Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,666 members, 7,955,409 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:18 AM

Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? (18157 Views)

FAKE Picture Trending On Whatsapp As "Fulani Herdsmen" Attacks On Lagos Ibadan E / Nnamdi Kanu's House After Military Invasion In Umuahia (Photos) / 24 Boko Haram Insurgents Operating As Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by kuuljay(m): 9:32pm On Apr 27, 2016
Surfboard:

I agree state governors should be doing more, traditional rulers too. But then, you forget that by protocol, the police and the army are federal institutions who don't take orders from governors.

Hope we get to the point where we have state and community policing. It is becoming necessary.
yes they are federal institutions but with good synergy the governor can becon them promptly and they will respond due to the emergency I gave you an example of kwara
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by TheMascot(m): 10:14pm On Apr 27, 2016
Dmillionaire:
to me the problem is even bigger than what op portrayed here. an ak47 riffle cost about N1m, how come they can afford these deadly guns. southerners are treating this menace with kid gloves. all these are grand plans by the core nigerian northern elite towards a salient jihad movement. may God save us
10 cows equal 1million....but wait ooh..all those cult boys that full east and yt they no fit even fight the herdsmen...then why dey de dia..fr once where dey sopoz give person reason to see at least one good thing about them..Nigeria is more interesting than game of thrones
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by judondasylva(m): 10:21pm On Apr 27, 2016
Na so
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by Eric14(m): 11:17pm On Apr 27, 2016
There s no way Fulani headsmen can purchase AK-47 guns. This group are a new emerging terrorist group. They might even be a Bokoharam breakaway group.
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by sweetgala(m): 11:33pm On Apr 27, 2016
months:
All well meaning Nigerians have a duty to reject the National Grazing Reserve Bill.

The consistency in violent attack of the Fulani Herdsmen since Nigeria elected a Fulani President in 2015 are no coincidence. They are calculated attempt to persuade Nigerians of the need to expand fulani territorial sphere of influence nationwide. Election time, a small group of fulani army will be in position to intimidate the native on the party to vote to avoid attacks.

As i type, there are more than enough green field in the North that the Fulani have refused to use for grazing. The Fulani never attack muslim communities in the North but are prone to attack Christian communities, buring down homes and Churches.

The burning of Churches underlies a religious incentive and motivation for the attacks of Christian communities in their ancestral homes. The islamisation agenda of the Fulani core North have entered phase 2. The first wave of attacks were from Boko Haram religated to the border of Chad by the GEJ administration. The second wave of attack is by Fulani Herdsmen aka Boko Haram. It is no news that majority of Boko Haram fighters are actually Fulani.

Fulani Herdsmen are not indigenous to Nigeria, they are invaders that subverted the indigenous Hausa communities. Fulani have their homeland in Mali. However, under the proposed National Grazing Reserve Bill which creates a council to be chaired by a Fulani Chairman to be appointed by the president. The council shall have the power to take your land anywhere the land is located in the country and then pay you compensation. Your land, when taken, shall be assigned to herdsmen who shall use your land for grazing purposes. They shall bring cows to the land and you shall lose the land permanently to those Fulani cattlemen".

In this sense, natives will lose the land and fulani will own (gain) the land across the country. If your land has oil or gold, the government will hand it to Fulani and drive you away from the land. Maybe you can go and stay on top water or jump into the ocean, since you have suddenly become landless. There is no guarantee that you will get any compensation in your life time or after death.

The Fulani are muslim and this means that Sharia court will be set up, alongside mosques in their new community and land.The Fulani would have gained a foot hold and forward operating base to attack indigenous Christian communities. They will no longer be guest on the land but land owners. The National Grazing Reserve Bill is invitation to subvert and destroy communities in the North central and South.

Fulani and their cows should be handed Sambisa Forest with its green pastures, that territory is enroute to Mali.

This is what joblessness and too much YouTube conspiracy does to someone

The land is the property of the state, and any state government reserves the right to deny the sale of any space of land to any FG commission for the purpose of animal grazing, any such land sold or granted the commission is done out of goodwill and a shared interest in the provision of meat for consumption by the nation.

