Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate (38468 Views)

Femi Akinyemi Dumps PDP For APC In Ekiti / "I Will Be Running For President Again" - Tunde Bakare / ‘Blame 1999 Constitution For Lack Of Savings, Not Past Regimes’ – Akinyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Badgers14: 2:22am On Apr 24, 2016
Wyttcat:
I still don't get how Trump people watched Cruiz grabbed those delegates. They need to do something and do it really fast because the convention second ballot will not be in Trump's favor.

Lying TED grin grin

Trump gave him a befitting nickname..
After what he did to Ben Carson in Iowa, I lost my respect for him... He says he has Christian values but acts like a rogue angry..
He better stop wasting his money... Because republican establishment dont like him, his fellow senators don't like him... Even if he wins, Democrats will sue him back to Canada and a 4-4 supreme court make up is not looking his way either..
Also don't forget Trump's potential third party run.... Infact, republicans are tripping over themselves grin grin grin
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Nobody: 2:49am On Apr 24, 2016
Badgers14:

Lying TED grin grin

Trump gave him a befitting nickname..
After what he did to Ben Carson in Iowa, I lost my respect for him... He says he has Christian values but acts like a rogue angry..
He better stop wasting his money... Because republican establishment dont like him, his fellow senators don't like him... Even if he wins, Democrats will sue him back to Canada and a 4-4 supreme court make up is not looking his way either..
Also don't forget Trump's potential third party run.... Infact, republicans are tripping over themselves grin grin grin
Lyin' Ted or crooked Hillary grin

1 Like

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by DaBullIT(m): 6:30am On Apr 24, 2016
#PROUDLYYORUBA

6 Likes

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 24, 2016
No Black person has ever served as California governor
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Caseless: 8:19am On Apr 24, 2016
CFCman:
He ran for California governor, but couldn't make it past the primary.
and he's here again to try another post. this shows his strength, confidence and belief.
Don't be surprised, he might win the senatorial seat , serve in that capacity and come back to become the governor of california in another 4 years time.

2 Likes

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Caseless: 8:20am On Apr 24, 2016
CFCman:
No Black person has ever served as California governor
it might start with him.

2 Likes

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 24, 2016
Caseless:
and he's here again to try another post. this shows his strength, confidence and belief.
Don't be surprised, he might win the senatorial seat , serve in that capacity and come back to become the governor of california in another 4 years time.
It could happen. The next California guber election is in 2018.

2 Likes

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Everest880: 9:32am On Apr 24, 2016
Hehehe, he can never win, the only contest this monkey would Luckily come out victorious, is the Word Most ugly man contest grin
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by johnsonjosbles(m): 9:36am On Apr 24, 2016
Oyiboman69:
my brother I beg go where you will be welcomed with your abilities, here in naija,na ritualist and abero they win election...
Yes oooo
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by johnsonjosbles(m): 9:36am On Apr 24, 2016
Everest880:
Hehehe, he can never win, the only contest this monkey would Luckily come out victorious, is the Word Most ugly man contest grin
aye e ti baje oooh

5 Likes

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by SirShymexx: 9:38am On Apr 24, 2016
Everest880:

Bwahahahahahaahahahahaha.

This cracked me up. grin

He should've used a better picture cos that picture looks like a picture of a shaved Caesar all dressed up. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 24, 2016
Everest880:
grin
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by SirShymexx: 9:45am On Apr 24, 2016
Ph.D in Mathematical Analysis from the World most prestigious Ivy League University, University of Cambridge England, United Kingdom.

When did Cambridge Uni become an Ivy League Uni? Even the best Uni's on the US' West Coast aren't part of the Ivy League. Stanford for example is better 99% of Ivy league Unis. Ivy league doesn't mean best Universities, it's just for athletic conference for some private Unis on the east coast of the US and these Unis are also known for academic excellence. Whoever wrote this crap just messed up the guy's profile.

It will be easier for a pig to pass through the eye of a needle than for him to win. I don't even think African Americans have one Senator in the US Senate. The guy is just wasting his time...he's better off contesting for congress, or go try some mayoral post in a community that's mostly black.

1 Like

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by victorazy(m): 9:47am On Apr 24, 2016
You bought one-way ticket and for that "i wish you well" brother.

2 Likes

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by 9jatatafo(m): 9:48am On Apr 24, 2016
CFCman:
As a US Senator, he will earn a yearly salary of $175,000.

Why do you people always quantify positions in monetary terms? This is the bane of corruption in this country

2 Likes

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Orikinla(m): 9:50am On Apr 24, 2016
I pray in the mighty name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Messiah, may Almighty God JEHOVAH who promoted Joseph and made him a governor in Egypt and who promoted Prophet Daniel in Babylon also promote Akinyemi Agbede in the United States of America to become a member of US Congress for the infinite glory of Almighty God. Amen! Somebody join us to shout HALLELUJAH!

8 Likes

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by victorazy(m): 9:51am On Apr 24, 2016
SirShymexx:

It will be easier for a pig to pass through the eye of a needle than for him to win. I don't even think African Americans have one Senator in the US Senate. The guy is just wasting his time...he's better off contesting for congress, or go try some mayoral post in a community that's mostly black.

"Inferiority complex" life of mediocrity is not mine grin

3 Likes

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 24, 2016
SirShymexx:

When did Cambridge Uni become an Ivy League Uni? Even the best Uni's on the US' West Coast aren't part of the Ivy League. Stanford for example is better 99% of Ivy league Unis. Ivy league doesn't mean best Universities, it's just for athletic conference for some private Unis on the east coast of the US and these Unis are also known for academic excellence. Whoever wrote this crap just messed up the guy's profile.

