Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. (16082 Views)

Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone / 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone / Vlogging With A Smartphone On The Streets of Computer Village, Ikeja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by TohKunBoh: 9:34pm On Apr 27, 2016
Taking your smartphone(probably the one with a 5000+mAh like the tecno l8 or something" along on a journey can makes life easier for you with applications like instagram and nairaland designed quickly to entertain you at just one tap on your screen and also portable device with great internet facility is likely one of the most essential tools to carry.

Along with the convenience of choosing a phone over a laptop, here are some tips to take to heart when travelling with a mobile device anywhere in the world.

TURN OFF AUTO SYNC
Most mobile applications consume a lot of data when left to run in the background but my phone doesn't do that,i have no idea probably because of it large mah but you still have to turn off the ‘auto-sync’ from the phone’s settings page. If it requires frequent updating or provides irrelevant news service, then that app should not be a priority. There’s also the added benefit of enjoying a stress-free journey without the buzzing sound of a phone rattling everyone’s nerves.

SWITCH TO AIRPLANE MODE FOR FASTER CHARGING

In a hurry and need the battery-life to recharge at top speed? Switching to airplane mode is the answer. With limited apps making use of the dry-cell, chances of the phone battery getting to 100% is higher. As an added advantage, get shorter cables – instead of long ones – to reduce the travel time from the power source to the smartphone.

BEWARE OF UNPROTECTED Wi-Fi

Checking into a hotel with free WiFi is great but if it’s an open space, then a little caution is needed. There are viruses and phishing mails constantly looking for easy prey, so find out if the free internet access a password or some two-step authentication process required before logging in.

SIM CARD

Upon arrival at a foreign destination, purchase a local SIM card. This way, roaming charges diminish and call rates are cheaper. Plus, local network service providers constantly give discounts on domestic SIM cards...
http://blog.ng.jovago.com/4-tips-for-travelling-with-a-phone-3252

Goodluck in your travels

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by Oladipupo22: 9:45pm On Apr 27, 2016
FTC

Enjoying my trip to another FP ride

BTW, lalasticlala, if OP does not provide the sauce of this cooked soup, take down her thread

Bcc: ishilove, mynd44, obinoscopy
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by Nobody: 2:24am On Apr 28, 2016
Ah no just happy dhis midnight
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by Cliveglobal1(m): 7:46am On Apr 28, 2016
Tecno L8? 5000mAh battery? I haven't Heard or Seen It Before.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by Nwokoji1: 7:58am On Apr 28, 2016
Yes, This is Info is Also Very Vital. But due to the inepileptic power supply in Nigeria, It's best One gets a Good Power Bank to accompany the Phone.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by Marinza(m): 8:17am On Apr 28, 2016
A power bank along side will go a long way

1 Like

Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by just2endowed: 8:30am On Apr 28, 2016
Do you need a powerbank that's more reliable and u can take anywhere whenever u travelling? Do u need durability from Romoss power bank? Give me a whatsapp or call 07066561480. We cover any part of the country.
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by Grundig: 9:00am On Apr 28, 2016
just2endowed:
Do you need a powerbank that's more reliable and u can take anywhere whenever u travelling? Do u need durability from Romoss power bank? Give me a whatsapp or call 07066561480. We cover any part of the country.
Bro, how much is the power bank?
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by just2endowed: 1:06pm On Apr 28, 2016
Grundig:

Bro, how much is the power bank?

Romoss solo 5 10,000mah goes for 5,500.

Romoss solo6plus 16,000mah with Lcd display goes for 9k.

And quick look at the pictures.

Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by BrownShawty(f): 1:14pm On Apr 28, 2016
Nice one
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by ForeverNew(f): 11:29pm On Apr 28, 2016
Power bank is the surest oo.
Nwokoji1:
Yes, This is Info is Also Very Vital. But due to the inepileptic power supply in Nigeria, It's best One gets a Good Power Bank to accompany the Phone.
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by ForeverNew(f): 11:31pm On Apr 28, 2016
Wow!! 16,000 mAh?? That would be interesting
just2endowed:

Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by ForeverNew(f): 11:33pm On Apr 28, 2016
@OP the lenght of the chord has nothing to do with the charging time. Nice info anyway.
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by Nobody: 12:36am On Apr 29, 2016
"TURN OFF AUTO SYNC
Most mobile applications consume a lot of data when left to run in the background but my phone doesn't do that,i have no idea probably because of it large mah but you still have to turn off the ‘auto-sync’ from the phone’s settings page."

Are you tellin us about battery or data abeg? & OP is Tecno's L series the one that the phones can charge other phones like power banks?
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by Sodebo: 12:37am On Apr 29, 2016
before anything, make sure you keep the phone safe, if not, all this tips becomes useless. Great tips anyway.
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by just2endowed: 6:46am On Apr 29, 2016
ForeverNew:
Wow!! 16,000 mAh?? That would be interesting

Yes, certainly interesting and stylish. It be good you grab one and see its stylish design and uniqueness wink

Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by Penaldo: 11:17am On Apr 29, 2016
ForeverNew:
@OP the lenght of the chord has nothing to do with the charging time. Nice info anyway.
How does length of cord affect charging time? This is a question for the gods
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by Penaldo: 11:17am On Apr 29, 2016
Oladipupo22:
FTC

Enjoying my trip to another FP ride

BTW, lalasticlala, if OP does not provide the sauce of this cooked soup, take down her thread

Bcc: ishilove, mynd44, obinoscopy
The OP could be the original source
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by Penaldo: 11:18am On Apr 29, 2016
just2endowed:

Can it power transformer?
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by ibibiofirstlady(f): 11:19am On Apr 29, 2016
Nice tips from OP...
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by MrImole: 12:25pm On Apr 29, 2016
Are you really sure?
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by FUCKU: 12:26pm On Apr 29, 2016
Wow.. If I buy this one, the real owners go come collect am for road.. If you know what I mean.. Thieves , My brother. Thieves
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by luciouscookie: 12:29pm On Apr 29, 2016
I love that Nokia phone.
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by Leke001: 12:35pm On Apr 29, 2016
tank u
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by khalhokage(m): 12:39pm On Apr 29, 2016
What if those of us that get motion sick and can't operate a phone while the vehicle is in motion?
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by adebrave1(m): 12:40pm On Apr 29, 2016
ok
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 29, 2016
NB: Never switch your phone to Airplane mode while charging , it will damage your phone's battery just like it did to my Galaxy S5
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by olafum1(m): 12:53pm On Apr 29, 2016
Op
Who u help?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Itel Releases New A70 In Nigeria / Factory That Made The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 batteries Catches Fire / Samsung Banned From Selling Some Phones In U.S.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.