While at it I would clarify I am against allocation of grazing zones, rather the development of mechanized and efficient live stock farming and animal husbandry needs to be promoted such that large farms can raise live stock on their own private lands, which could be anywhere as is permitted by free trade; the act of mass migration of animals along federal, private or state owned land or highways needs to come to an abrupt end
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by chidozieikeji2: 11:41pm On Apr 27, 2016
Juxtified:
Saw this coming. They camouflaged as refugees to escape military detection and infiltrate the whole country. Now they're beginning to unleash terror on a global scale. Instead of iPod youth to direct their energy towards fighting this new cancer that has invaded their land, they are busy throwing stones at the Federal Government.
I know u are a yoruba what did ur pple do when they massacred u pple on broad day light in yoruba land I know they can never do such in broad day light in igbo land they came as thieves in the night but I know dis will be the last time they will try it because enuf is enuf now
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by pablus: 2:32am On Apr 28, 2016
i agree with the OP. these don't seem like the actions of your typical Fulani herdsmen. these are terrorist acts, period.
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by Nobody: 2:44am On Apr 28, 2016
Dmillionaire:
to me the problem is even bigger than what op portrayed here. an ak47 riffle cost about N1m, how come they can afford these deadly guns. southerners are treating this menace with kid gloves. all these are grand plans by the core nigerian northern elite towards a salient jihad movement. may God save us

1million naira or kwacha ?
Not with the proliferation of arms from the Libyan crisis.
At most it cost 250 - 300k.
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by Juxtified(m): 6:24am On Apr 28, 2016
chidozieikeji2:
I know u are a yoruba what did ur pple do when they massacred u pple on broad day light in yoruba land I know they can never do such in broad day light in igbo land they came as thieves in the night but I know dis will be the last time they will try it because enuf is enuf now
Seriously
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by Skmoda360(m): 7:21am On Apr 28, 2016
ellovee:
Fulani Herdsmen is the rebranded name for Boko haram terrorist.
my secondary thought tho.
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by VUVUZELA10: 9:32am On Apr 28, 2016
Do we not have Herbsmen in Nigeria before now? Why these sudden attacks and killings? Boko Haram moved to the next level yet some clueless people are saying that they (Boko Haram) have been defeated. Living in fools paradise.
The question that readily comes to mind is do you require your neighbour permission to defend and protect yourself?
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by jpphilips(m): 10:30am On Apr 28, 2016
Built2last:
Fulani Herdsmen, an emerging Boko Haram.

Why is Fulani herdsmen not invading core northern states?

Let it be on record that I said this oo

Why do you take pleasure in saying things you are not sure of? what point do you want to prove? don't you know it is wrong to misinform the public? A simple google search would have made you look less miserable with that insinuation.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-nigeria-violence-idUSBREA360HT20140407

http://www.crisisgroup.org/en/publication-type/crisiswatch/crisiswatch-database.aspx?CountryIDs=%7B3103A533-A2BE-4809-A42C-DED2660987E0%7D
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by iukpe: 11:03am On Apr 28, 2016
brojoshua:
Let people remain blind and foolish and continue to accuse the president, because he is a Fulani man, and his people why their enemies disguise as Fulani herdsmen and are killing them in large numbers.
May be they will wake up to reality and chase their true enemies instead of the president who is trying all he could do to help restored the seriously battered country.
Enemies will have serious and prolonged victory over people who love lies instead of truth, and who see another people as the source of their self inflicted and self caused problems.
Let them continue to support looters and criminals and liers as leaders and they will tarry long in many sorrows.
But may be wicked people are not able to identify the people who are trying to help them but choose their enemies and wicked people as their friends because they themselves are wicked.
Let the wicked ones change from their wicked ways and God also will help and deliver them from all their adversaries and bless them. Thank you.

Brother, I wish Nigerians are more positive to things than we are today. The minds of the people and their trust has been so derailed, i am wondering if it has all reached a state beyond repair. To rebuild our nation is something we can all still do together. Why is the wrong ruling over the right?
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by iukpe: 11:06am On Apr 28, 2016
jpphilips:

Why do you take pleasure in saying things you are not sure of? what point do you want to prove? don't you know it is wrong to misinform the public? A simple google search would have made you look less miserable with that insinuation.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-nigeria-violence-idUSBREA360HT20140407

http://www.crisisgroup.org/en/publication-type/crisiswatch/crisiswatch-database.aspx?CountryIDs=%7B3103A533-A2BE-4809-A42C-DED2660987E0%7D

I don't think this suspicion is completely out of place, the terrorists use kids and women as suicide bombers and their aim is to kill. I simply cannot rationalize why Fulanis would kill natives in the south repeatedly over just grazing fields.
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by jpphilips(m): 12:30pm On Apr 28, 2016
iukpe:

I don't think this suspicion is completely out of place, the terrorists use kids and women as suicide bombers and their aim is to kill. I simply cannot rationalize why Fulanis would kill natives in the south repeatedly over just grazing fields.

