Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,373 members, 7,958,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:44 AM

Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? (9723 Views)

Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Church That Uses Calabash With Red Pieces To Collect Offering In Nigeria (Video) / “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by tenderlaw(m): 12:11pm On Apr 17, 2016
One guy shoved a flyer through my car window. I slowed down took d flyer and threw it out. That is pure invasion of my private space in d name of flyers. He was looking at me somehow, but me I no send. If Na bomb nko? If we should attend all d programs out there, then how do we do productive work?

2 Likes

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by pressplay411(m): 12:31pm On Apr 17, 2016
KingOfAmebo:
I was caught up in a heated argument about Church flyers, so I believe bringing it on Nairaland will help shed some light on this topic.

How does this make sense? Gerrarahere. The only sin is letting religion turn u to a dunce that can't make a rational decision without guilt.
Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by Silumi(f): 12:36pm On Apr 17, 2016
Dekatron:
I actually collect it, but throw it away right in their presence

Christians are hypocrites. They cannot collect flyers from at a Muslim (NEVER!!) but wants Muslims to collect. . . Egocentric, Egoistical, two-mouthed people

Lol very tru d will never colect it at all
Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by tobiolajutemo: 12:48pm On Apr 17, 2016
okeke00:
When I was a christian. I have that fear in me that if I offend anything related to Jesus or God. that my own is finished. but now that I have seen thr truth. I messed up with pastors when ever they wants to threaten me with punishment and hell fire

oh, I pray God wil reconcile u bak to himself....pls go bak to Jesus, he is d only way
Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 12:52pm On Apr 17, 2016
Its not a sin to reject flyers.
The most annoying thing is seeing fellow Christians coming up to you and asking u to come to thier church on sunday that there's going to be a life changing programm. And they go ahead to tell you that u should come and experience the God of their church.
I asked one sometime ago if Christians had different God(s)? Why should u tell me to come and experience the God of ur church as if the Church and go to has her own God. I told him right there that I will not come and there's no need trying to win me over.
Why can't they preach to non-christians and win them over to christianity instead of try to will people to their God. Its Called evangelisim not advertisement to win customers.
Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by Fkhalifa(m): 1:21pm On Apr 17, 2016
One annoying thing about Christianity and Christians is that they are so arrogant, shove religion and their false believe down your throat everywhere they are angry

Anyways, I collect them and use to carry pot from fire or use it as a rough sheet for calculations in school cheesy

1 Like

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by Goldicz(m): 1:50pm On Apr 17, 2016
KingOfAmebo:
I was caught up in a heated argument about Church flyers, so I believe bringing it on Nairaland will help shed some light on this topic.

A friend narrated a story of how a 'sister' who was sharing flyers looked at him with disdain as if he has committed a terrible crime for not accepting a flyer from her. Is it a sin if you refuse a Church flyer from someone? How about collecting it, move a few meters look back if the sister is long gone and trash it without even looking at it? (most people are guilty of this, including me.)

I don't collect fryers from anyone and my reasons are:
1. Am so committed to my church that I can't spare a Sunday or any day to attend that program.
2. In my church when we go out for outreach, we look for people that haven't known God to ministry and invite for a program and if they turn us down, we see it as an opportunity to meet someone else.
3. This one is so important. Church programme are likely to be for people that doesn't know God for them to be invited and come and here the word of God. When someone want to give me the fryer, I don't accept it Becos I already know God and God knows that fryer belong to a soul. What if I collect it and I didn't go, it might be for a soul God wanted to bless in that program and the one I collected suppose to be for that person God wanted to bless. That means am selfish. Every fryer have been prayed for.
Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by gretblue: 2:03pm On Apr 17, 2016
tobiolajutemo:

oh, I pray God wil reconcile u bak to himself....pls go bak to Jesus, he is d only way
The only salvation comes from God.
Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by ABAMOWA: 2:15pm On Apr 17, 2016
Dekatron:
I actually collect it, but throw it away right in their presence

Christians are hypocrites. They cannot collect flyers from a Muslim (NEVER!!) but wants Muslims to collect. . . Egocentric, Egoistical, two-mouthed people

Oga, you lied about this one, Christians are more tolerant than Muslims. How many Muslims greet Christians during their festivals? But Christians do. When Muslims say prayers, Christians say amen, but because Christians end their prayers with the name of Jesus Muslims don't say amen. Christians fight for Muslims especially when is human rights issue,but Muslims keep quite once Christians are the victims. Look at what Fulanis are doing, let's assume Muslims are th victims now, Christians would have cried out for them. Pls, be truthful.

