Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima (40775 Views)

Coalition For Nigeria: Obasanjo Mobilizes 7 Governors, 20 Senators To Remove PMB / FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan / APC Senators To Ekweremadu: Defect Or Be Booted Out Of Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by apolonius(m): 6:35pm On Apr 22, 2016
maupe:

Appearances can be deceiving. A fragmented PDP is not likely. Those who wanted to leave have long departed, the ones left have no where to go, not due to unavailability of options, but just down to the greener grass. PDP is the more you look the less you see

PS: PDP do not want obvious control of the Senate, so they will not vie for the seat, but rather will push forward or support another longstanding Senator in Saraki's camp

I agree with your reading of the PDP strategy. Yes,with the fragment of the APC senate caucus he controls joining forces with the PDP,the seat is Saraki group's to lose.

Of course,as Harold Wilson stated,a week is a long time in politics.
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by YouthAdvocator: 6:35pm On Apr 22, 2016
This won't help the average Nigerian youth out there,this people only fight for their selfish interests,the earlier we realize this,the better for us.

Nigerian youths are getting wiser,the movement to hijack our future has started.
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by emerged01(m): 6:37pm On Apr 22, 2016
I don't bloody care. Maybe that we will work for the citizens.
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by Abugab(m): 6:37pm On Apr 22, 2016
Dino Melaye has already sold out to jankoliko Saraki and so it is already -1.
I trust jagaban and all APC strategists to play their cards well.
Just open all the PDP senators files with DSS and they will be willing to sign an agreement.

I see the law of self preservation playing out here as the joker.

1 Like

Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by apolonius(m): 6:44pm On Apr 22, 2016
eLcastro:
Pray the day saraki exit comes fast.,lets test d pdp unity....don't judge 4rm burial.,abi if all pdp followers go there d man go wake...or is because kashamu nd cross rivs gov prasin apc makes dem apc members..or u xpect akpabio to nw talk lyk d info minster who doesn't knw wen to talk..u points hold no water...d wise tin a reasonable person wil knw is.,u kill d bigger enemy "outside" 1st b4 u come inward....even b4 the election a wise person will knw apc will have this issues...itz normal.,dey even tryin. in holdin it dis far...dey'v really tame some.,buh u knw life 1 or 2 will always be stubborn..cuz 4 real notin went 2 d nPdP govs..transport minister 4 ameachi...am 4rm 9jadelta.,rivers to be precise...I kip askin ma apc cousin here "if na GEJ giv ameachi transport minster e go collect.,e no go ask say wetin do petroleum or power.? Apc didn't share the spoilt well.,is jus cause apc can't be fightin d red and green chambers together..nd dogara won on d floor hands down...if not we all knw dey don't even want dogara

Again,I respect your points even though I think differently.

I just made the point that you can't be so sure where the loyalty of anyone lies in politics.This is as true of the APC hawks as it is about the PDP.

The PDP has its fragments that are not obvious because they are on outside central governance. The forces imposing Sheriff and those opposing them mirror this factionalisation clearly.

