Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? (16888 Views)

FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos / Numbers To Call To Verify The Validity Of Your Driving Licence - FRSC / Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by ernecy(m): 10:25pm On Apr 19, 2016
Longest I ever did was 18hrs from Sokoto to PH , about 5 times between 2013-2014, then 2015 I did 14hr.47mins from Enugu-Sokoto twice.

Life of a Salesman, always on the move.
Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by makaveli902: 10:31pm On Apr 19, 2016
twinskenny:
Lagos to omuaran about 8hrs

Omuaran! I think I've heard of that place before, is that not Kwara state?
Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by Odeyinigbin(m): 10:31pm On Apr 19, 2016
Mine na 96 hours Lagos-maiduguri
And DAT was before those stupid,dirty boys boko haram started dia prob. I dey carry dem atyms self and dem no dey do me anything
Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 19, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

Why would I drive for 10hours? Am I working in Chisco motors abi Ekenedilichukwu? Lols

Haha
But those long-haul drivers, here, make cool money. Their median yearly paycheck is around $50,000.

Don't know about Ekenedilichukwu or the Young Shall Grow drivers.
Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by saintruky(m): 10:36pm On Apr 19, 2016
Drove from Warri to Lagos, n back to Warri same day. Ore hold up caught me on d way back n took d long hours of d hold up to rest b4 aluta continua
Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by GBYB: 10:44pm On Apr 19, 2016
miteolu:
I love driving but I can't drive more than 7hours. I have tried on several occasion after 7hours drive I will some be feel discomfort from my legs.

I plan to improve to minimum of 10hours.

Share yours
7 hrs at a stretch? Dt is too much nd even not safe! The standard is 4/10/15 meaning:
you should not drive for more than 10 hrs in a day.
you should not drive for more than 4hrs at a stretch.
You should have atleast 15 minutes rest after every 4hrs of driving.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by agent9(m): 10:44pm On Apr 19, 2016
My Record breaking Non stop driving hours of 201 hours...

Am working on breaking that my record... cool cool
Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by godwinkessi: 10:49pm On Apr 19, 2016
chimaobikanu:
11hrs! Lagos to Arochukwu in Abia state. Tho used cruise control most often ;-)

How does that cruise control work? I heard it causes accidents so I'm always scared to tap the button, I'm kinda curious
Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by ogahomale: 10:59pm On Apr 19, 2016
Jigawa to Benue
Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by ogahomale: 10:59pm On Apr 19, 2016
Jigawa to Benue direct no stopping
Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by kamarov: 11:01pm On Apr 19, 2016
My Driving strength depends on the car I am using, so for longer journey a V8 (8 cylinder) car is ok. And note this if you are going on a high way dont wear tight belt, tight sucks, tight jeans (pencil mouth). Face cap, or tight t shirt so that blood can flow through ur brain well and don't eat b4 u embark on any long journey cos u would be tired in 3 hours time and
Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by inosend: 11:09pm On Apr 19, 2016
Drove all the way from Aramoko-Ekiti to nearby Nairobi, Kenya in just one overnight bout of malaria fever.
Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by Absoj(m): 11:22pm On Apr 19, 2016
Zaria - to - Okitipupa (ondo state). Had a 30 mins rest in Lokoja, proceeded to Akure,rest for 15 mins and straight to Okitipupa...av done same severally.
Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by ogtavia(m): 11:36pm On Apr 19, 2016
chimaobikanu:

Cruise control on a Nigerian road...I bow for you...

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by molaross: 11:46pm On Apr 19, 2016
12 hrs Lagos to Minna.
Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by banmee(m): 11:49pm On Apr 19, 2016
After seeing most of the comments on this thread, i am beginning to have an idea why people die like chickens on roads in Nigeria. I have said this in the past; The fact that you own a POV or have a drivers licence does not mean you can operate it.

1. Before going on long journeys, ensure you've have eight hours of uninterrupted sleep.

2. Never drive more that four hours without at least a rest stop of 45 minutes in between.

3. Never drive long distances with the interior cold. It is better to have AC on heat to prevent you from falling asleep.

4. Never drive long distances without a co driver. This ensures you switch out when and if you start to feel drowsy.

5. Avoid taking medications that might make you drowsy before going on long journeys.

6. Drink lots of water to stay hydrated before and during your journey. This also ensures you take rest stops in order to pee.

