Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Somali Men Appreciation Thread - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Somali Men Appreciation Thread (18670 Views)

How Many Of You Know About The Somali Slave Trade Of Blacks? / Beauty Of Somali Women / Why Aren't Somali Woman In Hollywood???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by WeissMaganti(m): 4:23pm On Apr 23, 2016
I also apologise for promoting a very untrue stereotype of Somalis. It is truly in our nature to defend our own, but I think you and I both need to develop a thicker skin, especially when it comes to posts specifically meant to rile us up. I have the utmost respect for Somalis, you've survived conditions most nations can't dream of and have still emerged with a retained sense of pride and patriotism.

Aldris Igen.

My other account was banned by an artificial bot.

2 Likes

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 4:26pm On Apr 23, 2016
Yeah a tougher skin is definitely needed.

I'm glad something positive came out of this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by WeissMaganti(m): 4:46pm On Apr 23, 2016
Somguy:
Yeah a tougher skin is definitely needed.

I'm glad something positive came out of this thread.

Yeah, me too.

1 Like

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by WeissMaganti(m): 5:00pm On Apr 23, 2016
"Little things seem like nothing, but they give peace, like those meadow flowers which individually seem odorless but all together perfume the air."

1 Like

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 5:14pm On Apr 23, 2016
nubian999:

for your mind yeah... like you said you are new. welcome. YOU don't decide who comments on a thread... Nl: 101.

I have no problem with you so don't make me your problem please. just enjoy nl and leave me out of it.

If you want to be treated with respect, learn how to respect others.

Saying things like "Nacas", "forever hold your peace" etc.. If you don't want to participate in a thread, just stop posting. I'm not telling you what to do, I'm just using common sense.

1 Like

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 23, 2016
Somguy:

If you want to be treated with respect, learn how to respect others.

Saying things like "Nacas", "forever hold your peace" etc.. If you don't want to participate in a thread, just stop posting. I'm not telling you what to do, I'm just using common sense.

Use your common sense on yourself.

I don't agree with you or what you stand for so abeg Allow me grin grin grin grin
Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by WeissMaganti(m): 5:19pm On Apr 23, 2016
Leave you out of it yet you keep commenting on HIS thread even when you're not invited. Gee, some people really define effortless stupidity. They really make it hard for someone not to insult them. I'm not one to judge but this man lady really has a despicable personality.

4 Likes

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 5:22pm On Apr 23, 2016
WeissMaganti:
Leave you out of it yet you keep commenting on HIS thread even when you're not invited. Gee, some people really define effortless stupidity. They really make it hard for someone not to insult them. I'm not one to judge but this man lady really has a despicable personality.

Some people just love the attention. Best to ignore them.

2 Likes

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by WeissMaganti(m): 5:22pm On Apr 23, 2016
Somguy:

Some people just love the attention. Best to ignore them.

Indeed!

2 Likes

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 23, 2016
Action Speaks Louder than words. cool
Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 23, 2016
Somguy:

This was in response to a very hateful thread. I've seen us being negatively stereotyped by other Africans before so I was trying to dispel some myths. In hindsight I see how this thread was kind of useless though. No point arguing over aesthetics.
The thread is good. It's important for Africans to know how other tribes look like because African people know little about each other. Am thinking of my own thread on our handsome Bantu men.

2 Likes

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by WeissMaganti(m): 6:04pm On Apr 23, 2016
blah93:
what a stupid person you are.
My suggest to you is to just end yourself.

This is an expensive statement mate, some people are really depressed and can actually accept your suggestion. I think she's just a spoilt attention seeking little girl who still has a lot to learn but recommending she roofs herself is a bit too far mate.

1 Like

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 23, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by WeissMaganti(m): 6:39pm On Apr 23, 2016
blah93:

I understand it's harsh but we shouldn't have much sympathy for these ignorant, hateful people who could give a damn about us!

nigga just go end yoself

Hmm, if that's your angle then I'm afraid I'll take no part in this.

There are a lot of beautiful things in life, why must we always focus on the negatives mate? Whatever he does, he's not physically affecting either of us so we can't blame him for our mental fragility. It's a free world, let's use this freedom to be positive even if others choose not to be.

You are playing into her hands by giving her the attention she so desperately craves. I think I'll retire to bed and sleep until the next season of penny dreadful (not game of thrones) is out.

"Even a blind man can tell when he's walking in the sun"

4 Likes

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by WeissMaganti(m): 6:47pm On Apr 23, 2016
Somguy, I think this thread has been derailed enough already. I encourage you to keep posting on the original topic, this thread is a landmark as it's the first of its kind on NL. Good night.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? / Emir Sanusi Wants To Stop Poor Men From Marrying More Than One Wife / Mixed Nigerians with maternal Nigerian ancestry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.