Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Have You Heard? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have You Heard? (635 Views)

IPOB: Have You Heard The Threat Nnamdi Kanu Made Against PMB? What's Your Take / "I Heard EFCC Is Cooking Up A Surprise For Me, I Ready For Una" - Dino Melaye / PHOTO. That Moment When You Heard Donald Trump Is Winning The Election. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Have You Heard? by ladkud(m): 9:17am On Apr 29, 2016
N100 Billion Approved for Constituency Projects in All Senatorial Districts and Federal Constituencies Across the Country. Hon. Bida As Nigerians anxiously await 2016 budget implementation, a member Federal House of Representatives from Niger State, Hon. Bala Faruk Bida has said right now their constituency allowances have been approved and given to them to facilitate constituency developmental projects. Hon. Bala Faruk Bida stated this while interacting with newsmen in Minna. He said a good numbers of Nigeria are ignorant of this money, adding that it has become mandatory for the constituents to put "an eagle eye" on the members of National Assembly to make sure the money is judiciously utilised. In his words, "As representatives of the people we must uphold the virtues of justice and honesty. What we are saying is that, for example, this N100 billion is meant for constituency projects. It is not money for our private pockets. In many instances, the people do not feel the impact of this money. Now that we know, we are in turn telling Nigerian to open their eyes and asked members representing them how much is allocated to them from the N100b approved. What project(s) should be embark upon. And they should ensure such projects are executed. Failure to, the people should sue." When asked how was the N100b shared. Hon. Bida said, "Niger State got N1.5b. Each senatorial district (Zone A, B and C) was given N500 million. We the members of House of Representatives were given N100 million each, while the Senators collected N200 million each. I asked my constituents what project do they want to be carried out with the N100 million I received. They said power project. I gave them the money without removing a kobo from it because is not mine." "What we are saying in essence is that we should make sure we do justice to Nigerians. What is meant for the people should be given to them." He added. Source: This news item was recorded and reported in Hausa by Mustapha Nasiru Batsari of Voice of America and translated by Shuaib Awaisu Wana Fellow constituents, the ball is now in our court. #OccupyYourSenatorsAndReps and demand for what is rightfully yours #Dazzol

(1) (Reply)

Calling On NDIGBO; Time To Take Over Cattle (beef And Milk) Business In West Afr / Buhari May Sign 2016 Budget On Friday As FG Outlines 34 Priority Projects / Man caught stealing - rough-handled & beaten up in Bayelsa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.