Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,635 members, 7,809,389 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem (60776 Views)

Buhari Changes Mode Of Prayers At FEC Meeting / President Buhari Attends Juma'at Prayers At The State House (Photos) / Prayers At Shekarau's House To Destroy Buhari's Government (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Freegift75: 8:30pm On May 01, 2016
www.thetrentonline.com/fg-moves-stop-opening-prayers-events/

Strong indications have emerged of the Federal
Government’s move to stop the saying of opening prayers at events across the nation and replace it with reciting the second stanza of the National Anthem.

The National Orientation Agency (NOA) led by
the newly appointed acting director general,
Ngozi Ekeoba announced the move on microblogging website, Twitter on Thursday,
March 24, 2016.

The agency wrote: “The 2nd stanza of Nigeria National Anthem is being promoted by the NOA as opening prayer at events.”

Although a handful of Nigerians kicked against
the move but the agency insisted that it was a
great step towards promoting the National
Anthem.

A source privy to the matter disclosed that the
agency rule is yet to be enforced as the agency is still consulting with relevant stakeholders on the issue.

“The new DG has been promoting it since she came on board, but she is also careful not to receive a backlash for the idea given the very religious nature of Nigerians,” the source said.

“So at the moment it is not been enforced but they are pushing the idea to many people, agencies, government departments and parastatals and many are okay with the idea.

The feedback so far has been positive.”

Nigerians, do you support the motion?---------------------------

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by faaz24: 8:35pm On May 01, 2016
Good idea...the prayer in the second stanza of the national anthem is an all encompassing, no group or religion is left out.

287 Likes 14 Shares

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Freegift75: 8:36pm On May 01, 2016
faaz24:
Good idea
Seconded

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 01, 2016
Great move

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by moyakz(m): 8:47pm On May 01, 2016
not until they add 'all looters should fall down and die' to that stanza.

496 Likes 45 Shares

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by faaz24: 8:48pm On May 01, 2016
Freegift75:

Seconded
We should all pray in our homes, enough of the hypocrisy at government functions....imagine Dino Melaye saying the opening prayers at an event and a Sani Yerima saying the closing prayer.

176 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Freegift75: 8:55pm On May 01, 2016
faaz24:

We should all pray in our houses, enough of the hypocrisy at government functions

Exactly!

Even the prayers Pastors pray every Sundays is more than enough. At official functions, the name of Jesus or Allah should be suspended

Enough of hypocrisy...!

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Freegift75: 8:59pm On May 01, 2016
moyakz:

I will forward the motion to National Assembly for National Anthem reforms

O God Bless Our Native Nigeria
May Thunder Arise
And Strike All The looters
Oh Lord, we beseech d
Spirit Of God 4ce
Come to us now
And bless us

113 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by blazer234: 9:01pm On May 01, 2016
Wow! If this can be true, then it is a wonderful development

7 Likes

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by moyakz(m): 9:04pm On May 01, 2016
Freegift75:

I will forward the motion to National Assembly for National Anthem reforms
O God Bless Our Native Nigeria May Thunder Arise And Strike All The looters Oh Lord, we beseech d Spirit Of God 4ce Come to us now And bless us
exactly!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Freegift75: 9:14pm On May 01, 2016
If the second stanza could be modified, with inclusion of thunder to strike all looters,______---------______ then that is C-H-A-N-G-E

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Cameleon72(f): 9:16pm On May 01, 2016
If this will bring peace to the religious saga... I concur!!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by cindybella101(f): 9:20pm On May 01, 2016
I support the move....many people don't even know our anthem has second stanza

Cindybella was here kiss

12 Likes

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 01, 2016
I dont see any sense to this 2nd stanza if we cant do what is within, is not about singing it also but the content that matter

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 01, 2016
And u think this will solve religion bigotry
Cameleon72:
If this will bring peace to the religious saga... I concur!!!

5 Likes

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by WhoRUDeceiving: 9:31pm On May 01, 2016
cindybella101:
I support the move....many people don't even know our anthem has second stanza

Cindybella was here kiss

Many people, including leaders don't EVEN know the first stanza recited in ENGLISH lol.

Many people don't know the origin or true meaning of Nigg.a Area aka Nigeria

Many people don't know the causes of the civil war, or why or how this colony was put together because it isn't even taught

Many people don't know who they are, thinking they are from another group(s), despite bearing Igbo name (Ifeanyi Okowa), bearing Yoruba name, ( Bukola Saraki), etc,

And after 56 years, some folks are still desperately looking for ways to promote what has been natural in other nations, using 2nd stanza of a anthem that does not even reflect their heritage.

Fools forever

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Freegift75: 9:41pm On May 01, 2016
the moderator neglects this serious National matter but if it is Tiwa or Tonto, it could have flooded FP. May God deliver you

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by senior123: 9:46pm On May 01, 2016
best idea i have heard from this govt so far

4 Likes

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by dunkem21(m): 9:47pm On May 01, 2016
senior123:
best idea STOLEN by this govt so far

They stole it from my thread ..

https://www.nairaland.com/2069069/first-stanza-national-anthem-should

Instead of acknowledging ingenuity, people are calling me a "Wailer"

7 Likes

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by dunkem21(m): 9:51pm On May 01, 2016
Freegift75:
the moderator neglects this serious National matter but if it is Tiwa or Tonto, it could have flooded FP. May God deliver you

Just type lalasticlala ..and you won't have to talk much cool

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Reekadict04: 10:10pm On May 01, 2016
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by omisakint: 10:10pm On May 01, 2016
Reminds me of nysc camp days

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by olafum1(m): 10:11pm On May 01, 2016
I know the people that will surely come for her head wink

Your guess is as good as mine kiss
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Afrok(m): 10:11pm On May 01, 2016
If this will give me light, then they can equally recite incantations cheesy

2 Likes

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by CharlieMaria(m): 10:12pm On May 01, 2016
How does that help our economy or end fuel scarcity?

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by OBTMOS(m): 10:12pm On May 01, 2016
Ok
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by jamex93(m): 10:13pm On May 01, 2016
undecided

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by TippyTop(m): 10:14pm On May 01, 2016
This looks good on paper, but what stops the dictator from substituting it with a verse from the Quran by 2019?
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by JuanDeDios: 10:14pm On May 01, 2016
moyakz:
grin
Write to the NOA boss naa!

2 Likes

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by omolola15(m): 10:14pm On May 01, 2016
moyakz:

I no fit laugh

2 Likes

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by madgoat(m): 10:14pm On May 01, 2016
Nice one. All encompassing!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" / Buhari, Ojukwu, Orji Kalu And Babangida In Throwback Photo / Private Jets In Akure During Akeredolu's Swearing In Ceremony (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.