Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? (7880 Views)

Alleged AIT Ban: The True Story From An AIT Staff, Lara Wise / Buhari Was Not Arrested: The True Story / How Abacha Was Poisoned - Another Version (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by blacksta(m): 2:27pm On Aug 06, 2009
Baba pupa wrote

Where is the disconnect? It is still my assertion that your leaders are screwing you up? And they've been since day one.

Feel free to call whatever the idiots running around in canoe with ak 47 are doing insurrection, I call it pimping and extortion, it's just another dishonorable criminal extension of what your elected leaders are doing.

They're gonna get their money and the poor folks out there in the delta are still gonna be suffering, your leaders don't give a shit about you and MEND don't give a shit about you.

11% of Nigeria's oil wealth is more than enough to take care of everything in the delta, we're talking about billions of dollars, on top of that, you have NDDC, a fully funded federal parastatal created to promote development in the delta. Your own son  of the soil looted every penny, he blew 1 billion naira  @ the ritualist to regain his manhood. And the monthly statutory allocations nko?

I'm not sure if you know the meaning of representation and governance, your leaders are appointed or elected to take care of you, to manage/govern your state, to protect your land, it's not the feds responsibility.

Let me tell you how this shit is gonna play out. Our useless government/Abuja is gonna pay the rag tags called MEND, your leaders are gonna take their cut, MEND leaders are gonna move on to other BS with their loot, young and hungry delta boys are gonna take their spots and keep refining the extortion formula, your leaders are still not gonna pass laws and fight to protect your land and environment even tho' it's their primary responsibility esp' since they've convinced clueless people like you that it's the feds job and they're gonna keep re-routing and looting your resources.

It is your leaders jod to design, pass and enforce environmental laws, they're are either dumb, clueless, incompetent or just don't give a shit about what they're charged and took oaths to do. Just go to lagos and see what fashola is doing with LASEPA and their enviromental laws, even local governments in lagos enacting laws to protect their environments.

And it doesn't matter how much or what the feds sends to the delta because the money is gonna have to go trough your leaders (the clowns in the picture) and we both know what's gonna happen to that money.

Stop running your mouth as if the clowns in  the pictures don't exist, they are your leaders, they are the enemies, they are the reason why the delta is bleeped. love-vendor the feds as much as you want, they're gonna send the money and it's still not gonna reach the delta, it's gonna be hijacked same way they've been hijacking 11% of Nigeria's oil wealth and countless statutory allocations.

The only people I feel sorry for is the good and poor folks of the delta.

Armed insurrection against injustice sounds good, unfortunately, this ain't it. Sorry to burst your burble.
Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by blacksta(m): 2:28pm On Aug 06, 2009
Bariga1 Wrote

But let it be on record that it was said : “another group of boys will immerge very shortly and they will demand their share of the oil money as MEND is doing to put down arms.

Even if the government pulls out and leave the oil wells that are in the area. I can tell you that the area will still not develop.

Until people start to give their chairmen, senators and governors public flogging and in some cases where it is really bad hang the bastard. Will things change in the Niger Delta.

Citizens in the Niger Delta area will continue to suffer and the suffering will get worse over the years to come. I see Somalia developing within that part of Nigeria.

People need to take their destiny in their hands and ask question. MEND is not fighting for anyone but the money they can get in their pocket and the politicians past and present sponsoring them (we know their names but know need to mention even past governors). Yes there are issues for the government to resolve, but we do not have a government in Nigeria so people need to do things themselves.

How much investment has MEND, the governor, commissioner for investment brought into the states in the area? What do they do with their allocation? PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! SHINE YOUR EYE!!!!

It is easy to go to Abuja and demand Royalties, but what have you own people in government done for you?

First deal with your own people and then we will know that you are serious.

OBJ was the one who knew how to deal with you guys (even though I am not a fan of OBJ).

Government needs to develop the Niger Delta but not with a gun held to it head or having to first pay some hoodlum’s called MEND money.

Please put sentiments aside before replying me there is a problem within and not from the federal government. We agree the federal government has it own blames but the people you guys should be fighting should be MEND because they are having a free lunch off the back of law abiding citizens.

Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by blacksta(m): 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2009
Brein wrote

Am not a delta citizen but only concerned about d condemnation and high neglect that has befalling d people' they are nigerians too. The wealth creation accumulated in and from Niger Delta can substantially pioneer the whole of Africa without much doubts. This people in quest had forlong acepted and took to them fate since they couldn't foresee a glimse of brighter future. Needless to mention names and recall dead memories that has out-numbered several sects of the region in d fight for justice.
The one question that pop ma mind always is ~

IS IT because of the high illiteracy rate of these people bt i dont think so either.

