Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings (37482 Views)

Ortom: President Buhari Ignored My Invitation To Benue Over Herdsmen Killings / Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung / Residents Flee Their Vilages Over Herdsmen Attack As Buhari Visits Nasarawa.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by RillJ(m): 4:59pm On Apr 28, 2016
Speak, protest or 'rant' all you can, this government will ever be; nonplused about your pains and nonplussed on the best way out.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by LordAdam: 5:02pm On Apr 28, 2016
theV0ice:

You didn't answer my question which was "expatiate on why you think Soyinka hated GEJ"?

If you could tell why you think that, it would make it easier to put your post which contains a lot of truth in proper perspective. However would it have been better if Aso rock continued to have Yoruba as lingual franca? Is it more appropriate to have ijaw as the official language? When will it be the turn of berom?

Why didn't we even vote Prof Pat Utomi in 2011 instead of mediocre(to use your words) GEJ?

Soyinka condemned OBJ in his book " You must set forth at dawn" published when OBJ was still President and he described him as devious. He condemned buhari in that same book. He fought for GEJ to be made acting President when most of those in PDP were wining and dining with Turai. The bottom line is that the old man has a right to change his stance and if you read him all through that period, you'd have heard him say how difficult it was to even look favourably in buhari's direction.

I, like Soyinka, believe we would have been in a worse situation politically, economically and security wise if GEJ had continued. Its a choice Soyinka was perfectly entitled to make.

How would you ensure an Hausa Fulani never get to aso rock again in a democracy with universal adult suffrage?

You know deep down that what you typed is balderdash.

The decision by Soyinka was flawed not necessarily because he hated GEJ, but because he miscalculated the existential politicking of 2015.

Soyinka has been a staunch critic of Buhari, he made the U-turn because he was led to believe that PMB was a repentant democrat. That is the reason for the flawed decision he made. Normal humans can be reformed, but not Buhari. The antecedents were very clear.

A 73 years old former head of state, oil minister that has never worked for anything in his adult life. No company, no fund, no philanthropic activity, no business aside his native herdsman occupation which he was raised with. In fact, he had just 150 cows as a man of his status.

Until 2014, Buhari has been the poster-child of the North's oppression of the South and he had been very vocal about it. From absolving Abacha of all wrongdoing to confronting the Oyo state governor about farmer-Fulani clashes, to inciting the 2011 post-election crises in the North, to calling Boko Haram members sons of the North. He even outdid Babangida.

However, in barely one month because of a coalition of political parties, Nigeria's most celebrated literary icon believed that a man with such precedence had become a reformed democrat. Let that sink in, IN LESS THAN ONE MONTH!

Suddenly, the man who was protecting Boko Haram and even pointed out as a trusted negotiator promised to squash BH. A man who was oil minister under the most corrupt military regime claimed to be a man of integrity who would rid Nigeria of corruption.

When Obasanjo ran for President in 1999, he was the most qualified ex-military dictator. Why? Because of his antecedent. He oversaw Nigeria's most prosperous economic period during the military era and handed over to civilian rule willingly. In contrast, Buhari oversaw Nigeria's worst economic period during the military era, when people queued to buy salt, and he overthrew a legitimate civilian government.

Soyinka, though a respected man of letter, and one I certainly have utmost respect for, failed with his support of Buhari. The only person worse than Buhari that could have contested was IBB. Every other Northern presidential hopeful at 2015 was better than Buhari. Atiku is better, even el-Rufai would have been a better choice, even Ribadu would have been a better choice.

Everyone makes mistakes, and Soyinka's support of Buhari is the worst mistake of his post-1999 stint. A reformed democrat would show signs of being reformed years before saying so, he contested elections 3 times, in 12 years and never showed signs of being a reformed democrat, but someone who purports to be intelligent believed he would become reformed magically if he assumed the seat.

What we are experiencing is not a surprise. It was expected. Anyone who did not see this coming is, without mincing words, a F00L.

If Buhari can rule Nigeria after all he did and said, Hitler can rule Nigeria.

