Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,553 members, 7,816,339 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) (17439 Views)

Group To Occupy NASS If Buhari Fails To Return In 18 Days / FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem / Pro-Saraki Group Clashes With Occupy NASS Protesters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by yanabasee(m): 9:55am On Apr 27, 2016
Deen77:

Does not make sense to me if you understand economy.

The crude oil has crash from over $100/$140 down $26/$40, what other means of income do Nigeria got.

Why for 16 years we never plan to refine our crude locally instead of importing wasting our forex and subsidies payment enrich feu billionaire with private jets.

As a president... He's supposed to come up with another economical plans to generate revenues for the country...

During the past administration, the agricultural sector generated about 30% income for the country...

We've irons and steels, salts, hides, etc... The country is rich and blessed.... The president should come up with ideas to generate funds and promote local products...

As it stands, Nigerian products are tested in Ghana's laboratories before exportation... The western countries believed that nothing good can ever come out of Nigeria. And we live everyday trying to impress them by touring their cities like what Buhari enjoys doing.
Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by Reddington(m): 9:56am On Apr 27, 2016
The writer of this piece must be Saraki's personal aide..
Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by Timoleon(m): 9:56am On Apr 27, 2016
jaywhoco:
That 'occupy whatever' was a script by the opposition then. The opposition now should write their own script and fund its execution...

I hate hating common sense

you are not hating common sense...its d present oppisition that lacks common sense....the country is ripe for the opposition to take advantage, stage pritests, point out ills, yet they sit behind the internet n d their desks when they shoukd be on the streets harnessing the frustrations of nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by karben(m): 9:57am On Apr 27, 2016
No wahala.. Occupying pt1...2 is booting. ...

2 Likes

Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by Lessonteacher(f): 10:01am On Apr 27, 2016
Realdeals:
Hummn! So many issues in Nigeria requires the OCCUPY strategy. The occupyNASS organizers have identify theirs and are working on it. The writer can champion some of the issues he has identified, others that believe in his cause will support. You don't unnecessarily condemn what others are doing because you don't believe in them.
you view is rather political than a call for justice
Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by deolu2000(m): 10:10am On Apr 27, 2016
Those that threw dust into the wind should be ready to suffer particles clogging their eyes... May karmer deal with them all.
Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by Benoy: 10:11am On Apr 27, 2016
Realdeals:
Hummn! So many issues in Nigeria requires the OCCUPY strategy. The occupyNASS organizers have identify theirs and are working on it. The writer can champion some of the issues he has identified, others that believe in his cause will support. You don't unnecessarily condemn what others are doing because you don't believe in them.

@the bolded: You couldn't have said it better...Kudos

Demand for good governance shouldn't be sacrificed on the alter of politicking. Nigeria youth needs to wake up.
Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by clusay(m): 10:11am On Apr 27, 2016
AreaFada2:

We all want corrupt politicians prosecuted. But why only those in opposition or has defied the government?

What about APC politicians?if this govt can successfully probe all pdp politicians. I will certainly be d most happiest person on earth. Cuz soonest another party will probe apc. This country would av been beta by nw if dats how it has been. Ride on baba we surport thee.

Selective justice is also injustice.
Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by jimi4us: 10:16am On Apr 27, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:
I don't care what it is-whether sponsored or not. As long as it will make our lawmakers know that IT'S NO LONGER BUSINESS AS USUAL. If Saraki is too afraid to resign,let's assist him in doing so
and when is your dull brain going to assist you to ask the dullard in aso rock to resign?
Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by Estellar: 10:17am On Apr 27, 2016
FrankLampard:

OMG!!! gwad why are you showing me ugly girls.

You are worst, even the the bleaching and make up
lol.... u r indeed stupidly funny
Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by Estellar: 10:21am On Apr 27, 2016
yanabasee:

Excuse me!....

If she's beautiful... Then, I'm damned!

And you're ugly too....

Stop promoting ugly girls.... You're making her to feel important...

I didn't ask you out... And I say, you look like a monkey! A black monkey! Deal with it and stop bleaching your face!
keep barking . I'm not ur problem, kindly channel ur anger to the right person /thing. Good day
Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by Scholarforever: 10:30am On Apr 27, 2016
GeneralShepherd:
Everything in Nigeria currently goes to the highest bidder. From Occupy Nigeria to Occupy NASS and even this article.

This article is a disgrace to journalism, it attempts to whip up sentiments in favour of Saraki using other unrelated national incidents. I would not be surprised if the payment was calculated per word, it reeks of 'brown envelope ' journalism.

Fulani terrorists are killing Igbos with tacit support of our security agencies. I concur but how does this make Saraki less corrupt.

Fashola is an incompetent minister. His reputation was built by media propaganda when he was the governor of Lagos State. I agree but why should that stop Nigerians from demanding that Saraki resigns.

