Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,320 members, 7,860,767 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:52 PM

CCT Chairman Demonstrates Erratic Behaviour As #cctvssaraki Trial Enters Day 5 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCT Chairman Demonstrates Erratic Behaviour As #cctvssaraki Trial Enters Day 5 (1053 Views)

Man Installs Windmill To Generate Electricity, Tired Of Nigeria's Erratic Power / Eight Discos Turns Down 1,337MWH From TCN Despite Erratic Supply To Consumers / CCT Chairman Demonstrates Erratic Behaviour As #cctvssaraki Trial Enters Day 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CCT Chairman Demonstrates Erratic Behaviour As #cctvssaraki Trial Enters Day 5 by babanett: 12:26pm On Apr 20, 2016
CCT Chairman Demonstrates Erratic Behaviour as #CCTvsSaraki Trial Enters Day 5

The Chairman of the Code of Conduct Tribunal, (CCT) Danladi Umar has shown signs of erratic behaviour as the trial of Senate President Bukola Saraki over his assets declaration forms from 2003 enters its fifth day.

Umar, who at the beginning of the trial on Monday, stated that the court hearings will be on a daily basis from 10am -6pm has consistently failed to keep to his own words by resuming very late to court.

"Let me state it here for both the prosecution and the defence that the trial of the defendant shall proceed on a day to day basis till the conclusion of this matter and it will begin from 10am to 6pm," Justice Umar held earlier.

Recall that counsel to the defence Kanu Agabi (SAN) had yesterday requested for adjournment till 12pm  today to allow his team go over the evidence. This request was refused by Umar on the grounds that he cannot go back on his words.

"We are not here for one person. We are doing this on the provisions of this act. I have said it and that is final." Umar said.

Umar arrived the court today at exactly 11:39am instead of his scheduled 10:00am. At Tuesday’s proceedings, Umar  also arrived at 1:40pm, when the hearing was set for 12 noon.

The CCT Judge had also scheduled a hearing on the charges levelled against the former Minister for Niger Delta, Godsday Orubebe over alleged false declarations, at the same time as Saraki.

Counsel to Orubebe on Umar's arrival  makes a case that Umar had asked for them to sit today and double scheduled another case for the same day.

Umar stated that he lacks respect, ordered him to sit down and adjourned his case till tomorrow Thursday, 21st April, 2016.
Re: CCT Chairman Demonstrates Erratic Behaviour As #cctvssaraki Trial Enters Day 5 by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 20, 2016
cheesy Process corruption even Umar won't be able to stand the heat of the fire he's making....

I don't support corruption or even Saraki but I also equally detest process corruption in all forms.

1 Like

Re: CCT Chairman Demonstrates Erratic Behaviour As #cctvssaraki Trial Enters Day 5 by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:36pm On Apr 20, 2016
Orubebe should set aside for a while. We are still battling with Oloye
Re: CCT Chairman Demonstrates Erratic Behaviour As #cctvssaraki Trial Enters Day 5 by AntiWailer: 12:40pm On Apr 20, 2016
Crapppp.

Try again later.
Re: CCT Chairman Demonstrates Erratic Behaviour As #cctvssaraki Trial Enters Day 5 by Olayinkaluqmon(m): 1:13pm On Apr 20, 2016
What's going in in this country??
Re: CCT Chairman Demonstrates Erratic Behaviour As #cctvssaraki Trial Enters Day 5 by BiafraBushBoy(m): 1:25pm On Apr 20, 2016
I remember when I booked an appointment with Saraki...

He told me to come by 8 and he made me wait for 4hrs!!

All I could was smile when he finally arrived!!!

Karma is a B*tch... He is being served!!!

Goodluck to him!!

(1) (Reply)

Lies Amaechi And Fashola Did Not Sponsor Buhari’s Election Campaign – APC / Niger Delta Avengers Didn't Blow Any Pipeline In Akwa-ibom- Police / Fellow Nigerians, The President Is Set To Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.