Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School (46063 Views)

FUTA Final Year Students Sign Out In Style (Photos) / Male Students Sign On Boobs Of Female Students (PICS) / Unilag Students Sleep Outside Over Re-absorption Forms (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:16pm On Apr 24, 2016
Genea:
I will heed to ur advice , tnx dear
You are welcome Genea.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 24, 2016
beetle24:
. Greatest Ife unionism don't compromise on cheap threat evidently it can only happen in Maulag sorry unilag... Ife unionism leads other follow

I will vouch for Ife unionism anywhere in the world, with both students and staffs.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 24, 2016
tennyson10:

It's just painful that after writing such a long story,you'll still have to sign the form. Truth be told ... This has become a fight we can't win eventually...
No matter how dogmatic, we would have to still obey.

Simply becos of slys like u.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by judondasylva(m): 8:02pm On Apr 24, 2016
very strange
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Tequilah: 11:03pm On Apr 24, 2016
Ayo25:
I was lucky to attend Unilag during the four most peaceful period in the history of the school 2006-2010. Coincindentally there was no SUG during this period. Save for 3 months ASUU strike each in 2007 and 2009, there was no disruption in academic activities occassioned by student's restiveness. There was no SUG then and actually students were not bothered because there was no need for it. The school management did its best to make students comfortable and whenever they fell short, students just bear with them. There were periods during exam when therep is no light at night in the hostels and students who want to prepare for exams would take their books under the street lights to read. Whatever problem the school has is not a permanent problem. You have to dialogue with the management and give them time to look into it. They should proscribe SUG if that would bring back lasting peace in the school.

Kai!! There was no SUG during your set??! shocked You missed the glorious days of Unilag. In our own days, power supply was constant, 24x7. We didn't even know when NEPA decided to misbehave, because the school's back-up power system was highly effective. But unfortunately, it appears that the management and school authorities have allowed the school's back-up power network to fall into a state of disrepair. How sad.

And why on earth should the school proscribe the SUG? Is Unilag now a breeding ground for chickens and docile infantile dummies who do not know their left from their right? Dissent is a fact of life and it occurs in every sphere. What matters is how you handle it and prevent it from escalating into a conflict.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by tennyson10: 5:58am On Apr 25, 2016
LARRYDKING:

Simply becos of slys like u.

You just want to talk abi?? You've been noticed.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by debola23(f): 6:03am On Apr 25, 2016
olalekan9320:
all those forms are already in place in unilorin,,, am even feeling as if d forms are plagiarized

I got a deja vu feeling seeing the forms.
Like I had seen them many times in Unilorin.
Desperate times need desperate measures. A student who doesn't have any ulterior motive for being in school need not fear to sign.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by olalekan9320(m): 6:19am On Apr 25, 2016
debola23:

I got a deja vu feeling seeing the forms.
Like I had seen them many times in Unilorin.
Desperate times need desperate measures. A student who doesn't have any ulterior motive for being in school need not fear to sign.
but where d problem lies is that they have ulterior motives,,,, wanting to protest at any slight issue
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by jlo247(m): 6:53am On Apr 25, 2016
Have been in the University of Lagos for the past three years if am not mistaking, during my first and second years on this campus there wasn't any student union except from those faculties and departmental associations. Then we still have one voice; during this period, the University management listened to our cries when ever we demand for their intervention in some issues. If I can't remember all events I can still remember the one of the cits director who closed the University portal while some students are yet to register for their courses. We students made a peaceful protest and the school management came to our aid. So tell why do we need ULSU? Let ask ourselves do we need any ULSU to fight for us? Who ULSU Help? What are those things they have fought for and at the end we achieve them? What are does basic things we have achieved from ULSU?
I can even say it anywhere that without ULSU problems are solved with ULSU problems are............ . To be candid ULSU don't hustle for us they only hustle for themselves. Who they eep gan?
Don't let ULSU deceive us again let do what the school management want and let stand by our self instead of standing by someone else.
Remember that you can choose ur choice but u can't choose the consequence of ur choice.