-Lord

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by jacksonite: 5:16pm On Apr 28, 2016
ricsman:
Nobel laureate, Wole Soyinka, has lashed out at the presidency for its seeming inability to rein in the violent activities of herdsmen across the country.
In his address to the National Conference on Culture and Tourism, Wednesday, Mr. Soyinka said the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government was yet to come up with an articulate solution to tackle the menace.
“I have yet to hear this government articulate a firm policy of non-tolerance for the serial massacres that have become the nation’s identification stamp,” said Mr. Soyinka.
“I have not heard an order given that any cattle herders caught with sophisticated firearms be instantly disarmed, arrested, placed on trial, and his cattle confiscated. The nation is treated to an eighteen-month optimistic plan which, to make matters worse, smacks of abject appeasement and encouragement of violence on innocents.
“Let me repeat, and of course I only ask to be corrected if wrong: I have yet to encounter a terse, rigorous, soldierly and uncompromising language from this leadership, one that threatens a response to this unconscionable blood-letting that would make even Boko Haram repudiate its founding clerics.‎”
Suspected Fulani herdsmen on Monday unleashed terror on Ukpabi Nimbo, a community in Enugu State, killing dozens of people.
The attack came weeks after a similar wave of violence by herdsmen in Agatu in Benue State.
After weeks of apparent silence on the killings that have spread to other states, the presidency on Wednesday ordered the police to go after the suspected herdsmen.
Foramfera
“When I read a short while ago, the Presidential assurance to this nation that the current homicidal escalation between the cattle prowlers and farming communities would soon be over, I felt mortified,” Mr. Soyinka said.
“He had the solution, he said. Cattle ranches were being set up, and in another 18 months, rustlings, destruction of livelihood and killings from herdsmen would be ‘a thing of the past’. 18 months, he assured the nation. I believe his Minister of Agriculture echoed that later, but with a less dispiriting time schema.
“Neither, however, could be considered a message of solace and reassurance for the ordinary Nigerian farmer and the lengthening cast of victims, much less to an intending tourist to the Forest Retreat of Tinana in the Rivers, the Ikogosi Springs or the moslem architectural heritage of the ancient city of Kano. In any case, the external tourists have less hazardous options.‎”
Mr. Soyinka recalled with nostalgia how he – in the company of the late Segun Olusola – journeyed across Nigeria in the pre-war 60’s, mostly out of curiosity.
“But now, would the young adventurous set out to visit the mystery caves of Anambra and its alleged curative pools from mere interest?
“They would think twice about it. It is not merely arbitrary violence that reigns across the nation but total, undisputed impunity. Impunity evolves and becomes integrated in conduct when crime occurs and no legal, logical and moral response is offered.‎”
Mr. Soyinka also said he had a personal experience recently with the cattle herders, right at his doorstep.
‎”I returned from a trip outside the country about to find that my home ground had been invaded, and a brand-new ‘Appian way’ sliced through my sanctuary,” said Mr. Soyinka.
“That ‘motorable’ path was made by the hoofed invaders. Both the improvised entry and exit are now blocked, but interested journalists are invited to visit.
“In over two decades of living in that ecological preserve, no such intrusion had ever occurred. I have no idea whether they were Fulani or Futa Jalon herdsmen but, they were cattle herders, and they had cut a crude swathe through my private grounds.
“I made enquiries and sent alerts around, including through the Baale of our neighborhood village. There has been no repeat, and hopefully it will remain the first and last of such invasion. What it portends however is for all thinking citizens to reflect upon, and take concerted measures against.”
Mr. Soyinka noted that herdsmen are among humanity’s earliest known tourists and must be taught a culture of settlement with their hosts.
“The leadership of any society cannot stand idly and offer solutions that implicitly deem the massacres of innocents mere incidents on the way to that learning school,” he said.
“For every crime, there is a punishment, for every violation, there must be restitution. The nomads of the world cannot place themselves above the law of settled humanity.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/202563-soyinka-blasts-buhari-herdsmen-killings
So if Fulani herdsmen had not carved a path through your land you would have remained unconcerned about the danger this barbarians pose to the unity of this country? You are such a selfish old educated fool!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by Dragonking: 5:38pm On Apr 28, 2016
vinscent:
Heartless man,he could talk when it becomes his problem with them naw...not when others were suffering from fulani invasion...I hold nothing against you but you seems to care about yourself alone with all the respect we Nigerians got for you...

