Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,318 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects (16307 Views)

Photos Of Wike's Body Soaked With Water While Commissioning Projects Today / Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) / ‘I Inserted 386 Grammes Of Cocaine In My Anus For N1m’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by Ijaya123: 8:30am On Apr 18, 2016
Almajiri1:

But when ameachi was bribing and buying delegates in his presence with Ghana must go bags of dollars while Buhari applauds and smiling sheepishly. Why are you people like this Atleast, fear Allah!

Please provide proof.
Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by defash8: 8:31am On Apr 18, 2016
Shame to both APC & PDP, from Buhari, NASS to the last person.
Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by eph12(m): 8:32am On Apr 18, 2016
Burger01:
Jonathan bastardized that practice...and Buhari will put a stop to that nonsense. sad
OBJ/Atiku did what?
Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by eph12(m): 8:35am On Apr 18, 2016
Ijaya123:

Please provide proof.
Is there proof of Jonathan bribing the Senate with money?
Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by I888(m): 8:35am On Apr 18, 2016
ziccoit:
The joke is on us not those SINators. Imagine a nationwide protest has not been staged against these crazy people. We only come online to rant. The joke is on us. We neither know nor believe in what we want.
same thing I told a friend on facebook. Let me see a protest and see if I won't join in it. All the top leaders are silent to what is happening.
Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by okeyglm: 8:36am On Apr 18, 2016
what baffles me is 2b for south and 4b for north southern senators where una dey?
Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by Almajiri1: 8:37am On Apr 18, 2016
Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by yaki84: 8:47am On Apr 18, 2016
naijagobetter:
Nine days for the thief and one for the owner, they should be used to set example, they thought we are still in transformation admin. cos thats how they have been looting this country from time past. New sherrif in town. Bubu is working i hope somebody is learning how things are done?

bobo nothing like new sheriff in town, someone amongst the legislooters leaked the paddings to the presidency n he acted upon the info. without that, bubu for no sabi anything.
had it been apc installed their candidates in the NASS, na so e for continue n nigerians would hv thought things have changed not knowng na the same e remain.
pdp guys wanted a clear n good change but apc thinking it is their time to also benefit cos they r in power not minding the scarce resources try to do things their own way.
dont forget a member in the appropriation committee put this up to the public, he could be pdp cos he was shortchanged cos if u hear what he said that out of 7.3billion padded into d budget, the south has less allocated project in the tune of 2billion while north has 4billion.
so the enemy of the nigeria continues to be from the NORTH!
Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by enm(m): 8:50am On Apr 18, 2016
Burger01:
Jonathan bastardized that practice...and Buhari will put a stop to that nonsense. sad

Guy small small now,
How did jonathan bastardized the picture?
Obj and atiku are the ones you should hold responsible not jonathan. Abeg make una free the otuoke man, he tried his best considering the way things were in nigeria in his time.

Ask yourself this question, why did Nas fight him throughout his regime, why was the pib not pass? Do you think it was for the people or for their pocket?

During obj and atiku regime, the Nas enacted the law to be in charge of their account, they instituted what we know as constituency project and whenever they need money they will initiate impeachment process against obj or the senate leader or the speaker of house.

We are all shouting jonathan because his government was open for all to see. Signing freedom of information bill and following rule of law was his undoing. But if you think he is the most corrupt wait first and ask other past regime to open their regime for scrutiny

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by yaki84: 8:50am On Apr 18, 2016
Keneking:
All the boys in budget office that had worked under Jonathan in the last administration should be retired and sacked. Those group are terrible and pathetic.

zombie, u r being lead astray by apc.

wetin consain budget office, civil servant with what happen in the NASS?
Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by lumeneng22: 8:56am On Apr 18, 2016
Is pmb back from his China trip? Then let him sign the budget sharply sharply.
Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by Amacaco: 9:02am On Apr 18, 2016
Somebody should let this government and their supporters know that the job of the National Assembly is not to rubber stamp the President's budget but to scrutinize it, add or remove whatever they think should be added or removed. That is exactly what they have done. If the President is not satisfied with the budget as passed he should reject it as provided in the constitution. I do not support the idea of harassing, blackmailing and intimidation of the National Assembly by the Presidency,APC, the press and social media. This does not augur well or our democracy. The three arms of Government are independent though interdependent with the constitutional checks and balances. The Presidency,Nigerians and the press should give the legislature and judiciary a breathing space and allow them do their jobs. only then can we progress.

