Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:15 AM

Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses (63865 Views)

Names Of Victims Of Ozubulu Catholic Church Massacre Released / This Abuja Church Bans Tithes And Offerings, Gives Free Visa To Members / ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by Trexnemesis(m): 5:55pm On Apr 25, 2016
Ghost01:
The bride Looks like a corpse. Lol. JK.

More appropriately, she or he or the thing looks like an Egyptian mummy.
Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by Ejehjoe(m): 5:55pm On Apr 25, 2016
CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS ALWAYS BEEN GUIDED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT.
EVERLY PROUD TO BE ONE
BORN CATHOLIC
LIVE CATHOLIC
DIE CATHOLIC

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by NellyDiva1(f): 5:55pm On Apr 25, 2016
bokohaman:
All these Catholic priests aren't even sure of their salvation. One of the true test of one's salvation is to get locked up in a room with a stark naked woman and u still stood your ground without falling....
SAYS WHO
Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by UIA04(f): 5:56pm On Apr 25, 2016
bokohaman:
Are you telling me if pastor Adeboye and Bishop Oyedepo with their level of salvation are left in a room with a stark unclad woman, they will commit adultery? madam, falling willingly into sin is a thing of the mind. u talk about fleeing from temptation and what if u find yourself in a situation where u couldn't flee? we shouldn't subject ourselves to an option of fleeing all the time. We should always be prepared for the worse....

You must be a learner I haven't heard of or seen a person or man of who loved God like David, who was as strong as Samson, who had wisdom like Solomon , who could stand even when living in a sinful environment like lot

But you know the downfall of all these men

Sex. Yes naked women and they weren't even locked up with a naked woman for an hour.

Those people you mentioned are mortals with flesh and susceptible to sin like you and I until Jesus Christ comes and takes us all away making us perfect.

Don't worship man, worship the living God.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by Julietekekwe1: 5:56pm On Apr 25, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
grin I am proud of the ONLY AND HOLY ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH, the CHURCH founded by JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF.

*PROUDLY CATHOLICAN
u better hide ur self before I tell I the origin and how catholic church started with verifiable proves.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by bokohaman: 5:56pm On Apr 25, 2016
CharlieMaria:
This shows the level of delusion you have been immersed in. Wake up man and be reasonable, or are you not a human? How dare you think that locking yourself with a naked lady and you resist her is the true test of purity? Believe me if you try it, even the devil himself will be shocked at what you will do. DEUT6vs16 says "do not put the Lord Thy God to the test..," Can you go and drink poison and expect it not to kill you, or enter fire and expect not to be consumed? All in the name of christianity? Wake up friend.
bros, I'm not saying one should intentionally test his/her salvation by luring himself into temptation. There are some situations u find yourself that are unexpected. look at Joseph and potiphar's wife, did Joseph ever believed to find himself in such situation? but because his mind was already programmed with the fear of God, he was able to resist....
Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by saintmark88(m): 5:59pm On Apr 25, 2016
Don't go deceiving pple... A particular parish frowns at some form of dressing ND u say the Catholic Church.... Thts really misleading, it's like tht in Dt parish doesn't mean it's same in another parish within Dt same diocese...
Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by jammyrock(m): 6:00pm On Apr 25, 2016
bokohaman:
All these Catholic priests aren't even sure of their salvation. One of the true test of one's salvation is to get locked up in a room with a stark naked woman and u still stood your ground without falling....

What does your comment has to do with the post?

Punk!
Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by cybriz82(m): 6:01pm On Apr 25, 2016
And yet mot of der priest are gay_ishh
Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by Trexnemesis(m): 6:01pm On Apr 25, 2016
encryptjay:
And what happens after they leave the Church?

