Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,295 members, 7,815,511 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Akala Discredits Return To PDP Rumour. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akala Discredits Return To PDP Rumour. (430 Views)

Alao Akala, Funke Adesiyan, Teslim Folarin, Others Dump PDP For APC (Photos) / Ben Bruce Reacts To Atiku's Return To PDP / Ajimobi, His Wife And Alao Akala Eating Together (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Akala Discredits Return To PDP Rumour. by Apesin247: 10:37pm On Apr 24, 2016
Former governor of Oyo State, Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala has debunked the rumour of returning to the People's Democratic Party (PDP) following the on-going restructuring of the party who once ruled Nigeria for 16years ahead of 2019 General Elections.

Recently, the political juggernaut, Akala averred that natural death awaits the PDP, disclosing that he and his supporters have decided to join the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

“I already said goodbye to the PDP; I would not have gone back to the PDP. What would I have gone back to do in PDP?” he remarked.

Akala continued,“those people that had dissenting voices were not the people who followed me to Labour Party (LP), so they must be the ones expecting that maybe I would come back to PDP.

“But the decision to leave PDP back then was unanimously taken by my followers, so if some people are expecting me to return to PDP, they are not many; they are very small in percentage and I will say they are insignificant.

Nobody would have expected me to come back to PDP; the party will soon die a natural death, so there is no way I can go back to a party that is in comatose".

“At present, PDP is in comatose, why do I have to go and join issues or be part of the people that will bury PDP? I can’t go back to PDP. I have said goodbye to them and I wish them good luck. I hope they can get a good doctor to revive the party”, the former governor stressed.

Refreshing your memory, Alao-Akala left the PDP after a failed bid to secure the ticket of the party for the 2015 gubernatorial election, while fortune smiled on the former Senate Leader, Teslim Folarin against all odds.

This situation, however forced Otunba Akala out of the PDP, while he eventually contested on the platform of the Labour Party (LP). megaiconmagazine.com/?p=2325

Re: Akala Discredits Return To PDP Rumour. by gud4dbest(m): 10:39pm On Apr 24, 2016
I wish u neva said so...'PDP will die a natural death' mtchew;what a recidivistical politician!

(1) (Reply)

Rivers PDP Uncovers Plot To Raid Ogoni Communities With Military Hovercraft / CCT Boss Entertains Hearing Of Application To Recuse Himself From Saraki’s Case / Dele Momodu: Ovation International: 20 Years Of Celebrating Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.