Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? (2098 Views)

PLS Help!!should I Continue With This Girl / Man Grabs Lady's Chest, Reveals To Continue Sleeping With Different Women. Photo / Will You Continue In A Relationship With A Girl After Seeing This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by sokar(m): 1:48am On Apr 22, 2016
I have been dating a girl for 2 years. Everything is great, we love each other, want to get married when we graduate etc etc... However, she has outright expressed that she would not marry me if I wasn’t a Christian (I’m atheist). We have had some tough talks and we both aren’t willing to compromise on the issue. She wants to wait it out and see if God will talk to me or if I will change my outlook. I tell her it is probably not going to happen as I have wrestled with religion growing up and have come to my terms with it. Like I said, everything else is fantastic in our relationship, but I have been feeling like it will all be for naught. We truly believe that we want to marry each other. I try to explain to her that I think it could work with us not believing in the same thing but she does not. What should I do in this situation?

TL;DR Christian girl wants me to be a Christian before marriage, I probably won’t be. We both love each other dearly. Should we continue on?
Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by Parpor(m): 2:18am On Apr 22, 2016
Well,i think you should'nt

4 Likes

Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by Nobody: 2:53am On Apr 22, 2016
You'll end up having insurmountable issues in marriage. Atheist/Christian...Hmm. There won't be an end to the strife. Forsake the union,especially as it's obvious she's trying to have you converted.

3 Likes

Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by nobilis: 2:54am On Apr 22, 2016
Well, she doesn't love you if her reason for marrying you is that you abandon ur beliefs or their absence thereof.

Love transcends all forms of religions, creed, tribal, ethnic and racial divides. True love actually recognises no boundaries whatsoever.

But u can't really blame her because their bible advised them not to be unevenly yoked to unbelievers.

So obviously, you're gonna lose ur girlfriend to her bible. And if that happens, I pray her bible gets to marry her.

When Love is pure and true, nothing else, I repeat, nothing else matters.

2 Likes

Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by Nobody: 3:10am On Apr 22, 2016
sokar:
I have been dating a girl for 2 years. Everything is great, we love each other, want to get married when we graduate etc etc... However, she has outright expressed that she would not marry me if I wasn’t a Christian (I’m atheist). We have had some tough talks and we both aren’t willing to compromise on the issue. She wants to wait it out and see if God will talk to me or if I will change my outlook. I tell her it is probably not going to happen as I have wrestled with religion growing up and have come to my terms with it. Like I said, everything else is fantastic in our relationship, but I have been feeling like it will all be for naught. We truly believe that we want to marry each other. I try to explain to her that I think it could work with us not believing in the same thing but she does not. What should I do in this situation?

TL;DR Christian girl wants me to be a Christian before marriage, I probably won’t be. We both love each other dearly. Should we continue on?

Sacrifice yourself or believe that you are worthy of more... I find it's harder when a person who believes in God rejects and tries to dominate someone who has made choices for THEIR own soul. I mean the whole idea of God is a personal thing so why violate free will? Another way to look at it would be... if you Love this woman with all her rituals and that you wouldn't mind sending your children to church once a week or more then what's the problem? I guess you have a choice to make.

If you hate God and she hates knowledge then what's Love got to do with it?

1 Like

Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by Nobody: 3:16am On Apr 22, 2016
OP, What advice do you need again. You've concluded that you won't ever change your belief then find an atheist like you and vice versa.

3 Likes

Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by Nobody: 3:19am On Apr 22, 2016
Sorry but this is a dumb advice. Just can't stop myself from saying this.
nubian999:

Sacrifice yourself or believe that you are worthy of more... I find it's harder when a person who believes in God rejects and tries to dominate someone who has made choices for THEIR own soul. I mean the whole idea of God is a personal thing so why violate free will? Another way to look at it would be... if you Love this woman with all her rituals and that you wouldn't mind sending your children to church once a week or more then what's the problem? I guess you have a choice to make.

Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by Nobody: 3:26am On Apr 22, 2016
SillyeRabbit:
Sorry but this is a dumb advice. Just can't stop myself from saying this.

Sorry... are you the op?

