Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,032 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. (16086 Views)

Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone / 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone / Vlogging With A Smartphone On The Streets of Computer Village, Ikeja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by DanielGb(m): 12:56pm On Apr 29, 2016
power bank is an option. if you don't have, use the above option. but OP: is it until we buy a phone with 5000mah?

for me:
I will put one of my sim to offline mode. then leave the most important one.
Don't play music
don't watch movies
don't listen to radio
don't browse. and if you must do, make sure its not in 3G.

finally, don't start a conference call or xtracool. its not yet time.

if you choose not to browse, engage a fellow passenger in a conversation. that one will help u over come your shyness.

Thank me latter.
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 29, 2016
Tecno l8 na bad fone o..

blazing hot.. 3.75G netwk & 5035 mAh battery

Tecno got this one right

can stay 2 days with dual sim.. 3days or more with power save mode

my laptop is practically useless now
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by OgidiOlu3(m): 1:44pm On Apr 29, 2016
ForeverNew:
@OP the lenght of the chord has nothing to do with the charging time. Nice info anyway.
The resistance of an electric conductor is directly proportional to its length and inversely proportional to its area. That is, the longer the cable, the higher the resistance(meaning lower current passes through).
That's why resistivity, ρ=RA/L .

1 Like

Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by bigass123(m): 1:46pm On Apr 29, 2016
Ur experience is rather strange.. If charging in airplane mode does that what will now happen if you charge with the entire phone off.. Samsung is a scam.
I use a mid range MTK device the hot note2 and I've charged it in airplane mode severally and nothing do my phone. Even its predecessor the hot note 1.
There's something wrong with ur Samsung.. Airplane mode is safe to charge in.
Dexter247:
NB: Never switch your phone to Airplane mode while charging , it will damage your phone's battery just like it did to my Galaxy S5
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by bigass123(m): 1:48pm On Apr 29, 2016
What's the screen size, ram and of course the price. Battery has been my only issue with Tecno phones. It will be good if they improve on the ram as well.

Legitdeals:
Tecno l8 na bad fone o..

Tecno got this one right

Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 29, 2016
bigass123:
What's the screen size, ram and of course the price. Battery has been my only issue with Tecno phones. It will be good if they improve on the ram as well.

5.5" screen (just perfect for a phablet)

1Gb ram (tho. low, but I didn't buy a playstation) moreover d HIOS 5.1 running on d fone is so light and doesn't use up RAM

it's pretty okay for normal users... not for gamers

buh I'll recommend it for anyone

price was 29500 @ 3Chub computer village when I bought it

m sure it has gone up now.. shld be like 32000

1 Like

Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by mrniceguyuc5(m): 2:02pm On Apr 29, 2016
Its another special package for all android, blackberry, window phone, and iphones users. You can now download the ruwap game to your android, windows, iphone, and blackberry phones.

ruwap logo

Ruwap game download contains many functions which you will find interesting. Please note that you don't have to pay any amount of money in other to download any game.

On this site you can have Ruwap Game Download |Ruwap Music Download |www.ruwap.mobi

The free ruwap mp3 music download category is one of the unique thing about this ruwap.mobi where the Ruwap Game Download |Ruwap Music Download |www.ruwap.mobi can be downloaded. Interesting songs by various best artist all around the globe can be found on the portal given above.

Android games like candy crush, mustafa game, temple run, subway surfers and lots of other action games have been downloaded from the ruwap game download.

Waptrick is the most popular place for music and games download, so i can also tell you that ruwap music download on www.ruwap.mobi is second best in terms of music, games and application downloads. And also, fresh music from artists are uploaded immediately for download.

click>>> here for more details
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by NigerianScholar: 2:16pm On Apr 29, 2016
You forgot the most important point. Which is finding out d type of chargers used in ur destination eg naija charger nd America charger
TohKunBoh:

http://blog.ng.jovago.com/4-tips-for-travelling-with-a-phone-3252

Goodluck in your travels

Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by dumie(f): 2:40pm On Apr 29, 2016
Thanx for sharing
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by bigass123(m): 3:19pm On Apr 29, 2016
Thanks

Legitdeals:

5.5" screen (just perfect for a phablet)