1 Like

Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by Amacaco: 9:03am On Apr 18, 2016
Somebody should let this government and their supporters know that the job of the National Assembly is not to rubber stamp the President's budget but to scrutinize it, add or remove whatever they think should be added or removed. That is exactly what they have done. If the President is not satisfied with the budget as passed he should reject it as provided in the constitution. I do not support the idea of harassing, blackmailing and intimidating of the National Assembly by the Presidency, APC, the press and social media. This does not augur well for our democracy. The three arms of Government are independent though interdependent with the constitutional checks and balances. The Presidency,Nigerians and the press should give the legislature and judiciary a breathing space and allow them do their jobs. Only then can we progress.
Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by alaskido(m): 9:03am On Apr 18, 2016
First quarter of the year gone and no budget. The masses are suffering. I cant believe these people in the House of Assembly.
Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by Ijaya123: 9:03am On Apr 18, 2016
eph12:

Is there proof of Jonathan bribing the Senate with money?

Where did I make that allegation? You're n the wrong lane. Swerve.
Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by yaki84: 9:04am On Apr 18, 2016
Burger01:
Jonathan spoilt the senate with GhanaMustGo gratifications...such shaits aren't for Buhari, hence budget padding, budget infusing, hijacking and damn it..budget blackmailing, now a new invention by the thieving senate to cut corners under Buhari wey no get time for corruption..
See my friend, I will never regret supporting Buhari. I don't know how some people feel seeing their collective wealth being stolen by selected few in the senate.. I mean, this is totally self destructs madness sad

must u villify jonathan every day of ur life? even when he is gone for good?
wetin consain jonathan with 2016 budget?
was he d one that draft d bill for buhari ur god?
were u thr when he shared ghana must go to these guys before passing the budget?
if at all he shared it, r u saying the then minority leaders in the NASS both femi n george were thieves n working only for themselves?

u heard someone leaked the info to the presidency abt the paddings by NASS, that person could be a pdp member in d house who did not support their actions. dont also forget leo ogor support d president not to assent the bill.

dont also forget the north benefit most In the padded budget.

dont also forget both chairman of appropriation committees in NASS r northerners.

dont forget both leaders I mean speaker n president r Northerners.

the day u will stop beating ur chest abt voting for the dullard n increase ur prayer focus for him to succeed, d better for u.

keep beating ur chest while things r getting out of hand.

dont forget even if buhari dont sign d budget it wont affect jonathan n his wife n children, it wont affect pdp, it wont affect pdp governors cos they hv their own budgets, na we d common people e go affect. it wont even afdect buhari cos he know the budget cant stop him from his statutory functions which is Junketting.
Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by Ijaya123: 9:05am On Apr 18, 2016
Almajiri1:

http://www.theheraldng.com/dollarization-apc-primaries-amaehi-vanquished-atiku-saibuhari/

You want more?

Mere allegation without proof. Any stupid idiot can cook that up. And their kinds will lap it up too.
Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by omobaekiti: 9:05am On Apr 18, 2016
Pidggin:
This government is the worst since the amalgamation of this country sad

You are wrong,this has been the practice this government is not allowing it to happen.Get over your hatred please.
Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by jidebond: 9:06am On Apr 18, 2016
This is how Nigerian lawmakers make their money, they don't live on their salaries.
Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by Almajiri1: 9:06am On Apr 18, 2016
Ijaya123:

Mere allegation without proof. Any stupid idiot can cook that up. And their kinds will lap it up too.
You want the secretly recorded video?
Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by Ijaya123: 9:10am On Apr 18, 2016
Amacaco:
Somebody should let this government and their supporters know that the job of the National Assembly is not to rubber stamp the President's budget but to scrutinize it, add or remove whatever they think should be added or removed. That is exactly what they have done. If the President is not satisfied with the budget as passed he should reject it as provided in the constitution. I do not support the idea of harassing, blackmailing and intimidation of the National Assembly by the Presidency,APC, the press and social media. This does not augur well or our democracy. The three arms of Government are independent though interdependent with the constitutional checks and balances. The Presidency,Nigerians and the press should give the legislature and judiciary a breathing space and allow them do their jobs. only then can we progress.