You don't type because you own a phone, you only type when you are armed with facts
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by sen8or(m): 8:15pm On Apr 28, 2016
Juxtified:

I don't think so. The Fulani have invaded the west also, but they haven't started fomenting trouble yet. If the westerners are wise, they'll learn from what the easterners are facing now and take proactive measures.
on point

1 Like

Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by bukaldrinio(m): 9:06pm On Apr 28, 2016
LETTER TO THE SENSELESS CHRISTIANS - Ishaku Abdul'rahman Mohammed

Ishaku Abdul'rahman Mohammed now a Christian wrote this Letter to the senseless Christians to begin to use their brains.From what I see today in Nigeria I am very certain that Muslims would not need to use a violent jihad to islamize Nigeria. CHRISTIANS themselves will be used by Muslims to islamize Nigeria. Afterwards the Muslims will turn against the Christians that helped them. These are the type Muslims call the useful idiots.

Just ask yourself how Muslim nations became Islamic nations? Is there any record of them doing evangelical work? Did they tell people about how wonderful their prophet Mohammed is? How he raped women? How he beheaded nine hundred Jews in one day? How he had sex with a nine year old girl? How he was demon possessed for one year? How he could not perform a miracle? How he is a prophet without a prophecy? How he sold slaves for weapons of war?

If MUSLIMS did not do evangelism how come there are 58 nations of the world Who say they are ISLAMIC countries? Including countries that used to be Christian countries.

They used greedy pastors and silly Christians. The ones they call the USEFUL IDIOTS. The Bible says, when men slept. These same CHRISTIANS were the ones that told us the elections had nothing to do with religion.

***News flash! Buhari just registered Nigeria in the Islamic coalition against terrorism led by Saudi Arabia. The very same Saudi Arabia that is the chief sponsor of Islamic terrorism.

***Newsflash! The first major conference buhari would bring to Nigeria is the INTERNATIONAL ISLAMIC CONFERENCE . A conference that pastor vice president cannot attend. While 'clueless' GEJ was convening INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC CONFERENCE at a time of plenty Buhari is convening ISLAMIC CONFERENCE at a time of economic crisis. Now you see where his priority lies.

***Newsflash! Muslims are now using El Rufai Kaduna as a test case to see how they can stop CHRISTIANS from preaching the gospel not even for you to listen to a gospel message in your car. Who knows they may even ban gospel music.

***Newsflash! Other northern states are copying Mr El Rufai's law.
***Newsflash! Fulani herdsmen are sacking Christian villages in the north.

***Newsflash! Ambode sealed over twenty churches in Lagos for noise pollution. Not one Allah Akbar morning yelling mosque was sealed. Ambode is supposed to be a Christian remember? What do Muslims call them again?? Something like useful Idiots.

***Newsflash! The chapel at Aso Rock has been shut down and guess who had to explain to CHRISTIANS? Yeah our very own Pastor vice president. Again, another major very useful Idiot Who they used to get the Christian votes.

***Newsflash! The only minister to have died under Buhari happens to be a Christian Apologist. I mean a strong defender of the gospel of Jesus. Somehow all the safety features in the car suddenly stopped working. Not one airbag deployed. Remember this is a federal minister riding in a very expensive car fitted with the best safety features. Did I also mention that the driver did not die? He was strong enough to pull out the body of the minister. Issokay.

I hear many Christians say it is impossible to islamize Nigeria. Question is, If they try it today will you pick up arms? What are you doing to make sure it does not happen? Posted just as I received.

***Newsflash! A bill to have grazing land all over nigeria sent by the govt has just passed the second reading and there is every possibity that the bill will pass as most southern christian legislators has been compromised. Get ready for Fulani muslim communities to be esterblished in our christian communities. Between christians and muslims who is likelyl change his or her religion, the christians because we are not strong in faith and it is a dead sentence for a muslim to change to christian or any other religion.

Many christians will be lured with money to change to muslim and by boyfriend girl friend and inter marreige. Remember, the project is being sponsored by Saudi Arabia and Nigeria govt therefore, money to convert christians to muslim will not be a problem. Please don't tell me you can never be lured with money. It has already started in Imo state.
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by iukpe: 3:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
jpphilips:

You don't type because you own a phone, you only type when you are armed with facts

When I say " I think" or "I don't think" it simply relates my thoughts not facts. However, what facts do you have?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kogi Election: INEC Official Abducted In Lokoja / Senator Ndume: Electronic Voting Is PDP's Idea To Rig 2023 Elections / Malami Denies Knowing Lawrence Ajodo Who Raided Justice Odili’s House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.