Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? (2002 Views)

When Will President Buhari Be Considered Incapacitated? / President Buhari Just Did This To Gov Fayose / Buhari Just Confirmed That He Is Solidly Behind The Fulani Expansionist Agenda. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by Movic1(m): 10:53am On Apr 29, 2016
Buhari and APC made so much promises that it is almost certain they can’t deliver on a substantial number of them. That may not be a problem if they are able to eventually deliver on the giant ones like security, corruption and economy. Unfortunately none seems working. Asiwaju Tinubu told us that President Buhari and his party have at least 100 days of honeymoon before embarking on the implementation of "change" programme.
May 29th is near,i think they are still on honeymoon,the 2016 budget is still hanging around,fuel scarcity,Power failure,fulani/bh mayhem etc.
The Buhari promises are well documented and there will be no room for escapism.
Will he just celebrate one year in office without achieving anything? Even if it's just a room or 2 room clinic,the president should just build it before May29 so that he can celebrate 365days in office and still have something to commission.

Note buhari is left with 700 days or less,the remain days is for political campaigns.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by postmann: 10:59am On Apr 29, 2016
Sound question. There's nothing to celebrate actually.

11 Likes

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 29, 2016
There is a lot to celebrate, corruption has reduced by a reasonable percentage. The foundation to build a great county is being dug.

Vote mimzy for Miss Nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/mimzy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by dondo83(m): 11:02am On Apr 29, 2016
recovery of stolen funds

blockages of avenue to steal government funds

calmness back in the north east

biggest budget in the history of Nigeria despite the fall in oil price

I can go on and on

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by Movic1(m): 11:18am On Apr 29, 2016
firstEVA:
There is a lot to celebrate, corruption has reduced by a reasonable percentage. The foundation to build a great county is being dug.

Lol! A lot? Im talking about visible project Can he commission anti-corruption?
I hope you know a car they called End of discussion and discussion continues? cheesy
When buhari first came we are all seeing it like the End of corruption is here,now as we write,Corruption has continue simply because all those involved in the act have study and understand buhari. He's not fighting anything. cheesy
Just because you see some people in court? Corruption is still on.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by Movic1(m): 11:24am On Apr 29, 2016
dondo83:
recovery of stolen funds

I can go on and on

Go on pls?

They told us they havent recover any stolen money.

Calmness in the North East but tension in the South/NC! i.e fulani terrorists

biggest budget grin ? the so called biggest budget is still on pending . I even read it in the news that they are planning the 2017 budget

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by amaechi1: 11:29am On Apr 29, 2016
Financial reckless and impunity that used to the order of the day, have being reduced. For over twenty years, our major oil pipelines that has never worked or supply crude to refineries are back. Reckless capital flight has reduced.

2 Likes

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by amaechi1: 11:36am On Apr 29, 2016
The OP might be right in terms of visible infrastructure, but rebuilding the system has been a tremendous e.g. the repair of our major pipeline and refineries is huge success no matter their refining capacity. Just, like one commentator before pointed out, the reduced onslaught of BH at the NE is an achievement. I believe he will do more if given the necessary support.

1 Like

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by Movic1(m): 11:38am On Apr 29, 2016
amaechi1:
Financial reckless and impunity that used to the order of the day, have being reduced. For over twenty years, our major oil pipelines that has never worked or supply crude to refineries are back. Reckless capital flight has reduced.

Tell me the amount the president used on his travels before we talk about financial recklessness.

Impunity reduced? Fulanis herdsmen killed hundred in agatu and the president didnt say a word or take any action!

Major pipelines working and there's still fuel scarcity ?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by maslong(m): 11:46am On Apr 29, 2016
Movic1:
Buhari and APC made so much promises that it is almost certain they can’t deliver on a substantial number of them. That may not be a problem if they are able to eventually deliver on the giant ones like security, corruption and economy. Unfortunately none seems working. Asiwaju Tinubu told us that President Buhari and his party have at least 100 days of honeymoon before embarking on the implementation of "change" programme.
May 29th is near,i think they are still on honeymoon,the 2016 budget is still hanging around,fuel scarcity,Power failure,fulani/bh mayhem etc.
Will he just celebrate one year in office without achieving anything? Even if it's just a room or 2 room clinic,the president should just build it before May29 so that he can celebrate 365days in office and still have something to commission.

