Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

The Leverage Devotional By Pastor Segun Obadje - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Leverage Devotional By Pastor Segun Obadje (293 Views)

Prophecies for 2017 by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. / Mountain Of Fire 2017 Prophecies By Pastor Dr. D.K Olukoya / 2017 Prophecies By Pastor E.A. Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Leverage Devotional By Pastor Segun Obadje by DrBookie(f): 8:08am On Apr 25, 2016
You Are A Bona Fide Child Of God
Gal 3:26, Rom 8:15-17

In Genesis 1:26-27, God made man in His image. That image was thwarted by sin in the Garden of Eden. Jesus Christ came into this world as man’s substitute and offering for sin to redeem man from sin, and by faith in Him we are born anew from corruption into eternal life as children of God. 2 Corinthians 5:17 tells us that if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature. The man in Christ is a new creature, with a new nature of the God-kind, and he is a bona fide child of God; he is not a counterfeit, for there is no counterfeit in Christ.

Every born again child of God is a possessor of God’s nature. 1 Peter 1:23 says, “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever”. The man in Christ is born again of the seed (semen) of God, which is the Word of God. This means that the DNA of God, embedded in His seed (semen), is in the child of God. Therefore the child of God is not a counterfeit, but the original of who God is; an offspring or extension of God.

Again, James 1:18 tells us more, it says, “Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures”. The believer is born of the Word of truth. Also, John 1:1 says, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God” showing us that the Word that produced us is God Himself, with the same capacity and potentials as God.

My Solid Front (Confession): Heavenly Father, I thank You that I am Your child. Your DNA runs in me and I am a bona fide member of Your family. I take my place to fulfill all Your good plans for me, in Jesus’ Name.

Further Meditation: 2 Corinthians 5:17; 1 Corinthians 15:49

(1) (Reply)

God Is A Miracle Worker Part 2 / Emanuella Live On Stage 2016 / Brethren, Do Not Lose Focus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.