Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,075 members, 7,825,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Any Nairalander In Abidjan? - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? (184906 Views)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? / THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Harry4040: 12:34am On Jun 14, 2018
roughdiamond:
Whatever I write here is my personal experience.
I will choose business in Naija. Money can be made easier in Naija than here but you have all the basic amenities here. The amount you invest in your business mainly is a determinant factor of your return. It will worth it but with time. You shouldn't expect to make money the way it's made in Nigeria. Nigeria is a very rich country. Once they see you as a Nigerian here, na money go dey their minds. Though, there are many rich Nigerians here who have made too much money but how? I don't know. It will be better to source for your goods from Nigeria if you want to make reasonable gains.
This country is best for good living, comfort and rest of mind. I don't think an average Ivorian can be diagnosed of High blood pressure. They are too happy for that.

bro thanks for the update ....just wanna ask this question because no one have talk about it here ....how does G work goes there ? I mean yahoo...do you have any idea about or heard anything about it there ?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Harry4040: 12:41am On Jun 14, 2018
JWTheocracy1:

Air cote d'ivoire is the best bro. That's what I used in my first Arrival... But I will advise you to go through Young Shall grow, you will definitely enjoy the adventure through Benin, Togo, Ghana and the Ivory Coast. You will also save 70% of what you would waste on flight.

hello bro if I travel with by road please what are the requirement I will need to hold incase of check point? please I need to know asap please bro
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by cutieme(m): 7:08am On Jun 14, 2018
Harry4040:

bro thanks for the update ....just wanna ask this question because no one have talk about it here ....how does G work goes there ? I mean yahoo...do you have any idea about or heard anything about it there ?
Na G u wan go do for there? TUFIAKWA!

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Harry4040: 10:24am On Jun 14, 2018
cutieme:
Na G u wan go do for there? TUFIAKWA!

you misunderstood me...I dont mean that is my reason for going there I only ask because a friend who said he wants to go with me ask me about it and I decide to ask here if anyone knows about it ...what is TUFIAKWA .....PEOPLE NO DEY DO AM THERE ? if u dont have any idea better just keep silent ....than acting like a saint �� I work as a computer engineer and I also buy and sell laptops ...that is what I do...not yahoo�
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by suyamasta(m): 4:04pm On Jun 18, 2018
Harry4040:

Kai all this our fake nollywoody blogs have impressioned young guys out there that Gboys/yahu boizm is something, bro dat tin called gboy or yahoo boy is a scammers scam just as they tried to make blood money look realistic all na scam they hold no water bro,

yes people scam people online by employing deceptive means like sales of fake products etc but people have become wiser ! The energy u will spend on looking for a fool to fall into your trap is a waste of time whereas you could have used that energy and time for legit hustles like trading or providing valuable services that people will pay for ! Make nobody scam u say yahu/Gboizm na real life o its all fake and hype go legit and make the money bro Peace!!!

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by onatisi(m): 7:17pm On Jun 18, 2018
Harry4040:

to answer ur question , yes there are scammers everywhere operating . some successfully while many others aren't successful, but the only snag is this and this mostly applies to most francophone countries . if you as a Nigerian is caught , you will wish to spend the rest of your life in the worst kirikiri prison in Nigeria than in their prison because firstly they dont give light sentences for crimes committed by Nigerians and that is if you are lucky not to killed extra judicially , their prison terms may start from 30 years upward and they will make that place the worst hell on earth for that Nigeria. ask and google about Nigerians in Ghana prisons , so the person going there may still try his or her luck , it is a free world but there is almost 70%chance he or she will b caught.

THE CHOICE IS YOURS

http://www.nigerianhcaccra.org/nigerian-inmates-in-ghanaian-prisons-ask-fg-to-hasten-prison-transfer-deal/

"They however complained of discriminatory high prison terms of between 50 years and 105 years meted on some of them by the Ghanaian Judiciary and therefore appealed to the Nigerian Government to take up the issue with the Ghanaian Government."

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1186149

https://www.bellanaija.com/2014/07/over-70-nigerians-in-prisons-in-abidjan/

http://www..com/talk/topic,210483.0.html
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 3:16pm On Jun 23, 2018
Anybody going to Ivory coast for G is on his own o and will regret it.

