Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat (16181 Views)

Soldier Helps Woman Give Birth After Fleeing Her Village Over Boko Haram. Photo / Faces Of Salkida, Bolori, Wakil Wanted By Nigerian Army Over Boko Haram Video / Buhari Meets With Samantha Power, US Ambassador (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by ibadanfinest(m): 12:17pm On Apr 20, 2016
The US will not just fold their arms and let China becomes a more important foreign allies to Nigeria. They will sha do sth ni. I don't think boko haram threat is as huge as it was. At least it has been minimized. Attack on soft target has been reduced to the barest minimum.

I think this is more of the US trying to compete with China.

4 Likes

Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by moyakz(m): 12:17pm On Apr 20, 2016
wazobiaN9:

when a bomb explodes inside your as.s i guess

by the way, when last did the boko boys blow anything outside sambisa.. unlike when your hero was in power drinking gulder every morning at aso rock tongue
zombie alert!
Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by dannytoe(m): 12:17pm On Apr 20, 2016
The yank's truly knw what they re doing, why is it nw dat buhari went to china dat US has surddenly being responding to their promises, first they agreed to return $380 loot, nw they re sending power abbassador, there is no doubt the yank's want's to play the game of throne....!

2 Likes

Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by folks4luv(f): 12:17pm On Apr 20, 2016
tell America to go away, we have a chinko help from China to fight boko haram. we are fighting the kung fu way lol.
Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by Shori(m): 12:17pm On Apr 20, 2016
I thought we "technically" had these guys paralysed,or is someone not telling the truth here? The information minister should and must be able to give undiluted and raw facts and not score cheap political points by embroidering these stories. The threat is even "growing" for crying out loud...but I think the activities of Boko Haram has been reduced compared to years past. The media isn't what it's supposed to be...

1 Like

Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by labiola: 12:19pm On Apr 20, 2016
PRYCE:
How can a "Technically defeated" sect be posing a threat let alone a threat that grows??

Boko Haram Still has the capacity to attack a GOC's convoy and we letting our guard down cos one dullard in Aso Rock went "technical"??

Well, Boko Haram are still technically killing people while we technically playing down the Rhetoric!

Lalasticlala

Ode ni. In the last one month how many bomb blast have you experience in the country? Oga wake up and smell the coffee. You easily attack the president as if is a norm to do. How would you feel if someone refer to your father as dullard? Enough of this nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by themilanway(m): 12:21pm On Apr 20, 2016
IPOB disgruntled elements and fools will always rejoice and beat their empty barrel chests at this kind of sensationalized headlines. cheesy grin cheesy

Get it into your thick skulls,boko haram has been defeated,grounded and about to be buried,same way your delusioned Biafra and Dilector kanu have been crushed,dissected and about to be laid to rest.

Hate Buhari from now till you all grow grey hair in the anus,it won't change the fact that Boko haram have been defeated and you will all die hating.
Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by salam1(m): 12:28pm On Apr 20, 2016
[quote author=Godjone post=44872629]grin
Over which Boko haram threat? Is it the one Buhari and Lair Muhafool has already defeated?

They have defeated boko haram, yet boko haram are attacking soldiers in their barracks.

They are defeating boko haram, yet boko haram laid ambush and killed many soldiers.
They are defeating boko haram, yet boko haram sit comfortable in their sambisa base manufacturing diesel and fuel for their attack trucks.
Guy
Nigerian government under Buhari is a joke. Please wake me up when the comedy show is over[/quot u will never c anything gud about dis government, u lyk it or not its far beta Dan ur pay masters govt, if u think am lieing ask dose from Borno
Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by onatisi(m): 12:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
We dont even know who to believe again.
Everyday the nigeriA army keep posting pictures of boko haram dead soldiers and destroyed camps ,now America is saying boko haram is a growing threat. Who should we believe

1 Like

Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by Pavarottii(m): 12:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
Zico5:
Who believes that the man above me needs medical check up? U will never value what u have now until it is lost. We all know how many territories or local government occupies before this new regime and how many have been taken back by the same soldiers. Things will begin to work better the moment we know what we want and how to react when situation arrives without tribalism and hatred.
Which territory was taken b4 May 29th.

1 Like

Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by kabman: 12:30pm On Apr 20, 2016
This people should leave us na,come and fight boko for us,you said no.give us weapons to fight them,you said no.now that we have turned them to hit n run thugs,you are visiting us for what? To get logistics to prop them up.

1 Like

Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by amtaken(f): 12:31pm On Apr 20, 2016
Na wa o.

moyakz:

when there are no more lies to tell,and people to lie to!and that'll only be when all blind-folded zombies become facts-loving wailers!
Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by krak101(m): 12:32pm On Apr 20, 2016
PRYCE:
How can a "Technically defeated" sect be posing a threat let alone a threat that grows??

Boko Haram Still has the capacity to attack a GOC's convoy and we letting our guard down cos one dullard in Aso Rock went "technical"??