Flaring of gas and oil evapourated content has become a norm in d south all at d expense of human health and lives.'
Joining of Militancy sects and subsects has ravaged the idle minds'
Local and Foreign rebels have deluded the path of the just and be a part of its notorious venture'

The peaceful now find pleasure out of propagating catastroph in day unimaginable dream.

The pitiable young and old are discerned from their rightful inheritance both of d past deaths or mishaps of the acclaimed cruising the ayatch in vain glory. >>>>

which way Niger Delta; Which way South south; which WAY FUTURE ADOPTEES; WHich way Nigeria rests the solem cries of a fast heartbeat of the lost and unforgetable memories in d fight for total freedom, liberation and independency of d Deltan souls.

Hephzibah once asked in a said manner which lingered in derailment in hearts of fellow counterparts. "is the illiteracy of the deltans this much!"
Which way South south governors! Your sons and daughters are deprived as aliens trading a strange territory ~ The constant terrain instead of bringing joy to fill hearts brings sorrow and dejection.
I could as well go on and on but just for the records ~ I Rest my coat. Angry Sad Tongue

i just pray for dwellants in d core creeks of Bayelsa never be victim of such atrocities and displacements like the asaba, delta state crises.

Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by blacksta(m): 2:31pm On Aug 06, 2009
jp phillips wrote

MEND oh MEND,
ive heard a lot about your activities in the Niger delta and beyond, ive also heard so much about
the propaganda generated by the waves of attacks which normally leaves the JTF on the
defense.
ive also been opportune to visit some locations where the magnitude of your hurricane has blown across, places like Alakiri, Bonga field,Abiteye, cawthorn channel 1 and lagos.
if i am to make an unofficial appraisal of who you are, i will say you are men of your words which unequivocally makes you a valiant
on the other hand, when i scrutinize your modus operandi and its ripple effects,i get this unbridled doubt that your struggle is villain unless you have contrary facts to prove me wrong.

Now MEND, lets go back to the late 2005 when your acclaimed strife with the federal
Government degenerated to a hurricane (if you permit me to borrow your terminology)
there were a few words that i underlined at the onset,words like
marginalization
struggle
liberation
oil derivation
then lately secession

i don't want to waste much time defining these terms rather, i will like to bring it closer to the everyday of an average Niger deltan so that we can create a level playground for the saints and cynics.

You claim that the vast wealth of the delta are being siphoned by the government of the day
which evidently are the obvious Magnificence of this day Abuja metropolis.
unfortunately, i agree with you on this one but before i give it a complete Nod, i will like to assume that Nigeria though a ''failed'' one is still a sovereign nation
if i am right, then accept my regrets that neither Asaba nor Porthacourt or any other place in the Delta including where i come from was not officially recognized as the National capital.i will like you to ponder over this;

though Texas has a broad transport network,a broad social
infrastructure, houses most of the big companies in the states, Enjoys the second best in GDP state wise in the united states, will You say that Texas is better off than Washington in whichever yardstick u deem necessary,
just a food for thought.

the rest of the other underlined words will be better treated under the same canopy of resource control because i feel they are interconnected.

You clamor for a larger share of the oil Revenue,
if you ask me, to be honest with you, i think you are right.
come to think of it, the Delta bear most of the environmental and biological risk in oil exploration.but if i were you i will ask a question further, How best do i achieve this?

lets analyze the facts on ground before we go into the prejudiced, phantom theory that supports your cause.
i still remember vividly that after the military era, and prior to the April 5th 2002 supreme court
ruling on resource control,the formula has been as follows;
74.3: 18.1: 7.6 percentage split between the federal,states and the local Governments exclusive
of the Almighty 13% Revenue allocation. please correct me if i am wrong
74.3% of the federal bearing the ''first charges'' and ''special funds''
in other words i expect that each oil producing state enjoyed this privilege for approx. four and
half years.
Now MEND, lets come back to today's events
as a result of the supreme court ruling of April 2002, the formula has changed from the above to
49.1: 30.0 : 20.8 Federal, state and local governments percentage split respectively. exclusive of
the Almighty 13% Revenue allocation on the grounds that ''first charges'' and ''special funds'' are
illegal.(not putting into cognizance Obasanjo's dementia of 2005)
please still correct me if i am wrong

though i have my personal reservations,the onshore/offshore dichotomy which severed Akwaibom and Ondo states also the issue of recognizing the FCT as a state,
but i still think that the other oil producing states got a fair deal compared to their contiguous states like Anambra and Enugu respectively in terms of oil Revenue.