spafu:
Leave this English prof, na now you dey remember grammar? Who tell you say the Dullard of Daura go under all these you big big isms words? When you dey follow Ameach chop pounded yam dey shout GEJ must go you know remember say English dey. More recently wet you dey praise Buhari, you no remember English. Abegi
Keep quiet there!! angry .. What has ur own elders or leaders done apart from crying like biitches and begging massacred indigenes to fast and pray? I am not Igbo or yourba but it is high time u guys think and stop this senseless bigotry..
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by olisaEze(m): 5:46pm On Apr 28, 2016
Oga Wole wait till the grazing bill is made into a law, then your well nurtured sanctuary will become another man's ranch 4life! That is what our FG has in store 4us all down south.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by Dragonking: 5:47pm On Apr 28, 2016
Udofire:

prayer can save you even when the fulani s cutlass is on your neck.
I pray that the Fulani herdsmen cutlass will be on ur neck next then. Don't forget to fast and pray then o
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by Udofire(m): 6:20pm On Apr 28, 2016
Dragonking:
I pray that the Fulani herdsmen cutlass will be on ur neck next then. Don't forget to fast and pray then o
take am easy bros, this one no be prayer,na curse.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by TruthisGOD: 6:28pm On Apr 28, 2016
loopman:

Eerie and chilling.
I just hope you are wrong and those of us that voted this government have no made the biggest and worst mistake ever in Nigeria.
Am afraid that guy is absolutely correct, power may never come back to the South again. Can't u see? For PDP to win the must bring a Northerner president, the same goes with APC. Tinubu made the World biggest mistake. The south is now divided and the North now holds this country in their palms.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by hero2000: 6:38pm On Apr 28, 2016
Wesely01:

Where has Soyinka been since the whole thing was turning into this huge mess? Oh the man also was waiting to see if he would be giving SSA to president abi, during the past administration I could remember vividly that he voiced out on a every single thing GEJ was doing and now it's been more than 4 months with no fuel, no light, no food, killings by herdsmen and his just knowing about it. Nigerians with Hypocrisy.

Please, weigh what you say in a public space and don't say things that are abrasive to reason. Soyinka; SSA to PMB! Are you alright?

Or are a child? If you were not born at the time, then know today that Soyinka won Nobel Prize in Literature in 1987-the first African to win such. I believe you know what the prize is.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by TruthisGOD: 6:38pm On Apr 28, 2016
LordAdam:

The decision by Soyinka was flawed not necessarily because he hated GEJ, but because he miscalculated the existential politicking of 2015.

Soyinka has been a staunch critic of Buhari, he made the U-turn because he was led to believe that PMB was a repentant democrat. That is the reason for the flawed decision he made. Normal humans can be reformed, but not Buhari. The antecedents were very clear.

A 73 years old former head of state, oil minister that has never worked for anything in his adult life. No company, no fund, no philanthropic activity, no business aside his native herdsman occupation which he was raised with. In fact, he had just 150 cows as a man of his status.

Until 2014, Buhari has been the poster-child of the North's oppression of the South and he had been very vocal about it. From absolving Abacha of all wrongdoing to confronting the Oyo state governor about farmer-Fulani clashes, to inciting the 2011 post-election crises in the North, to calling Boko Haram members sons of the North. He even outdid Babangida.

However, in barely one month because of a coalition of political parties, Nigeria's most celebrated literary icon believed that a man with such precedence had become a reformed democrat. Let that sink in, IN LESS THAN ONE MONTH!

Suddenly, the man who was protecting Boko Haram and even pointed out as a trusted negotiator promised to squash BH. A man who was oil minister under the most corrupt military regime claimed to be a man of integrity who would rid Nigeria of corruption.

When Obasanjo ran for President in 1999, he was the most qualified ex-military dictator. Why? Because of his antecedent. He oversaw Nigeria's most prosperous economic period during the military era and handed over to civilian rule willingly. In contrast, Buhari oversaw Nigeria's worst economic period during the military era, when people queued to buy salt, and he overthrew a legitimate civilian government.

Soyinka, though a respected man of letter, and one I certainly have utmost respect for, failed with his support of Buhari. The only person worse than Buhari that could have contested was IBB. Every other Northern presidential hopeful at 2015 was better than Buhari. Atiku is better, even el-Rufai would have been a better choice, even Ribadu would have been a better choice.

