Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,910 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer (3860 Views)

Appreciating Our Nairaland Women / Why Women Need Marriage Certificate –registrar / 7 Signs Of Cervical Cancer That Women Need To Observe! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Acidosis(m): 11:33am On Apr 26, 2016
1. You treat your little son as a god, you make him feel entitled to everything, you call him King, Soldier, 'My god,' 'My Lord', 'My Royal Majesty'. Then you come on Nairaland to attack mature men, and ask them why they do not wash their wife's inner wears. Please, have you ever seen a King sit down to wash the Queen's lingeries?

2. Whenever you see your son beat up his colleagues in school or in the neighborhood, a mystical smile immediately shows up on your face, like yeah! That's my soldier boy. Why then do you bash matured men who beat up disobedient and arrogant women?

3. While you were growing up, how does it feel when your brothers sleep around with girls? Do you feel fulfilled (big bro the player wink ). Have you ever cautioned your brothers about the dangers of illicit se.x? Why do you feel happy, and even join in the conversation when they narrate their adventures with other women?

4. Would you honestly allow your little son assist you in the Kitchen, while your daughters sit with Hubby to watch FA cup finals?

5. How would you describe gender equality? equal rights and opportunities, right? Why do you sometimes feel your little son is superior and powerful than his female counterparts in school?

6. At what age should gender equality be enforced? From birth? Only in marriage?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by yetseyi(f): 11:42am On Apr 26, 2016
Hmm

Number 2: I doubt any mum will support their boys beating people up.

Number 4: Yes if the son is older and the girl is too young to be in the kitchen. What if you don't have girls wont the boys help the mum in the kitchen?

1 Like

Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Acidosis(m): 11:45am On Apr 26, 2016
yetseyi:
Hmm

Number 2: I doubt any mum will support their boys beating people up.

Number 4: Yes if the son is older and the girl is too young to be in the kitchen. What if you don't have girls wont the boys help the mum in the kitchen?

Nice observation on Number 4. I'll take that as an exemption.

I'll like to hear your view on Number 3 smiley

1 Like

Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by yetseyi(f): 11:56am On Apr 26, 2016
Acidosis:

Nice observation on Number 4. I'll take that as an exemption.

I'll like to hear your view on Number 3 smiley

number 3: My male cousins that were like elder brothers didn't really sleep around (I may be wrong). The one I was close to just dated different ladies till he got married so I never really experienced that scenario.

The other questions have always been controversial on NL.
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Acidosis(m): 12:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
yetseyi:

number 3: My male cousins that were like elder brothers didn't really sleep around (I may be wrong). The one I was close to just dated different ladies till he got married so I never really experienced that scenario.

The other questions have always been controversial on NL.

Oh that's fine. Nice contribution ma'am. wink

1 Like

Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by armyofone(m): 4:23pm On Apr 26, 2016
@#1
It should be about respect and teamwork. In marriage, every hands must be on deck for the success of the union. Nobody should be living like a king or Queen...unless you both have money and can afford servant or maids.

It was in the news recently of a woman who took her 3 little children to Walgreen, bought sleeping pills, parked her car away from view and took the pills. She was found dead few days later with her children by her. It may be possible the husband left her to do everything...acting all kingly...yeah play super mommy taking care of small children and the big "king".
I think the ladies are saying change with the time.
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by PresVA: 4:32pm On Apr 26, 2016
Nawa oo.. full grown men are now being likened to kids? embarassed
Has it become that bad? grin grin grin tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Acidosis(m): 5:08pm On Apr 26, 2016
armyofone:
@#1
It should be about respect and teamwork. In marriage, every hands must be on deck for the success of the union. Nobody should be living like a king or Queen...unless you both have money and can afford servant or maids.

It was in the news recently of a woman who took her 3 little children to Walgreen, bought sleeping pills, parked her car away from view and took the pills. She was found dead few days later with her children by her. It may be possible the husband left her to do everything...acting all kingly...yeah play super mommy taking care of small children and the big "king".
I think the ladies are saying change with the time.

Interesting analysis (all hands must be on deck).

Ever experienced 2 or 3?
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Acidosis(m): 5:14pm On Apr 26, 2016
PresVA:
Nawa oo.. full grown men are now being likened to kids? embarassed
Has it become that bad? grin grin grin tongue tongue
You're a clown grin grin

I'm only notifying you all about your double standards. Men were raised by mothers, we grow to practise and uphold the trainings we got at childhood.