Even if Saraki does not want to resign as a Senator, he should save whatever respect the office of the Senate President has left. Saraki needs to bow out from his position and save Nigeria from further ridicule.
If u read d article well u would see that d writer did not make any attempt to justify Saraki. To me, Saraki must resign or be humiliated out of d senate presidency but there are other critical issues that must be URGENTLY addressed e.g. d unchecked madness of d animals called Fulani herdsmen. APC must not only condemn it but also act decisively to stop it. This was how Boko Haram started and then went ahead to gain ground under GEJ. #IstandwithBuhari# but Fulani herdsmen must be given Boko Haram treatment, fuel scarcity must be tackled and people must not be made to pay for d electricity they have not consumed.
Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 27, 2016
ENA WROTE: If na juju Buhari dey use for una, una go carry that juju far from me. I go delete everybody wey dare tag me to "Occupy Senate". Una dey craze well well

Na Senate write nonsense budget, submit am, rake with am then come back thief am and pad am so tay them dey build fence for schools like FEDERAL ijanikinwey get fence? Na Senate dey connect driver room to Aisha room with millions Na senate dey use 400 million buy pet for Aso Rock?

Na senate get responsibility to make pronouncement on Fulani murderers? na them get duty to safeguard Nigerians?

Na senate go give una fuel?

Na senate go bring light?

Na senate make una no see dollars take do business while president children dey fly first class and get dollars to school abroad "because i can afford it" according to the pompous "poor president".

Na Senate get duty to ensure farmers plant rice?

Now na rice wey Goodluck Jonathan save naim Buhari done open for of course Hausa-Fulani to chop tuwo (Yoruba and Igbo and minority staple na amala, akpu/fufu, eba all of which na Cassava yam etc. na Hausa-Fulani no fit do without rice wey make Buhari rush open our granaries at a time when NO FAMINE OR FLOOD. He no dey shame say na wetin Goodluck Jonathan wey he dey curse say no save store up for am to use. People dey add, he dey subtract. Na senate do am abi?

Today all farmers done run leave farm for Middlebelt because of President townspeople called Fulani herdsmen. Him no dey talk and una dey occupy senate?

wetin Saraki do wey important enough to heat polity? No be say una say he thief. Una say he hide asset. WHERE BUHaRI ASSET DECLARATION wey he say he go show us? Idiots till today no know say he no show anybody. Say the old man na born liar.

Why we dey pursue soldier ant and cobra set dey wait us? wetin be asset declaration when we dey talk of billions anout to be stolen from padded budget, a tanking economy, approaching famine etc. Na Saraki hiding asset be the nation problem

And how much be the jeep them wey Senate buy. Only Buhari plane maintenance is 5 billion. (presidency say na2.5 billion in six months) how much be senate jeep again?

We are in trouble. Even Osinbanjo no fit talk Buhari achievement from traveling. China matter done dey die go like America bisit. NOTHING IS HAPPENING. when Buhari travel, country dey STOP cos he no trust Osinbajo. The country is dying. Fulani are killing. Fear no dey let me look facebook cos na so so dead body I dey see. bloodshed bloodshed bloodshed ALL FROM BUHARI BROTHERS AND COW REARING COLLEAGUES and idiots dey go occupy senate

Na so una OCCUPY NIGERIA ruin GEJ fight against cabal. Na so una cause fuel scarcity today with the no sense OCCUPY. Today na OCCUPY SENATE. If una no know what to OCCUPY, make una go play koso or fly kite or play kelekele hide inside fridge. Una mumu too strong.

2 Likes

Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by purpledferanmi1: 10:34am On Apr 27, 2016
you assertion is one-sided, saraki enriched himself and his family at the expense of million citizens and u dere defending what is not.
Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by moshmusth(m): 10:36am On Apr 27, 2016
Deen77:

Does not make sense to me if you understand economy.

The crude oil has crash from over $100/$140 down $26/$40, what other means of income do Nigeria got.

Why for 16 years we never plan to refine our crude locally instead of importing wasting our forex and subsidies payment enrich feu billionaire with private jets.

The likes of you and apc hide under the guise of fallen crude oil price.. apc presented themselves as the solution to our problem no matter what but I never fell for it because never did they mention any tangible policies or palliative measures o alleviate the suffering of the masses IF they are to diversify or restore the economy back to her glorious days when she was robust
Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by moshmusth(m): 10:39am On Apr 27, 2016
MetaHuman:
stop lying

Please post where fashola ever said that.

I don't need to post it you can get the information yourself the way you gain access to nairaland it means google it yourself
Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by jaywhoco(m): 10:44am On Apr 27, 2016
Timoleon:

you are not hating common sense...its d present oppisition that lacks common sense....the country is ripe for the opposition to take advantage, stage pritests, point out ills, yet they sit behind the internet n d their desks when they shoukd be on the streets harnessing the frustrations of nigerians.

Lol...not hating common sense! Just a pun on the obvious myopia of the opposition
Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by timunstopable: 10:59am On Apr 27, 2016
1000likes

GeneralShepherd:
Everything in Nigeria currently goes to the highest bidder. From Occupy Nigeria to Occupy NASS and even this article.