When those gerdames get you, you are in big shit, when they find out you are Nigerian, you are in bigger shit, Any ways no need to talk much, a trial will convince you

Nigerians always exporting theur yama yama behaviour everywhere undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 3:20pm On Jun 23, 2018
onatisi:

to answer ur question , yes there are scammers everywhere operating . some successfully while many others aren't successful, but the only snag is this and this mostly applies to most francophone countries . if you as a Nigerian is caught , you will wish to spend the rest of your life in the worst kirikiri prison in Nigeria than in their prison because firstly they dont give light sentences for crimes committed by Nigerians and that is if you are lucky not to killed extra judicially , their prison terms may start from 30 years upward and they will make that place the worst hell on earth for that Nigeria. ask and google about Nigerians in Ghana prisons , so the person going there may still try his or her luck , it is a free world but there is almost 70%chance he or she will b caught.

THE CHOICE IS YOURS

http://www.nigerianhcaccra.org/nigerian-inmates-in-ghanaian-prisons-ask-fg-to-hasten-prison-transfer-deal/

"They however complained of discriminatory high prison terms of between 50 years and 105 years meted on some of them by the Ghanaian Judiciary and therefore appealed to the Nigerian Government to take up the issue with the Ghanaian Government."

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1186149

https://www.bellanaija.com/2014/07/over-70-nigerians-in-prisons-in-abidjan/

http://www..com/talk/topic,210483.0.html

My man @onatisi how far?

No need to tell rhem; a trial will convince them
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 3:38pm On Jun 23, 2018
roughdiamond:
Whatever I write here is my personal experience.
I will choose business in Naija. Money can be made easier in Naija than here but you have all the basic amenities here. The amount you invest in your business mainly is a determinant factor of your return. It will worth it but with time. You shouldn't expect to make money the way it's made in Nigeria. Nigeria is a very rich country. Once they see you as a Nigerian here, na money go dey their minds. Though, there are many rich Nigerians here who have made too much money but how? I don't know. It will be better to source for your goods from Nigeria if you want to make reasonable gains.
This country is best for good living, comfort and rest of mind. I don't think an average Ivorian can be diagnosed of High blood pressure. They are too happy for that.

I tell you

Dem like enjoyment pass anything grin
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 3:44pm On Jun 23, 2018
roughdiamond:
I will suggest you narrow your choice of accommodation location to your place of business/work. That way, you will save enough money from transportation. Transportation is not cheap unless you live close to where you can access Sortra buses. Koumassi is cheap but I won't even advise my enemy to come and live here. They highly lack good road, very dirty and most times, no direct woro woro to one's destination. I will suggest you start with a low budget house first and look for your choice with time. Due to high cost of things, settling down is always difficult and you need to concentrate more on earning a living (Business/work) first.(when I get your business area, I will advise properly on accommodation area)
You can buy many things from Nigeria and sell here (Electronics, auto parts, drinks, Naija foods etc) but selling them will be a very difficult task. Unless you have somebody already on ground willing to buy or help you sell. Yes you can still withdraw from SGBCI and BCICI bank but if you plan to come and establish a business here, I will suggest you leave your money with your Nigerian bank and come with updated banking applications that can allow you make transactions online. Almost all the Nigerian business people I know here source their goods from Nigeria. I will stop here for now. You can ask more questions where you need clarification and I will try my best.
Note : life in Naija is free compared to here

you know things are not really costly there in the real sense of it.

it's because of the depreciating Naira

I mean if 1000 CFA = 320 as it used to be in the good old days, it may not seem too costly

Naira na im dey fall person hand
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Fpxchange: 10:08pm On Jun 23, 2018
Abidjan is sweet if you have money, but if you are going there to hussle you must have someone living there to put you through.

You might regret the decision to travel there if your trip is not properly planned. You cannot easilly get a good job here. Some Nigerians are teaching here though, but most of them are not earning good salaries. There are few of them that works with international schools here.

There are lots of Nigerians here, some are beginning to constitute nuisance already. If you must travel, please arrange money that is enough for you to settle down and start a business.

If you have any vocational skill you are good to go.

Some areas are very very dirty; places like annomombo, Koumassi and Abobo.

