Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,397 members, 7,846,665 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Are Guys Intimidated By Girls Who Come Powerful Families? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Guys Intimidated By Girls Who Come Powerful Families? (568 Views)

Why Are Guys Scared Of Approaching Soldier Girls? - Airwoman / Why Are Guys Scared Of Dating Cele Babes? / Top Five Phrases Used By Girls To Friendzone Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Guys Intimidated By Girls Who Come Powerful Families? by Latika1510: 4:19am On Apr 26, 2016
Do you automatically think if you marry her she will not respect you and you won't have much authority over her?
Re: Are Guys Intimidated By Girls Who Come Powerful Families? by a2personal2013: 4:23am On Apr 26, 2016
For very obvious reasons, I won't blame guys that do.

Most wealthy and powerful families (Nigerians especially) are very arrogant and domineering. This is worse when the guy is from a lower social strata . Right from the planing of the wedding through the wedding proper, you must notice their hand and decision in every area.

This also follows the couple to their matrimonial homes. Some parents would want to make every decision for them. I have a friend who got married to this influential family. On the wedding day, my friend's family and well wishers were given a canopy outside the compound of the main event. His family was barely recognized .

Till date my friend regrets tying himself here because his father in law always wants intrude in his home. This is especially this way because the wife relates everything happening in the house to her father, making him the COMPTROLLER GENERAL of the house. His only reason for remaining in the marriage is his kids !

This is just to mention a few reasons most guys would rather thread on this path lightly !
Re: Are Guys Intimidated By Girls Who Come Powerful Families? by Latika1510: 4:24am On Apr 26, 2016
a2personal2013:
For very obvious reasons, I won't blame guys that do

Would you care to further explain?
Re: Are Guys Intimidated By Girls Who Come Powerful Families? by judey1992(m): 4:36am On Apr 26, 2016
always Hanging my coat at my reach.
Re: Are Guys Intimidated By Girls Who Come Powerful Families? by Flexherbal(m): 4:51am On Apr 26, 2016
Things like this happen often.
But, some guys are so samrt that they are able to reconfigure the girl/woman to their taste.
Re: Are Guys Intimidated By Girls Who Come Powerful Families? by StarboyMichael(m): 5:02am On Apr 26, 2016
Have you heard of postponing and changing wedding date few weeks to the wedding ceremony by the brides folks, such is life when you marry into powerful family
Re: Are Guys Intimidated By Girls Who Come Powerful Families? by chriskosherbal(m): 5:03am On Apr 26, 2016
I think is dependent on the individual involved.
Re: Are Guys Intimidated By Girls Who Come Powerful Families? by TPAND(f): 5:57am On Apr 26, 2016
In Nigeria I have never heard of a case of rich marrying the humble.
Naija rich girls are lazy and more about keeping their social status quo.
Atiku's daughter can never marry an humble man
Neither can Zahra marry an humble man
Otedola's daughter will marry an Adenuga

That's how that shit work over here

1 Like

Re: Are Guys Intimidated By Girls Who Come Powerful Families? by firstking01(m): 8:13am On Apr 26, 2016
One brother above me have summarized everything.
Re: Are Guys Intimidated By Girls Who Come Powerful Families? by stubbornman(m): 10:21am On Apr 26, 2016
@Op nah their papa we dey fear oh cry I can't even greet my babe wen her dad is aroundembarassed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sad News: Starved Of Sex, A Man Burns Lover, Grandmother, Uncle & 2 Kids / I'm Feeling Sleepy. / Honestly, Who Suffers A Heartbreak Most After A Relationship; The Guy Or Lady?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.