1 Like

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by ABAMOWA: 2:21pm On Apr 17, 2016
Donariok:
h
ABAMOWA:

Oga, you lied about this one, Christians are more tolerant than Muslims. How many Muslims greet Christians during their festivals? But Christians do. When Muslims say prayers, Christians say amen, but because Christians end their prayers with the name of Jesus Muslims don't say amen. Christians fight for Muslims especially when is human rights issue,but Muslims keep quite once Christians are the victims. Look at what Fulanis are doing, let's assume Muslims are th victims now, Christians would have cried out for them. Pls, be truthful.
ABAMOWA:

ABAMOWA:

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by UyiIredia(m): 2:34pm On Apr 17, 2016
It's not a sin to refuse to collect church flyers.
Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by okeke00(m): 2:34pm On Apr 17, 2016
tobiolajutemo:

udo
Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by babybrace(f): 3:12pm On Apr 17, 2016
TheSlyone2:

See you. Do you know how many times I've rejected track. The truth is, no one ll force you to collect. How are you today dear. I didn't see you in church today.... Why is that?
I came to church, didn't see you too
Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 17, 2016
babybrace:

I came to church, didn't see you too
But it isn't difficult to behold your beauty except if you decided to hid it from me.
How are you you this lovely afternoon
Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by adellam16(f): 3:45pm On Apr 17, 2016
@OP Like seriously
Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by adellam16(f): 3:45pm On Apr 17, 2016
@OP Like seriously
Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by babybrace(f): 3:47pm On Apr 17, 2016
TheSlyone2:

But it isn't difficult to behold your beauty except if you decided to hid it from me.
How are you you this lovely afternoon
Am fine, lets not derail this thread

1 Like

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 17, 2016
babybrace:

Am fine, lets not derail this thread
Ok gotya
I'll be keeping track of you sha
Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by Alani86: 5:25pm On Apr 17, 2016
ronald4lif:
I never collect those stuff coz it's a waste of time since I don't read them and will never attend even if a bulldozer forces me to. But I love to engage them in religious argument.

Once I tell anyone who accost me that I'm not religious and don't believe in magic sky fairies they, in their bid to 'win' souls for Christ starts quoting scriptures and innuendos about how real God and hell is. This is based on bible accounts o, not like they have any substantial facts.

One told me how he left Ghana for Britain empty handed but he's today a British citizen and doing well for himself. I quickly reminded him that securing British citizenship and flaunting it about is not only perfidious but traitorous to his country.

Even though, Britain may be better than Ghana you don't have to gloat about it while betraying your country. Also, told him that his securing of a British citizenship had nothing to do with God as there are unbelievers who also secured same. His countenance changed immediately seeing that I'm not one of the sheeple individual he encounters daily.

What's your point? You only showed us you can blow grammar. That's all!
Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by ronald4lif(m): 6:03pm On Apr 17, 2016
Alani86:

What's your point? You only showed us you can blow grammar. That's all!

I never expected your brains to assimilate what I wrote. Why not move to comments you can grasp? undecided

1 Like

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 17, 2016
Well one thing that I know is wrong is "SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS" we all are in the time of grace..... It's all settled in your heart....

In other to answer your question clearly.... Try putting the reason why you didn't collect it

For example when rahab helped the spies escape and lied that she doesn't know about it,....(not accurately quoted) had she lied?

Can you recall that she was blessed from what seemed like a sin
Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 17, 2016
Fkhalifa:
One annoying thing about Christianity and Christians is that they are so arrogant, shove religion and their false believe down your throat everywhere they are angry

Anyways, I collect them and use to carry pot from fire or use it as a rough sheet for calculations in school cheesy
it's not a false believe,..... Don't hold stereotypes about Christianity....... Can you give an example of one false believe you were told?
Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by Akolawole(m): 8:34pm On Apr 17, 2016
RaDaZaBaNa:
If its not in the Bible, its not a sin.

It is not a sin if u dont collect but if you collect by your own will then throw it away, it is not right and can be classified as a moral wrong but still not a sin.

Better not to collect at all sef

Agreed 100%
Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by aiikay(m): 9:52pm On Apr 17, 2016
In my opinion, those sharing flyers, especially those fake job vacancies, need be charged for environmental pollution!
Just imagine how people litter the environment with such!
Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by ayobase(m): 11:31am On May 03, 2016
winner01:
The downside of the internet. Stup!d people can now reach a larger audience and share their woes.
Of all the educative christian topics on sunday, this could only make front page for one reason; Mockery and contempt for christianity.

Weekdays, we got topics defaming pastors and christianity. Sundays, we got topics mocking God and religion.

The reason/plot why this forum does not have a christian section gets more obvious, and no, not because it is pro-islam.

Good Job though, Giving atheists and anti-theists the freedom to prey on weak and innocent minds who choose to know more about God by visiting the religion section and leading them to destruction.

I only got one message for my brethren in the Lord. "Guard your heart with all diligence, for out of it flows life's issues"

Bless.

Seun is likely to be a core anti-Christ from the observations over the years on his platform.

You go to Islam section to comment, you are confronted with an oath to renounce your faith to be a member with your profile being stamped.

Threads always well moderated, but never on Christian's threads.

I have given up long time ago.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tribes Of Gad, Ephraim And Judah In Yoruba Land / Praying Unclad..........................what Is The Spiritual Significance? / Christian Religious Studies; Questions And Answers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.