1Gb ram (tho. low, but I didn't buy a playstation) moreover d HIOS 5.1 running on d fone is so light and doesn't use up RAM

it's pretty okay for normal users... not for gamers

buh I'll recommend it for anyone

price was 29500 @ 3Chub computer village when I bought it

m sure it has gone up now.. shld be like 32000
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by BJIZZY(m): 4:48pm On Apr 29, 2016
No disrepect, but don't say what yhu dunno bro. Shorter cables charge faster, simply cos of the travel time like the OP explained. Try it yourself.
ForeverNew:
@OP the lenght of the chord has nothing to do with the charging time. Nice info anyway.
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by note123: 5:19pm On Apr 29, 2016
[Good but i think govt should make used of heat in 9ja tovgenerate eletricity for us ooquote author=ForeverNew post=45137254]Power bank is the surest oo. [/quote]
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by note123: 5:20pm On Apr 29, 2016
[Good but i think govt should make of heat in 9ja tovgenerate eletricity for us ooquote author=ForeverNew post=45137254]Power bank is the surest oo. [/quote]
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by Orator2383: 6:17pm On Apr 29, 2016
Cliveglobal1:
Tecno L8? 5000mAh battery? I haven't Heard or Seen It Before.
it's in the market. It has 5050mAh battery
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by Lionofdjungle: 8:16pm On Apr 29, 2016
Cliveglobal1:
Tecno L8? 5000mAh battery? I haven't Heard or Seen It Before.
it's the one I'm using to access nairaland now. it's a new tecno phone and it's battery life is long.
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by stevepeters: 9:00pm On Apr 29, 2016
I definitely need one of those!

ForeverNew:
Wow!! 16,000 mAh?? That would be interesting
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by stevepeters: 9:02pm On Apr 29, 2016
Is it 5035mAh or 5050mAh?

Legitdeals:
Tecno l8 na bad fone o..

Tecno got this one right

Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by MaryAnne360: 9:32pm On Apr 29, 2016
I think it has been for a while now!
Its more like a powerbank
Lionofdjungle:
it's the one I'm using to access nairaland now. it's a new tecno phone and it's battery life is long.
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by Cliveglobal1(m): 10:17pm On Apr 29, 2016
Lionofdjungle:

Really? That Battery capacity is very Very good o. Especially in Our climes where power is Inepileptic.
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by chiefobdk(m): 10:27pm On Apr 29, 2016
Dexter247:
NB: Never switch your phone to Airplane mode while charging , it will damage your phone's battery just like it did to my Galaxy S5

ignorant comment.

airplane mode
Airplane mode is a setting on your phone that lets you
turn off the cellular connection, Wi-Fi, FM radio, and
Bluetooth on your phone simultaneously. This way you
can use other apps (including ones that let you listen to
music or watch videos that are on your phone) that don't
require a cellular connection.

there is no way charging wen phone is in airplane mode affect or spoil battery. it will only quicken charge time because all cellular action which is a major battery consumer all off....

go find Wetin spoil Ur battery. maybe fake charger or low voltage

1 Like

Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by Lawcurrent(m): 10:27pm On Apr 29, 2016
OK I better turn my Airplane Mode, to avoid stories that touch
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by chiefobdk(m): 10:34pm On Apr 29, 2016
OgidiOlu3:

The resistance of an electric conductor is directly proportional to its length and inversely proportional to its area. That is, the longer the cable, the higher the resistance(meaning lower current passes through).

thanx..
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by chiefobdk(m): 10:34pm On Apr 29, 2016
OgidiOlu3:

thanx..

o level physics
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by yinka360nl1: 11:08pm On Apr 29, 2016
Powerbank is a necessity, dont travel long distances without it if you dont want to get bored.
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by 360koncepts: 11:15pm On Apr 29, 2016
Basic Level Elementary science grin
chiefobdk:

thanx..

o level physics
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by omoalajah(m): 12:02am On Apr 30, 2016
Yeah thats true... I concur
yinka360nl1:
Powerbank is a necessity, dont travel long distances without it if you dont want to get bored.
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by gingerman876: 12:18am On Apr 30, 2016
Insightful post..... Thanks OP. My Camon C8 will always be paired with a powerbank to take pictures of any adventure.
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by JustOutstanding: 3:23am On Apr 30, 2016
Nice tips. This will always come in handy
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by Nobody: 4:27am On Apr 30, 2016
stevepeters:
Is it 5035mAh or 5050mAh?

Sorry 5050mAh.. My mistake

Na powerbank.. Lool
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by jidehis: 8:53am On Apr 30, 2016
just2endowed:

Romoss solo 5 10,000mah goes for 5,500.

Romoss solo6plus 16,000mah with Lcd display goes for 9k.

And quick look at the pictures.

Quite expensive
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by jidehis: 8:53am On Apr 30, 2016
omoalajah:
Yeah thats true... I concur
Very much needed
Re: 4 Important Tips For Travelling With A Smartphone. by jidehis: 8:55am On Apr 30, 2016
MaryAnne360:
I think it has been for a while now!
Its more like a powerbank
Which phonee pls?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Samsung Banned From Selling Some Phones In U.S. / Factory That Made The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 batteries Catches Fire / Itel Releases New A70 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.