Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,226 members, 7,829,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? (2236 Views)

Home Alone With My Step-brother / Home Alone With My Step-brother / Story: Home Alone With My Step Brother….. (episode 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by dearbunmi(f): 8:43am On Apr 19, 2016
Dear Bunmi,

My mother re-married over six years ago and we moved into my step-fathers house. He has three children and Ive always found his eldest child good-looking. He is in the university and I`m at the nursing school. I`m 23 and hes two years older.

About five months ago, we finally agree to having mutual feelings of love and we kissed a lot. We recently took things a step further by making love. I love him so much and he feels the same.

Our parents don`t know what is going on. He says we have nothing to fear as we are not related by blood, that legally, there`s nothing stopping us from getting married. Is he right?

Patricia, by e-mail.

Dear Patricia,

Your step-brother is technically right. What you are both doing isn't illegal because you and him are not actually blood relatives.

If you were close blood relatives, it would definitely be against the law.

Having clarified this, you need to be extremely careful. The fact that you find yourselves under the same roof could be responsible for such a closeness, rather than genuine compatibility between the two of you.

I would take things slowly if I were you. Ethnically, the society frowns at such a union between children who are legally related.

Put bluntly, sleeping with your mothers husbands son sucks! And if things eventually go wrong between you, going back to the brother/sister relationship you had before may be very tricky and uncomfortable.

Bunmi

Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 19, 2016
Yes. He is right because your brain stopped working since 31/12/07
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by mackhunter77: 8:49am On Apr 19, 2016
I think u guys should give it a try.....if the gods from ur village doesn't strike both of u dead d moment u guys have sex, I think it's a good sign that u shud continue
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 19, 2016
Its also good because your parents will be in-laws to themselves
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 19, 2016
Fedayeen:

2 Likes

Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by layla129(f): 8:57am On Apr 19, 2016
This dear Bunmi can give one kind advice undecided...she will support, then use style to oppose again.
The answer is No! don't go ahead with that kind of relationship...getting married is not feasible. You're just decieved by the closeness and sex you're having.

Yours faithfully,
Dear Layla
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by Cholls(m): 8:59am On Apr 19, 2016
my sister who ever gives you the advice to date is definitely insane.............
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by kilode100(f): 9:04am On Apr 19, 2016
How was the sex between them? Just curious tho..
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by Aguiyi13(m): 9:07am On Apr 19, 2016
I dunno if anyone else thinks this is infatuation, it happens. nothing deep just misconception of feelings. Yeah the society will frown at that, THIS IS AFRICAN, and such act is almost same as INCEST ! no one will pay attention to the fact you guys ain't related by blood, but ; the fact that he's your step father's son ! whatever happens BTW you two will end up tearing the family apart. DISSOLVE WHAT EVER FEELING YOU THINK YOU HAVE FOR HIM AND START SEEING HIM AS YOUR ELDER STEPBROTHER. it's either you back out or your mum does. thats the only alternative.
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by DANO1011(m): 9:07am On Apr 19, 2016
Kai..... So much dumb threads on NL this days!
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by Untainted007: 9:15am On Apr 19, 2016
You are dating your step father's son!!!!! So he too can be knacking you the way your step-father is knacking your mother. It definitely means u and ur mum have been enslaved to them. I guess your brain cells are dead because if they are still working, your instinct would have told you you are already sitting on a gun power with fire on your hand. In case you want to marry him, no need for parents' introduction. All you need is to print Invitation card straight
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by Fmartin(m): 9:19am On Apr 19, 2016
In the eyes of love, u guys ar infallible.

Getting married shocked na another weed sense.
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by Hustlerlomo(m): 9:26am On Apr 19, 2016
Hmmmm... Na wah oo
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by Cutezt(m): 9:50am On Apr 19, 2016
its extra right,pls remind me to come for the omugwo of your children..
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by VoteDemiladgold: 11:11am On Apr 19, 2016
layla129:
This dear Bunmi can give one kind advice undecided...she will support, then use style to oppose again.
The answer is No! don't go ahead with that kind of relationship...getting married is not feasible. You're just decieved by the closeness and sex you're having.

Yours faithfully,
Dear Layla
I think she is trying to be fair in her judgments... technically they aren't related by blood so it's so not a sin, buh legally, it's not right... her tone was very ok, I feel aunty bunmi was trying make her understand what to expect should she go further with the relationship.

With that kind of advice, I believe (that's if the lady in question is wise enough) will choose to accept the stigma that comes with it or nullify everything..

It all still boils down to choice tho.. my opinion.
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by VoteDemiladgold: 11:13am On Apr 19, 2016
DANO1011:
Kai..... So much dumb threads on NL this days!
sir please I dnt think this thread is dumb.. a lot of these cases are happening in the society today, even far more worse than this.