Well, Boko Haram are still technically killing people while we technically playing down the Rhetoric!

Lalasticlala
Did you go to the NEBH has been technically defeated not annihilated or exterminated. Don't always conclude based on hear say... You can visit those formerly hot spots then you might understand technically defeated

1 Like

Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by janykute: 12:32pm On Apr 20, 2016
Since Boko haram has been 'technically' defeated let them help us eliminate the Fulani herdsmen.
Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by Goke7: 12:37pm On Apr 20, 2016
The US must just justify the huge budget make yearly to fight terrorism cos I don't know what business a US ambassador to the UN has to do with Nigeria now, can Nigeria's ambassador to UN just wake up to go and see Obama?

Only God know wetin we buy from these oyinbos wey no de finish, make them allow us rest, na wahala

1 Like

Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by PRYCE(m): 12:38pm On Apr 20, 2016
labiola:

Ode ni. In the last one month how many bomb blast have you experience in the country? Oga wake up and smell the coffee. You easily attack the president as if is a norm to do. How would you feel if someone refer to your father as dullard? Enough of this nonsense.
How would you feel if someone refers to your grandfather as "Cluessless, Retardeen, Drunkard, etc"

You reek of hypocrisy boy!

So bomb blast is the only mode boko haram uses to kill huh? You need help...

Shey it was your DULLARD President that said " Boko haram have lost the capacity to organise cordinated attacks and have resorted to hitting soft targets with bombs"?? Or is he taking credit for that too?? Those bomb blasts/ hitting soft targets were also part of the technicality... So can your Dullard president now confidently come out to tell us that boko haram has been COMPLETELY ANNIHILATED cos there has been no bomb blast in the past month??

Zombies sha...

1 Like

Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 20, 2016
Dis guy convoy that knock down a little boy in cameroun, every child shld keep off
Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by PRYCE(m): 12:42pm On Apr 20, 2016
krak101:
Did you go to the NEBH has been technically defeated not annihilated or exterminated. Don't always conclude based on hear say... You can visit those formerly hot spots then you might understand technically defeated
Guy I'm from the North-East! Grew Up in the North-East and attended University at the Heart of Boko Haram's base (Maiduguri)...

I have first hand information man...

That "technically defeated" crap is bullshít!!!
Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by zheroes(m): 12:45pm On Apr 20, 2016
The pain of the defeat in the last presidential election still lives with so many nigerians. Am not in the north east but with what I hear and read its clear the nigerian military is winning... Yes boko haram has been technically defeated!!!!! Does it mean they won't and can't attack? Hell no!!!!!! Even a France and belgium that are peace haven were attacked. Isn't it time we accept defeat and support what is good. Nigeria will be great again.

God bless PMB
God bless Nigeria
Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by krak101(m): 12:45pm On Apr 20, 2016
PRYCE:
Guy I'm from the North-East! Grew Up in the North-East and attended University at the Heart of Boko Haram's base (Maiduguri)...

I have first hand information man...

That "technically defeated" crap is bullshít!!!
it's not true bro. There's been tremendous improvement in the fight against BH sect with this new government. I know first hand
Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by Guyman02: 12:45pm On Apr 20, 2016
Since the Yuan swap agreement with China we know that America will not fold its arms; this evil woman Samantha Power is at the root of the problems in Libya and Syria, Yemen etc she is a warmonger and not needed here.
Will the Nigerian UN Ambassador just like this woman wake up and go to see Obama because black lives matter and Occupy Wall Street protest are being suppressed in America? Buhari should not give her audience and claim to be busy with official engagements.

Dont expose our military to US trainers, GEJ has a reason for cancelling that training agreement with US as they use it as opportunity to gather information on your capabilities and also get access to territories by their special forces to pass to the 'moderate' Boko Haram and there will be resurgence.
America is not known to have defeated terrorism anywhere in the world, rather their presence aggravates it from Afghanistan to Yemen to Libya to Syria to Iraq to Ukraine etc.
The GOC just escaped assassination and we lost a gallant soldier in the process. There was also casualties in the brazen day time attack on our soldiers on Monday. The Yankees are coming for us.

We have warned consistently here that the China agreements portends danger for us with the west and their interference. The propaganda is increasing on CNN, BBC, etc the rhetoric about Boko Haram and Chibok girls is suddenly increasing, they are are now visiting with pledges of 'aid' we have to shine our eyes now or Boko Haram will start bombing major Urban Centers in Nigeria soon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by naijagobetter(m): 12:46pm On Apr 20, 2016
Stephenex:
Wetin dey wan kan do again, BH are not posing any threat again na, but their opinion is welcomed in wiping out those deadly bastards

#Neveragain
there opinion you said? They are coming to learn how our soldiers were able to technically defeat boko boys. Of recent the west are so bitter with us for romancing china, eversince there is attack on our military and a GOC, the army should be careful not to tell them anything oo.. Cos i think they are coming to spy and see how they can help the bokos just as they did in syria.

