop laughing at your inconsequential write up .It fascinates me when people like you tend to waste your time, Just because you want to belong to the class of weird writers. Little do you know that there are three types of writers; those ones whose gift are inborn ,those who learnt the skill from the masters and those who seek to be known but are damned daft in nature. The ball is in your court to choose where you dim fit. Having said, writing is sweetening to me as if am sleeping, do you get it the drift? And my depth of understanding is unequal to yours because your write up is too boring to read. Your identity is easy to know because you easily cast yourself. This is the reason I can identify you without stressing myself . The boy from the East ,own up and be proud as I am a proud Yoruba blood . COME AND LEARN FROM Me,THE DEPTH OF INTRICACIES OF YORUBA's UNEQUAL SAGACITY. Are you not from the East?,you are always a give away. Honestly, you don't need to be ashamed of your tribe, so, it is the best for you to own up to the truth. Be bold and not a cowardice. And if you are not from the East, still be proud to write out your tribe. And let me hit you HARD.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Olu317(m): 8:34pm On Dec 09, 2016
Sijo01:

Lastly, you are suppose to be in tutorial class of history because your nihilism on Yoruba history is grossly bankrupt for you to delve into matter that neither affects you nor your generation, what concerns you with Yoruba history or Yoruba “Obas"? Blatant nitwit like you.“ Red card for you "don't delve into what you absolutely have “little" knowledge on but delve into matters you have deeper knowledge on so that you won't blame your stupidity on your abysmal kindergarten historical sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pre-independence Yoruba Women / King Jaja Of Opobo And Wives In The 1870s [ Location: Rivers State ] / Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.