Everyone makes mistakes, and Soyinka's support of Buhari is the worst mistake of his post-1999 stint. A reformed democrat would show signs of being reformed years before saying so, he contested elections 3 times, in 12 years and never showed signs of being a reformed democrat, but someone who purports to be intelligent believed he would become reformed magically if he assumed the seat.

What we are experiencing is not a surprise. It was expected. Anyone who did not see this coming is, without mincing words, a F00L.

-Lord
Brilliant! You nailed it.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by Twistaray(m): 6:43pm On Apr 28, 2016
gidgiddy:

Yorubas are fearless? They are too scared of life without 'one Nigeria'. The same Yorubas want to be 'one Nigeria' with the Hausa/Fulani invaders. The so called politicians are all after their pocket. The Igbo villagers and their Dane guns are no match for the AK 47 equiped Fulani. It is not a level playing field. Like Soyinka said, take away the guns of the Fulani and they are finished, however, the Government have allowed them to carry firearms while the same Government will go and shoot unarmed IPOB members. Nobody is fooling anybody

So according to you if Yoruba chose to remain in one nigeria that's a sign of cowardice?

And how did you come to that conclusion ,anyway? You better go fasting and prayers. Afterall that's your warfare weapon for NOW grin

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by omojeesu(m): 6:57pm On Apr 28, 2016
nnadychuks:
In Patrick's voice;it a regrettably hypocritical fareaytoty that the yearling feasibly fusihgondalised the herdsmen into epileptically fashoned gagantuanism and gorously kankarazed our fellow nigerians gringringringrin

Haba! You cant be serious!
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by preselect(m): 7:04pm On Apr 28, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

well spoken!!! if power was suppoed to go back to the North for any reason whatserever.Buhari was never an option!!The man is an irredeemable bigot

[size=18pt]irredeemable bigot. . . . . irredeemable . . . that's what some people dont understand. [/size]

#Buharicary--> #GovtByBlood

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by DCONE1(m): 7:29pm On Apr 28, 2016
jerseyboy:
Soyinka's support for Buhari in 2015 was perplexing for a man of letters. So many were blinded by hatred for Jonathan that they failed to see clearly that they were marching us back to the Egypt of our Fulani internal colonial masters.
I want your dreams to come true....I want buharis admin to fail , so that you would say “told you that jonathan was better than buhari“ but don forget that if it failed na we all go suffer am all.....since jonathan is your uncle.......no president can please NIGERIANS ......make una kukuma kill the man naw make una rest....,no be wetin una want.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by CosmicJames(m): 7:39pm On Apr 28, 2016
beejaay:
Maybe there will be light after all if people of letters like Soyinka begin to speak up....maybe just maybe
Maybe? For this government? No way!
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by gidgiddy: 7:42pm On Apr 28, 2016
Twistaray:

So according to you if Yoruba chose to remain in one nigeria that's a sign of cowardice?

And how did you come to that conclusion ,anyway? You better go fasting and prayers. Afterall that's your warfare weapon for NOW grin

Oh yes, it is a sign of cowardice. When a group of people willingly decide to throw their sovereignty away out of fear of the unknown, it is a cowardly approach to life.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by Ezegozie(m): 8:09pm On Apr 28, 2016
Dollyak:
If there is one thing I have learnt from this unfortunate event is that Yorubas are the most influential and most fearless ethnic group in Nigeria. No Igbo leaders would dare say some of the criticism I have heard from some Yorubas. SE people needs to go and do some soul searching because they have been found out on a massive scale. The response from your Governors was a disgrace.

One thing you fail to understand is that too much talk is never a sign of fearlessness and influence.
Talk is cheap and I think Yorubas are good with words.
But I gotta question.

Who too much talk don EPP?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by Twistaray(m): 8:26pm On Apr 28, 2016
gidgiddy:

Oh yes, it is a sign of cowardice. When a group of people willingly decide to throw their sovereignty away out of fear of the unknown, it is a cowardly approach to life.

How did you come to such conclusion that they did exactly what you are pointing at them? Not every tribe is foolish to engage in a fruitless battle without making use of their brain like one tribe is known for, you know?