When push comes to shove,the lines of interests and loyalty may not be so clear.
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by ositaboy: 6:46pm On Apr 22, 2016
Whoever is a saint should cast the stone.
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by eLcastro(m): 6:47pm On Apr 22, 2016
Nalikedis:
u have no idea of what u are wishing... U thimk everything is all about PDP vs APC? or u think peoples opinion are the opinion of guys in ur circle. Maybe I should put colour to ur dream.... In thw case of ur wish, this seem more like the end scenario... Dogara and whoever the SP is would be removed by court or by minority vote...their protest will be met with arrest and caging of their supporters... There will be curfew in Abuja, SW activists will keep queit because to them it will be case of two fighting, there will be IPOB like agitation in the SE, while blood flows up North. Nothern legislature found to support his impeachment will not even attemp to go to their constituency... Argue with me, then I will remind u that a dead president ruled the country for six months. So bro wake up from ur devilish fantasy land. Moreover, our politicians are not dumb ass... Even an Ekeremadu led senate will be more cooperative with the executive than what we have seen with this Saraki senate
Bro u still thinkin we in 80's if d chambers can legally impeach the president notin will apen.,the world's now sein opposition takin over as long as it's legit...if the president misbehave he will be treated 4 his misbehaviour...don't even think of that o.,you think all dis rulin party handin over to opposition is their mind.,buh u don't want to be chase lyk gadaffi or mubarak or that ivory Coast president....if due process is followed another that is impeach is gone.....i don't c it apenin tho.,buh if it apens he's gone nd notin will apen..when the rulin party lost nd handed over to him did anyone die
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by eLcastro(m): 6:53pm On Apr 22, 2016
Nig4Greatness:
People are beginning to face the reality that Saraki's senate presidency is just a matter of time for it to be over but the permutations of PDP taking over the Senate can never happen.Am yet to see any APC senators that will vote for pdp because of his love for Saraki.it has never happen anywhere in the world where one political party member will vote for the opposition in a crucial election even in United States, Obama's many republican senators supporters could not support his supreme court judge nomination confirmation.
Nobody will want to jeopardize their own political existence because of some love for someone.
on nl.,i hav come to discover peeps think in jus one angle.,i myself don't see dem votin the pdp..bouh hav u eva tot of "hw bouh the senators not showin up 4 d election"or evn comin in late....politics is dirty bro..there r always other ways
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by Principal007(m): 6:56pm On Apr 22, 2016
it's season film...PDP is playing back d card APC played 4 in 2011 at d level of house of reps.APC has drawn d blood first it's PDP's time...I know dos crook wey dey PDP dey go tk triple pound of flesh
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by shegerun: 7:00pm On Apr 22, 2016
PDP is already in control of the Senate. Saraki and other PDP members that defected to APC are still PDP. They're merely APC in name only.
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by GWMI(m): 7:00pm On Apr 22, 2016
With the rate APC is going, they don't need the PDP as opposition they will truely destroy themselves.I now conclude that my Jesus is right when he says A HOUSE DIVIDED AGAINST ITSELF CANNOT STAND.thanks.
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by emmykk(m): 7:02pm On Apr 22, 2016
Kastonkastroll:
dream dream dream, dream dream dream.. grin When saraki is finally booted out, ekweramadu won't be spared either.

APC senate president
APC deputy senate president, no more no less grin

APC should bear with saraki, a new presidentwill come from saraki cliq and he will be a blunder for PDP
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by eLcastro(m): 7:04pm On Apr 22, 2016
apolonius:

Again,I respect your points even though I think differently.

I just made the point that you can't be so sure where the loyalty of anyone lies in politics.This is as true of the APC hawks as it is about the PDP.

The PDP has its fragments that are not obvious because they are on outside central governance. The forces imposing Sheriff and those opposing them mirror this factionalisation clearly.

When push comes to shove,the lines of interests and loyalty may not be so clear.
yea and i agree with you.,i know u goin to com with that angle.,which will even cus more problems in the days ahead 4 the pdp,am talkin this comin "convention"....buh my point is jus logical.,its not even much calculation...if unity is what will give the pdp the sp seat 4 2daym,best bliv...u will see it 4rm dem...an example.,the idea of all members of the opposition party walkin away wen the rulin party present a ministerial candidate dey don't want.,it doesn't mean atleast 1 of the opposition member is nt a frd or does not lyk the candidate...it's jus purely party interest...anyway i don't see d pdp bin d sp.,i don't evn see saraki lossin yt...politics is all bouh bargainin
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by compoundC: 7:09pm On Apr 22, 2016
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by apolonius(m): 7:14pm On Apr 22, 2016
eLcastro:
yea and i agree with you.,i know u goin to com with that angle.,which will even cus more problems in the days ahead 4 the pdp,am talkin this comin "convention"....buh my point is jus logical.,its not even much calculation...if unity is what will give the pdp the sp seat 4 2daym,best bliv...u will see it 4rm dem...an example.,the idea of all members of the opposition party walkin away wen the rulin party present a ministerial candidate dey don't want.,it doesn't mean atleast 1 of the opposition member is nt a frd or does not lyk the candidate...it's jus purely party interest...anyway i don't see d pdp bin d sp.,i don't evn see saraki lossin yt...politics is all bouh bargainin

