Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,949 members, 7,838,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Bank Teller Loses His Job For Trying To Stop A Robber: - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bank Teller Loses His Job For Trying To Stop A Robber: (5800 Views)

Amaechi Loses His Temper On A LoveFM Presenter Who Exposed His Hipocrisy / Nigerian Police With Big Stomach- Can He Still Do His Job? See Photo / Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Teller Loses His Job For Trying To Stop A Robber: by Opoki(m): 6:57pm On Aug 09, 2009
The thief was unfortunate likewise the teller.The thief knew about the policy,likely to have worked in a bank.Another bone of contension is that if he face a panel,he will be asked that what actually makes him to feel that the man asking for money is a real thief.Obviously a thief will always have a gun or a weapon.So if he's eventually found guilty he might end up in 5yrs - 7yrs in jail without a parole.
Re: Bank Teller Loses His Job For Trying To Stop A Robber: by Agbotoba(m): 7:50pm On Aug 09, 2009
winkThe bank has not done anything wrong.

You can help the police but you cant perform its functions.

A customer suspected to be a robber already in the banking hall is dangerous.

The police should be informed swiftly in this particular matter to do its job.

However in Nigeria, this teller automatically becomes an hero, hence, policies I believe would be set aside.
Re: Bank Teller Loses His Job For Trying To Stop A Robber: by meerkat(m): 11:25pm On Aug 09, 2009
In all fairness, outright sack was a severe punishment for this staff. for him to demand to see a weapon means he had read the robber and was sure he wasn't carrying anything(may be the robber's voice was shaking or something). If the robber had shown him the weapon, the staff would have complied. For Pete's sake, you cant just fold your hands and get robbed by a harmless loafer simply because policy said this or that. Moreover if the staff had calmly filled the bag, that same policy would investigate him and probably found him wanting in one aspect or another. By sacking this guy, they are encouraging other loafers to make a go at their bank.
Re: Bank Teller Loses His Job For Trying To Stop A Robber: by Donvilo(m): 4:55am On Aug 10, 2009
Jim was left with two choices: to obey the LAW or follow his INSTINCT. But this guy decided to follow his instinct instead. I am not saying that what he did was good but maybe who knows, what he had done may have prevent something bad from happening. Even the bank management themselves shouldn't hav gone to that extent of sacking him, rather they should have been more lenient on him. I hope he has learnt from his mistake.
Re: Bank Teller Loses His Job For Trying To Stop A Robber: by frithom: 11:07pm On Aug 10, 2009
As a bank worker myself no one would have applauded her of any heroic star performance, this person should know how to put himself under strict control not for his sake( if he is 100% sure of himself) but for others.
Re: Bank Teller Loses His Job For Trying To Stop A Robber: by AWELEWA02: 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2009
Sacking the guy is not fair enough,cos before the guy did that,he make sure he was not armed.
Re: Bank Teller Loses His Job For Trying To Stop A Robber: by dafidixone(m): 1:45pm On Aug 13, 2009
This is an interesting story. In Nigeria this may not be applicable. The person seem to be intelligent but it was a foolish risk as far as the company is concern. It is more costly for the company to compansate the dead than to bear the lost of money.
Re: Bank Teller Loses His Job For Trying To Stop A Robber: by keletex2000(m): 11:10am On Aug 14, 2009
I'm Just thinking, Did the bank teller do the right at the wrong time or the wrong thing at the right time?
Re: Bank Teller Loses His Job For Trying To Stop A Robber: by Witi(m): 11:22am On Aug 14, 2009
Wetin oyinbo dey carry head dey think smiley smiley smiley
Re: Bank Teller Loses His Job For Trying To Stop A Robber: by bidemi12(m): 7:02pm On Sep 26, 2009
obviously the young chap is in the wrong line of work. Did i hear anybody say SECURITY? grin
Re: Bank Teller Loses His Job For Trying To Stop A Robber: by chinnyonwu(m): 3:49pm On Jan 19, 2011
ill be right back. Lemme check zenith
Re: Bank Teller Loses His Job For Trying To Stop A Robber: by patricholi: 2:46am On May 24, 2011
Hi

This topic help me a lot in developing my project. I will contribute more when I finished it.

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: Bank teller job description

Best regards.
Re: Bank Teller Loses His Job For Trying To Stop A Robber: by Kanana(m): 7:58am On May 24, 2011
Chai oyingbo. Had it been that happened in naija it would have been a case of "next time dont try james bond tactics" and case closed in as much as no money is missing. Did i hear somebody say law of diminishing returns on staff security is @ work?
Re: Bank Teller Loses His Job For Trying To Stop A Robber: by davd: 3:12pm On May 24, 2011
It is a wrong policy. What if a Bank teller begins to arrange with a 'claimed robber' who may likely be his/her friend?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Angry Pained Criminals (A.P.C): Why Are They Angry? (must Read) / Please What Is The Real Mean Of Wailing Wailers. / The Inspiring Rise Of Joshua Iginla +all The Prophesies That Shot Him Into Inter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.