Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,490 members, 7,836,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

The Unintellegent & Naive Southerners - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Unintellegent & Naive Southerners (857 Views)

FFK: "Why Ibe Kachikwu Has Not Seen Buhari. PMB Sees All Southerners As Slaves" / North Cautions Yoruba, Southerners On Clamour For 1963 Constitution / Return Home Now, Afenifere Tells Southerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unintellegent & Naive Southerners by Reinvented: 2:42pm On Apr 23, 2016
The average southerner thinks himself to be smart, educated and often downgrade his Northern counterpart. Blinded by this belief, he let off his guard while the North who they term uneducated, gworo eating, cattle rearer keeps dominating them. In fact, they have become slaves in the same country they claim to be citizens of. My apologies to Vomm who has dealt extravagantly on this topic: https://www.nairaland.com/3064299/southerners-slaves-think-themselves-masters. In fact, it would appear that the poster of above topic took it off my shelf. However, I will touch on other issues may be different from Vomm.

Recently, there was a news report that Boko Haram is luring Northern youths with loans to join the terror group https://www.nairaland.com/3060858/boko-haram-recruiting-youths-loans. Disturbing as this news was, I reckon that most of the commentators on this topic have as always been Southerners. The North who should be more concerned have largely remained silent. They are awaiting the verdict of the naive Southerners. As expected, the southerners have started falling for the bubu-trap. I even read that former Jonathan media adviser, Reno Omokri mocked APC that because of their failure to pay N5000, Boko Haram is taking advantage of the situation. How naive! It is true that there is poverty in the North East, but has anyone stopped to ask the army the source of this information? If the army can identity the source of the information, by now those promising or offering the loans are actually Boko Haram members. Why not begin to arrest them? Such an intelligence report was not meant for public consumption, rather an opportunity to fish out the Boko haram members in the communities. So, I think this is a bubu-trap. Now my point is that this story may be another alarm to generate debate for the reason for government to take up the responsibility of providing these loans, a sort of "amnesty payment to the North". In fact some people already attributed the government failure as the reason Boko Hram is now luring people with such loans. Good enough, Buhari has provided billions for the very poor and vulnerable in the 2016 budget. By the time this debate has garnered enough support, one senator would present a bill for provision of loans to the Northern youth. While the Southerners are busy abusing Niger-Delta militants, an equivalent payment is already loading for the North. Those who would champion the course would be "smart" Southerners.

Another issue that has been on the front burner is the incursion of the Fulani herdsmen. In Nigeria, it is only the Northerner that can carry a weapon openly without being questioned. If a Southerner is found with a gun, be he a hunter, the police would arrest him. This is in the same country. I did my service up North, Bauchi State to be precise, so I know what I am talking about. I was surprised to see people brandish sword in public then. Today, it is AK 47. In Bauchi, I will just take just one location, Tafawa Balewa, as a case study for whoever wants to know how the Fulanis operate. According to Associated Press, "The Sayawas are in the majority in the town and its surrounding villages, but their traditional rulers have been of the predominantly Muslim Fulani ethnic group. The Sayawas have demanded a separate traditional ruler, which has led to attacks and counterattacks over the past two decades." In 2011, Bauchi State, Governor Isa Yuguda, an ethnic Fulani, threatened to demolish Tafawa Balewa so that peace would reign. The people then held an "emergency joint stakeholders meeting of Muslims and Christians representatives of Tafawa Balewa and Bogoro local government areas" and an agreement was reached. Yet in 2012, Isa Yaguda and the muslim dominated house of assembly, relocated the LGA Hqr. from Tafawa Balewa, a predominantly christian town to Bununu town. The Sayawa Council of Elders and Traditional Rulers in Tafawa Balewa and Bogoro local councils of Bauchi State condemned the relocation, in fact, Hon. Rifkatu Samson Danna, representing Bogoro Constituency and the only female member of the Bauchi State House of Assembly, was suspended from her post after her opposition to the decision. As it turned, the people of Southern Bauchi have all been conquered by the Fulanis. The same fate befell Jos in 2010. Remember the Jos violence of 2010, that was another test case. Today, Jos and in fact Plateau State has been overran. I will not not waste your time talking about Kaduna South, Taraba state and Benue. The conquest is on-going. It has gone South now, the Fulanis have attacked almost every state in the South, up to Delta State. So, question is WHAT NEXT?