Houseflies are no big deals for people in Abidjan, grin

roughdiamond:
I will suggest you narrow your choice of accommodation location to your place of business/work. That way, you will save enough money from transportation. Transportation is not cheap unless you live close to where you can access Sortra buses. Koumassi is cheap but I won't even advise my enemy to come and live here. They highly lack good road, very dirty and most times, no direct woro woro to one's destination. I will suggest you start with a low budget house first and look for your choice with time. Due to high cost of things, settling down is always difficult and you need to concentrate more on earning a living (Business/work) first.(when I get your business area, I will advise properly on accommodation area)
You can buy many things from Nigeria and sell here (Electronics, auto parts, drinks, Naija foods etc) but selling them will be a very difficult task. Unless you have somebody already on ground willing to buy or help you sell. Yes you can still withdraw from SGBCI and BCICI bank but if you plan to come and establish a business here, I will suggest you leave your money with your Nigerian bank and come with updated banking applications that can allow you make transactions online. Almost all the Nigerian business people I know here source their goods from Nigeria. I will stop here for now. You can ask more questions where you need clarification and I will try my best.
Note : life in Naija is free compared to here
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 11:41pm On Jun 23, 2018
Fpxchange:
Abidjan is sweet if you have money, but if you are going there to hussle you must have someone living there to put you through.

You might regret the decision to travel there if your trip is not properly planned. You cannot easilly get a good job here. Some Nigerians are teaching here though, but most of them are not earning good salaries. There are few of them that works with international schools here.

There are lots of Nigerians here, some are beginning to constitute nuisance already. If you must travel, please arrange money that is enough for you to settle down and start a business.

If you have any vocational skill you are good to go.

Some areas are very very dirty; places like annomombo, Koumassi and Abobo.

Houseflies are no big deals for people in Abidjan, grin

You are right tho

Having like 2-3million CFA and a reasonable business idea is a ticket to a better life in Abidjan imo

You rent a good house for a year

You rent a store (depending on the business)

And you fall in accordingly.

But to go there and find work is challenging

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by gamaliel9: 7:34am On Jun 24, 2018
Ugosample:

You are right tho

Having like 2-3million CFA and a reasonable business idea is a ticket to a better life in Abidjan imo

So for someone going on a one month vacation $2000 is ok...that is a little over 1.2million CFA. with a good hotel of 10,000CFA...Are you good to go?

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by gamaliel9: 7:37am On Jun 24, 2018
Ugosample:

You are right tho

So $2000[about 1.2millionCFA] is ok for one month vacation there,with a good hotel of 10,000CFA?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 9:14am On Jun 24, 2018
gamaliel9:

So $2000[about 1.2millionCFA] is ok for one month vacation there,with a good hotel of 10,000CFA?

$2000 is Ok for a one month vacation in my opinion
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by BECALMBECALM(m): 9:27am On Jun 24, 2018
Ugosample, you mean just 2-3million CFA can start a good business in Abidjan?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 9:31am On Jun 24, 2018
BECALMBECALM:
Ugosample, you mean just 2-3million CFA can start a good business in Abidjan?

Of course!

My cousins even started with FAR less

But that was a long time ago
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by gentlesoulalive: 11:46am On Jun 24, 2018
Please can anyone help me with the latest transport rate. From Lagos to Abidjan.

Someone contacted me earlier and gave me a breakdown .

He said and I quote " with my virgin passport , he said I will pay up to #12,000 as boarder pass.

Hr said its cheaper when using national I.d card ,

From Lagos to cotonu #4,000
From cotonu to Abidjan #22,000

What if I decided to travel direct , will my passport be useless ,
I have gotten a teaching offer there already ,
The pay with my HND qualification is #25,000

Please nairalanders what do you think about this rated

Transport fare
And also job salary of #25,000 for a start .
The person provides accommodation
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by gentlesoulalive: 11:48am On Jun 24, 2018
Please can anyone help me with the latest transport rate. From Lagos to Abidjan.

He said and I quote " with my virgin passport , he said I will pay up to #12,000 as boarder pass.

Transport fare
The person provides accommodation [
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Fpxchange: 12:24pm On Jun 24, 2018
How can you travel all the way because of 25,000 salary??

Please note: 100,000 cfa is a bad salary in Abidjan because life is expensive here. Please don't take the 25,000 job as an HND holder.

There are lots of shameless and fraustrated people here, they ptactically sleep in cyber cafes. From my observation 95% of them are from a particular tribe in Nigeria.

Some people are just too lazy to think of legitimate ways to make money. I pretend like i am not a Nigerian when i see them because of what they do.