Did you read the story at all? I doubt, because you would not have posted this here. Check out some of the details that you missed...

Also, the sum of N1 billion was allocated to two projects in Kwara south, the senatorial district of the Senate president, Dr Bukola Saraki. They are for the construction of rural roads for the sum of N700 million as well as empowerment of women and youth in agricultural products for another sum of N300 million.

Road construction in Ministry of Agric's budget?

Others include provision of 58 boreholes for 29 unnamed rural communities and an additional 50 for another unknown 50 rural communities in the sum of N175 million and N150.4 million respectively.

So these bogus and fictitious provision should be allowed to stand all in the name of democracy? I beg to differ.
Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by Ojayk(m): 9:13am On Apr 18, 2016
Deen77:

Use your brain, is 2016 budget up to one year. 2015 budget spend on election, every election year budget is zero.

Sir, my brain says that a government that had a manifesto and list of what to do and what not to do as indicated during the campaign period and had been in office for one year have not been able integrate them into a working document called the budget is an issue of concern. Whatsoever that is behind that, should be sorted out soon to get the nation running. It's not giving a too good impression of the government.
Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by Osgilliat(m): 9:13am On Apr 18, 2016
yaki84:

bobo nothing like new sheriff in town, someone amongst the legislooters leaked the paddings to the presidency n he acted upon the info. without that, bubu for no sabi anything.
had it been apc installed their candidates in the NASS, na so e for continue n nigerians would hv thought things have changed not knowng na the same e remain.
pdp guys wanted a clear n good change but apc thinking it is their time to also benefit cos they r in power not minding the scarce resources try to do things their own way.
dont forget a member in the appropriation committee put this up to the public, he could be pdp cos he was shortchanged cos if u hear what he said that out of 7.3billion padded into d budget, the south has less allocated project in the tune of 2billion while north has 4billion.
so the enemy of the nigeria continues to be from the NORTH!

In all these we are saying.. All you have to say is that pdp is the hero? Chai!!
Until we start to think and act against these parties.. We won't get it right in this country. I say to h*ll with apc and pdp I want my country back. Who has the parties epp? Themselves
Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by yaki84: 9:16am On Apr 18, 2016
Osgilliat:

In all these we are saying.. All you have to say is that pdp is the hero? Chai!!
Until we start to think and act against these parties.. We won't get it right in this country. I say to h*ll with apc and pdp I want my country back. Who has the parties epp? Themselves

e no epp u but e epp jonathan, buhari, obasanjo, atiku, fashola, n so many numerous to mention.
if e no epp u, e epp others.
Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by OneManLegion(m): 9:17am On Apr 18, 2016
I888:
same thing I told a friend on facebook. Let me see a protest and see if I won't join in it. All the top leaders are silent to what is happening.

I don dey wonder whether dem don scrap NLC now sef.
Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by superstar1(m): 9:19am On Apr 18, 2016
I think it is better for us to just discard budget for this year and run without one.

This comical charade and the attendant hullabaloo over this year's budget is embarrassing to say the least.

Let the preparation of the budget for 2016 start now.
Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by Sissie(f): 9:21am On Apr 18, 2016
The stuffs that goes on in this country. Na wa oh
Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by teepain: 9:37am On Apr 18, 2016
Pidggin:
This government is the worst since the amalgamation of this country sad

On the contrary, this govt has proven to be the most transparent in my opinion. In the past, we had an idea that the legislators played games with the budgets but there was a lot of opacity in the budgetary process as a result of the parties in power treating public issues as family affair.

In times past, you and I wouldn't have known that they removed Lagos-Calabar rail line to replace it with constituency projects like borehole, townhall construction, keke Napep and others.
Re: 2016BudgetCrisis: Agriculture Ministry Inserts 386 Fresh Projects by SaintRobs: 9:55am On Apr 18, 2016
Almajiri1:

But when ameachi was bribing and buying delegates in his presence with Ghana must go bags of dollars while Buhari applauds and smiling sheepishly. Why are you people like this Atleast, fear Allah!
What do you expect PMB to say when he has no power to stop or hound amaechi? You can only censure him now as the President,if such thing repeats itself...Nigerians are consciously watching.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tony Anenih Rumoured To Be Dead / Tambuwal Seeks America's Help In Governorship Election / Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.