MEND, i still wish to remind you here that using the word ''fair deal'' above cannot be
misconstrued owing to the fact that some states though not oil producing generate high on internal revenue but they are not complaining whether or not they receive whatever extra percentage.FIRS Lagos State can tell you more.

I cant really, imagine that people still wake up without plans,
is this sham you call revolution? you think this was how America got their independence from the British, or you think the french revolution, the franco prussian wars, the Spanish civil war and other wars that redefined the human race which brought about human liberation from imperialism and hegemony.
you guys make me laugh,

MEND, U started by kidnapping expertrates which of course was the preamble to be able to raise funds to buy arms for the real struggle ahead.
interesting plan,
they paid their Ransom gained their freedom some unhurt and arm proliferation became your other hobby, please still correct me if i am wrong
today, you have succeeded in laying siege to the delta that you intended to liberate abinitio

let me tell you the ripple effects of your struggle,
Go to warri for instance,
the companies have left, job cuts by more than 60%, plethora of unemployed youths, even if they were not paid well abinitio is not comparable to the Anguish they are facing now,
your ijaw brothers that are landlords have slashed rents to ridiculous rates to lure imaginary
tenants, these buildings i remember were their Gratuity and payoffs by the same companies you despisetoday they have lost their only source of livelihood thanks to your struggle;

lets talk about your people in the creeks
for every pipeline you blow, that is more than 12'' carries hundreds of thousands barrell of crude
depending on the flow station,this you release into the same Eco system you wish to
salvage,aquatic lives are compromised and our health suffer.

MEND, do you still see those leafy fresh fruits u enjoyed in the delta in the 80's?
your struggle has forced them to extinction unfortunately, you don't even miss them, or you think
shell's pollution caused it? of course that is a good line of defense if you ask me.

lets talk about the Garden city

PH is now a mini barracks where every junction is a military parade, where military siren has taken over the squeaks from the humming birds in the city we used to know.
insecurity has forced even the beggars to hiding talk more of potential investors,
how do you expect the malls to be built, the exotic restaurants and admirable edifice that you dream befitting for the garden city
who will build them?
the expatriate you have all kidnapped?

MEND, when last did you price a fresh fish in the portharcourt market?
are you surprised the prices are exorbitant and they look shabby?
the reason is because your boys are holding siege at the water ways that the farmers prefer to consume their products at home and stay alive than crossing over to risk their life bringing it to
portharcourt,
and the shabbiness is a fall out of the fact that the desperate ones raise fishes in contaminated local ponds and bring it to the market for your people to consume unlike the ones raised in their
Natural Aquatic Microcosm or should i just say that they have been
poisoned.
I am sure your feasibility studies never highlighted these at the planning stage of the struggle.

Lets talk about the indigenous companies owned by your people

MEND, do you know how many pipeline servicing companies you have sent packing as a result of your struggle?
some Multinationals that can migrate to another country and continue from where they stopped
while some are indigenous owned by your people that can barely maintain a permanent residence in PH talk more of paying off staffs.
Can you imagine how many families most of them laid off staffs from producing companies and
others from bankrupt servicing companies that curse you day and night in their prayers for hanging them on the brink of economic quagmire.

Doesn't it bother you that porthacourt has copious taxi drivers these days or you think is still about the bike?
my dear, they are desperate fathers you took away their means of livelihood
several companies in PH can hardly pay existing staff talk more of creating jobs thanks to your struggle.
at the demise of ph and warri, lagos is taking the credence.the west is booming, their economy is stronger than all the ijaw states put together.

Have you bothered to find out where the problem of the delta lies?
you ask for more wealth, yet the ones you were given fell into wrong hands and you are not bothered to seek justice,

hurricane moses, (if you will permit me to borrow your terminology) let me remind you that in the history of this country, no ex or seating politician has stolen more money than your brothers
Ibori,peter odili,Alams,lucky igbinedion and co in this democratic dispensation. are they not your brothers, now tell me who is marginalizing you?