I suggest you chip in a sensible comment, it will go a long way in addressing such ills in the society. Thank you
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by VoteDemiladgold: 11:14am On Apr 19, 2016
kilode100:
How was the sex between them? Just curious tho..
she loved him, why won't it not be awesome grin cheesy
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by layla129(f): 11:17am On Apr 19, 2016
VoteDemiladgold:
I think she is trying to be fair in her judgments... technically they aren't related by blood so it's so not a sin, buh legally, it's not right... her tone was very ok, I feel aunty bunmi was trying make her understand what to expect should she go further with the relationship.

With that kind of advice, I believe (that's if the lady in question is wise enough) will choose to accept the stigma that comes with it or nullify everything..

It all still boils down to choice tho.. my opinion.

There's nothing like being fair in this case. A question is been asked...its either yes or no. Alot of headache comes with this kind of relationship forget the fact they are not related by blood.
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by DANO1011(m): 11:33am On Apr 19, 2016
VoteDemiladgold:
sir please I dnt think this thread is dumb.. a lot of these cases are happening in the society today, even far more worse than this.

I suggest you chip in a sensible comment, it will go a long way in addressing such ills in the society. Thank you
I get you!
" but first of all, look at the topic ( My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, IS IT RIGHT?, while in the content she claimed of having an intimate relationship with him already she knows is definitely wrong.
Now she is asking weather it is right, what of I said YES.
Is true such do happens in our society, but people who engaged in such can't make it publicly known. This post was only made to get attention and comment. Thank you.
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by VoteDemiladgold: 11:37am On Apr 19, 2016
DANO1011:
I get you!
" but first of all, look at the topic ( My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, IS IT RIGHT?, while in the content she claimed of having an intimate relationship with him already she knows is definitely wrong.
Now she is asking weather it is right, what of I said YES.
Is true such do happens in our society, but people who engaged in such can't make it publicly known. This post was only made to get attention and comment. Thank you.
I feel she needed answers.... she wanted to know if its societally acceptable. The sex part is morally and religiously wrong, dat is fornication! Dats her own cup of tea
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by DANO1011(m): 11:47am On Apr 19, 2016
VoteDemiladgold:
I feel she needed answers.... she wanted to know if its societally acceptable. The sex part is morally and religiously wrong, dat is fornication! Dats her own cup of tea
she is not just fornicating, she is f*cking the wrong person. PERIOD.
just imagine how her mom will felt if she read this!
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by VoteDemiladgold: 11:55am On Apr 19, 2016
DANO1011:
she is not just fornicating, she is f*cking the wrong person. PERIOD.
just imagine how her mom will felt if she read this!
true that!
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by DANO1011(m): 12:04pm On Apr 19, 2016
VoteDemiladgold:
true that!
And if you could remember....... I once warned you about quoting me, if you quote me again I wont give you my honorable vote.
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by alobright17(m): 12:12pm On Apr 19, 2016
Aguiyi13:
I dunno if anyone else thinks this is infatuation, it happens. nothing deep just misconception of feelings. Yeah the society will frown at that, THIS IS AFRICAN, and such act is almost same as INCEST ! no one will pay attention to the fact you guys ain't related by blood, but ; the fact that he's your step father's son ! whatever happens BTW you two will end up tearing the family apart. DISSOLVE WHAT EVER FEELING YOU THINK YOU HAVE FOR HIM AND START SEEING HIM AS YOUR ELDER STEPBROTHER. it's either you back out or your mum does. thats the only alternative.
I can't say it better Nwanne

1 Like

Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by Aguiyi13(m): 12:23pm On Apr 19, 2016
alobright17:
I can't say it better Nwanne

hehehe, nwambada ino together.
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by rosieluv(f): 12:27pm On Apr 19, 2016
Fedayeen:
lols am tryin to picture dat
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by alobright17(m): 12:29pm On Apr 19, 2016
why not seek for advice before the Bleep started?
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by rosieluv(f): 12:31pm On Apr 19, 2016
no no no,dis is insane. this is gonna tear d family apart,its a taboo in africa. So beta end dat relationship wiv him.
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by DANO1011(m): 12:40pm On Apr 19, 2016
rosieluv:
no no no,dis is insane. this is gonna tear d family apart,its a taboo in africa. So beta end dat relationship wiv him.
are you not contesting for Miss Nairaland?.......... #Justasking
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by rosieluv(f): 12:49pm On Apr 19, 2016
DANO1011:
are you not contesting for Miss Nairaland?.......... #Justasking
no am nt, y? #jxtaskin
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2016
layla129:

Yours faithfully,
Dear Layla
Exactly! She sits on the fence! Something about this kinda unholy alliance: they won't marry each other but will keep humping...and hurting their spouses sad
Wubbish!
Re: My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2016
alobright17:
why not seek for advice before the Bleep started?
You dey mind Onye Uru ala undecided
Wish thunder go massage dem small while at it cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Told You All Before It Happens, Fynestboi Must Contest And Win / If Fynestboi Is Contesting Lalasticlala Should Contest / Why Are Guys Shy Or Afraid To Talk To Pretty Ladies They Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.