Modified: Ok. That's fine hun thanks for the feed back.
Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by Nobody: 3:38am On Apr 22, 2016
You are welcome cool But next time, no thanks needed, cuz i hardly care cool
nubian999:

Sorry... are you the op?

Modified: Ok. That's fine hun thanks for the feed back.
Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by Nobody: 3:41am On Apr 22, 2016
SillyeRabbit:
You are welcome cool But next time, no thanks needed, cuz i hardly care cool

ok... cool cool
Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by Cutehector(m): 3:51am On Apr 22, 2016
Sokar, God loves you.. cool more that you could ever imagine.
Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by 100Cents: 4:12am On Apr 22, 2016
YOU NEED JESUS
Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by alizma: 4:56am On Apr 22, 2016
one of the major reason why is difficult for any nation to ride off terrorists irrespective of its military strength is because their action is usually tied to certain believe, while the believe might be wrong, taking it from them is not as easy as judging them. on this note, I ve experience that difference in relationships that has to do with believe (religion), will sooner or later break the relationship. we knew each other as friends for 4years, lovers admired by many of our friends for 3yrs(4+3=7) yet we go our separate ways just because of church difference not even different religions.

3 Likes

Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by madone: 6:02am On Apr 22, 2016
dont continue oooooo.
u both re not healthy to be together,love is not enuf.there are many other factors that makes lovr glow. your believe system is a major prt of it

3 Likes

Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by manee2(m): 6:19am On Apr 22, 2016
nobilis:
Well, she doesn't love you if her reason for marrying you is that you abandon ur beliefs or their absence thereof.

Love transcends all forms of religions, creed, tribal, ethnic and racial divides. True love actually recognises no boundaries whatsoever.

But u can't really blame her because their bible advised them not to be unevenly yoked to unbelievers.

So obviously, you're gonna lose ur girlfriend to her bible. And if that happens, I pray her bible gets to marry her.

Her BIBLE_

Sorry u advice like a hypocrite
Wot's ur belief?
Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by babs01(m): 6:22am On Apr 22, 2016
No, but I don't see any different btw being xtian or atheist only dat xtianity is more complicated dan atheism.
Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by Pheals(f): 6:24am On Apr 22, 2016
na by force lipsrsealed
Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by marshalcarter: 6:28am On Apr 22, 2016
Ma frnd....God luvs ya...gve ur life to him....ntn is as swt as you jammin ya drum with music lyk baba baba baba baba babamiloke baaaaba smiley oya komole cheesy
Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by sokar(m): 6:37am On Apr 22, 2016
Thanks a lot guys for your advice, the thing is that, as an atheist I could easily pretend to be converted to please her and marry the woman I love, and wouldn't be betraying anybody (but myself) or belief, but my fear is that by doing so I could grow to her for forcing my hand and how long can a person live falsely before they become tired.

I don't how I would feel about all this, years down the line, would I regret marrying her or not doing so?
I'm unhappy with her already for putting me in this position.
Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by sokar(m): 6:40am On Apr 22, 2016
100Cents:
YOU NEED JESUS
Thanks my friend, you need cthulhu. grin na play o.
Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by sokar(m): 6:41am On Apr 22, 2016
Cutehector:
Sokar, God loves you.. cool more that you could ever imagine.

Ok, but it still doesn't change anything especially the matter at hand.
Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by sokar(m): 6:45am On Apr 22, 2016
nobilis:

lol, are you a poet? but seriously I wish she would see it this way, i'm not a member of another religion so i plan on converting her or anything like that.
Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by Cutehector(m): 6:47am On Apr 22, 2016
sokar:

Ok, but it still doesn't change anything especially the matter at hand.
of course it does.. u see, to be very honest with u, u will have a lot of difficulties in try to get a wife who doesn't share your views abt the supernatural.. especially one that doesn't even believe in the existence of God. It will always be a topic of discussion before you two get married.

If u say you love her den u have to do what she demands, even Solomon ditched God because of the love he had for his concubines who were unbelievers, God cursed him and banished him entirely.. well I dnt Wana delve into that.

All i'm tryn to say if u really love someone, there are certain parts of your life u need to sacrifice or merge with that of the oda partner... if u feel u just can't do it den u should marry an unbeliever too, I just dnt need to sugarcoat anything.