I appreciate your insights.
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by tuniski: 7:20pm On Apr 22, 2016
blackpanda:
Pls change the title. Its misleading. OP wrote it as if its saraki speaking.

In any case, saraki is leaving whether apc or pdp like it or not. The only thing that can save him from jail is a presidential pardon. But by then, he would have already been convicted and his political career wld be over!
Convict saraki and instead of his political career over, buhari's will be over!

U must think politics is 1+1. Just watch as apc implode on saraki's matter and buhari finally confirms he is no democrat!
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 22, 2016
blackpanda:
Pls change the title. Its misleading. OP wrote it as if its saraki speaking.

In any case, saraki is leaving whether apc or pdp like it or not. The only thing that can save him from jail is a presidential pardon. But by then, he would have already been convicted and his political career wld be over!
Sho mo we ka ni?
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by eLcastro(m): 7:25pm On Apr 22, 2016
apolonius:

I appreciate your insights.
u welcome bro.,4 9ja politicians it's lyk this "wen u not in power.,party b4 self interest...once u in power.,self interest b4 party" grin grin grin Buh it's a good thing 4 apc faithfuls 2019 is still far hopefully dey will resolve b4 then.,cus if this was 2018 nw...then dey would've had a very big problem...all u nid promise 9ja politician na say.,come i go give u gov.,senate ticket without primary that's all...all this pdp senators if they sure of apc tickets without primary trust me them go cross carpet...
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by Banter1(m): 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2016
make buhari dey form i don't interfer there, e go do am like film wey pdp sinators go impeach am. dey form holiness there
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by coolplanet: 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2016
maupe:
Contrary to the expectations of PDP followers, i don't see the PDP attempting to hijack the house from the APC. That would not gp down well with the Saraki faction, who would see it as betrayal. This news of a PDP palace coup in the works is only heard in the camps of the APC, who use it as a fear tactic inorder to whip up public sympathy. The APC will still control both chambers, while the PDP will keep on offering effective alternatives

I urge you stop dreaming. PDP might emerge as senate president for different reasons.
First,they need just three supporters from nPDP(dos that defected)
Secondly, they will promise to give the supporters attractive roles in the senate that they would never get as APC members.(unrecorgnised ones amongst them).

Anything can happen. Don't forget the likes of Atiku rules saraki faction and Tinubu is for lawan group so it's gonna be war.just relax and watch Nigerian movie part 2 soon.
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by Deen77: 8:08pm On Apr 22, 2016
IVORY2009:

Warning
To the APC, kindly play ur cards well, PDP would takeover the house, and that is the begin of frustratn to the executives.

What is happening now?, Saraki is PDP period.
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2016
I just wish that every gullibe nigerian will realise that supporting corrupt parties and politicians wont help your situation as a nigerian...life is not about APC and PDP, its about you!
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by bashydemy(m): 8:14pm On Apr 22, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
PDP is heading to ASO ROCK grin
this robot never stop fooling himself, I ask you to present at least 5 names of PDP big wigs in the house that can come out and contest for that post and I tell you how the prwsidecy will deal with them. Don't underestimate the power of a sitting president . OBJ own will be a child play.
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by Tarzaa(m): 8:18pm On Apr 22, 2016
I ask this question, are pdp senators not elected for the development of this nation? These comments people make about pdp together with their supporters make me believe that pdp is cancer to Nigeria!
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by apolonius(m): 8:30pm On Apr 22, 2016
[quote author=eLcastro post=44949823]u welcome bro.,4 9ja politicians it's lyk this "wen u not in power.,party b4 self interest...once u in power.,self interest b4 party" grin grin grin Buh it's a good thing 4 apc faithfuls 2019 is still far hopefully dey will resolve b4 then.,cus if this was 2018 nw...then dey would've had a very big problem...all u nid promise 9ja politician na say.,come i go give u gov.,senate ticket without primary that's all...all this pdp senators if they sure of apc tickets without primary trust me them go cross carpet...[/quote.