To resolve the issues of Fulani herdsmen and their attack on host communities, a National Grazing Bill is on the floor of the Nigeria senate. I have read of Senator Ben Bruce's rejection of the bill on Twitters, I am not sure if other Southern Senators and including BMB have also stood their ground on the floor of the senate to reject the bill. In Nigeria, it is said that the "majority would have their way, while the minority would have their say". Now how would a National grazing bill affect the Southerners? Answer is simple! Just the same way Southern Bauchi, Southern Kaduna, Plateau, Benue have or are being conquered, that is how every town and village in which the proposed grazing sites would be located would be conquered. Imagine, now there is not extant law backing Fulani occupation of any community, yet they move into these communities, kill, burn houses, and go scot-free. What would happen when a Nigerian law backs them up!!! This very grave plan is being hatched, yet the Southerners are busy texting their Senators on Saraki issue, a Saraki that best case has only three years left as Senate president is seen as a more important issue to that which could destroy the foundation of Southerners.

While in China, our president saw the need to wipe out the Niger-Delta militants the way he has 'wiped out' Boko Haram. You can guess that the majority of those supporting the president statements are from the South. The North has as usual remained largely silent on the statement. Check NL, twitters, Facebook, you would see how Southerners attack the Niger-Delta militants. Now get me right, I am not advocating violence and do not support any violent acts of the Niger-Deltans, but have we ever considered for a moment if the Nigerian oil resource was in Kano, if the Southerner would have any say? Have you ever considered the ecological impact of the oil business? What is wrong with the amnesty arrangement brokered by Yardua and Jonathan, that we now want to escalate the violence? I think it is bravado and in the spirit of continuous conquest. As usual, a Southerner, Pastor Yemi Osinbajo was delegated to flag-off the destruction of Southern communities in search of militants and the same Southerners are praising him as the "only active VP since independence". Has it ever occurred you Southerners that gold mining has continued unchecked in Zamfara State? Who is arresting the illegal miners or is illegal gold mining not a crime? All you and I know is that the sum of $5.4m (£3.25m) was released by Federal Government to allowed international organisations to begin cleaning the worst of the contaminated areas because of lead poisoning. The Niger-Delta communities contaminated by years of oil exploration has only been approved for cleaning by Mr,. President. Not even sure if the padded budget has it or it have been re-allocated to areas of "better need" like the case of the coastal rail.

The national conference organised by Jonathan was a well thought out opportunity to create an enduring Nigerian state. Every part of Nigeria participated and clear cut decisions on how best Nigerians can co-exist together were enunciated, debated and consensus reached. While the South is waiting for the document to be looked into, the North has decided that it was not necessary, because according to them, "This New Nation called Nigeria, should be an estate of our great grandfather, Uthman Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We use the minorities in the North as willing tools, and the South, as conquered territory and never allow them to rule over us, and never allow them to have control over their future." ---Sir Ahmadu Bello, Sardauna of Sokoto in THE PARROT of October 12, 1960 Then even as far back as 1964, hear Mallam Bala Garuba, "The conquest to the sea is now in sight. When our god-sent Ahmadu Bello said some years ago that our conquest will reach the sea shores of Nigeria, some idiots in the South were doubting its possibilities. Today have we not reached the sea? Lagos is reached. It remains Port-Harcourt. It must be conquered and taken." --- Mallam Bala Garuba in WEST AFRICAN PILOT, December 30, 1964. Then, more recently, Usman Bugaje, a prominent Northern leader said, "it is wrong for any state to claim that it is oil producing because 72% of the total land mass in the country belonged to the North and that by the United Nation’s law; it is only the North that actually has the right to claim ownership." see link here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-4c9-Yf0-k

