Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,514 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad (1823 Views)

Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? / My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad / What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad by kcmty: 10:51pm On Aug 07, 2009
I am 24 and in love with a lady who can not even speak one correct English. What Can I do? I have tried my best to train her but she doesn't seems to improve. Should I let her go or what? Please I need your help because I wish to marry her only if she can improve on her spoken English.
Thanks.
Re: My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad by TOPE20001(f): 10:54pm On Aug 07, 2009
You want to dump her cuz she doesnt speak proper english? shocked cheesy
Re: My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 07, 2009
My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad

1. It's "girlfriend"

2. It's "girlfriend's spoken English"

kc_mty:

I am 24 and in love with a lady who can not even speak one correct English. What Can I do? I have tried my best to train her but she doesn't seems to improve. Should I let her go or what? Please I need your help because I wish to marry her only if she can improve on her spoken English.
Thanks.

3. It's "who can't even make a correct sentence in English".

4. It's "can" not Can. You don't use caps in the middle of a sentence unless they are names.

5. It's "doesn't seem."

@ poster

If English was a criteria for marriage, a graduate wouldn't even look your way.
Re: My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad by TOPE20001(f): 11:11pm On Aug 07, 2009
michelin89:

1. It's "girlfriend"

4. It's "can" not Can. You don't use caps in the middle of a sentence unless they are names.

5. It's "doesn't seem."

@ poster

See as you murder the poster cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 07, 2009
TOPE2000!:

See as you murder the poster cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The guy is even dumber.

@ poster

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-307015.0.html

The reply button says "Click once, then wait".

You can't even read and you are here bashing your innocent girlfriend? My sincere advice: marry her because you aren't better than her.
Re: My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad by TOPE20001(f): 11:21pm On Aug 07, 2009
michelin89:

The guy is even dumber.

@ poster

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-307015.0.html

The reply button says "Click once, then wait".

You can't even read and you are here bashing your innocent girlfriend? My sincere advice: marry her because you aren't better than her.

Gbam grin
2+2 =4 cheesy
Re: My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad by Akinagirl(f): 11:35pm On Aug 07, 2009
Michelin89, you said it all. I am looking at the posters write up and his English is pretty bad. undecided And you see he has the nerve to talk about someone else's bad English.
Re: My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad by ladygaga(f): 11:38pm On Aug 07, 2009
Haaaaa,.tope nd michelin, U have finished ds guy's career oh!, mehn,u ppl r mean o, lool!damn!
Am i rly on NAIRALAND or HARSHLAND!!, Lmao
@poster,
1. Does she knw dat u hav a prob wit her vocabulary, or u jst try correctin her stylishly?
2. Where u deaf when u wre askn her out,cs i dnt undastnd?
3. Who told u dat u could speak good english too??lol
On a serious note now, i thnk u shld let her knw,coz she mite jst nt be bothered if no1 tells her!
Nd u BOTH could get a teacher!, am only suggestin tho'!
Re: My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad by touchmeder: 11:47pm On Aug 07, 2009
i laugh
Re: My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 07, 2009
Maybe you should stop teaching her, after that, you both should pop into a learning centre where you can brush up your lingo. Goodluck!
Re: My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad by nex(m): 2:55am On Aug 08, 2009
When I saw the topic, I thought you actually made your girlfriend type it so we could see how bad her English was. If it really was your girlfriend that typed that post, then you should absolutely dump her immediately. If however, it was you who typed that rubbish, then she should dump you immediately.
Re: My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad by sexyLeamon(f): 5:19am On Aug 08, 2009
michelin89:

1. It's "girlfriend"

5. It's "doesn't seem."

@ poster

ROFLMAO michelin bad girl grin cheesy
Re: My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad by Kelvinj(m): 5:38am On Aug 08, 2009
kc_mty:

I am 24 and in love with a lady who can not even speak one correct English. What Can I do?
teach her french who knwz she might learn faster
Re: My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad by ichommy(m): 11:30am On Aug 08, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin any english teacher available PM the poster cheesy
Re: My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad by pappy4real(m): 11:59am On Aug 08, 2009
kc, u shouldn't be teaching her else she'll keep geting worse 'cos to me you are worst.and dont even think of dumping her 'cos you might have a problem getting another lady if its with english you woo them except otherwise you're going for your categ,
dont take offence bro, take the advise
Re: My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 08, 2009
It's possible that she's the one with the 'correct' English, otherwise,i think you both deserve each other,cause you 'Can not even speak one correct English too!'
Re: My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad by Yorubaman2: 12:36pm On Aug 08, 2009
@poster

is girl's name Rita
Re: My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 08, 2009
are you in love with English or her
Re: My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad by mimaa(f): 1:09pm On Aug 08, 2009
kc, ur own english is not even correct by the way re u in love with her or english, is english ur mother's tongue, Abeg go marry ur girl and forget about all that atleast ur children/ children will make amendment.
Re: My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad by Tsiya(m): 2:42pm On Aug 08, 2009
Mumu. Who told you English is a criteria of anything. It is just a language of communication. If she can speak your language. Fine for her.
Re: My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad by nex(m): 2:52pm On Aug 08, 2009
I think this is about the most self-contradicting threads I've ever seen on Nairaland.

His girl friend can not speak one correct english and he have not know what to do. Can he leave her? Because this can be causing embarrass when with his friends. PLEASE HELP HIM WITH A SINGLE CORRECT ADVISE!
Re: My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad by agathamari(f): 3:44pm On Aug 08, 2009
it can take a very long time to learn a language when you are older an lets face it, english isnt an easy language. what is considered proper english one one continent is not proper on anither. be patient and do it respectfuly. correct her in private not infront of people and correct her slowly. dont tell he everything that was wrong with the sentance but the major infractions first. once she masters the basic rules of english then start with the lesser rules.
Re: My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad by peelovee(f): 7:18pm On Aug 08, 2009
agathamari:

it can take a very long time to learn a language when you are older an lets face it, english isnt an easy language. what is considered proper english one one continent is not proper on anither. be patient and do it respectfuly. correct her in private not infront of people and correct her slowly. dont tell he everything that was wrong with the sentance but the major infractions first. once she masters the basic rules of english then start with the lesser rules.

grin grin lol word, a word is enough for the wise, abeg no dump because say her spoken english is bad. grin be her tutor.
Re: My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad by deji2005(m): 7:24pm On Aug 08, 2009
How could you ? just use your brain men
Re: My Girl Friend Spoken English Is Bad by TheSeeker(m): 9:10pm On Aug 08, 2009
A tortoise marries a tortoise, lion a lion, cow to a cow; a man with a bad english language befits a woman with an equally bad english language. grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Men / Can One Really Get A Good Girl? / Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.