Ibori and co or the Government of the day?

another food for thought

I am really sorry for these ignoramus that think that you are fighting a just cause, to be honest, its obvious these people don't have the least inkling of what is happening in the oil and Gas industry.
people are loosing their jobs everyday, shell lays off contract staffs like nobody's business likewise other producing companies,
do you blame them?
they are low on production,financial meltdown and crude prices are not helping matters, companies are packing up, families are suffering.Are you fighting for us or are you fighting us?

people are suffering and you call this revolution.
How more foolish can you be, the corrupt politicians that have your money are walking about the streets of Abuja and you Kidnap expertrates that repair you roads.
i don't just get it.

maybe some fools will tell me its a price that must be paid or perhaps a justified collateral damage,
to me this one is unnecessary may your names (gbomo jomo and co) not sing the villain song for generations to come,
borrow a leaf from ken sarowiwa and pray that you don't end up like napoleon Bonaparte and his cohort Adolf Hitler at least he got a pint of dignity by taking his own life i am not sure if you will be man enough to take your own life on the day of reckoning and not sing a new song of Amnesty like your Oga Henry okah.

we have seen a lot of people like you both home and abroad,and to be honest,your likes always fail.Do not be like my brother Emeka ojukwu who after serving as a colonel in the Nigerian Army and as a governor in the eastern region, knowing fully well the military capabilities of eastern Nigeria thinks that challenging his God to a dual was a better option than calling for super powers to back his Aburi conference or some other diplomatic means,
in the end, cowardice was still the case, he left with the last plane from uli airport
(a remote improvised airport in one of Anambra's suburbs)to reunite with
his father's friends and classmates in ivory coast when my father and my brothers were butchered in droves.
tell me is ojukwu better than Zik,Awolowo et al who took the path of diplomacy?
they are the real heroes and everyone knows that.
in the end his Nnewi sychophants gave him Ikemba for taking their lives and wasting their future
i put it to Ikemba that what his father achieved peacefully he can never achieve even in death, the shell, the ACB and so many other investments and recognition the world over. And here is his sanguinary son wasting lives.
till today, have the igbos been liberated? has the igbos had a steady senate president talk more of
smelling Aso Rock, or he is waiting for another black president to rule America before he realizes how much he has failed his people.

did we not all start life with 20pounds amidst dilapidated infrastructure and brazen war psychology.
look at where the yorubas are coupled with our doggedness can you imagine where we could have been without this war?

make no mistakes MEND when the time comes, people will stand up against your animosity ,your people that you have poisoned their waters and taken their jobs might not be that generous to
give you an IKEMBA so in your interest, sheathe your sword

I ask, did you people do a simple research at all before embarking on your madness
by destroying pipelines you are mere cutting production, the real trade is off shore where you
don't have the logistics access
or haven't you heard of FSO?
you guys are just full of shit
MEND my arse

Amnesty? Yaradua make me laugh, what happened to the word ''Annihilation''?
just thinking aloud though Grin Grin

Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by blacksta(m): 2:45pm On Aug 06, 2009
Are these the real crooks responsible for the Mess in the Niger delta in the Last 10 years

what happened to the following

13% of All Oil Revenue?

Monthly allocations?

Internally generated revenue?

Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by blacksta(m): 2:47pm On Aug 06, 2009
Is this Man guilty?

Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by blacksta(m): 2:49pm On Aug 06, 2009
Is this Man also guilty ?

Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by blacksta(m): 2:52pm On Aug 06, 2009
How many of your people have u helped?

Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by blacksta(m): 2:54pm On Aug 06, 2009
Is this Man a freedom fighter or Mercenary?

I understand he also ftravelled to germany for a Medical checkup - ?

Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by Kobojunkie: 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2009
Roflmao!!!! You wan start wahala with this one oo!!!
Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by puskin: 3:33pm On Aug 06, 2009
That guy JP Phillips really said it all.
MEND is fighting a SELFISH cause.
Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by puskin: 3:40pm On Aug 06, 2009
They are all guity as CHARGED.
Greedy and SELFISH bastards.
Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by blacksta(m): 9:12pm On Aug 06, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Roflmao!!!! You wan start wahala with this one oo!!!

hoping to get a constructive debate
Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 06, 2009
J.P Philips bared the whole truth. Thanks.
Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by ono(m): 10:59pm On Aug 06, 2009
I haven't taken time to go through all that JP Phillips wrote - simply glanced through the write up, saw some worthless stuff, and moved on.

I observed that in all of his write up, he never made mention of anything about the ND since the days of Oloibiri-1. He drew conclusions based on 'recent'' events in the country - since the days of OBJ. That's awfully shallow. He should go back to the very beginning. Until then, all of his write up is just another piece of crap.