This article is a disgrace to journalism, it attempts to whip up sentiments in favour of Saraki using other unrelated national incidents. I would not be surprised if the payment was calculated per word, it reeks of 'brown envelope ' journalism.

Fulani terrorists are killing Igbos with tacit support of our security agencies. I concur but how does this make Saraki less corrupt.

Fashola is an incompetent minister. His reputation was built by media propaganda when he was the governor of Lagos State. I agree but why should that stop Nigerians from demanding that Saraki resigns.

Even if Saraki does not want to resign as a Senator, he should save whatever respect the office of the Senate President has left. Saraki needs to bow out from his position and save Nigeria from further ridicule.
Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by Saintp(m): 11:05am On Apr 27, 2016
GeneralShepherd:

Thank you very much. Yes hypocrisy is the order of the day but it does not make other issues useless
Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by Goddex: 11:15am On Apr 27, 2016
mhizzcutie:
APC!!!!!........

SCAM!!!!!!
Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by luckarub(m): 11:27am On Apr 27, 2016
The truth be told... Where on earth does this article emanate from...? We have people who are ready to fight the cause of justice, even from their little understand and some others with all their knowledge want to sit in the confines of their homes and criticized. Just tell me one bad thing about this action. All these associated innuendos are all what we are also angry about that I am sure people who are serious are trying to proffer solutions to, just like the #OccupyNASS and now that that has started we are criticisng their efforts. Even if we don't want Saraki to resign, but who is happen with the car purchase at the National Assembly? You guys should just give me a break!!!
Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by solayd(m): 11:36am On Apr 27, 2016
Either wrong or right people protesting #occupynass have chose their course, if the writer disagree with them he can organise his own protest base on point he raise
Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by banio: 11:42am On Apr 27, 2016
I love this write-up. But as it stands both sides are the worst option. The best option is for every Nigerian to be educated, then we can stand for our rights. Then we could be move by passion,not money, to occupy Aso rock at the slightest of provocation e.g persistent sale of fuel @140, epileptic power, NASS and other organs of govt emolument etc.

Long Live a Prosperous and Peaceful Nigeria
Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by lereinter(m): 12:05pm On Apr 27, 2016
omogin:
Buhari spent 5 billion to service his jets in 6 months, sent the most padded budget on earth to the national Assembly. These jobless folks won't occupy aso rock. Keep occupying the national Assembly, zombies!!!
Saraki wrongly declared his assets, what will happen when we get to know the true status of bubu? Not the 'I borrowed money to buy form' status o. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Meanwhile sahara reporters pls post the phone numbers of the presidency online. I want to have a short honest chat with bubu

Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by Tarzaa(m): 12:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
You're truely a Nigerian once people don't reason the same way with you, they become bad people! If you have reasons to occupy anything, get people to help you do it provided they're convinced. Don't rubbish what people do. Where were you when groups were protesting against cct? Where they not sponsored?
Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by sadorblack: 12:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
Mr writer! where were you when Bukola saraki was persecuting Former Governor of Kwara state muhammad Lawal ,up to the car lawal was using was attempted to be collected by Bukola. He sacked all those that were employed by lawal , saraki himself is Mr persecution, what goes round comes round.
He used corruption to boot lawal out of office not knowing is master. what is helping saraki now is because the incumbent governor of kwara state is his stooge, I pray for an opposition party to win kwara state and u will see the true colour of Saraki and the atrocities he has committed.
Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by Fresia01(f): 12:33pm On Apr 27, 2016
faaz24:

Checked ur profile, no pics but iam sure that as an Arsenal fan u will be a beauty...COYG
my pics is there...tnx huni...u re a darling
Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by Fresia01(f): 12:34pm On Apr 27, 2016
Infomaz:

You're beautiful.
tnx huni
Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by Fresia01(f): 12:34pm On Apr 27, 2016
adekayo1234:
You are buttapeful
hmmh... Are u one of them
Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by yanabasee(m): 12:41pm On Apr 27, 2016
Estellar:
keep barking . I'm not ur problem, kindly channel ur anger to the right person /thing. Good day

You can't be my problem..... You're a problem to that dude you're dating...

I was only advising you to stop promoting your ugly selves and your ilk...
Go hate on yourself for being ugly!
Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by faaz24: 1:46pm On Apr 27, 2016
Fresia01:
my pics is there...tnx huni...u re a darling
U welkom
Seen ur pic but did someone actually said that to you ? Gal, u kidding ryt ?
Its either he's blind or he's got no eyes....

...Or both. grin grin grin
Re: Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) by obasegun88(m): 2:04pm On Apr 27, 2016
lipsrsealed undecided
Well said, however, so many uncoordinated instances are sited in the article.
The Office of the Senate President is a sensitive and powerful position that ought to be void of blemish.
Hon. Saraki should have honourably resigned from the office to save the image of the NASS and Nigeria.
PanamaPaper report/scandal have seen people resign from office their internal investigation eg the PM of Iceland within 6hrs of the report leakage. undecided kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 / Wike: Atiku Warns Supporters Against Harmful Utterances / Presidential Election: Straw Poll Favours Atiku-Okowa Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.