#myview
#standbyurself

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 25, 2016
tennyson10:

You just want to talk abi?? You've been noticed.

I thought u will be reasonable to keep silent, unfortunately, this happened.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by JOAB2010: 8:47am On Apr 25, 2016
Similar thing happened in 2004/2005 protest against increase in hall fees. The then ULSU speaker died in the process (probably due to exhaustion) and the protest went out of hands afterwards...students went on a burning spree..first the VC's lodge, then the DSA. Next thing we knew, students were forcibly sent out of campus. No academic activities for three months after that and finally, we were asked to pay a re-registration fee of N10,000 plus an undertaking similar to OP's post.

Oh and by the way, students did not have access to live in halls for almost a year - which is why there are so many hostels around Akoka till date and rental costs for mini-flats in the area have gone up the roof as well.

When they finally did, the very fees that they protested against was eventually increased and-yes-everyone that was fortunate to get a hall did pay for it.

Finally, there was no student union govt for years, instead, a student union congress comprising of Class, Course and hall representatives was constituted...not sure when the school authorities decided to re-instate the SUG though.

Same story line....Different scripts.

My advice is that the SUG should learn from the experience of their predecessors; if a strategy has been tried before and was unsuccessful, then another should be used. Obviously, something similar happened over a decade ago and it didn't yield a positive result, therefore it is only wise that another strategy be employed.

As much as I understand that the availability of amenities such as electricity and water is key to a suitable learning atmosphere, there are better ways to tender complaints asides protests (which may begin as peaceful but tends to get out of hands).

To my dear Akokites, signing the undertaking may be the only option you have right now to get your academic journey back on track. Remember that you are the main victims of any disruption to the academic calendar as you are the one who is pursuing a degree. Please, in the interest of your precious years of study, don't try to add unnecessary extra months to your course duration by another round of protests. Just sign the undertaking, be of good behavior and get your degrees done and over with so you can move on to other things in life.

There is more to life that the four walls of a university and a degree abeg.
It is well with you.

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 25, 2016
Engineermbugame:
baba u made a point,nah ur type of friend i need in school.

Am not a guy ooo
Am a lady.. smiley
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by tennyson10: 9:42am On Apr 25, 2016
LARRYDKING:

I thought u will be reasonable to keep silent, unfortunately, this happened.

You're just one jobless fellow looking for cheap attention,go get a life.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by tennyson10: 9:49am On Apr 25, 2016
JOAB2010:
Similar thing happened in 2004/2005 protest against increase in hall fees. The then ULSU speaker died in the process (probably due to exhaustion) and the protest went out of hands afterwards...students went on a burning spree..first the VC's lodge, then the DSA. Next thing we knew, students were forcibly sent out of campus. No academic activities for three months after that and finally, we were asked to pay a re-registration fee of N10,000 plus an undertaking similar to OP's post.

Oh and by the way, students did not have access to live in halls for almost a year - which is why there are so many hostels around Akoka till date and rental costs for mini-flats in the area have gone up the roof as well.

When they finally did, the very fees that they protested against was eventually increased and-yes-everyone that was fortunate to get a hall did pay for it.

Finally, there was no student union govt for years, instead, a student union congress comprising of Class, Course and hall representatives was constituted...not sure when the school authorities decided to re-instate the SUG though.

Same story line....Different scripts.

My advice is that the SUG should learn from the experience of their predecessors; if a strategy has been tried before and was unsuccessful, then another should be used. Obviously, something similar happened over a decade ago and it didn't yield a positive result, therefore it is only wise that another strategy be employed.

As much as I understand that the availability of amenities such as electricity and water is key to a suitable learning atmosphere, there are better ways to tender complaints asides protests (which may begin as peaceful but tends to get out of hands).