He also talked about Port Harcourt like someone who lived there in the early 70's. My guy, many things dey shele for that place wey you sef, when you come around you go bow.

And talking about thieving governors during the OBJ presidency, he mentioned Ibori, Alams and co, as if they were the worst offenders at the time. We all know that OBJ was the king kong of his presidency. He was the alpha lord, who, as petroleum resources minister, stashed billions of dollars and other forex to resuscitate his moribound Otta Farm. He also used proceeds from oil block sales to build his ''hiltop mansion'' at Ibara in Abeokuta. It is a well known fact that he sold quite a lot of juicy oil blocks to his cronies and associates at the time.
Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by Ibime(m): 11:02pm On Aug 06, 2009
Ono, there is no reason to be had with imbeciles. No Niger-Deltan should even bother himself with this bunch of crap. We might as well post pictures of all Governors and Ministers and highlight them as the cause of our collective misery in Nigeria. What that has to do with the contract we signed upon joining the Nigerian Federation in 1960 is another story altogether. "Resource Control" and "Development" are not interchangable terms. The leaders depicted are partly responsible for our lack of "development", but they have nothing to do with our lack of "resource control". Ibori, Odili, Alams and the rest will get their just deserts in due course.
Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by blacksta(m): 11:18pm On Aug 06, 2009
@ibime and Ono

It is only fool that will deny the fact that other parts of Nigeria don't have their own issues with bad leadership. Ono i agree with u that Obj is the mother of crooks but one that stands outs is the Niger delta issue.

A question i would like you guys to answer

1. Why is the fight not taken to the doorstep of past and present ND leaders Somebody like Odili or Ibori should be hung from a tree.

2. Is it not in the jurdisdiction of the state and local governments to make environmental laws

3. Is not the job of the state or local government to deal with local issues.

and many more question as we proceed.
Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by Ibime(m): 11:55pm On Aug 06, 2009
blacksta:

A question i would like you guys to answer

1. Why is the fight not taken to the doorstep of past and present ND leaders Somebody like Odili or Ibori should be hung from a tree.

2. Is it not in the jurdisdiction of the state and local governments to make environmental laws

3. Is not the job of the state or local government to deal with local issues.

There is no moral compunction for any Niger-Deltan to address these arguments borne out of superficial knowledge of the situation in ND, but I might as well indulge you since you share ties with Eleme people.

(1.) It is a strategic and tactical mistake to bring the fight to ND leaders at this stage. Timiepriye Sylva alone can raise enough boys to chase MEND out of Bayelsa for good and derail the struggle indeterminably. It has been done before. Ask Odili what he did to the NDPVF before the formation of MEND

On the other hand, despite their wickedness, these ND leaders do serve a purpose to the struggle and are regularly railroaded into buying arms for the boys.

Their comeuppance will only be served when the major aggressor (Nigeria) has been dealt with. You cannot fight yourself in the presence of an enemy, neither can Mr Goat fight his enemy Mr Pig in the presence of Mr Lion. They will save their enmity for a later date. Even as we speak, Odili cannot go to PH without heavy arms, if at all.

On the other hand, if those who steal 50% allocation (FG) were honest themselves, then they can implement the right laws and procedures to bring the 13% thieves (Odili et al) to book. What has the FG done for you with their 50% allocation? Infact, ND Governors such as Amaechi, Duke, Sylva, Ohakim, Uduaghan and Oshiomohle who have actually done something are exonerated by the actions of their 50% cousins. Bode George, OBJ, IBB and other federal players always top the list of looters and are big fry compared to their state-level compadres.

A thief is a thief is a thief. . . but you who have a thief in your midst have no moral authority to condemn my struggle because of the thief in my midst, especially when you (Nigeria) have the legal jurisdiction to bring my thief to justice, and I dont. You forego your legal authority to book my thief, then expect me to pick up arms against my thief, knowing that he will fight back and derail my struggle completely.

(2.) You cannot compare actions of the right honourable Fashola with what applies in ND. Picking rubbish from the street is not the same as stopping gas-flaring. Oil coys are already mandated to clean up spills, but lack of insincerity means that enforcement is a problem as these companies get away with paying paltry fines at court. Gas-flaring has already been outlawed at Federal level, but FG keeps postponing the date at which the law comes into effect. It is hardly wise to expect Amaechi to decree that gas-flaring must stop tomorrow when FG has already done so, but refuses to enforce it. Do you think FG will allow ND Governors to kill the cow which gives them milk> Thats not even under State jurisdiction sef.