On a final note, Southerners (Igbos, Yorubas, Edos, Urhobos, Itsekiris, ijaws, Efik, Cross River, Akwai-Ibom, etc), [size=14pt]OUR MUMU DON DO!!![/size] We fight online, call ourselves names, chest beat and that is all. Imagine if the president today is a Southerner, without fuel, no light, the economy grounded, the gap between the official and parallel value of the dollar is N120, we Southerners would have started the process of impeaching him. In fact, check out those who attacked Jonathan most. Oby Ezekwesili of BBOG fame, Femi Falana, a renown social critics of Southerners, Sahara Reporters (owned by Southerners), Premium Times (owned by Southerners), Japhet Omojuwa, Dele Momodu, etc.
We call our own "clueless, Ogogoro drinking and Ineffectual buffoon", yes we Southerners created those titles. Have you heard any Northerner call Buhari names in spite of the state of the nation

1 Like

Re: The Unintellegent & Naive Southerners by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 23, 2016
We gave up British colonial rule in 1960 for Hausa-Fulani internal neo-colonialism.

Let's face it. Hausa-Fulani own Nigeria.Southerners have learnt to not just embrace their servitude but cherish it. Cowardice has conditioned their DNA. Peace at any cost is their mantra.
Re: The Unintellegent & Naive Southerners by Ramanto(m): 3:11pm On Apr 23, 2016
In As Much As I Will Like To Read This To The End, It's Unfortunate I'm Not With My Glasses.
Op, Your Plight Has Been Noted. May God Do The Best
Re: The Unintellegent & Naive Southerners by cocoduck: 3:13pm On Apr 23, 2016
jerseyboy:
We gave up British colonial rule in 1960 for Hausa-Fulani internal neo-colonialism.

Let's face it. Hausa-Fulani own Nigeria.Southerners have learnt to not just embrace their servitude but cherish it. Cowardice has conditioned their DNA. Peace at any cost is their mantra.

I as a Biafran is a field niggar is fighting for my freedom, but unfortunately the house niggars make fun of me because they feed on crumbs from the master's table and as such thy feel they have arrived and are in heaven
Re: The Unintellegent & Naive Southerners by possibilita(m): 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2016
That's life 4 d southerners.
Re: The Unintellegent & Naive Southerners by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 23, 2016
Don't talk about naive Southerners. Talk about naive Christians. Your Balewa LGA example bears this out. The brand of xtianity here makes people weak, timid & naive - TALKING OF HEAVEN & YET AFRAID TO DIE. Imagine someone publicly saying there will be bloodshed now that PMB is there. But he said it under womanic GEJ & wasn't even querried.
Re: The Unintellegent & Naive Southerners by 49cents(m): 4:35pm On Apr 23, 2016
Well Said OP

This is the biggest issue but it has been reduced to APC/PDP....

It has been reduced to infighting amongst the south

Sadly it will continue like this because the south is a house divided against itself
Re: The Unintellegent & Naive Southerners by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 23, 2016
cocoduck:

I as a Biafran is a field niggar is fighting for my freedom, but unfortunately the house niggars make fun of me because they feed on crumbs from the master's table and as such thy feel they have arrived and are in heaven
The greatest slavery is that of the mind. So congratz for not letting ur mind be under them as many in South West & North Central have. To those i sing with Bob 'emancipate yourself from mental slavery; none but ourselves can free our minds." It is not as ignoble to be a slave as to accept it.
Re: The Unintellegent & Naive Southerners by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 23, 2016
I hope by Southern you are including SE, because right before you were born SE knew that this union called Nigeria is one sided and has fought but genuinly and selfishly for her emancipiation. But my brothers SW for reasons which I am yet to figure out have consistently sided with the North even when it is obvious SW is not better off than SE in terms of what they benefits from the system.

(1) (Reply)

Pics:Young Girl,her 5 Friends & Driver Die In Car Accident Along Kumo-Gombe Road / Man Attempts Suicide By Climbing Electrical Pole In Lekki. / Just After One Year, See The Present State Of Looters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.