Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,790 members, 7,810,054 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School (46067 Views)

FUTA Final Year Students Sign Out In Style (Photos) / Male Students Sign On Boobs Of Female Students (PICS) / Unilag Students Sleep Outside Over Re-absorption Forms (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by October1960: 3:40am On Apr 24, 2016
Nigeria filling out lots of paper work that just gets placed in a disorganized pile and never seen again.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by muzeze77: 3:43am On Apr 24, 2016
This type of nonsense does not happen in my school , the greatest of the great UNIBEN, when uniben sneezes the whole country catches cold
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Hummerchoko(m): 4:08am On Apr 24, 2016
Laffs

em wan turn am to Advanced secondary sch b dat na

oshiii
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by wilcox(m): 4:36am On Apr 24, 2016
olalekan9320:
all those forms are already in place in unilorin,,, am even feeling as if d forms are plagiarized
There's no plagiarism here, it is a standard all over the world so don't feel as if it was written by a professor in UNILORIN
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Joshuasbox(m): 6:29am On Apr 24, 2016
YabaTech started all these.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by April4th(m): 6:48am On Apr 24, 2016
It's nothing new, we signed same thing during Omotola's tenure as VC.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by JustOzito(f): 7:04am On Apr 24, 2016
in RSUST we call it amnesty form. that's y u don't hear of strike and protest
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by druxy(m): 7:04am On Apr 24, 2016
olalekan9320:
. no,it is a primary school, so u want to compare better by far with ur sch
better by kini...kikiki..*laughs in swahili*
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by mzlizabelle(f): 7:12am On Apr 24, 2016
Deeypeey:
OAU no kuku do me anything...na unilorin be useless skul

Tell me how many times University of Ilorin refused you admission into the school, maybe then would I understand your pain for referring to the school as a useless one.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Phobia1: 7:17am On Apr 24, 2016
adeaks:
Great move by the university management.

Some students want to do their course and graduate at the right time, not spending 6yrs for a 4yrs course due to the closure of the school at various times as a result of student protests.

There are more sensible ways of discussing with the management and ventilating your grievances..... not that you just close the school gate and start protesting at any slight discomfort undecided
bfor i spoketh my mind ehn, make i ask which sch u go? dats if u don grad. abi whic sch u dey if ur stil in uni?
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by blackprowler: 7:39am On Apr 24, 2016
Student unionism is also an imposition on students. It is wrong too. Empty vessels. When I got into university, nobody came to market student union to me, telling me how it would help me. They just brought their fees for me to pay. Why should that be? What are they doing besides practising how to be confrontational in preparing for politics and "activism" after school. Even while in school there they're already cutting deals with politicians and making money for their private pockets. Why couldn't they pick an interest in me to discover I knew political issues much more than all of them combined while I was in universities? Just like in the real Nigerian society, student union is also an exclusive club where they're feathering their own nests and don't want an "outsider" to come in and preach a morality they can only dream of. All of Nigeria is a mess
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 24, 2016
Equalizer:
You can't try this rubbish in ESHOOT or IMT... Imagine dissolving the SUG.. Omo! Na then the real protest go start nah.
re u a student of esut?
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by tennyson10: 7:47am On Apr 24, 2016
Genea:
I can't sell my birthright, I'm not Esau..... I am not a slave and dis isn't an era of dictatorship.... no to Unilag management manipulation

I have a feeling that you've already signed the form sef grin grin grin
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by seguntijan(m): 7:49am On Apr 24, 2016
The Power of Actions!!!

Now that we have no voice, that our freedom is at stake. Now that we can't sleep with our eyes closed, and we have been shown what Germans felt like under Hitler. Now that we have been told that conducive learning is not our lot, that we don't deserve to bathe to classes. Now that we've been blatantly confronted with a new lifestyle of suffering under silence. Now that we've been conscripted to everlasting years of moral and academic enslavement.

Now.

Now exactly is when we need to remind the University of Lagos management that when the people got tired of Hitler, he became unpopular. And when he became unpopular he was ousted. Now is when the generality of Unilag students need to stand up and walk tall against the dictatorial propensities, exhibited without respect for humanity and reverence of posterity, by the Unilag management.

I was not suspended, neither was I rusticated; and I was not expelled. I see no reason why I should be readmitted!!!

This is not time for cowardice but bravery. A time not for the myopic but the visionary. A time when the few will emancipate the majority, and only those brave few will be fortunate to have their deeds and names on the luster pages of history and posterity.

Unilag students says no to management's highhandedness!!!
No to reabsorption and readmission forms!!!
Yes to right to dignity; freedom of expression; assembly and; speech!!!
Let lecturers practise what they teach!!!

#iRefuseToSign

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by EmekaBlue(m): 8:05am On Apr 24, 2016
grin na here d sch catch d students...Legal war...Omo students no go put ur papa or mama e.t.c thr come misbehave o...#GlorifiedSecSch
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by basadenet: 8:06am On Apr 24, 2016
This look like death warrant.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by tennyson10: 8:15am On Apr 24, 2016
Priska02:
WHY I WILL NOT SIGN FRIVOLOUS FORMS AND TAKE UNHOLY OATHS....PART 1

Today, despondency creeps stealthily with alarming rapidity into our political ecosystems as a result of continuous leadership violations of human rights with perpetual impunity and unlicensed immunity....