And what has your tribe, the so call brave tribe achieved with her clamour for self determination than death,more infliction, lamentation and to top it all confined and consider unworthy citizen that doesn't fit to live among the rest.

Look at how you were being slaughtered in your territory, ransacked,treated like a slave only for your leaders to call for prayers/fasting...Loolz tell me, is that what you calll bravery?
Una better use una head and defend your region before these barbaric ones rape all your women and deposit their gene in your women. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by Twistaray(m): 8:30pm On Apr 28, 2016
Ezegozie:

One thing you fail to understand is that too much talk is never a sign of fearlessness and influence.
Talk is cheap and I think Yorubas are good with words.
But I gotta question.

Who too much talk don EPP?

shocked

Edited, quote the wrong I.D cheesy
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by spafu(m): 9:01pm On Apr 28, 2016
Dragonking:

Keep quiet there!! angry .. What has ur own elders or leaders done apart from crying like biitches and begging massacred indigenes to fast and pray? I am not Igbo or yourba but it is high time u guys think and stop this senseless bigotry..
Of course, couldn't you be an Igbo or Yoruba. I know you are one useless Aboki who lives in No Sense Avenue off Duara Close adjacent Sambisa street.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by Dragonking: 9:32pm On Apr 28, 2016
Udofire:

take am easy bros, this one no be prayer,na curse.
OK, no vex sha

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by vislabraye(m): 9:44pm On Apr 28, 2016
Ibangap:
The professor sure know when to speak out. But who has too many grammar helped? Anyway, at least now he has spoken out, and I hope the president will listen and act on this issue once and for all.

He has spoken, thank God. Let Mbaka also speak.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by Udofire(m): 9:44pm On Apr 28, 2016
Dragonking:
OK, no vex sha
no lele
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 28, 2016
Dollyak:
This is the truth. Isn't it a disgrace no leader from SE has been able to call Buhari to order by at least sending a strong message? The people I have seen so far, rightly or wrongly, criticizing Buharis (Femi, Fayose, etc) are Yorubas. In the context of the coward jabs by the SE I find my comment appropriate.

Enugu, see your governor undecided
Subservient bastard.
Can't even stand erect and shake his fellow man.
Shame.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by Achorise: 11:25pm On Apr 28, 2016
Dollyak:
If there is one thing I have learnt from this unfortunate event is that Yorubas are the most influential and most fearless ethnic group in Nigeria. No Igbo leaders would dare say some of the criticism I have heard from some Yorubas. SE people needs to go and do some soul searching because they have been found out on a massive scale. The response from your Governors was a disgrace.
Brother, I'm an Igbo boy, full fleshed, you are so so on point. How can a governor declare prayers on a matter ilke this.I commend the massob for their press release and ultimatum.
The Igbo governos are really rubber stamp and stooges.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 28, 2016
”I returned from a trip outside the country about to find that my home ground had been invaded, and a brand-new ‘Appian way’ sliced through my sanctuary,” said Mr. Soyinka.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by safarigirl(f): 2:33am On Apr 29, 2016
Anwulisomto:

Honestly, I am ashamed to be Igbo. We simply have no pride or shame. Bunch of lilly livered dunces. I will rather be Yoruba anyday, anytime. My people have put us to shame too many times.
LOL....I'm sure you would.

Lily-livered dunces that held down allied forces for 3 years? Lily-livered dunces that were responsible for the greatest resistance the Colonialists had to face in Nigeria?

Considering you're beating your chest on an online forum rather than going to help your people, I can see why you wouldn't want to be Igbo

I don't know what part of Igbo land you're from, but MY part isn't filled with lily-livered dunces or talkative leaders. We deal with who needs to be dealt with and leave talk for market gossips.

I'm sure you read of us a couple of weeks ago as regards the Fulani....PS: I do not think Sullivan Chime would have shown the kind of weakness Ugwuanyi is showing. The man looks like a weakling anyway

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by gidgiddy: 7:16am On Apr 29, 2016
Twistaray:

How did you come to such conclusion that they did exactly what you are pointing at them? Not every tribe is foolish to engage in a fruitless battle without making use of their brain like one tribe is known for, you know?

And what has your tribe, the so call brave tribe achieved with her clamour for self determination than death,more infliction, lamentation and to top it all confined and consider unworthy citizen that doesn't fit to live among the rest.