Note buhari is left with 700 days or less,the remain days is for political campaigns.

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by alade112(m): 11:49am On Apr 29, 2016
Movic1:
Even if it's just a room or 2 room clinic,the president should just build it before May29 so that he can celebrate 365days in office and still have something to commission.

Lol! cheesy cheesy.

He will commission some projects in Apc state to celebrate his 1yr in office, since there is nothing to show!

4 Likes

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by maslong(m): 11:49am On Apr 29, 2016
Movic1:

He is helping his brothers (fulani) to kill and destroy.
that is an achievement to mr buhari and the blood thirsty satan.
So far buhari and his brothers have achieved killing of over 800 innocent peoples

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by kcnwaigbo: 11:50am On Apr 29, 2016
amaechi1:
The OP might be right in terms of visible infrastructure, but rebuilding the system has been a tremendous e.g. the repair of our major pipeline and refineries is huge success no matter their refining capacity. Just, like one commentator before pointed out, the reduced onslaught of BH at the NE is an achievement. I believe he will do more if given the necessary support.
Lolz!! Rebuilding of damaged pipelines indeed!! Was the pipelines damaged before May 29 2015? Boko haram changing name to fulani herdsmen and moving further south!! Achievements indeed!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by Timolanki(m): 12:27pm On Apr 29, 2016
What i knw is that most political leaders in Nigeria have very little or no success to celebrate after their tenure n BUHARI has Joined their queue.

1 Like

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by Goddex: 12:39pm On Apr 29, 2016
[size=15pt]Op, my beloved president has achieved a lot.

1) He killed IPOB demonstrators

2) He reserved 97% political appointments to his Hausa/Fulani region while 5% to South South and South East

3) Nigeria is now missing in the first 15 fastest growing economies in the Africa

4) Nigerians now sleep at filling stations and fuel now sells for 200 naira

5) Naira now exchanges for 360 to the dollar

6) Prices of all commodities have skyrocket

7) Nigerians are losing jobs everyday and today, first Bank is from today sacking 1000 workers

Seriously, OP, I have also been wondering too . . .
No single project to his name till date
[/size]

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by youngeagle(m): 12:40pm On Apr 29, 2016
He killed 1000 shiites while his brothers murdered up to 700 Nigerians,I think that's a hard earned acheivements.

7 Likes

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by Pavarottii(m): 12:45pm On Apr 29, 2016
No light.
No Fuel.
Unemployment in increase.
Forex Scarcity.
Business folding up.
Reckless impunity of Nigerian Military.
Budget of Corruption.
Calling Nigerians "criminals".
Inflation in double figures.
Economic growth at the end of 2.8%(lowest since 1999).
Killing of innoccent people by Fulani Malatias.
Propaganda on the war against BH.
Worst cabinet of ministers in Nigerian history.
And many more.

He has indeed achieved more than expected.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by eyeview: 12:45pm On Apr 29, 2016
He built a helipad in daura for the landing of his helicopter in his village.
That's the only completed project

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by orunto27: 12:51pm On Apr 29, 2016
He has degraded bokoharam to Fulani Herdsmen

3 Likes

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by postmann: 12:56pm On Apr 29, 2016
firstEVA:

A queen said this; I'll let it pass.
Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by Kog45(m): 1:05pm On Apr 29, 2016
Movic1:

Do not worry jailing Saraki w be their only achievement.

2 Likes

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by gidgiddy: 1:11pm On Apr 29, 2016
dondo83:
recovery of stolen funds

I can go on and on

Recovery of stolen funds has been happening since the days of OBJ, nothing special

Calmness in the North east, since when? Everyday you still here about fighting there. The violence may have reduced but it is still far from calm.

Blocking avenues of stealing money: Tell us what these are because money is still being stolen every day

Biggest budget in history: Don't make me laugh. Who will not have a big budget after borrowing from China? Guess who will be paying it back and at what rate?