(3.) Yes. That is the premise of federalism.
Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by babapupa: 1:23am On Aug 07, 2009
Ibime-

You cannot compare actions of the right honorable Fashola with what applies in ND. Picking rubbish from the street

Instead make your borrow leaf you dey yarn rubbish and acting disingenuous, Your leaders obviously no sabi their Job descriptions or they're freeking incompetent and don't give a shit,

August 03, 2005
Pollution: LASEPA gives companies14-day ultimatum

Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA) hasissued a 14-day ultimatum to all companies operating in the state to submittheir Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) or have their companies shut down.

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:F811W4w4c2oJ:news.biafranigeriaworld.com/archive/daily_independent/2005/08/03/pollution_lasepa_gives_companies14day_ultimatum.php+lasepa&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

NIMASA, LASEPA to trail vessels in Lagos dumping operation.

NIMASA, LASEPA to trail vessels in Lagos dumping operation
By Seye Olumide

AN apparently clandestine operation involving extensive discharge of oil sludge through unmarked vessels into coastal waters has apparently been thriving close to the Snake Island area of Apapa in Lagos.

http://omi-gbigbonacollective..com/2008/07/nimasa-lasepa-to-trail-vessels-in-lagos.html

Lagos tackles illegal sand diggers as LASEPA shuts three firms

By Tunde Alao

THE Lagos State Ministry of Waterfront Infrastructure Development has launched what it calls 'Operation Sandy,' to curb the activities of individuals and organisations who engage in illegal and unauthorised dredging of sand in lagoons around the state.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/homes_property/article11//indexn3_html?pdate=110509&ptitle=Lagos%20tackles%20illegal%20sand%20diggers%20as%20LASEPA%20shuts%20three%20firms&cpdate=140509

LASEPA Threatens To Shut Dangote, Others

March 02, 2009 14:35, 142 views

The Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA) has threatened to shut down Dangote Agro-Sack Company and nine others located in Ikeja over environmental nuisance.

The companies have already been served abatement of environmental pollution notice under the LASEPA Edict, No.9 of 1997.

Other companies served abatement notices are: Boulos Enterprises Limited and Standard Industrial Company Limited, both on Acme Road, Ogba, Multichem Industries Limited, Dorchester, Strides Vitaling Limited, Cormart Nigeria Limited and Michelin.

http://thepmnews.com/2009/03/02/lasepa-threatens-to-shut-dangote-others

And about resource control.

I said something about representation and governance per your elected and appointed leaders but you conveniently side stepped it. They are the folks in charge, they are your leaders and even given and with full resource control, every dime still got to go trough these clowns, not you or MEND, these clowns are your chief executives and they call the shots in their respective states.

Your resource control argument don't mean jack because all roads still lead to the incompetent buffoons and thieves you call leaders and just like the rest of the country, your destiny is in the hands of crooks, thieves, enemies of your people and humanity.

You guys really need to quit acting dumb and clueless
Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by Ibime(m): 1:48am On Aug 07, 2009
@ Babapupa,

Dont compare mundane environmental issues with oil exploration issues. Fash is doing a good job, no doubt, but answer this: Does any state have the power to stop gas flaring? Do you know how long this issue has been in court? Do you think it would be in court if States had right to declare it illegal? Not a drop of oil is produced in Naija without gas being flared, so stop talking rubbish out of ignorance.

As a rejoinder:

http://www.greengrants.org/grantstories.php?news_id=38

A recent groundbreaking decision by Cross River State's governor, Mr. Donald Duke, offers an illustrative example of how grassroots organizations can work together to promote change at the local, state, and national level and safeguard Nigeria's precious natural resources. On July 7, 2004 Western Metal Products Company (WEMPCO), a Hong-Kong corporation, was ordered to close down its logging operations and evacuate the area.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200812240438.html

Yenagoa — The Bayelsa State Governor, Chief Timipre Sylva, has assured Bayelsans that his administration will enforce the forestry law of the state to stop wanton bush burning and illegal felling of trees

All these other environmental wahala has never been the issue in ND. The environmental issues Blacksta is talking pertains solely to the oil and gas industry.