You are welcome. cool

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by 18wheeler: 12:05am On Apr 20, 2016
I have driven 13hrs straight. Quaanpan LGA in plateau state to Shinkafi in zamfara. left 7am and arrived 9pm. I do 8-9hrs from Borno to jos at least 1ce every month for the past 3yrs. doesn't feel hard for me anymore.
Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by qtx(m): 12:23am On Apr 20, 2016
about 12hrs, lag to almost obudu ranch resort. close to a whole day o, i didnt know i have stamina like that sha. God is wonderful. hmmmm
Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by Tumtumboy: 1:20am On Apr 20, 2016
chimaobikanu:

Bros u don't sound like a Naija driver, cruise control most often on Naija road? I beg show me your particulars!
Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by Nobody: 1:20am On Apr 20, 2016
Babake69:
Talking of corruption, we all have to collectively fight it or else we be prepared to pay dearly for it. I followed a PMS tanker just yesterday that loaded from the warri refinery and I decided to know it's final destination and how much they will sell the product. They discharged yesterday and refused to sell. But to my greatest surprised this morning while driving past the station, I saw them selling and the meter was reading N190 / liter. I called the manager's attention to my findings and he threatened to deal with me using the army personnel posted to the station. I tried to explained the situation to others buyers but they all blame Buhari for their woes and predicament. Fellow Niaralander how can we be this wicked to ourselves in this country? I saw over 8 truckloads of PMS entering Warri alone today viewing from the vintage position of my office along the NPA express way, yet all except the NNPC sells at N86 whenever they have the product.

jayloms:

Very pathetic! I tell you. The wickedness we display amongst ourselves is out of this world, perhaps, that's why we remain backwards.

We are the cause of our problems. Most of these stations lift products with NNPC tankers but dispense above pump price. The greed is just too much

Gazzuz had a similar experience some weeks ago, though he has modified the thread. There was a picture of an NNPC tanker discharging products at the station that day.

Some even deliver the products at night (1am - 3 am) . Early one morning (~7am, last week) I saw an NNPC tanker stuck in a gutter while trying to offload products at a filling station (so much for hiding to discharge products). This station has never sold fuel at control price. I refused to take a picture because it wouldn't change anything.

PMS can be sold far below N220/L today, but we would not let it happen angry

Sorry for derailing the thread. I couldn't ignore the posts angry
Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by Tumtumboy: 1:23am On Apr 20, 2016
chimaobikanu:
That must be on PS4
Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by Brimstone1: 1:59am On Apr 20, 2016
6 hours and I'm tired
Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by BlackOnassis(m): 2:44am On Apr 20, 2016
My max for now is 5 hours straight but the car seat wasn't too comfy and the car's shocks were not superb. Give me a sound car and i'll go for 7 or more.
Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by BlackOnassis(m): 2:49am On Apr 20, 2016
twinskenny:
Lagos to omuaran about 8hrs

From Lagos to Kwara, that's too much. go slow catch u for road?
Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by jojothaiv(m): 3:07am On Apr 20, 2016
Sadly, I can't drive in hours...
Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by jojothaiv(m): 3:09am On Apr 20, 2016
Category1:
[size=15pt]mine is from anambra to Malaysia. Bruv see journey shocked, like 25hours I still dey road dey kill plenty shark, dey cause accidents every where....just thank God say we reach that risky journey. Tufiakwa! [/size]
Spotted... And you want Buhari to change Nigeria...
Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by jojothaiv(m): 3:09am On Apr 20, 2016
BCISLTD:
angry I'm here to read lies...
I'm even reading lies life and direct!!!
Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by mafioso47(m): 3:10am On Apr 20, 2016
phayvoursky:
I can drive all day as long I have an Igbo highlife music playing.

I will drive till thy Kingdom come.
Osadebe or oliver de Coque would be just fine lol

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by jojothaiv(m): 3:10am On Apr 20, 2016
inosend:
Drove all the way from Aramoko-Ekiti to nearby Nairobi, Kenya in just one overnight bout of malaria fever.
Nairobi Ko... Nairabet ni....
Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by jojothaiv(m): 3:11am On Apr 20, 2016
ogtavia:

Cruise control on a Nigerian road...I bow for you...
Assin Heavyweight liar BA...
Re: What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? by jojothaiv(m): 3:13am On Apr 20, 2016
Tumtumboy:

Bros u don't sound like a Naija driver, cruise control most often on Naija road? I beg show me your particulars!
No mind am jare, people go dey form champion here even those wey no fit control toy cars for 5 minutes go dey show their lying skills...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? / Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! / These Are 9 Of The Worst Scandals In Auto Industry History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.