Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate (38461 Views)

Femi Akinyemi Dumps PDP For APC In Ekiti / "I Will Be Running For President Again" - Tunde Bakare / ‘Blame 1999 Constitution For Lack Of Savings, Not Past Regimes’ – Akinyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Badgers14: 10:20am On Apr 24, 2016
CFCman:

Lyin' Ted or crooked Hillary grin

Hahaha...
Infact, this election there is no one worthy voting for,
Hiliary is just trying to break history. She was the first lady, congresswoman, secretary of state... What have she not done for the country that she couldn't do those times...
Trump is outta reach.... Then lyin TED grin grin then Kasich that many dont like( otherwise they would be voting for him in primaries grin)
Then Sanders that exaggerates facts, unfeasible policies... Infact i wish Obama could contest for a 3rd term grin
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Btruth: 10:22am On Apr 24, 2016
If God can do it for Obama, then He can surely do it for you too sir. Goodluck in your dream. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by bamosagie(m): 10:23am On Apr 24, 2016
CFCman:
As a US Senator, he will earn a yearly salary of $175,000.

Its not about the money, but the experince, the opportunity to serve and contribute......

1 Like

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 24, 2016
Badgers14:

Hahaha...
Infact, this election there is no one worthy voting for,
Hiliary is just trying to break history. She was the first lady, congresswoman, secretary of state... What have she not done for the country that she couldn't do those times...
Trump is outta reach.... Then lyin TED grin grin then Kasich that many dont like( otherwise they would be voting for him in primaries grin)
Then Sanders that exaggerates facts, unfeasible policies... Infact i wish Obama could contest for a 3rd term grin
Kasich's situation is the funniest. He has been mathematically eliminated from the contest since last month: he needs to win an impossible 140% of the remaining delegates on the first ballot grin

And the dude has only won his home state out of 29+ contests. grin
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Bondesniger(m): 10:30am On Apr 24, 2016
i wish him best of the best

1 Like

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by linusbnn(m): 10:35am On Apr 24, 2016
CFCman:

Oboi na money be that oooo
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by ceejay80s(m): 10:35am On Apr 24, 2016
Running kò, walking nì, he will now infect USA with corruption
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Controversialad: 10:36am On Apr 24, 2016
Ok nah
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Dollyak(f): 10:39am On Apr 24, 2016
CFCman:
Earn less than Nigerian senators I believe. In view of this and the comparable GDP per capita between both countries let that sink in.
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by toprealman: 10:39am On Apr 24, 2016
Wyttcat:
He can unseat the non performing heavyweights if he has the right message. The demographics of his district count, and if he can catch in on the anti establishments momentum sweeping through some part of the country, it's will be a great place to start.
Well, couldn't listen to his manifesto on YouTube after few seconds. Pronouncing "all"....like "Hall" etc..nah, not impressed.

2 Likes

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by grandstar(m): 10:47am On Apr 24, 2016
He can not win, not American enough
15years sojourn's too small
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by tartar9(m): 10:57am On Apr 24, 2016
How can a Nigerian be running for a Senate position in the US undecided
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by oluamid(m): 10:58am On Apr 24, 2016
Of what benefit will it be to Nigerians if a Nigerian becomes a US senator?
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by victorazy(m): 11:23am On Apr 24, 2016
SirShymexx:

It isn't about inferiority complex, it's about being realistic. Once you understand the dynamics of US politics, the big machine involved, and the fact that AAs who're 13% of the US population, with a tons of communities that're mostly AAs have only produced 9 or 10 senator since the US got its independence - you would see that he has zero chance. He wasn't even born in America - he's an immigrant that has only lived there for like 15 years. So folks won't be able to relate to him, not even AAs. And it's Cali - not South Carolina.

Just cos the constitution says you're qualified for something, you need to start wasting people's time, by building a castle in the air. If he's interested in politics, he needs to start from the bottom. Start by being a community organiser - move to being a mayor of a small place. Then he can go for congress. And afterwards, start networking for the big one.

Do you know his donors who they are? How do u know he is just starting?

Is better to try than never sir.

Obama wouldn't have been there today if he was looking back.