1 Like

Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by naijagobetter(m): 12:53pm On Apr 20, 2016
tobimillar:
We can't be deceived.. we don't want anything from IMF,US or UK. We'd rather deal with China. .. Samantha powels can now go back. What will she achieve with the visit? Give us arms to fight una say no, now you are visiting us to mock us abi?
they are ashame to come straight, she is coming to learn how our galant soldiers defeated boko haram, then give small support and later claim the victory
Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by tdayof(m): 12:58pm On Apr 20, 2016
No matter how much more people hate US.. I still love their Armed Forces.
I envy US technology rate.

Aim-fly flight and win.

1 Like

Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by SAEJO: 1:12pm On Apr 20, 2016
America is about to come and re-energize boko haram technically becos nigeria is trying to abandon them and cling to China economically, all this inhuman and dirty political gimmicks, poor nigerians are the ones suffering innocently and perpetually
Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by proxillin(m): 1:17pm On Apr 20, 2016
Godjone:
grin
Over which Boko haram threat? Is it the one Buhari and Lair Muhafool has already defeated?

They have defeated boko haram, yet boko haram are attacking soldiers in their barracks.

They are defeating boko haram, yet boko haram laid ambush and killed many soldiers.
They are defeating boko haram, yet boko haram sit comfortable in their sambisa base manufacturing diesel and fuel for their attack trucks.

Nigerian government under Buhari is a joke. Please wake me up when the comedy show is over

Since when have u seen or heard boko- haram taking over territories unllike Jonthan admin?

Hate kills fast
Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by MCzubby247(m): 1:23pm On Apr 20, 2016
PRYCE:

I just hope the people getting killed are technically dying!

Lalasticlala

P.S: The animal below is a known Zombie! He lost his willpower since May 29, 2015.

He cannot help it! The best we can do is pray for him and his ZQ!

You hear zombies saying no local government is controlled by the sect... leaves me to wonder; Local government/territory vs human lives! Or have the killings stopped? The fact that The mainstream media under-report this things doesn't mean the killings have stopped!

Well, a Zombie cannot understand it!

buhari and Nigerian military doesn't care about protecting her citizen (Nigeria government under buhari has no value for human life)
all the care is the land so that investors keep bringing money and they keep looting, not the people that they promised heaven in Nigeria, that's why us is issue such statement
and I believe it ideology is the doom of these century even the greatest country with all its military might find it had talk more of herdsmen who has a record of been a sympather
my analysis is that bokoharam have not been technically defeated ideology fades with time so America should come please and help with technology and training to keep committed

1 Like

Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by Laid2001: 1:52pm On Apr 20, 2016
This guys have taken note of our increased romance with China and needed to be here under whatever pretext to discuss what's available for them!!
Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by tottinova: 2:09pm On Apr 20, 2016
ponleh:

http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/20/obama-sends-envoy-to-nigeria-over-boko-haram-growing-threat/

With her name "power"
I tot she was coming to fight Boko Haram herself.
Maybe she'll just take a pistol, bullet proof and 1 satchet of pure water and enter sambisa.
Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by Darrellhill: 2:42pm On Apr 20, 2016
I hope everyone reads this... Before now every week we hear about killing in 100's by bokoharam... The United State kept quiet.
We hear about bombing every now and then the United state neva showed up... Born is relatively calm, most residents would tell u.
Wen GEJ was going to maduguri it took 4 months to plan his trip, the United stay did not show. Now we can even have a full stadium of pple watching match, it is now they want to come and help Nigeria.
America is only living in past glories and if I had any respect for them before it is all gone..
God bless nigeria
Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by Malawian(m): 2:43pm On Apr 20, 2016
naijagobetter:
there opinion you said? They are coming to learn how our soldiers were able to technically defeat boko boys. Of recent the west are so bitter with us for romancing china, eversince there is attack on our military and a GOC, the army should be careful not to tell them anything oo.. Cos i think they are coming to spy[b][/b] and see how they can help the bokos just as they did in syria.
oga, americans can see your bald head even as you are typing here in nigeria all the way from their screens there in yankey. THEY DONT NEED TO COME HERE TO SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING. There was an old thread here on NL that showed a malfunctioned drone that fell in the deseart somewhere in the north east, THAT DRONE STILL HAD HELLFIRE MISSILES ATTACHED TO IT. NOT ONLY CAN THEY SEE YOU AND ME, THEY CAN FUCKYOUUP RIGHT AWAY BY PUSHING A SOFT BUTTON. undecided undecided
Re: Obama Sends Samantha Power To Nigeria Over Boko Haram Growing Threat by gulfer: 2:44pm On Apr 20, 2016
America already panicky over the China deal struck by GMB.......................It is very obvious this is geared towards making the country unstable again shocked cool angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AGF, Malami ‘shuns’ Senate; Issues Statement / Lagos Guber: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Sanwo-olu / Christmas: Okorocha Provides Free Buses For Imo Indigenes In Lagos & Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.