Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links (6227 Views)

Iara Oshiomhole Visits Orphanage Home In Edo. PICS / Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners / Oshiomhole, Obaseki, In Traditional Outfits As Osinbajo Arrives Benin Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by chidiezeh(m): 6:36am On Apr 29, 2016
– The governor of Edo state has met with the Chinese Consul-General to discuss trade

– Governor Adams Oshiomhole said his state can offer excellent opportunities thanks to its natural resources

– The meeting follows shortly after President Muhammadu Buhari’s visit to the East Asian giant

As a follow-up to President Muhammadu Buhari’s recent visit to China, the Chinese Consul-General in Nigeria, Liu Khan, has visited Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo state to explore investment opportunities in the state and locate more Chinese industries there.

Governor Oshiomhole has prioritized strengthened diplomatic relations with China with a view to deepening investment ties with the people and government of China.

Receiving the consul-general in his office, Oshiomhole thanked him for leading a delegation of investors to the state

[/i]Let me thank you, Mr Khan, for leading a delegation to pay us a visit. They, along with other Chinese companies, have set up various factories in Edo state,” Governor Oshiomhole said.

“I have visited their factories and I am very impressed by what I saw, the quality of products they are producing, ceramic tiles and iron rods which we badly need for our construction industry.

“They shared with me their plans to further expand their operations. I have discussed with them about the possibility of establishing new investments in Edo state because we have so much natural resources besides oil and gas which we have in sufficient quantity[i]

Governor Oshiomhole said Edo state can offer Chinese investors and business huge opportunity thanks to its gas deposits, which will ensure the state continues to play a major role in Nigeria’s economy.

[/i]“Under the power arrangement, I also know that this state is meant to be one of the major hubs for power supply and distribution. Recently, a private company, Azura Power Plant, has commenced the process of laying about 450 megawatts of power which will be completed in the next one or two years, and the construction is still on,” the governor said.

“There are other power plants that are already in existence. And so, in the very near future, we will have enough power supply coming from Edo State. I know that from my conversation with some Chinese companies here, they told me that with power, they have so much more they can do[i]

https://www.naij.com/814863-edo-state-governor-announces-major-trade-plan-buharis-china-visit.html

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by feldido(m): 7:06am On Apr 29, 2016
APC and china.
You wonder why?

China=FAKE

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by blackpanda: 7:30am On Apr 29, 2016
feldido:
APC and china.
You wonder why?

China=FAKE

China = fastest growing economy, permanent sit in security council, one of the most powerful countries in the world!

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by TippyTop(m): 7:39am On Apr 29, 2016
Wasted 8yrs in office. Can't wait to see a new government in Edo as long as our incoming governor is not a puppet of Oshiomhole.

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by chriskosherbal(m): 8:01am On Apr 29, 2016
It's a welcome development .
Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by phayvoursky(m): 8:20am On Apr 29, 2016
APC AND THE LOVE FOR CHINA NA ENDLESS ROMANCE.

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by melvinjames: 8:20am On Apr 29, 2016
Too little too late, APC are going in September.

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by singlefade25(f): 8:20am On Apr 29, 2016
Good move grin
Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by UpEdo: 8:21am On Apr 29, 2016
Oshiomhole should just go and die.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:23am On Apr 29, 2016
Nice
Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by georgementday(m): 8:29am On Apr 29, 2016
If only but i doubt it. The youths in Edo state are suffering

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by ritababe(f): 8:29am On Apr 29, 2016
a welcome development

#teamlanicky
Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by peter1994(m): 8:29am On Apr 29, 2016
Yes o

Other governors should follow suite. you don't even need to even wait for dia visit.. please invite them.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by leofab(f): 8:30am On Apr 29, 2016
Short black demon
Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by shamecurls(m): 8:34am On Apr 29, 2016
feldido:
APC and china.
You wonder why?

China=FAKE

You re outdated

7 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by Agimor(m): 8:38am On Apr 29, 2016
Osho romancing the Chinese government to attract meaningful development to his state,why one scum bag Governor in the southwest is trying all he can to frustrate their efforts. A man's enemy is a member of his household.

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by mrvitalis(m): 8:43am On Apr 29, 2016
Ok
Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by rollywise(m): 8:44am On Apr 29, 2016
TippyTop:
Wasted 8yrs in offt wait to see a new government in Edo as long as our incoming governor is not a puppet of Oshiomhole.

He's not perfect but show me a better government in the state since democracy!!

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by gunther6(m): 8:45am On Apr 29, 2016
feldido:
APC and china.
You wonder why?

China=FAKE

Get an elementary economics text book, thank me later

9 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by TippyTop(m): 8:53am On Apr 29, 2016
rollywise:

He's not perfect but show me a better government in the state since democracy!!

Prof Osariemen Osunbor did far better in 2yrs. I however must confess Adamu tried in his first term but thereafter the politician in him took over.
Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by Dollyak(f): 9:04am On Apr 29, 2016
feldido:
APC and china.
You wonder why?

China=FAKE
To be fair, Apc seems to be doing way more than PDP in growing the economy (Might be wrong). Some of these initiatives/intentions should be applauded.

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by gbrown(m): 9:09am On Apr 29, 2016
feldido:
APC and china.
You wonder why?

China=FAKE
stop wailing, change has come, change is something you will have to leave with, most American,s and Europeans have a preference for Chinese made goods, there is trade imbalance between china/usa which tilt in favour of China, its obvious you dont have a clue about China.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by najib632(m): 10:31am On Apr 29, 2016
blackpanda:

China = fastest growing economy, permanent sit in security council, one of the most powerful countries in the world!
And also a country that U.S. cannot mess with.
Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by goodvision12(m): 11:12am On Apr 29, 2016
blackpanda:

wahala dey for naija.Una never hear sey china dey sell packaged human parts now.Edo state go eat enough human meat.The problem is it will gradually circulate to other parts of the country.
Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by Omonigeriarere: 12:02pm On Apr 29, 2016
[s]
goodvision12:
wahala dey for naija.Una never hear sey china dey sell packaged human parts now.Edo state go eat enough human meat.The problem is it will gradually circulate to other parts of the country.
[/s]

Thrassssshhhhhhhhhhhhh from the mouth of a perpetual drunkard...............

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by goodvision12(m): 1:33pm On Apr 29, 2016
Omonigeriarere:
[s][/s]

Thrassssshhhhhhhhhhhhh from the mouth of a perpetual drunkard...............
So u mean yu are the only idiot who has not seen the videos and photos on the internet.Go make mama perpetual give yu ogogoro,fooool.
Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by Omonigeriarere: 1:50pm On Apr 29, 2016
[s]
goodvision12:
So u mean yu are the only idiot who has not seen the videos and photos on the internet.Go make mama perpetual give yu ogogoro,fooool.
[/s]

Tttrrrrraaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........................

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by goodvision12(m): 2:07pm On Apr 29, 2016
Omonigeriarere:
[s][/s]

Tttrrrrraaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........................
na u sabi
Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by Omonigeriarere: 5:10pm On Apr 29, 2016
[s]
goodvision12:
na u sabi
[/s]

th
thrrrrrrrrrrrrrrra
thththrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssshhhhhhhhh
Re: Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links by rollywise(m): 7:22pm On Apr 30, 2016
TippyTop:

Prof Osariemen Osunbor did far better in 2yrs. I however must confess Adamu tried in his first term but thereafter the politician in him took over.

Pls do you live in my Edo state?

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Reacts As The US Impose Visa Ban On Nigerian Politicians / APC Celebrating In Benin While Nigerians Are Crying (Pictures) / Is Anyone Watching Aljazeera Analysis On BH?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.