Cheers. It's all your choice. Not mine.
Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by sokar(m): 6:49am On Apr 22, 2016
nubian999:

That's the problem isn't it, I've never tried to change her belief in God, I'm a live and let live kind of person, but she's completely adamant about this.
Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by sokar(m): 6:55am On Apr 22, 2016
Cutehector:
of course it does.. u see, to be very honest with u, u will have a lot of difficulties in try to get a wife who doesn't share your views abt the supernatural.. especially one that doesn't even believe in the existence of God. It will always be a topic of discussion before you two get married.

If u say you love her den u have to do what she demands, even Solomon ditched God because of the love he had for his concubines who were unbelievers, God cursed him and banished him entirely.. well I dnt Wana delve into that.

All i'm tryn to say if u really love someone, there are certain parts of your life u need to sacrifice or merge with that of the oda partner... if u feel u just can't do it den u should marry an unbeliever too, I just dnt need to sugarcoat anything.

Cheers. It's all your choice. Not mine.

Don't think i've not considered it, but doing so would mean pretending, praying in the morning when I feel I should be getting more sleep or going to church on Sunday when I should be at home enjoying my weekend, how long would I be able to live like that before I get tired of it?
Remember saying the words is easy especially for an atheist but I wouldn't actually believe.
Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by sokar(m): 6:58am On Apr 22, 2016
Pheals:

My sister no be by force but consider the matter na, if to say na you wetin you go do?
Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by duduade: 7:00am On Apr 22, 2016
SillyeRabbit:
OP, What advice do you need again. You've concluded that you won't ever change your belief then find an atheist like you and vice versa.

Abi o.. Op I know a an atheist like you. Pm me
Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 22, 2016
sokar:

That's the problem isn't it, I've never tried to change her belief in God, I'm a live and let live kind of person, but she's completely adamant about this.

Look you are the Man in the relationship so as long as you can let peace rain you could have your cake and eat it in this case... You could also let her go and find a moderate believer. This is important to her because maybe she feels that if you 'Fear' Love God then you'll 'Fear' Love her.
Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by Cutehector(m): 7:56am On Apr 22, 2016
sokar:

Don't think i've not considered it, but doing so would mean pretending, praying in the morning when I feel I should be getting more sleep or going to church on Sunday when I should be at home enjoying my weekend, how long would I be able to live like that before I get tired of it?
Remember saying the words is easy especially for an atheist but I wouldn't actually believe.
den find a female who is a free thinker and marry! Simple.
Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by Mcbussy(m): 8:05am On Apr 22, 2016
sokar:

Bro just walk away...no matter how long u pretend, the gap will always be there. You will always find the right person that will accept you and love you unconditionally. If there is a condition, then it ain't love.

I'm not an aethist, but I know dat feeling, especially when all these self righteous, hypocritic religious fanatics start spewing all their make believe stories. I believe in God, I go to church when I want, but yet, I don't believe there must be any form of middleman (pastor, born again, spitirikoko, self righteous hypocrites, etc) between me and my creator. So I don't let anybody drag me or talk me into doing what doesn't come from my mind...they are nothing but flesh and bones made from dust, just like u and I. Even God gave us the gift of free will, that's why we make our individual choices.

Nobody should coerce u and make u do what does not come from ur mind.

2 Likes

Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by nobilis: 5:07pm On Apr 22, 2016
manee2:

Her BIBLE_

Sorry u advice like a hypocrite
Wot's ur belief?

Hypocrite
Please define the word "hypocrite".
And form the habit of knowing the actual meaning of words before u use them

Secondly, what has my belief got to do with anything. Truth remains the truth no matter what one's belief is. So cultivate the ability to delineate truisms from beliefs.

My belief matters not. What matters is that what I said is the truth.
Simple and short
Re: Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 22, 2016
you guys have not even graduated yet.

best leave things as they are and go for the 1yr mandatory service.

I'll bet you, you'll find a beautiful God-hater in camp and she will find a nice and loving bible-thumper in her camp too.

when I was in camp, I sure met a lot of them and some other weirdos too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Styles That Made My Day... It's Not What U Think Lol / Four Beautiful Nigerian Babes And Four Handsome Nigerian Men / Signs He Is Husband Material

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.