For every woman beater out there, there is a mother to be 'praised'.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by armyofone(m): 5:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
No, I haven't experienced number 2. There are rules to follow in this society. Black boys beating up anyone is a recipe for disaster. I pray to live in the best area/community and send my kids to a good school where they fight using their brains not their fists.

No didn't experienced #3. My little brother was always doing mass servant for Fada grin... growing up, my parents were too strict anyway.

#4...everybody will be in the kitchen or doing something. No one should be watching FA final when I'm getting meals ready. We either order a meal, eat and watch whatever. Not me cooking while you play ownership with remote control. Unless you are sick and in bed watching tv. It's common sense...why should your ladies be risking her life in the kitchen dealing with hot stuff while you watch games.... undecided

Acidosis:

Interesting analysis (all hands must be on deck).
Ever experienced 2 or 3?
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Acidosis(m): 5:55pm On Apr 26, 2016
armyofone:
No, I haven't experienced number 2. There are rules to follow in this society. Black boys beating up anyone is a recipe for disaster. I pray to live in the best area/community and send my kids to a good school where they fight using their brains not their fists.

No didn't experienced #3. My little brother was always doing mass servant for Fada grin... growing up, my parents were too strict anyway.

cheesy cheesy Nice one there..

You really deserve an awesome man following your analysis. Found him already?
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by armyofone(m): 6:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
Do you want to apply ? cheesy
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Acidosis(m): 6:12pm On Apr 26, 2016
armyofone:
Do you want to apply ? cheesy

at what cost?
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by armyofone(m): 6:19pm On Apr 26, 2016
Must have a leadership position, gone to war and be willing to go back grin
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by raumdeuter: 6:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
armyofone:

Hauwa,

If you see a 7year old girl beating up your 7yr old boy, How would you react?

Or if your 7yr old boy came home crying that he was beaten by a 7yr old girl?
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Acidosis(m): 7:05pm On Apr 26, 2016
armyofone:
ahahah, can you bear* the ills that accompany these qualities? I see you want a warlord or a soldier-boy
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Acidosis(m): 7:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
raumdeuter:

Hauwa,

Technical knock out grin They all want their sons to act like commandos, but they hate the idea of mothers raising women beaters.

grin
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by armyofone(m): 7:59pm On Apr 26, 2016
I will get the right authority involved because of the kind of society I'm living. I will never encourage my child to fight others.

raumdeuter:

Hauwa,

Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by byvan03: 8:02pm On Apr 26, 2016
I can't relate with any of these. As long as you remain in my house you must cook and do chores. Reserve whichever gender you are to whom it may concern.

No you have no right to whip anyone into sense once they didn't attack you first. If a female attacks you physically, whatever you do with her won't be a bother to me . Once you aren't attacked, keep your hands to yourself.

Promiscuity is disgusting irrespective of gender, let humans be humans and animals animals.

As for boys acting like commandos, my kids must know self defence and mustn't attack first irrespective of gender.

1 Like

Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by lilmax(m): 12:53am On Apr 27, 2016
Nice thread,now you can hit a woman if she throws the first blow grin

Its called SELF DEFENCE you are no longer a beast grin
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by raumdeuter: 4:24am On Apr 27, 2016
Acidosis:

Technical knock out grin They all want their sons to act like commandos, but they hate the idea of mothers raising women beaters.

grin

That my question you might need to open a separate thread for it before you get an answer, I really want to know the response the females would give
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Acidosis(m): 7:49am On Apr 27, 2016
lilmax:
Nice thread,now you can hit a woman if she throws the first blow grin

Its called SELF DEFENCE you are no longer a beast grin
grin grin

@byvan03, agreed?
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Acidosis(m): 7:50am On Apr 27, 2016
raumdeuter:

That my question you might need to open a separate thread for it before you get an answer, I really want to know the response the females would give

Hmmn, if only they'll sincerely respond
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by byvan03: 9:46am On Apr 27, 2016
Acidosis:

grin grin

@byvan03, agreed?

I totally agree, no one has a right to physically assault anyone, woman or not.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 27, 2016
Acidosis:
1. You treat your little son as a god, you make him feel entitled to everything, you call him King, Soldier, 'My god,' 'My Lord', 'My Royal Majesty'. Then you come on Nairaland to attack mature men, and ask them why they do not wash their wife's inner wears. Please, have you ever seen a King sit down to wash the Queen's lingeries?