There PG's out there looking for you guys hoping to come here to do Yahoo. #FACT. If you are cought here eeeehhhhhnnnnn............

gentlesoulalive:

Transport fare
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 2:50pm On Jun 25, 2018
gentlesoulalive:

Transport fare
How do you plan to survive with such salary here? It may not even be enough for your accommodation alone.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Latuunde: 6:19pm On Jun 25, 2018
gud evening here...plz, will a budget of 500k takia of me settling down ova dere likewise starting up a gud business too
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 7:40pm On Jun 25, 2018
Latuunde:
gud evening here...plz, will a budget of 500k takia of me settling down ova dere likewise starting up a gud business too

Hmmm I no go lie you, that budget id right now in 2018

If it was back in the day, when 320000 was 1000000 CFA ; that your money would be at least 1.6 to 1.7 m (estimating not sure I'm accurate) It would have been fine

but right not, that your money cannot even get you 1m cfa

I'm not discouraging you o, but that budget dey tight

You will enter transport

You will stay in hotel before you find an apartment

You go chop

etc

God bless
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 7:42pm On Jun 25, 2018
Fpxchange:
How can you travel all the way because of 25,000 salary??

Please note: 100,000 cfa is a bad salary in Abidjan because life is expensive here. Please don't take the 25,000 job as an HND holder.

There are lots of shameless and fraustrated people here, they ptactically sleep in cyber cafes. From my observation 95% of them are from a particular tribe in Nigeria.

Some people are just too lazy to think of legitimate ways to make money. I pretend like i am not a Nigerian when i see them because of what they do.

There PG's out there looking for you guys hoping to come here to do Yahoo. #FACT. If you are cought here eeeehhhhhnnnnn............

These our country men disgracing us

Dem full youpougon

That's why I am very selective with my crew

I no wan gbege
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 7:47pm On Jun 25, 2018
gentlesoulalive:

Transport fare

25k naira is a BAD salary both in Nigeria and Ivory Coast!

It's not worth the investment in transport my guy to be very honest with you

Your best bet to succeed in this country is to raise some money for business, and then establish there

Ivory coast is an investor's paradise

but coming to look for job?

If it's not AfDB or other international agencies or maybe the banks, laisse ça mon frère, faut laisse tomber
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Latuunde: 7:55pm On Jun 25, 2018
Ugosample:

Hmmm I no go lie you, that budget id right now in 2018

If it was back in the day, when 320000 was 1000000 CFA ; that your money would be at least 1.6 to 1.7 m (estimating not sure I'm accurate) It would have been fine

but right not, that your money cannot even get you 1m cfa

I'm not discouraging you o, but that budget dey tight

You will enter transport

You will stay in hotel before you find an apartment

You go chop

etc

God bless

watz ur candid advice plz.....aw mch can u suggest with d current look of tinz?

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 8:02pm On Jun 25, 2018
Latuunde:

watz ur candid advice plz.....aw mch can u suggest with d current look of tinz?

From 2million CFA upwards

That's just my thought and should not be taken as fact cast in stone

People come here with less and make it eventually via business, but the journey was tortuous

For a relatively seamless integration into the Ivorian economy, the more money you carry, the better for you o my man.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by showmethemoney(m): 11:15pm On Jun 25, 2018
Ugosample:

From 2million CFA upwards

That's just my thought and should not be taken as fact cast in stone

People come here with less and make it eventually via business, but the journey was tortuous

For a relatively seamless integration into the Ivorian economy, the more money you carry, the better for you o my man.
What about attician. I mean like electrical engr
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by peacengine(m): 4:42am On Jun 26, 2018
gentlesoulalive:

Transport fare

Bro, it's only in Naija u can survive on this, raise money for better business there
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 8:14am On Jun 26, 2018
peacengine:

Bro, it's only in Naija u can survive on this, raise money for better business there

You can't even survive with that kind of money in Nigeria

It's just that the person earning that is in his own area with family to support and all

But if you are on your own with dependants on N25k in Nigeria, how will you cope
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by peacengine(m): 8:23am On Jun 26, 2018
Ugosample:

You can't even survive with that kind of money in Nigeria

It's just that the person earning that is in his own area with family to support and all

But if you are on your own with dependants on N25k in Nigeria, how will you cope

Bro, a single guy/girl with free house on N25K will survive here in Naija. Don't forget minimum wage here is N18K, cost of living in states here differ, forget that thing. If you know you know
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 8:25am On Jun 26, 2018
peacengine:

Bro, a single guy/girl with free house on N25K will survive here in Naija. Don't forget minimum wage here is N18K, cost of living in states here differ, forget that thing. If you know you know

It's the same thing we are saying

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (51) (Reply)

8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.