Bottomline is that Buhari has no track record of being a success at anything except coup plotting. He was faliure as a Governor, he was a faliure as a Minister, He was a faliure as Military head of state and as PTF Chairman. So anyone who is hoping that he will be a success now as a civilian president better double up on prayers because if Buhari's disasterous one year in office is anything to go by, everone is in trouble

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by tuniski: 2:55pm On Apr 29, 2016
dondo83:
recovery of stolen funds

I can go on and on
Pele with your tales by moonlight, buhari will only do well,to beg for forgiveness with the level of hardship he brought to the land!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by tuniski: 2:58pm On Apr 29, 2016
gidgiddy:

Recovery of stolen funds has been happening since the days of OBJ, nothing special

Calmness in the North east, since when? Everyday you still here about fighting there. The violence may have reduced but it is still far from calm.

Blocking avenues of stealing money: Tell us what these are because money is still being stolen every day

Biggest budget in history: Don't make me laugh. Who will not have a big budget after borrowing from China? Guess who will be paying it back and at what rate?

Bottomline is that Buhari has no track record of being a success at anything except coup plotting. He was faliure as a Governor, he was a faliure as a Minister, He was a faliure as Military head of state and as PTF Chairman. So anyone who is hoping that he will be a success now as a civilian president better double up on prayers because if Buhari's disasterous one year in office is anything to go by, everone is in trouble

God bless u jare so on point!

6 Likes

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by Goddex: 4:28pm On Apr 29, 2016
postmann:
Sound question. There's nothing to celebrate actually.

4 Likes

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by dondo83(m): 4:41pm On Apr 29, 2016
gidgiddy:

From your write up I have come to conclude that you are either under 18 or suffering from amnesia so tell me which is true?
under buhari as the minister nigeria built the oil refineries . since 30 years plus nobody has been able to build 1single depot yet u call him a failure

when he was a governor he chased the maitsaini from the north until he got to chad and had to be cautioned by obj not to start a war because he passed our boundry

Travel to the north and see how fantastic the road is compared to other region due to ptf (plenty classrooms were built and book s was shared. if sure-p or nddc did half of what buhari did as ptf chairman nobody willl be crying about 2nd niger bridge

Read your history book next time boy

1 Like

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by Ogbuefi2020: 4:50pm On Apr 29, 2016
dondo83:

From your write up I have come to conclude that you are either under 18 or suffering from amnesia so tell me which is true?
under buhari as the minister nigeria built the oil refineries . since 30 years
So credit for refinery should go to minister instead of the president or head of state?

4 Likes

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by EasternLion: 4:55pm On Apr 29, 2016
dondo83:

under buhari as the minister nigeria built the oil refineries . since 30 years

The terrorist in chief built Nada.

http://www.theheraldng.com/general-buhari-never-built-single-refinery-nigeria-presidency/

He built two refineries in Daura.

3 Likes

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by drss2(m): 4:58pm On Apr 29, 2016
Movic1:

instead of celebration, d dullard should resign immediately. he's a total failua.
Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by EasternLion: 4:59pm On Apr 29, 2016
dondo83:

Travel to the north and see how fantastic the road is compared to other region due to ptf (plenty classrooms were built and book s was shared. If sure-p or nddc did half of what buhari did as ptf chairman nobody willl be crying about 2nd niger bridge

I think you are highlighting his sectionalism under PTF.

Very sad indeed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by dondo83(m): 4:59pm On Apr 29, 2016
Ogbuefi2020:

So credit for refinery should go to minister instead of the president or head of state?

Did you read what he wrote? he said he was a failure has a minister. if deziani concentrated more in building refineries than sharing money wont she have been successful. minister align with the vision of a president. if the minister is bad then the presidents policies wont fly

1 Like

Re: Will President Buhari Just Celebrate 1 Year In Office Without Any Achievements? by olaitoro(m): 5:01pm On Apr 29, 2016
dondo83:

under buhari as the minister nigeria built the oil refineries . since 30 years plus nobody has been able to build 1single depot yet u call him a failure

when he was a governor he chased the maitsaini from the north until he got to chad and had to be cautioned by obj not to start a war because he passed our boundry

Travel to the north and see how fantastic the road is compared to other region due to ptf (plenty classrooms were built and book s was shared. if sure-p or nddc did half of what buhari did as ptf chairman nobody willl be crying about 2nd niger bridge

Read your history book next time boy
you shot yourself. Which of the refinery is working
It is disheartening to note that PMB is always a failure.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Members Booed Obaseki, Edo APC Guber Candidate During Campaign (video) / Dear Buhari, Change Does Not Begin With Me —E. A Aluzu / BREAKING NEWS : Buhari Plots Replacement For Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.