Yes, I have a bright idea - All ND Governors should ban gas flaring so no oil is produced, and your state will not receive any allocation next month. It is then you would start begging us to[b] resume[/b] the pollution of our environment! grin grin grin

I had hoped your reasoning would be more intelligent than your name sounds. . . grin grin grin
Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by Ibime(m): 1:53am On Aug 07, 2009
babapupa:

And about resource control.

I said something about representation and governance per your elected and appointed leaders but you conveniently side stepped it. They are the folks in charge, they are your leaders and even given and with full resource control, every dime still got to go trough these clowns, not you or MEND, these clowns are your chief executives and they call the shots in their respective states.

Your resource control argument don't mean jack because all roads still lead to the incompetent buffoons and thieves you call leaders and just like the rest of the country, your destiny is in the hands of crooks, thieves, enemies of your people and humanity.

You guys really need to quit acting dumb and clueless

Is resource control fair? Yes or No?

All these extra arguments are really unnecessary and dumb.

By your logic, we should also stop allocating 50% of all revenue derived from our resources to FG since all they would do is embezzle the money.

Lets take it further. . .  infact Britain should have never granted Nigeria independence since we were clrearly incapable of managing our own affairs. . .

Yes o. . .  we can pick gaping holes in stupid arguments all day.

I repeat:

A thief is a thief is a thief. . . but you who have a thief in your midst have no moral authority to condemn my struggle because of the thief in my midst, especially when you (Nigeria) have the legal jurisdiction to bring my thief to justice, and I dont.

If they want to drink the crude-oil, let them drink it. We will cross that bridge when we get there.
Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by Beaf: 1:54am On Aug 07, 2009
This Niger Delta thing really pains some folk from major ethnic groups. It is really a form of racism that can be summarised as; "how dare this bloody minorities who should just remain invisible and slave for us".

The fact that the ND has gained a voice really, really, really pains these guys. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

No ND person will be bothered with this piffle. Haha!
Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by Kobojunkie: 1:59am On Aug 07, 2009
oh brother!!!! sad
Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by Beaf: 2:05am On Aug 07, 2009
They are jealous because we provide 95% of the nations revenue. . . They? They only digest!

Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by babapupa: 2:19am On Aug 07, 2009
Ibime-

Is resource control fair? Yes or No?

Of what use is your resource control when the dividends dey chill inside private foreign bank account and financing mansions in any land but yours?

I guess it's silly season because you people don begin reason like mumu with heads buried inside sand.

And this is the caliber of the kind of people wey dey yarn on behalf of the delta? No wonder the delta is bleeped up.
Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by Ibime(m): 2:21am On Aug 07, 2009
babapupa:

Of what use is your resource control when the dividends dey chill inside private foreign bank account and financing mansions in any land but yours?

I guess it's silly season because you people don begin reason like mumu with heads buried inside sand.

And this is the caliber of the kind of people wey dey yarn on behalf of the delta? No wonder the delta is bleeped up.

And again I repeat:

By your logic, we should also stop allocating 50% of all revenue derived from our resources to FG since all they would do is embezzle the money.

Lets take it further. . .  infact Britain should have never granted Nigeria independence since we were clearly incapable of managing our own affairs. . .

Instead of facing YOUR GOVERNMENT who have the jurisdiction to fight corruption, you are facing the victims of the Niger-Delta who only want their just due.

It seems some people have been lobotomised.

Yes o. . .  we can pick gaping holes in stupid arguments all day.
Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by babapupa: 2:58am On Aug 07, 2009
you are facing the victims of the Niger-Delta who only want their just due.

Just open your mouth, shandy dey come. Mend and your jaguda leaders go deliver your dues just like they've been doing.

I see you Ignored the Lasepa links and side stepped the fact that it's your leaders responsibility to enact and enforce environmental laws.

You're picking gaping holes alright?
Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by Beaf: 3:05am On Aug 07, 2009
babapupa:

Just open your mouth, shandy dey come. Mend and your jaguda leaders go deliver your dues just like they've been doing.

I see you Ignored the Lasepa links and side stepped the fact that it's your leaders responsibility to enact and enforce environmental laws.

You're picking gaping holes alright?

Blaming the victim is something we've learnt from colonial masters and the likes of KKK. FG has a 60% share in all oil contracts, the other 40% is for the oil companies. ND leaders do not run the FG - the FG alone has set and broken enddates for gas flaring and levy's only the lightest punishment for environmental disasters (the FG bearing a 60%, doesn't want to fine itself).

However, I welcome the day we'll be able to blame our leaders as you very ignorantly suggest; because on that day, we will have 100% resource control.