2. Whenever you see your son beat up his colleagues in school or in the neighborhood, a mystical smile immediately shows up on your face, like yeah! That's my soldier boy. Why then do you bash matured men who beat up disobedient and arrogant women?

3. While you were growing up, how does it feel when your brothers sleep around with girls? Do you feel fulfilled (big bro the player wink ). Have you ever cautioned your brothers about the dangers of illicit se.x? Why do you feel happy, and even join in the conversation when they narrate their adventures with other women?

4. Would you honestly allow your little son assist you in the Kitchen, while your daughters sit with Hubby to watch FA cup finals?

5. How would you describe gender equality? equal rights and opportunities, right? Why do you sometimes feel your little son is superior and powerful than his female counterparts in school?

6. At what age should gender equality be enforced? From birth? Only in marriage?

So there are actually families who are happy when their sons beat up other children? undecided What nonsense is this? Are their kids supposed to be socialized or 'animalized'? angry

1 Like

Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Acidosis(m): 12:57pm On Apr 27, 2016
Mindfulness:

So there are actually families who are happy when their sons beat up other children? undecided What nonsense is this? Are their kids supposed to be socialized or 'animalized'? angry

Yes oo, strange but it happens

I would love to hear your view on Question 3.
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Stillfire: 1:53pm On Apr 27, 2016

UN definition:
Equality between women and men (gender equality): refers to the equal rights, responsibilities and opportunities of women and men and girls and boys. Equality does not mean that women and men will become the same but that women’s and men’s rights, responsibilities and opportunities will not depend on whether they are born male or female. Gender equality implies that the interests, needs and priorities of both women and men are taken into consideration, recognizing the diversity of different groups of women and men. Gender equality is not a women’s issue but should concern and fully engage men as well as women. Equality between women and men is seen both as a human rights issue and as a precondition for, and indicator of, sustainable people-centered development.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Acidosis(m): 2:18pm On Apr 27, 2016
Stillfire:

UN definition:
Equality between women and men (gender equality): refers to the equal rights, responsibilities and opportunities of women and men and girls and boys. Equality does not mean that women and men will become the same but that women’s and men’s rights, responsibilities and opportunities will not depend on whether they are born male or female. Gender equality implies that the interests, needs and priorities of both women and men are taken into consideration, recognizing the diversity of different groups of women and men. Gender equality is not a women’s issue but should concern and fully engage men as well as women. Equality between women and men is seen both as a human rights issue and as a precondition for, and indicator of, sustainable people-centered development.

Nice exposition.

I'm only trying to draw the attention of women to the fact that "gender equality" is alien to our generation, it won't start in a day. A woman who never see herself as EQUAL to her brothers (in terms of responsibilities, opportunities) has no right whatsoever to demand for equality on marital issues.

We cannot continue to deceive one another all the time. Majority of men who kick against gender equality bill were raised by mothers who never believed or attempt to treat their sons like the female counterparts.

The equality we all look forward to start from birth.

I'm particularly happy about the keyword "responsibilities" in the UN definition.
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 27, 2016
Acidosis:

Yes oo, strange but it happens

I would love to hear your view on Question 3.

I have to answer this question with another question. In what families do brothers discuss their se.xuality with their sisters? undecided
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by raumdeuter: 3:55pm On Apr 27, 2016
Mindfulness:

Stillfire:

UN definition:.

Or if your 7yr old boy came home crying that he was beaten by a 7yr old girl on the playground?
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 27, 2016
raumdeuter:

I would go there and separate them and tell the girl that she is not allowed to beat other kids because it hurts them.

Or if your 7yr old boy came home crying that he was beaten by a 7yr old girl on the playground?

I would talk to her parents.
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by raumdeuter: 4:04pm On Apr 27, 2016
Mindfulness:
I would go there and separate them and tell the girl that she is not allowed to beat other kids because it hurts them.

I would talk to her parents.

Just a random girl on the playground you don't know her parents, or beaten on the way back from school by a girl on the way home

After talking to her parents the little girl still didnt stop beating your son

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Comment Your Mom's Favorite Line When Yelling At You. / What Is Your View About Life And Your Existence On Earth? / When Last Born Husband Is Married To The First Born Wife,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.