Look at how you were being slaughtered in your territory, ransacked,treated like a slave only for your leaders to call for prayers/fasting...Loolz tell me, is that what you calll bravery?
Una better use una head and defend your region before these barbaric ones rape all your women and deposit their gene in your women. smiley

I don't expect people like you to understand. Lord Lugard came from Britain to make you a 'Nigerian' and a Nigerian shall you forever remain.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by Niyinficient(m): 7:51am On Apr 29, 2016
Alokendra:
When will Yoruba sons start learning not to fight these people's battle? They don't worth it..trust me

Ogbeni...they ar fighting their own Battle
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by theV0ice: 8:39am On Apr 29, 2016
LordAdam:

And you typed this with any iota of sense? What's pinching your scrotum so much you can't reply a post without getting into a frenzy?? Shut up next time if you can't match the civility of my post.

And you were blind to see that it was the hatred factor I was concerned about?

Soyinka refused to support the looting of the country by GEJ and his minions, how is that a crime?

And he had no right to make the u-turn? Were GEJ's antecedents as a weakling, mediocre waster not clear from his days in bayelsa and Turai's kitchen?

Did you blame Soyinka for supporting him then instead of prof Pat Utomi who was also a candidate?

And your GEJ was a dangote in his native bayelsa right? Is it anybody's fault that your GEJ was too weak to even control his own own home talk less a govt?

GEJ lost the elections and no amount of crying will change it.

How else do you wish to be told that anyone, any one at all was better than the weakling we had in ado rock then?

Its an indictment on GEJ that his story as an "ineffectual buffoon" made a buhari presidency attractive.

I guess GEJ who also called BH his siblings was protecting them hence the inability of the army to crush them then? Hope you won't protest if I insist modu sheriff is the acclaimed founder and financier of BH? What does that say about GEJ? Yet he is the same Chairman of GEJ and others today and would become their presidential candidate in 2019!!

Also, try get your facts right before ranting next time. Buhari was never oil minister to the most corrupt military regime. A regime that even GEJ has now surpassed in infamy.

When you take over from govts like shagari and GEJ, the economy must have problems. Weaklings who should never have been given the headship of town unions controlling the destinies of millions is always an aberration. Thank God we kicked them out.

Buhari was oil minister under that same OBJ prosperous regime you just eulogised.

Just as Donald Duke and even Peter Odili were better as VP in 2007 yet the gods picked a weakling. Just as Pat Utomi or Ribadu would have been better than GEJ in 2011. Just as Sule Lamido or even Atiku would have done better than GEJ in 2015.

Its to the shame of GEJ that Nigeria and the international community had no choice but to call up a retired soldier to come clear his mess.

If your girlfriend or wife starts eyeing your Gateman, its not the girl's or the Gateman's fault. You've become useless is the reason.

And you that assumed GEJ was the best the PDP had to offer is the intelligent one? You that believed a man who spent 8 years in bayelsa executive with nothing to show would make a good president is the one that is intelligent?

You that assumed a Phd holder who was a peer to Idi Amin in financial management was the best for Nigeria is now the intelligent one?

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/196901-jonathan-ran-cbn-like-idi-amin-soludo.html

I agree. Anyone who didn't see this economy becoming like this is a F00L!

Anyone who assumes the economy will not suffer from the past govts pillaging, looting and wastages even with warnings from NOI is indeed an irredeemable F00L!

https://www.naij.com/454123-okonjo-iweala-warns-successor-of-difficult-times.html

http://newsrescue.com/broken-looted-economy-get-ready-suffering-ngozi-iweala-tells-nigerians/#axzz47CTi4cqr

https://www.naij.com/433579-nigeria-borrows-money-to-pay-govt-salaries.html

Finally, anyone who believes a govt that couldn't manage wealth will be able to manage lean times is an hopeless F00L!!

-Lord

If its against the GEJ of 2015, even the devil should fancy his chances

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by nnadychuks(m): 8:47am On Apr 29, 2016
omojeesu:

Haba! You cant be serious!
lolz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Nickel Discovery Is First Of Its Kind - Australian Mining Firm / Police Station Flooded After Rainfall: Nigerians React / 3 Parties Call For Cancellation Of Rivers Election Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.