While I do not sympathise with "kangaroo protests and protesters" I will never watch rights to be violated by unconstitutional administrative rule makings. It is my humble submission that the administrative policies and conditions set out by the management for the so-called readmission of students is unconstitutional and is in no way corollary to the power of administrative rule making conferred on the management by virtue of the Enabling Act (Unilag Act) which established the institution in 1962...

We have a right to freedom of association by virtue of section 40. With due respect, the management erred in law when it said that students must only join union it recognises. We have a right to associate and dissociate.

In like manner, we also have a right to free conscience which includes personal determinism and free will... I may choose to take oath or not...I may not take one if it's against my personal or religious belief systems. This is premised on the strength of section 38..

I was never expelled so why should I be readmitted... With due respect, management eroded logicality when it calls the process readmission or reabsorption process. School was shut down , students were not expelled... They are two different things.

You may take away my chapter 2 rights by virtue of section 6(6)b.. But I tell you, that authority has never be created that will dare violate my chapter 4 rights by virtue of section 46.... Simply put, if the managers of Unilag choose not to give me light, water , accommodation, etc I may not protest because the court may not listen to me on ground of non-justiciability ...but no authority can violate chap. 4 rights with impunity...

The Oath Act, LFN, clearly outlaws unnecessary oath taking and repetition of oaths...

I can take Quaker's White Oats for as much as I can , but I can't take legal oaths anyhow.

#Da-Sage
#myhumblesubmissions
#istandforhumanrights.com

It's just painful that after writing such a long story,you'll still have to sign the form. Truth be told ... This has become a fight we can't win eventually...
No matter how dogmatic, we would have to still obey.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by youngsahito(m): 8:25am On Apr 24, 2016
charles316:
When will they realise that they are in school to read and not to protest at every silly thing.

No wonder they come out unemployable.
who you don EPP?
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by adebayour26: 8:26am On Apr 24, 2016
[size=28pt]It's called BACK UP PLAN[/size] by the school management.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by MisterB13: 8:30am On Apr 24, 2016
Abeg wetin concern the school if person nroll for any other course in another university... na them wan pay/ study for me
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by charles316: 8:36am On Apr 24, 2016
youngsahito:
who you don EPP?

Why the help are you in school? For someone to help you? Are you that intellectually lazy? Why your brain no fit EPP you?
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by druxy(m): 8:40am On Apr 24, 2016
mzlizabelle:

Tell me how many times University of Ilorin refused you admission into the school, maybe then would I understand your pain for referring to the school as a useless one.
it wouldnt have been painful if they wernt admitting dunder-heads in place of those dah should be admitted..
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by thesicilian: 8:52am On Apr 24, 2016
banmee:

I see nothing wrong with it. Those are all the rules a normal person should follow without being told. Keyword here is "normal". Well, we all know there aren't too many normal people in Nigeria today though.

See item 6 on the Reabsorption Oath Form: No student should apply for any course of study in any other institution whether full time or part time simply because he or she is a unilag student? How backward is that?

No great university allows its SUG, the voice of the students, to be dissolved. If they want to shut down the school indefinitely, let them go ahead. Let's see who blinks first. The problem with this new generation of students is that they are too faint hearted, probably too young to make their voices heard.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Genea(f): 9:19am On Apr 24, 2016
tennyson10:

I have a feeling that you've already signed the form sef grin grin grin
iffahear, dey r high on shisha
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Genea(f): 9:19am On Apr 24, 2016
fyneguy:

Why? u wan join cult ni?
no but I am fighting for my right...
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Genea(f): 9:21am On Apr 24, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

I know that, the students ate fighting for their rights. Those old men controlling Nigerian schools are greedy, wicked and liars. I like your response on her Facebook page. Thumbs up.
tnx dear and tnx for understanding... we need ppl like you who are not biased
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by kellyboo: 9:38am On Apr 24, 2016
mzlizabelle:

In terms of mode of entry unilorin is the most corrupt institution in the world. 99% of unilorin students came in through the back door...either through emir's list or one top professor.
I have a friend that was admitted to study mathematics who did not write PUTME in unilorin....mind I based in Ilorin but am a product of UNIBEN
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by FILEBE(m): 9:55am On Apr 24, 2016
halfricanadian:
this is not fair o
embarassed Ulsu helped alot and so mch
something can be done o. I just fear that school. They have slys as students.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by FILEBE(m): 10:00am On Apr 24, 2016
Genea:
I can't sell my birthright, I'm not Esau..... I am not a slave and dis isn't an era of dictatorship.... no to Unilag management manipulation

nice one Girl! We shouldn't let this happen. I just fear some sly lords and ladies who have started filling the damn form!
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by beetle24(f): 10:06am On Apr 24, 2016
Deeypeey:
I have a feeling its OAU
. Greatest Ife unionism don't compromise on cheap threat evidently it can only happen in Maulag sorry unilag... Ife unionism leads other follow
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:09am On Apr 24, 2016
Genea:
tnx dear and tnx for understanding... we need ppl like you who are not biased
You are welcome. I hope ULSU won't succumb to their pressure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions / Decomposing Body Of A Female Unizik Student Found In Her Room, 4 Days After She / Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.