Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School (46124 Views)

FUTA Final Year Students Sign Out In Style (Photos) / Male Students Sign On Boobs Of Female Students (PICS) / Unilag Students Sleep Outside Over Re-absorption Forms (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by tennyson10: 10:11am On Apr 24, 2016
Genea:
iffahear, dey r high on shisha

Iffaheqr say Jennifer no sign that form cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by FILEBE(m): 10:13am On Apr 24, 2016
Ayo25:
I was lucky to attend Unilag during the four most peaceful period in the history of the school 2006-2010. Coincindentally there was no SUG during this period. Save for 3 months ASUU strike each in 2007 and 2009, there was no disruption in academic activities occassioned by student's restiveness. There was no SUG then and actually students were not bothered because there was no need for it. The school management did its best to make students comfortable and whenever they fell short, students just bear with them. There were periods during exam when therep is no light at night in the hostels and students who want to prepare for exams would take their books under the street lights to read. Whatever problem the school has is not a permanent problem. You have to dialogue with the management and give them time to look into it. They should proscribe SUG if that would bring back lasting peace in the school.

i understand what you are saying. I was never a fan of them reinstating Ulsu. But when they did. Damn! They proved their worth. Imagine. Exams will be written in just one week. Something that use to be 2wks. GST will make some people have an extra year. The prices of goods and comodities will be unchecked, lecturers will start misbehaving again. Just to mention a few that will happen when ULSU is dissolved.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by FILEBE(m): 10:15am On Apr 24, 2016
yorex2011:
I dunno how things got to this stage, but I'm sure lack of wisdom was exhibited somewhere... The way people are just ranting online, many won't even if there's a physical process, they'd just rant, incite people online, then those ones would go and get themselves expelled, while the rest would secretly fill form, return back to school, continue their online ranting and graduate....this thing should never have gotten to this stage..

Sly of life! Smh.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Genea(f): 10:25am On Apr 24, 2016
tennyson10:

lolx hahahahaha grin
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Genea(f): 10:25am On Apr 24, 2016
tennyson10:

lolx hahahahaha grin
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Genea(f): 10:26am On Apr 24, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

You are welcome. I hope ULSU won't succumb to their pressure.
I hope not too... modern day slavery, who does dah
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Genea(f): 10:27am On Apr 24, 2016
FILEBE:

nice one Girl! We shouldn't let this happen. I just fear some sly lords and ladies who have started filling the damn form!
we will always have them, I just hope they know the implications of wah dey r signing
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Realonekingsley(m): 10:38am On Apr 24, 2016
ALUTA IS DEAD!
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:39am On Apr 24, 2016
Genea:
I hope not too... modern day slavery, who does dah
Some students only cares about the certificate. Most Unilag students don't know their right only few people like you knows your right.
If ULSU can battle with them through legal means, school would be stopped in forcing students from signing an undertaken. Students Unionism is legal in all higher institutions.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Morewealth121(m): 10:52am On Apr 24, 2016
tomisinobm:

FAM, you're artistic. See how made painting look like wallpaper. You'd definitely be getting a call if I have anything for you.
thanks always at ur services
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Genea(f): 11:25am On Apr 24, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Some students only cares about the certificate. Most Unilag students don't know their right only few people like you knows your right.
If ULSU can battle with them through legal means, school would be stopped in forcing students from signing an undertaken. Students Unionism is legal in all higher institutions.
I do hope dey get lawyers and activists who can help them out
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by banmee(m): 12:00pm On Apr 24, 2016
thesicilian:

See item 6 on the Reabsorption Oath Form: No student should apply for any course of study in any other institution whether full time or part time simply because he or she is a unilag student? How backward is that?

No great university allows its SUG, the voice of the students, to be dissolved. If they want to shut down the school indefinitely, let them go ahead. Let's see who blinks first. The problem with this new generation of students is that they are too faint hearted, probably too young to make their voices heard.

Those are the school rules. If you don't like it don't go there. I could show you some of the crazy rules MSU students had to abide to and I still went there.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by thesicilian: 12:09pm On Apr 24, 2016
banmee:

Those are the school rules. If you don't like it don't go there. I could show you some of the crazy rules MSU students had to abide to and I still went there.
Its a public institution, not a private school. There's nothing like if you don't like it, don't go there, it was built with tax payers' money.

And besides, they're already students of the school. Who speaks for the student body with SUG gone? Rules are meant to foster peace and harmony between parties, not as a means of slavery. If these students sign these forms, then they're preparing for a life of servitude and degradation, never being able to stand up for what is right

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by seanwilliam(m): 12:14pm On Apr 24, 2016
HA! awo lo jesu!
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by banmee(m): 12:38pm On Apr 24, 2016
thesicilian:

Its a public institution, not a private school. There's nothing like if you don't like it, don't go there, it was built with tax payers' money.

