Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! (123951 Views)

These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB / Peter And Mary Odili's PAMO University Of Medical Sciences, Port Harcourt (Photo / Application Letter Written By A Female Graduate Of Federal Poly Nekede (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by Salamsean: 8:51pm On Sep 30, 2017
arinzos:

You should be specific with respect to the school you want to be admitted into.
like BUK, UNIZK, UDUSOK.
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:30pm On Sep 30, 2017
Please who has an idea how Post Graduate Studies in Radiography works? Thanks.
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by Urchbaby: 10:22pm On Nov 04, 2017
Good day, pls can someone give me info on HCPC for Radiographers in the UK. What you need to do to get a job as a Radiographer there, how much experience you need. Plus is it okay to leave after your Nysc? even after working as an intern and a corper in a busy center.(is two years ok to have such experience?)

Thank you as I await your response(s).
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by Urchbaby: 4:09pm On Nov 06, 2017
Good day, pls can someone give me info on HCPC for Radiographers in the UK. What you need to do to get a job as a Radiographer there, how much experience you need. Plus is it okay to leave after your Nysc? even after working as an intern and a corper in a busy center.(is two years ok to have such experience?)

Thank you as I await your response(s)
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by EbonyCy(f): 9:31am On Nov 07, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Please who has an idea how Post Graduate Studies in Radiography works? Thanks.

have u got an answer to your question? I would love to know too please
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:41am On Nov 07, 2017
EbonyCy:

have u got an answer to your question? I would love to know too please
No. I don't think you'd find the answer here.
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by EbonyCy(f): 9:17pm On Nov 07, 2017
Sapiosexuality:

pls if you do find an answer,let me know anytime...Thans
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by EbonyCy(f): 9:17pm On Nov 07, 2017
Sapiosexuality:

pls if you do find an answer,let me know anytime...Thanks
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:25pm On Nov 07, 2017
EbonyCy:

pls if you do find an answer,let me know anytime...Thans
Okay, I will. Don't forget to share too if you find out. These guys here are too busy to help anyone.
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by Stephaustin(m): 11:44am On Nov 08, 2017

1. This is what am told is obtaining up until 2014: The DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS are as follows:
(1) UNICAL accepts:
b) accepts B.SC in Physical or Biological sciences plus O/Level requirements.
(2) UNIZIK requires A' level credit pass in Physics. Accepts London International Baccalaureate.
(3) UNIMAID accepts DIR/DCR registered with radiographers Board of Nigeria plus O' level requirements.

2. In the U.K. a Master of Science (MSc) in Diagnostic Radiography or Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip) in Diagnostic Radiography are qualifications that will enable you to apply for registration, as a diagnostic radiographer, with the Health and Care Professions Council; this is a requirement for employment within the UK.
However a BSc and same registration, qualifies a person to practice.

3. Salary (From F.G. point of view)
Principal And Chief Radiographer
Possibly possessing a B.Sc in Radiography or DCR/DIR in Radiography and minimum of 8 years experience is about = 2.1 million p.a.

Assistant Chief Radiographer (Medical Imaging Scientist)
May possess BSc. (Medical Radiology) and a registration with Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria (RRBN) as well as nine (9) years working experience (usually with experience in ultra-sonography) = N1.9 Million p.a

Principal Radiographer (Medical Imaging Scientist)
BSc (Medical Radiology or its equivalent) and a registration with Radiographer Registration Board of Nigeria as well as six (6) years working experience and experience in ultra-sonography =1.6 Million p.a.

Radiographer (Imaging Scientist) - B.Sc (Medical Radiology) and registration with Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria Candidates with experience in ultra-sonography = 1.51Million p.a.

Assistant Radiographer (Imaging Scientist) - Diploma in Medical Radiography from a recognized institution with registration with Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria = N500, 000 (I'm not two sure of this, but am a little close)

Thanks a lot for all the educative information shared on this platform.

However, I would like to know the salary scale for doctors and medical lab scientists from the Federal Government's point of view.

Thanks for your anticipated reply.
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by shiffynaani(m): 3:15pm On Jan 25, 2018
skimarvel:

I find it hard to believe that you are not a radiographer or a student studying radiography.
you have said things that only radiographers like me are privy too..Thank you for the nice writeup
hello Sir. I Am Interested In Studying Radiography.Pls Sir, What's Your Take On It. What Are The Job Market Outlook. Thanks. Will Be Expecting Your Opinion Asap,Sir
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by davidif: 5:28am On Jun 11, 2018
Stefanelle:
....... and I've not seen an unemployed Medical Laboratory Scientist too

Wait what?
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by DAVIDMOE(m): 1:45pm On Aug 06, 2018
prinsam30:
one thing I know for sure is that, as far ur a Scientist, it doesn't really matter what kind of scientist, it can be Furniture Scientist, Senatorial Scientist or even Presidential Scientist, Scientist na scientist, u must get work ni anyhow

I'm a Computer Scientist/Engineer, I don't beg for work and my work is based on contract.