A farm in the ND, yes thats oil not water and, yes thats a flare in the background.

Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by Theblessed(f): 3:15am On Aug 07, 2009
[b]I am not a political animal as politics is not really my forte however, I felt the need to say something here as I believe everyone should be aware of events around them, irrespective.  Also, I do believe that Nigerian RESOURCES needs to be shared EQUITABLY to avoid situation as this that destabilizes our country and thus, our economy.  Therefore, the Nigerian Government should examine its conscience (if it has one) and answer truthfully to God that its doing everything possible and all the RIGHT THINGS FOR THE BENEFIT OF IT'S PEOPLE.  Also, it owes us an honest and intelligent National debate (for the first time in this country) on how it intends to stabilize our country and EQUITABLY share the revenues from its natural resources since INEQUALITIES are the issues, destabilizing our BLESSED country.  Get me right, every society has it own issues on inequalities but there are MARKED inequalities in Nigerian society that needs to be seriously and, seriously addressed.[/b]
Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by Beaf: 3:38am On Aug 07, 2009
Nigeria is the Worlds top gas flarer (13%). We produce more greenhouse gases than the whole of sub-saharan Africa combined. It amounts to 3.25% the total gas consumtion of the US and 4% of total gas consumption in the EU.

Nigeria flares 23 billion cubic meters per year, enough to meet all our energy needs, with a surplus for export, yet PHCN supplies constant blackout; are they ND as well? shocked

The country foolishly burns up US $2.5 billion annually through flaring. If some Nigerians embrace stupidity and blame the ND for polution, then it is no wonder that for this huge losses, oil companies have only been charged between US$150,000 and US$370,000 annually shocked. Yes, lets blame ND elders because we are a little stupid.
I have only spoken of costs (the only thing that concerns some people), nothing has been said about the deadly toxins released by these flares (several of which exist in close proximity to communities). . .  Maybe ND people don't matter.
Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by Nobody: 5:05am On Aug 07, 2009
Oh D.S.P  Alamieyeseigha >>>> The man in question!.

He is tough like an ancient warrior
His dread turns a city into tales of horror
His rage is the anathema that tames enemies of democracy
He saved and dropped the uniform of military aristocracy
His voice is replica of his people’s dream
He sits on the seat of authority where power beams
He was perturbed when men shed tears
And revived them from slippery slopes of doubt and fear
His hilarious laughter is the reverberating sound of an excited crowd
On his head hanga halo and crown
His bowler hat is the symbol of “resource control” struggle
He soars with the wings of an eagle
He dances at victory before it arrives
He fought wars, conquered and came back alive
His garments is like a royal robe of ancient duke
His horizon is surrounded by flowers like the morning dew
He runs with the strength of a horse
He took a star medal in Nigeria Air force
He walks relentlessly with the raindrops of sweat
He sips wine that taste sour and sweet
His eyes gleams with lions courage for conquest
He keeps an open arm to the people’s request
He cuts the bushes of Yenagoa with great valour
He turned the city to paradise against underdevelopment squalor

His majestic steps are strides of great achievement
He held the sceptre of Bayelsa State Government
Where men came to seek for favour in his mantle
His house was full of armour bearers and knights
He brought light to his people in their darkest night.
He is a man of great confidence and covenant
To defend the Ijaws both small and prominent
He caused a national hullabaloo with his lions roar
He is a God-fearing man with dignity and integrity
A trait of individualism, peace loving and flexibility
His leadership style makes him stand out in the nation
He is a man that lives with a great name
Diepreye, Solomon Peter, Alamieyeseigha has made fame
Honourable enthroned, governor general of Niger Delta.

He is a man of his words and revered by the kings and elders
And chiefs as the Olotu of Olotus and Amaebidowei of Amassoma kingdom
Because he is a pioneer democrat that have fought for his people’s freedom
D.S.P is a man with the mind of the progressives
Great land marks are visible in Bayelsa State by D.S.P’s prerogative
Re: The True Story About The Niger Delta Area - Or do u have another version? by ono(m): 7:39am On Aug 07, 2009
I can now say that instead of JP Phillips making any sense with his outbursts and truckload of crap, Ibime has clarified issues succinctly. And for all those lover of truth and conscience, hear him. He obviously knows more than about the Niger Delta than JP Phillips.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up / Kano Awards ₦88 Million Food Security Contract / Hundeyin:Tinubu's Daughters Paid $2.1M & $2.45M For Apartments In New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.