To my dear Akokites, signing the undertaking may be the only option you have right now to get your academic journey back on track. Remember that you are the main victims of any disruption to the academic calendar as you are the one who is pursuing a degree. Please, in the interest of your precious years of study, don't try to add unnecessary extra months to your course duration by another round of protests. Just sign the undertaking, be of good behavior and get your degrees done and over with so you can move on to other things in life.

There is more to life that the four walls of a university and a degree abeg.
It is well with you.
Bro you've said it all,but unfortunately most students dont see it from this perspective. A word is enough for the wise!

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by 48noble(m): 9:56am On Apr 25, 2016
olushola1989:
for ur mind now, u Don yarn better talk be that abi

See my loyal fan wey fuel price wan collect him manners.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 25, 2016
beetle24:
. Greatest Ife unionism don't compromise on cheap threat evidently it can only happen in Maulag sorry unilag... Ife unionism leads other follow
That's why you spend 7years studying a 4years course while we graduate in 4years time.

Keep deceiving yourself.
Your ife that couldn't retain her first class graduates.
Overrated dungeon...
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 25, 2016
48noble:

See my loyal fan wey fuel price wan collect him manners.
u Don vex be dat
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Engineermbugame(m): 4:48pm On Apr 26, 2016
Amelian:

Am not a guy ooo Am a lady.. smiley
k nop hw was ur day
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 26, 2016
Engineermbugame:
k nop hw was ur day

Sighs...very hectic
Thank God am back home

And yours?
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Engineermbugame(m): 6:37pm On Apr 26, 2016
Amelian:

Sighs...very hectic Thank God am back home
And yours?
fine ,hw was ur studies or ar u thru?
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 26, 2016
Engineermbugame:
fine ,hw was ur studies or ar u thru?

Am done with school, way back... Bsc. Marine biology, in one of the state tertiary insitutions in nigeria
I work as an enterprenuer/ceo/consultant to a reputable company on the island.

Pls this is all i can divulge on this forum.
But why do u wish to know if am still schooling or done?
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Engineermbugame(m): 7:26pm On Apr 26, 2016
Amelian:

Am done with school, way back... Bsc. Marine biology, in one of the state tertiary insitutions in nigeria
I work as an enterprenuer/ceo/consultant to a reputable company on the island.

Pls this is all i can divulge on this forum.
But why do u wish to know if am still schooling or done?
nothin dear just because u made a point i like,well am newly addmitted.schooling in unizke.is pm allowed?
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 26, 2016
Engineermbugame:
nothin dear just because u made a point i like,well am newly addmitted.schooling in unizke.is pm allowed?

smileythanks
Ok thats good....congrats on the admission smiley
Be focused and committed ,no matter the situation in school.
Its ok, you can pm me smiley
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Engineermbugame(m): 7:48pm On Apr 26, 2016
Amelian:

smileythanks Ok thats good....congrats on the admission smiley Be focused and committed ,no matter the situation in school. Its ok, you can pm me smiley
follow me back so dat i wil send u message.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
Engineermbugame:
follow me back so dat i wil send u message.

Ok...done.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Engineermbugame(m): 8:30pm On Apr 26, 2016
Amelian:

Ok...done.
ok
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by daftpikin: 7:35am On Apr 27, 2016
Amelian:

Ok ooo
At least there are some set of serious students who will study, learn and graduate with good degrees and honours in our " uncondusive environment".. As soon as they are done with service, its either companies retain them or within a year or two, they have a good paying job..
While some top companies will keep on employing graduates abroad that fits their bill.

Time, my dear is always our friend... And time is always there to remind us , how well and far weve gone.

So you think those that are protesting are 'unserious' , going to the University is not just to acquire a degree from your course of study you are also expected to learn other things.

we always let leaders push us around, and that's why our country is where it is today. If we don't start speaking up now, when and where would we learn it.