And besides, they're already students of the school. Who speaks for the student body with SUG gone? Rules are meant to foster peace and harmony between parties, not as a means of slavery. If these students sign these forms, then they're preparing for a life of servitude and degradation, never being able to stand up for what is right
MSU is not a private school. Plus, student union bodies all over the world get suspended when strifes happen only to re open again.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Engineermbugame(m): 1:04pm On Apr 24, 2016
Amelian:
I concur with the forms the students have to fill.. It will keep them on check and make them realise , they are given admission into Unilag to read, learn and graduate as responsible and knowledgeable candidates required on various fields of career out here in the world.
If not ? Na parties every weekends, and clubbing..
Hence graduating and becoming a huge liability to our over populated country.
But with these rules and undertaking bn signed.. There heads go screw tight well.
They had better embrace it.. Its a wonderful way to go and rebrand unilag all over again.. Other tertiary schools , pls take note
If not ? Na the same garbage in.. Garbage out.
And companies will certainly not employ graduates that cant even defend anything, how much more assist and make a company grow... Honestly its really appalling .
Nigerian students sit up , study and learn the course u are admitted for.

No time to play or party or carry placards... Just focus and come out with honours that companies worldwide will beg to have u guyz on board..
To be successful is not easy.. Be serious and focused.
sad angry
baba u made a point,nah ur type of friend i need in school.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by adegab4real007: 1:26pm On Apr 24, 2016
thesicilian:

Brov, virtually all federal schools in Nigeria have that rule (No.6) in place, you might want to check your admission letter and/or student handbook if you are in doubt.

It's even in JAMB Brochure of those days sef, not sure about newer editions from 2011 upwards tho. Double-Matriculation (I believe that's what it's called) is frowned upon.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:35pm On Apr 24, 2016
Genea:
I do hope dey get lawyers and activists who can help them out
Nice one. Are political science student?
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Genea(f): 2:12pm On Apr 24, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:
Nice one. Are political science student?
nope, microbiologist
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Priska02(f): 3:13pm On Apr 24, 2016
tennyson10:

It's just painful that after writing such a long story,you'll still have to sign the form. Truth be told ... This has become a fight we can't win eventually...
No matter how dogmatic, we would have to still obey.
Exactly my opinion
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Destiny4fame(m): 3:17pm On Apr 24, 2016
this people are just out of their mind.... they are callous and wicked.....they av no human feelings despite the fact that school during their time was easy and free with a lot of attachments..... and those stewpeed eedeeort will blame Jonathan and baba for the crisis in Nigeria forgetting that it all began with them..... #iavdecided#...#bellomustgo#...#standwithulsu#

Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by tennyson10: 3:31pm On Apr 24, 2016
Priska02:

Exactly my opinion

But your write up says opposite
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by tennyson10: 3:33pm On Apr 24, 2016
Destiny4fame:
this people are just out of their mind.... they are callous and wicked.....they av no human feelings despite the fact that school during their time was easy and free with a lot of attachments..... and those stewpeed eedeeort will blame Jonathan and baba for the crisis in Nigeria forgetting that it all began with them..... #iavdecided#...#bellomustgo#...#standwithulsu#

#bellomustgo Like seriously?? Do students really think they have the power to remove the VC of a school?
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 3:50pm On Apr 24, 2016
Genea:
nope, microbiologist
That is cool. Go into politics in future.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Genea(f): 4:09pm On Apr 24, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

That is cool. Go into politics in future.
lolx, why does everyone keep saying dah, mmmmm maybe its time I start getting conversant with the nation's politics grin
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Priska02(f): 4:13pm On Apr 24, 2016
tennyson10:

But your write up says opposite
it ain't mine, Its 'da sage's. I just said I should share his view here on nl.
What he said made sense but still, at the end he and everyone else against it would still have to sign it(now that's d part I agree with you).
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 4:28pm On Apr 24, 2016
Genea:
lolx, why does everyone keep saying dah, mmmmm maybe its time I start getting conversant with the nation's politics grin
You need to, even try to be conversant with international politics also. I have that quality also, I can spot someone that has that kind of quality.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by tennyson10: 4:30pm On Apr 24, 2016
Priska02:

it ain't mine, Its 'da sage's. I just said I should share his view here on nl.
What he said made sense but still, at the end he and everyone else against it would still have to sign it(now that's d part I agree with you).

Okay,i understand you nownow cheesy wink
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2016
48noble:
Na condition make crayfish bend...when birds learn to fly without perching hunters shoot without aiming... Youth wey no see money for him pocket 4 a long time becomes a restive youth... students 4 9ja no get joy...evidence of APC fraud
for ur mind now, u Don yarn better talk be that abi
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 24, 2016
Deeypeey:
I have a feeling its OAU
na OSU
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 24, 2016
Deeypeey:
Unilorin...is dat one even a uni? undecided Unilorin...is dat one even a uni?
DAT religion biased institution... I hate that school with passion.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Genea(f): 4:54pm On Apr 24, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

You need to, even try to be conversant with international politics also. I have that quality also, I can spot someone that has that kind of quality.
I will heed to ur advice , tnx dear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines / 11 Brand New Courses To Be Taught In South African Universities / Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.