The folks that designed his website/wrote his bio should refund whatever amount he paid them cheesy
I don't see how Kamala Harris or Loretta Sanchez would lose to him
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Godwin10123: 9:55am On Apr 24, 2016
Hope this man and other Nigeria will not be pushed into canal for contesting for senate in their land grin

1 Like

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by teufelein(f): 9:56am On Apr 24, 2016
..another crazi Yoruba man...LMAO!
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by ValerianSteel(m): 9:59am On Apr 24, 2016
CFCman:

It will be tough for him, considering the political heavyweights he is up against, especially Rep Loretta Sanchez and Ms. Kamala Harris.

I wish him all the best though
My favorite in the race is Kamala Harris and I don't think the Nigerian got a chance against Loretta.
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Timoleon(m): 10:03am On Apr 24, 2016
He is not a Nigerian.
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by yinkslinks(m): 10:06am On Apr 24, 2016
Yorubas the most educated and bravest in the world. please igbos and edos dont attack me grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by yinkslinks(m): 10:08am On Apr 24, 2016
Too poor grin grin grin he needs to meet tinubu to contest in nigeria and make more grin grin grin grin grin
CFCman:
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by ValerianSteel(m): 10:09am On Apr 24, 2016
Wyttcat:
Christy was the first to endorse Trump and I thought he should be the vice president, but he looks like the Vp position is going to be used to cut deals as NRC is wielding everything in their arsenal to fight Trump. This people will scuttle Trump's chances if they can't get their own person firmly planted with him in the white house.
There are still rumors of Paul Ryan being the RNC concensus candidate.Cruz wants a heavily contested convention but I see Trump getting the nomination.You are right Chris Christie may be perfect running mate to Trump.

The DNC needs to make sure Hillary's running mate is either a female or a minority or female minority,if this happens,the Democrats have won themselves the White House automatically.

1 Like

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by SirShymexx: 10:09am On Apr 24, 2016
victorazy:

"Inferiority complex" life of mediocrity is not mine grin

It isn't about inferiority complex, it's about being realistic. Once you understand the dynamics of US politics, the big machine involved, and the fact that AAs who're 13% of the US population, with a tons of communities that're mostly AAs have only produced 9 or 10 senator since the US got its independence - you would see that he has zero chance. He wasn't even born in America - he's an immigrant that has only lived there for like 15 years. So folks won't be able to relate to him, not even AAs. And it's Cali - not South Carolina.

Just cos the constitution says you're qualified for something, you need to start wasting people's time, by building a castle in the air. If he's interested in politics, he needs to start from the bottom. Start by being a community organiser - move to being a mayor of a small place. Then he can go for congress. And afterwards, start networking for the big one.
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by yinkslinks(m): 10:09am On Apr 24, 2016
local man with accent grin grin grin grin grin grin osogbo grin grin grin grin grin grin
CFCman:
Mr. Akinyemi Agbede, a self described "super genius", is in the running for a United States senate seat from the great state of California. He is running on the platform of the Democratic Party alongside 34 other candidates, including heavy favorites - incumbent U.S. Representative Loretta Sanchez and California's Attorney-general, Kamala Harris.
Incumbent U.S. senator, Barbara Boxer, declined to run for another term of office having served 26 years in the U.S. Senate.

According to his campaign website, he was born 5th of May, 1964 in Lagos Nigeria (West Africa) to the families of Mr. & Mrs. Israel Dada Agbede. He attended Baptist Academy Obanikoro, Lagos Nigeria for his Higher School Certificate and came out with distinction, Studied Mathematics at the University of Lagos, Lagos Nigeria. Ph.D in Mathematical Analysis from the World most prestigious Ivy League University, University of Cambridge England, United Kingdom. He also attended the prestigious Redeemed Christian Bible College, Lagos Nigeria and came out also with distinction.

Thereafter, he came to the United States in 2001 after he won the U.S Permanent Resident Lottery. However, since being in the United States, he has tremendously used his super genius brain to the benefit of the American students by instilling in them skills, confidence and competence in solving ANY Mathematical problems.

California's primary will be held on June 7, but early voting begins on May 9th. California law requires the names of candidates for U.S. Senate and other state-wide offices to be put on a single ballot for the primaries. The top two candidates that receive the most votes, regardless of party, will advance to the November 8 general election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js24BXVnHks

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 24, 2016
ValerianSteel:
My favorite in the race is Kamala Harris and I don't think the Nigerian got a chance against Loretta.

True

1 Like

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by malton: 10:12am On Apr 24, 2016
CFCman:

In Nigeria, senators buy $90,000 worth of SUVS per head!

lipsrsealed
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Shed24(m): 10:14am On Apr 24, 2016
I love his courage

1 Like

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by SirShymexx: 10:15am On Apr 24, 2016
CFCman:

The folks that designed his website/wrote his bio should refund whatever amount he paid them cheesy
I don't see how Kamala Harris or Loretta Sanchez would lose to him

Looool.

The "World most prestigious Ivy League University, University of Cambridge England, United Kingdom", yano. grin

Cambridge students and alumni would go nuts if they ever see that and might sue him for libel. They think they're the best in the world and the only grouping they allow is OxBridge. Heck, they have some reservations about being part of the Russell Group. grin

The guy is a time waster..
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by lightdotcom: 10:16am On Apr 24, 2016
May you succeed in this venture

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okowa Hails Tompolo On 50th Birthday: You Have Contributed Greatly To Delta / Akeweje: MC Oluomo Hijacked Lagos NURTW From Me, Snatched My Second Wife / APC Presidential Primaries: How States Delegates Will Likely Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.