Yes o,even now patronages dey to attract and influence them. Some of the corrupt former governors in the senate can be promised some soft landing et al.

We see. Saraki won't be there for long. Another APC guy will succeed him.His successor will not be his loyalist,but Ekweremadu will stay as deputy.

African supreme presidency is all-powerful to override convenient and untested alliances.
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by waziri4biz: 8:50pm On Apr 22, 2016
Kastonkastroll:
dream dream dream, dream dream dream.. grin When saraki is finally booted out, ekweramadu won't be spared either.

APC senate president
APC deputy senate president, no more no less grin
Do u even know the logic of things. I mean do u think if buhari had anything on Ekweremadu he would have spaired till this time. Please think well
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by Okies27(m): 8:51pm On Apr 22, 2016
maupe:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/politics/pdp-takeover-of-senate-doom-for-buhari-yerima/143508.html
. APC lawmakers didn't reject the luxury cars. So ,nothing is gonna change in essence. Putting old wine in new skin causing damage since 1983.
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by lawsta(m): 8:55pm On Apr 22, 2016
Organs:

God, why didn't you create TippyTop a "cow" in Buhari's farm in Daura? Why, God why, that way we should have used him for pepper soup for christmas, but now you created him as a human being and he is on NL talking nonsense with cow brain.........
u are quite funny. LOL
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by Ijobaorun(m): 8:57pm On Apr 22, 2016
Nigeria politics should take a new phase. let's see how it works when opposition controls the Senate.
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by JusticeSeeker: 9:25pm On Apr 22, 2016
TippyTop:
PDP should be controlling the Senate by end of June. With Dogara's help Bubu may not spend up to 18months like he did in 1985.
I predict Buhari would be back amongst his beloved cows by Xmas.
You forgot that a good number of them were voted in because of Buhari. Was is not in Bauchi that a senator was recently stored because of his alleged romance with the Nigerian ambassador of corruption, Mr. Saraki? Recalling them is a simple task. Let them try it.
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by bashydemy(m): 9:40pm On Apr 22, 2016
apolonius:
Yerima is assuming that all PDP senators will vote for a PDP senate presidency.

The colours of politics are rarely black and white.

The forces pushing Saraki out of office are strategically building alliances with the PDP.

If the PDP is as united as some think,how come only one or two governors attended Alams organised by Mr Jonathan burial?

Has Mr Akpabio not gone silent as the leader of the PDP caucus in the senate in recent months?

Has Kashamu not been praising the APC-led government?

The idea that the PDP is united and strong enough to produce Saraki’s successor is a grand illusion.
Bro you are on point, Don't mind those small pikin that does no know what politics is. With all the number of PDP Governors back then Ameachi still win the NGF election against the wish of the PDP. So many PDP senators will even go against their own when the time comes.
Re: PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 22, 2016
TippyTop:
PDP should be controlling the Senate by end of June. With Dogara's help Bubu may not spend up to 18months like he did in 1985.
I predict Buhari would be back amongst his beloved cows by Xmas.
That will pave way for d military to bring their macho man a*ss back to power shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Headlines Atiku’s Campaign In Bayelsa As South-south Drums Support / Announcement From Turkish Embassy Abuja Concerning IPOB / Jonathan Doesn’t Deserve North’s Votes After Wife Abused Northerners – Mrs Buhar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.