because already I have a work which pays me monthly, so my people to be a scientist no be maimai oooo

just try study anything relating to science and Boom u Don blow b that oooo
i would like to ask you this question:.. Can i study computer science without good foundation in mathematics?
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by prinsam30: 2:18pm On Aug 06, 2018
DAVIDMOE:
i would like to ask you this question:.. Can i study computer science without good foundation in mathematics?

why not, u can, computer science deals with simple logic maths, u don't have to know the Almighty Formula or try to find the derivative of Y and X in Further Maths for u to be computer guru....

what I want u to understand is that, the more u get use to computing the more ur brains widening to those computer logics

I'm a living example to that
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by Femiblack05: 3:58pm On Aug 06, 2018
Get your medical radiography and other textbooks today. Check my signature
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by Crackthebrain: 1:08am On May 23, 2019
ojayfrancis:
Pls some one advise me, can i get radiography in usmanu danfodiyo sokoto with 226 jamb

Did you later get admitted ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by Crackthebrain: 1:09am On May 23, 2019
Educative !
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by Jessydera: 1:30pm On Oct 17, 2019
Crackthebrain:
Educative !

Good day all. am a new member of this thread. I initially wanted to study medicine but due to my jamb score I had to change to a course under medical line. By d grace of God,when the school resumes next year, I will be a malabress (university of calabar)and I will be resuming wit dem in the department of radiography and radiological science. so my seniors I would like to really know 1 or 2 things about the course because not everyone like me know about what this profession entails. I would like to know : the years, the main subjects or courses I will encounter and after getting the degree what next.
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by mdan(m): 6:38am On May 30, 2021
Jessydera:

Good day all. am a new member of this thread. I initially wanted to study medicine but due to my jamb score I had to change to a course under medical line. By d grace of God,when the school resumes next year, I will be a malabress (university of calabar)and I will be resuming wit dem in the department of radiography and radiological science. so my seniors I would like to really know 1 or 2 things about the course because not everyone like me know about what this profession entails. I would like to know : the years, the main subjects or courses I will encounter and after getting the degree what next.

Hey Jessy
I'm also a studying radiography but in unizik. Do you mind if we communicate better on another platform
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by Nobody: 4:46am On Aug 03, 2021
No doubt paramedical profession are often serious minded systems and protected by relevant state laws. I have mentioned Nursing and medical laboratory scientists at the onset. There are also physiotherapy and optometry. However, hardly does anyone enjoy the single relevance of radiography.
I have a girlfriend who started as a medical lab scientist at Yaba Tech (OND) and later proceeded to study Nursing at UNIBEN. She probably did not see herself as a professional already. A radiographer is already in demand in his/her third year. Please, I do not want this last paragraph over interpreted. Only to emphasize why radiography is different.
Can a radiographer become a rediologist
Thanks
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by Nobody: 5:15am On Aug 03, 2021
skimarvel:

I find it hard to believe that you are not a radiographer or a student studying radiography.
you have said things that only radiographers like me are privy too..Thank you for the nice writeup
Can a radiographer become a radiologist
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by Nobody: 5:40am On Aug 03, 2021
drnoel:

So you have said it all. A two year programme where the students are offered a diploma. It is same in the UK apart from they thrn have a 3 year programme which can either be teaching or just training. A normal university course is any subject studied for 4 years or more.
Good morning sir can a radiographer become a radiologist
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by horpeyemmi66(m): 8:12am On Aug 03, 2021
Hizzy:

A radiographer cannot become a radiologist (well, unless he returns back to Medical School). To become a radiologist, you have to have a degree in Medicine/Dentistry after which you then go on to specialize in Radiology (or Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology as in the case of Dentistry).
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 03, 2021
horpeyemmi66:

A radiographer cannot become a radiologist. To become a radiologist, you have to have a degree in Medicine/Dentistry after which you then go on to specialize in Radiology (or Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology as in the case of Dentistry).
I want to study Radiography and I was thinking that I could further more to become a rediologist is at any possibility
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by horpeyemmi66(m): 12:50pm On Aug 03, 2021
Hizzy:

I want to study Radiography and I was thinking that I could further more to become a rediologist is at any possibility
There's no way you would become a radiologist by circumventing Medical School, it just doesn't work that way.
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by bennyflipy(m): 2:35pm On Aug 03, 2021
Seriously thinking of doing a second degree in radiography, physiotherapy or nursing.
I have bsc microbiology (second class lower), what are my chances of getting admission in any of this courses
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 03, 2021
horpeyemmi66:

There's no way you would become a radiologist by circumventing Medical School, it just doesn't work that way.
Okay thanks
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by drnoel: 4:44pm On Aug 03, 2021
Hizzy:

Unless the said radiographer intends to go to medical school, finish it and then go for residency in radiology and finish it also. All in all we are talking of 12 years outside youth service if in Nigeria.
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 03, 2021
drnoel:

Unless the said radiographer intends to go to medical school, finish it and then go for residency in radiology and finish it also. All in all we are talking of 12 years outside youth service if in Nigeria.
Thanks sir
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by mdan(m): 11:31pm On Sep 30, 2021
Urchbaby:

Thank you as I await your response(s)

Good day bro.
Were you able to work out your hcpc

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Amazing Facts (photos) / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.