I won't be part of those that would be qualified with the clause 'Suffering and Smiling', if I am suffering I would complain
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by daftpikin: 7:39am On Apr 27, 2016
Ayo25:
My brother history is a great teacher. History has always shown that in tertiary education in Nigeria, protests especially violent one, usually cause more woes and regret to the students in the end. There is never a limit to the amount of dialogue you can have otherwise you will burn your fingers. How many of us get everything we need from our parents at home? And the few who actually do are seen as over pampered. Do you go about throwing tantrums at your parents whenever they dnt provide you with what you need? My two pence o and nobody have to agree with me.

At least our parents respect us enough to explain things to us. You talk about history, just look at how the school system is right now, worse that it was before because those who had their chances in 'history' were to scared to do anything and didn't care about the future as long as they graduated.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 27, 2016
daftpikin:

So you think those that are protesting are 'unserious' , going to the University is not just to acquire a degree from your course of study you are also expected to learn other things.

we always let leaders push us around, and that's why our country is where it is today. If we don't start speaking up now, when and where would we learn it.

I won't be part of those that would be qualified with the clause 'Suffering and Smiling', if I am suffering I would complain

When you complain in this country , Nigeria.. Whats the end benefit of it..
Everybody has been complaining since 1960, nigeria got her independence till 2016, as of nw...
Tell me, has the system changed for better?
Are schools adequately equiped with books ,practical materials and necessary amenities to ease the life of a student?
Has it improved to the enviable state we want it to be? Coupled With all the complains, screams, fights and strike actions?

If your answer is Yes? And you can prove to me complaining and carrying of placards has changed the system to a better one? Then my dear friend, i will gladly shut down my company and mobilize my staffs to join Unilag students and other students in the campaigne of change and better living.

But if No?
Then keep wasting time complaining, till eternity... Its your choice...
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by daftpikin: 1:36pm On Apr 27, 2016
Amelian:

When you complain in this country , Nigeria.. Whats the end benefit of it..
Everybody has been complaining since 1960, nigeria got her independence till 2016, as of nw...
Tell me, has the system changed for better?
Are schools adequately equiped with books ,practical materials and necessary amenities to ease the life of a student?
Has it improved to the enviable state we want it to be? Coupled With all the complains, screams, fights and strike actions?

If your answer is Yes? And you can prove to me complaining and carrying of placards has changed the system to a better one? Then my dear friend, i will gladly shut down my company and mobilize my staffs to join Unilag students and other students in the campaigne of change and better living.

But if No?
Then keep wasting time complaining, till eternity... Its your choice...

that is because the protesters always bow out at the slightest form of threatening from authorities and if we do the same thing our demonstration would be added to the list of failed protests.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by calculator123(m): 5:41pm On Apr 27, 2016
jlo247:
Have been in the University of Lagos for the past three years if am not mistaking, during my first and second years on this campus there wasn't any student union except from those faculties and departmental associations. Then we still have one voice; during this period, the University management listened to our cries when ever we demand for their intervention in some issues. If I can't remember all events I can still remember the one of the cits director who closed the University portal while some students are yet to register for their courses. We students made a peaceful protest and the school management came to our aid. So tell why do we need ULSU? Let ask ourselves do we need any ULSU to fight for us? Who ULSU Help? What are those things they have fought for and at the end we achieve them? What are does basic things we have achieved from ULSU?
I can even say it anywhere that without ULSU problems are solved with ULSU problems are............ . To be candid ULSU don't hustle for us they only hustle for themselves. Who they eep gan?
Don't let ULSU deceive us again let do what the school management want and let stand by our self instead of standing by someone else.
Remember that you can choose ur choice but u can't choose the consequence of ur choice.

#myview
#standbyurself
you made your point,ulsu is the reason why exams are now 2wks instead of one.Ulsu has been concerned aboit the wefare if tge students remember the bed buh ish.bros dem dey try.
Re: UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School by Goddyss(m): 7:53pm On Apr 27, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Students Lie-Down To Receive Lessons In A Ghanaian School (snapshot) / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions / Decomposing Body Of A Female Unizik Student Found In Her Room, 4 Days After She

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.