Use your discretion na!
Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by UIA04(f): 6:02pm On Apr 25, 2016
bokohaman:
Are you telling me if pastor Adeboye and Bishop Oyedepo with their level of salvation are left in a room with a stark unclad woman, they will commit adultery? madam, falling willingly into sin is a thing of the mind. u talk about fleeing from temptation and what if u find yourself in a situation where u couldn't flee? we shouldn't subject ourselves to an option of fleeing all the time. We should always be prepared for the worse....
Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by bokohaman: 6:07pm On Apr 25, 2016
UIA04:

You must be a learner I haven't heard of or seen a person or man of who loved God like David, who was as strong as Samson, who had wisdom like Solomon , who could stand even when living in a sinful environment like lot

Sex. Yes naked women and they weren't even locked up with a naked woman for an hour.

Those people you mentioned are mortals with flesh and susceptible to sin like you and I until Jesus Christ comes and takes us all away making us perfect.

Then they are not fit to make heaven if they have not passed through this kinda test and remained unshaken. All those men u aforementioned didn't really feared God wholeheartedly. If they did, they woulda kept all his commandments including falling into temptations of women.....
Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by babamann(m): 6:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
I THINK IF JESUS FOUNDED THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IT WOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED JEWISH CATHOLIC CHURCH BECAUSE HE WAS NOT A ROMAN, THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH WAS FOUNDED BY A ROMAN EMPEROR CALLED CONSTANTINE WHO SAID HE SAW AN IMAGE OF A CROSS OR WHATEVER AFTER A BATTLE, WELL HE JUST USED THAT TO RULE OVER THE INVADING CHRISTIANS AS HE WAS NOW THEIR CHRISTIAN BROTHER, (SMART?!!OR)
Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by BossDanniee(m): 6:10pm On Apr 25, 2016
WASMOG:
undecided undecided undecided
Olosho!
Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 25, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
grin I am proud of the ONLY AND HOLY ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH, the CHURCH founded by JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF.

*PROUDLY CATHOLICAN

endeavor to be proudly educated too, there is no such word as catholican. it's is the catholic church and you are catholic

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by Trexnemesis(m): 6:10pm On Apr 25, 2016
UIA04:

GBAM!
Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by Malayy(m): 6:13pm On Apr 25, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

*PROUDLY CATHOLICAN
does it matter? you go still go to hell fire
Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by lumeneng22: 6:23pm On Apr 25, 2016
Why do you want a catholic priest to be seeing your armpit when he says glory to Jesus honour to mary and you raise up your hands?
Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by Nickymezor(f): 6:29pm On Apr 25, 2016
Nice!!!. U came to d house of God to serve Him n nt to seduce Man
Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by UIA04(f): 6:29pm On Apr 25, 2016
bokohaman:
Then they are not fit to make heaven if they have not passed through this kinda test and remained unshaken. All those men u aforementioned didn't really feared God wholeheartedly. If they did, they woulda kept all his commandments including falling into temptations of women.....
Shut it Mr.
Better work out your salvation with fear and trembling instead of judging dead men.
You are very foolish (I don't mean it as a typical insult)
To think of righteousness in such a way.
T
Your sins are worse than the "worldly" man who even in his worldliness knows he is wrong. Because if he askes for forgiveness even on his death bed genuinely, he will be received in heaven like that thief on the cross.

I pity you and your misconception of righteousness.

David, was a man I loved so much he was a role model of righteousness, despite his flaws. Why do you think God repeatedly forgave the isrealites despite their sins hundreds of years after David DIED because of his servant David ( go and read the whole of kings) calling him "MAN AFTER GOD'S HEART" .

Nobody in the old testament not even Moses could match David's loyalty to God even when everybody deserted him and wanted to kill him 1samuel 30vs 6

So don't say this men weren't righteous . They are all with God.
Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by faithesco(f): 6:34pm On Apr 25, 2016
magicminister:
All the clothes they put up there look decent to me.
my brother,tell them ooo,I feel they don't know the meaning of d world"provocative"
Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 25, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

*PROUDLY CATHOLICAN

De Don wash your bra*n.
when did CHRIST did that.
U go stin learn oooh
Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by Dollipsejay(m): 6:38pm On Apr 25, 2016
BuddhaPalm:

grin grin

Warris this?
that's jihad wedding
Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by Dollipsejay(m): 6:39pm On Apr 25, 2016
Trexnemesis:

What type of wedding dress is this? Stupidity of the highest order. Caricature! Mtshewwwwwww
lol
Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by Dollipsejay(m): 6:40pm On Apr 25, 2016
Ghost01:
The bride Looks like a corpse. Lol. JK.
lol
Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by freecocoa(f): 6:44pm On Apr 25, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

*PROUDLY CATHOLICAN
Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by freecocoa(f): 6:50pm On Apr 25, 2016
Africans and their holier-than-thou attitude, mschew.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by otiigba1(m): 6:59pm On Apr 25, 2016
I don't get, how did they come to the conclusion of what's Appropriate and what is n't? If we are supposed to emulate Jesus Christ. Did Christ wear suits,ties and trousers? What they wore in them days we are made to believe was Robes. Men and women wore Robes in the days of Christ
Now who Determines what christians should wear to church nawadays? Humans (pastors, Imams or catholic priest?) Or God?

i thought the scripture says God only sees inside your heart not what you wear to church.and that God wants every one to come as they are and not to be a hyporcrite.

Lastly, what or who Determines which dressings (to church) are indecent and decent? I believe church is just a building.
Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by Josephite1(f): 6:59pm On Apr 25, 2016
This tends to be the case no matter what country ur n. I'm n TX right now, and r Catholic Church is pretty relaxed with the dress code. They don't care wat u wear as long as u come 2 church but the parishioners will say if it is inappropriate...believe me lol. However if u go 2 NY, n the city there r some C.C. that won't let u come if u r not wearing a suit. It just depends where u r. I know when I go 2 mass n Abuja I might not b able to wear my jeans, or maybe I'm wrong. Do any ladies know? Still God bless the Catholic Church! grin
Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by freecocoa(f): 7:01pm On Apr 25, 2016
UIA04:

What rubbish are you talking about?Those imaginary people you called don't speak for humanity Ms, how do you say things like you did in this age of enlightenment? Like are you for real?

So you've never heard(make I no say seen)of a woman and man cuddling naked in their bed for hours and even sleep in each other's arms till the following morning?

Babe this is embarrassing walai.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by bokohaman: 7:07pm On Apr 25, 2016
UIA04:

Shut it Mr.
Better work out your salvation with fear and trembling instead of judging dead men.
You are very foolish (I don't mean it as a typical insult)
To think of righteousness in such a way.
T
Your sins are worse than the "worldly" man who even in his worldliness knows he is wrong. Because if he askes for forgiveness even on his death bed genuinely, he will be received in heaven like that thief on the cross.

I pity you and your misconception of righteousness.

David, was a man I loved so much he was a role model of righteousness, despite his flaws. Why do you think God repeatedly forgave the isrealites despite their sins hundreds of years after David DIED because of his servant David ( go and read the whole of kings) calling him "MAN AFTER GOD'S HEART" .

Nobody in the old testament not even Moses could match David's loyalty to God even when everybody deserted him and wanted to kill him 1samuel 30vs 6

So don't say this men weren't righteous . They are all with God.
Why would I work out my salvation with fear and trembling? isn't the same bible that says "fear not"? and besides, you don't have to judge me. Do I look like a kid that does not know when he intentionally sin? are u in any way encouraging people to knowingly sin and genuinely ask for forgiveness later? The thief at the right hand of Christ on the cross made heaven because he was already destined to. I bet you not everybody would have been lucky the way he was. God says in the bible that" he would have mercy upon those he would have mercy and compassion on those he chooses" that is to show that God has his favourites and David and the Israelites happened to be his favourites.So they would always be forgiven regardless of the number of times they commit sin. One thing I want u to know is that this life is a mystery. There's no amount of bible u quote that can give u a perfect revelation. conclusively, I never judged anybody and don't boast of anybody being with God cos u are not God.....Thank u
Re: Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses by udokamso: 7:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
good to hear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Girmache Shrine, In Kebbi Where Crocodiles Reside & Sacrifices Are Made (Photos) / Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Gives Back Tithes, Offering To Nigerians, Donates N300M / RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.