Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Saraki To Receive Fine Option Instead Of Jail Term - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki To Receive Fine Option Instead Of Jail Term (1218 Views)

Court Orders Saraki To Swear-in Okonkwo As Senator For Anambra Central / Atiku Supported Saraki To Be Senate President, Says Dogara / See Why Buhari Took The Indefinite Leave Option Instead Of Resignation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki To Receive Fine Option Instead Of Jail Term by demarc001: 10:28pm On Apr 18, 2016
I observe how many have devoted their time following, wailing, accusing and hating themselves over the senate president Saraki's trial. I wonder what will become of many when at the end of the political game being played by our so-called elites (yes, I see it as mere political game) the whole thing turns out different from the expectation of all.

The presidential camp not wanting to let go just to proove they are fighting curruption, the Saraki camp not wanting to be the sacrificial lamb it now brings need for a common ground.
Since its just a game of power tussle, I don't see it far that in order to bring a truce (no winner, no vanquish), the whole thing will end up with Saraki being found guilty and charge with a fine rather than jail term. Ofcourse in the usual Nigerian way, a ridiculous amount which will cost him no pain (who knows maybe they will still contribute the money for him).

In my country Nigeria anything is obtainable!
Re: Saraki To Receive Fine Option Instead Of Jail Term by psucc(m): 10:32pm On Apr 18, 2016
Una don finish writing the judgement? Why would you first have to break the news before sahara reporters?

Waiting.

Till sahara comes.

1 Like

Re: Saraki To Receive Fine Option Instead Of Jail Term by demarc001: 11:04pm On Apr 18, 2016
psucc:
Una don finish writing the judgement? Why would you first have to break the news before sahara reporters?

Waiting.

Till sahara comes.

Lol
Maybe this one is from desert, not sahara
Re: Saraki To Receive Fine Option Instead Of Jail Term by rusher14: 11:04pm On Apr 18, 2016
demarc001:
I observe how many have devoted their time following, wailing, accusing and hating themselves over the senate president Saraki's trial. I wonder what will become of many when at the end of the political game being played by our so-called elites (yes, I see it as mere political game) the whole thing turns out different from the expectation of all.

The presidential camp not wanting to let go just to proove they are fighting curruption, the Saraki camp not wanting to be the sacrificial lamb it now brings need for a common ground.
Since its just a game of power tussle, I don't see it far that in order to bring a truce (no winner, no vanquish), the whole thing will end up with Saraki being found guilty and charge with a fine rather than jail term. Ofcourse in the usual Nigerian way, a ridiculous amount which will cost him no pain (who knows maybe they will still contribute the money for him).

In my country Nigeria anything is obtainable!

Read your constitution and stop fabricating feelings.

1 Like

Re: Saraki To Receive Fine Option Instead Of Jail Term by demarc001: 11:08pm On Apr 18, 2016
rusher14:

Read your constitution and stop fabricating feelings.

If its all about constitution, the case would have been long forgotten because it was birthed by a wrong process.
Re: Saraki To Receive Fine Option Instead Of Jail Term by DaBullIT(m): 11:08pm On Apr 18, 2016
I support waiting first for original reports with sources

2 Likes

Re: Saraki To Receive Fine Option Instead Of Jail Term by rusher14: 11:10pm On Apr 18, 2016
demarc001:

If its all about constitution, the case would have been long forgotten because it was birthed by a wrong process.

I'm sorry but it is impossible to lecture someone who chooses to play truant.
Re: Saraki To Receive Fine Option Instead Of Jail Term by buharisbae(f): 11:11pm On Apr 18, 2016
oh lawd this can't happen
something is not right here
#sarakimustgotojail

1 Like

Re: Saraki To Receive Fine Option Instead Of Jail Term by slimfit1(m): 11:15pm On Apr 18, 2016
$100,000,000 fine is good enough for me or go to jail

1 Like

Re: Saraki To Receive Fine Option Instead Of Jail Term by demarc001: 11:19pm On Apr 18, 2016
rusher14:

I'm sorry but it is impossible to lecture someone who chooses to play truant.

EIYA!

Re: Saraki To Receive Fine Option Instead Of Jail Term by demarc001: 11:20pm On Apr 18, 2016
buharisbae:
oh lawd this can't happen

something is not right here

#sarakimustgotojail
Yes he must.
Re: Saraki To Receive Fine Option Instead Of Jail Term by fistonati(m): 11:51pm On Apr 18, 2016
Saraki must pay APC back in its own coin's

1 Like

Re: Saraki To Receive Fine Option Instead Of Jail Term by cedar3: 12:12am On Apr 19, 2016
Don't trouble urself yet, if he doesn't go to jail, he will go to prison. let him enjoy the ride first.

(1) (Reply)

Oxford University Presentation On "The New Biafrans" / Funny Names Nigerians Call President Buhari's Ministers / Photos: Newly Built World Class Bus Park At Iyana Oworo By Lagos State Gov.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.