All the same "I wish us all well"
a
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Jacko1(m): 11:31am On Apr 24, 2016
go usa stil black like wetin i no knw

Him go lose jor

No run for house na senate

Him go lose

Yoruba enjoy d fame while u can but he losing big time
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Kakamorufu(m): 11:48am On Apr 24, 2016
Bo o ti e dibo, o ti wole
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 24, 2016
victorazy:

"Inferiority complex" life of mediocrity is not mine grin
Actually he's saying the bitter truth. I mean look at the guys accent.
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by victorazy(m): 11:54am On Apr 24, 2016
tensazangetsu:

Actually he's saying the bitter truth. I mean look at the guys accent.

Accent is just a fact but not the truth. The truth is what is in him. Don't tell me we know him better than the ppl that nominated him (Americans)
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by pendusky(m): 12:19pm On Apr 24, 2016
Why won't he win Permanent Visa Lottery?

US are part of our problem, Someone who ought to be our president, Imagine, Mathematical Analysis, US offer him permanent Visa lottery... Chai!
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by danot1030: 12:25pm On Apr 24, 2016
God will grant him success.
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by SirShymexx: 12:26pm On Apr 24, 2016
victorazy:

Do you know his donors who they are? How do u know he is just starting?

Is better to try than never sir.

Obama wouldn't have been there today if he was looking back.

All the same "I wish us all well"
a

Lol. From googling his name and CV, I don't think he has any sponsors of note. Unless there are ghosts supporting him.

I think a lot of folks use Obama's rise in the wrong context and folks need to read his two books, "The audacity of hope" and "dreams of my father" to at least get an insight into Obama's story.

Obama is an American through and through, unless this man who's a recent immigrant. Even with Obama, when decided to run for the POTUS, the overwhelming majority of AAs never supported him cos they claimed he's not enough - not cause he's mixed - but cos he's a 2nd generation African. And they believe he won't be able to understand their experience. Hence when he started his campaigned he always made sure he included all the great work he did as a community organiser in South South Chicago, his pastor, working with Farrakhan, the fact that he plays basketball, and his wife (he dropped his pastor and Farrakhan when his campaigned gained momentum). Also, you can't be more black than running around South Side Chicago...Chicago is also a Mecca of some sort for powerful black folks in America...Jesse Jackson, Luis Farrakhan, Oprah et al. African Americans started getting on his bandwagon in droves after his famous victory in Iowa that set the tone and they never looked back after that.

Furthermore, Obama was groomed to become POTUS from his time at Columbia Uni - that was where the journey started. Then he was involved with college politics at Harvard. Moved to Chicago afterwards and started as a community organiser, while linking up with the likes of David Axelrod, Rahm Emanuel et al, the Chicago political powerhouse. His first proper political move was the Illinois senate and after that, he moved to the US senate.

Then when he contested for POTUS - the timing was right. Dubya already messed up everything and the ghost of 9/11 was still hovering everywhere, with failed wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and a recession. So what better message can you give folks than a message of hope and change, with a face that represents change? Boom, young people all over the world (not just America) bought the dream and their energy got his campaign on steroids. And the rest is history.

This man is not Obama lol.

1 Like

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Gamesmart: 12:59pm On Apr 24, 2016
CFCman:
He attended Baptist Academy Obanikoro, Lagos Nigeria for his Higher School Certificate and came out with distinction, Studied Mathematics at the University of Lagos, Lagos Nigeria. Ph.D in Mathematical Analysis from the World most prestigious Ivy League University, University of Cambridge England, United Kingdom.

Man, are you retarded?

Since when did Cambridge become part of "Ivy League"?
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Siddeek: 1:25pm On Apr 24, 2016
If na ipod now we for know him career for america
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by itstpia8: 3:19pm On Apr 24, 2016
pendusky:

US are part of our problem, Someone who ought to be our president, Imagine, Mathematical Analysis, US offer him permanent Visa lottery... Chai!

Its called brain drain.
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by OPCNAIRALAND: 3:52pm On Apr 24, 2016
CFCman:

It will be tough for him, considering the political heavyweights he is up against, especially Rep Loretta Sanchez and Ms. Kamala Harris.

I wish him all the best though

...same was said when Obama ran against Hillary.

God makes way. We wish him the best!!
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by OPCNAIRALAND: 3:55pm On Apr 24, 2016
pendusky:

lmao. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by EreluY(f): 9:16pm On Apr 24, 2016
This guy, reportedly, has been in the USA since 2001 and still speaks English like my grandad in the village. Going by his campaign video, which is laughable, I honestly don't think he's not gonna make it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Worst Governor And Slowest Developing States In Nigeria / Bodies Of Three Drowned Soldiers In Bayelsa Recovered / Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.