Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,354 members, 7,819,257 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? (8466 Views)

Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) / The PVC Conspiracy Against The Igbos Of SE/SS / Enugu Massacre: South-East Senators Call For Emergency SE/SS Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by NDPVF(m): 8:51pm On Apr 29, 2016
[s]
Eshinwaju:
The SE does not love the SS...all they want is their oil and access to the sea. After that, they will destroy the SS and dominate them..... angry angry angry
[/s] Is it a crime if we "give them access to the sea",or allow them to "drink" our oyel which you av' been drinking?

10 Likes

Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by keally: 8:59pm On Apr 29, 2016
fiizznation:
You know the problem of you and your people especially the easternmost part of this country; is insecurity and your northernphobia. Whatever you do or whatever type of plan you want to make, believe you me, as long as you people still harbour that northern phobic attitude in you, no unity among your regions or whatever will solve your fears or create some pseudo unity among you people.

I was a northerner when Jonathan was there and I will still be a northerner no matter who occupies the juicy seat without the fear of anything or anybody. I don't wake up every morning thinking that somebody will christianize Nigeria like most of you people over there do.

The first step of forming a firm unity between two or more groups is having a sound peace of mind. Mr op, I hope you will take this as a friendly advice from me to you
. You are very right not to think of being christianized because you knew christians are not forceful but on the other hand muslims would force you to change your religion the way Muhammad, Uthmandanfodio did, boko haram and fulani herdsmen are doing presently. Though you guys always live in denial by claiming peace but we know better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 29, 2016
Its nice that we unite nd have close ties ,bt if we are 2 break away 4rm nigeria den it must be 2 close independent countries just for obvious reasons and allow peace.
Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by HopeAtHand: 9:42pm On Apr 29, 2016
Ogonimilitant, count Ikwerre out of it.

Tanx.
Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by OfoIgbo: 9:53pm On Apr 29, 2016
It is funny, because up until early to mid 1966, the word BIAFRA didn't mean that much to any Igbo man.
Of course the name appeared in ancient maps and all, but the name became one of the most meaningful and emotive words to Igbos shortly afterwards.

Igbos will feel like huge betrayers if the word BIAFRA is abandoned for the following reasons
1. HRH Frank Opigo that suggested the name would have lost his claim in history. In his grave, he will feel that Igbos stabbed him in the back for sidelining his contribution in history. HRH Opigo was from present Bayelsa state, and Igbos find it extremely difficult to betray someone, especially one that they consider a comrade. His family will definitely feel slighted by any such action.

2. Millions of our people habe died, with that name firmly etched in their hearts.

3. Our heroes such as Ojukwu, Efiong, Onwuatuegwu e.t.c have died with that name firmly etched in their hearts

4. A great number of genocidists like Murtala, Obasanjo, Buhari will eventually eat the humble pie, if the country they fought so hard to prevent from materialising, eventually materialises. This will be considered the ultimate victory and no one will ever be comfortable saying that Igbos lost a war. How can that be, when the country they fought for, eventually came to exist

5. All the genocidists that built their careers on disparaging Biafra will end up with the short straw, and the humble pie. Some even wrote books praising their genocidal efforts. Their books will become meaningless and will be seen as JUMPING THE GUN. It ain't over till its over.

These are some of the reasons that make the dropping of the word BIAFRA, a hard pill to swallow

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by BudeYahooCom: 9:54pm On Apr 29, 2016
mensdept:

The name Biafra only brings fear to those who are cowards or stand to lose the loot from the Nig.ga Area.

BY THE WAY: Biafra was coined by people from the so-called "south-south"

You have a point here, An Ijaw man Chief Opigo reminded us about the name Biafra. Ijawland, Ogoniland are all closer to the Bight of Biafra than Igboland.

2 Likes

Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by Yujin(m): 10:02pm On Apr 29, 2016
Realman87:

Sorry. Divide and rule is over. If they wan't our oil, it's not your business. If they want access to the sea, we will grant them. Please don't drink panadol for SS problems.
Upper cut, 48% damage after full combo.
Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by NDPVF(m): 10:10pm On Apr 29, 2016
[s]
HopeAtHand:

Tanx.
[/s] unlettered ebot. Mtchww
Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by Onenaira1: 10:13pm On Apr 29, 2016
NDPVF:
[s][/s] unlettered ebot. Mtchww

He's not even ikwerre so don't waste your precious time on attache by force thing

As for OP, as far as I'm concerned, anything that'll get Asaba away from yoloba, edo ppl, excluding igbanke, and north is okay with me.

4 Likes

Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by HopeAtHand: 10:13pm On Apr 29, 2016
idensko:

Isn't that obvious,
Christians hv never threatened ur existence as a Muslim

Christians have no Militia that Bomb innocent citizens,

We have never taken our cow to ur villages to rape and maim d dwellers.

We have never threatened to declare Nigeria a Christain state as ur Buhari told u that he will fully implement sharia all over Nigeria.

So tell me what Christains in South hv ever done to threaten u in any way.

Mi brother, u hv no reason to ve Southphobia

We hv a million reason to be Northphobia.

I think we the Southerners are responsible for wherever we find ourselves. I would have said we are unnecessarily hyping the Northerners and their ability to wreak senseless havoc but the reality stares me in the face. We definitely are at a point where we may have to redefine our approach to situations and our overall view of life in general.

Maybe because Southerners have engrossed themselves in so much worldliness, maybe cos we are attempting to replicate western civilisation, maybe we bacause we trying to gain acceptance and "false brotherhood" from Northerners, or maybe because we just didn't care. The bottom line is enough is enough.

We need to develop a system that checks the excesses of the Northern herdsmen in the entire Southern Nigeria without getting too confrontational with them. No need to extra polarise an poplarised Nigeria. We should deal with this smartly. At the end of the day, the buck stops at the table of the Patron of Fulani herdsmen association.

1 Like

Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by iSlayer: 10:16pm On Apr 29, 2016
Yujin:
Upper cut, 48% damage after full combo.
LMAO!!! Fatality!!! the Eshin-whatever is dead and gone. Game Over!!!
Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by NDPVF(m): 10:18pm On Apr 29, 2016
Onenaira1:

He's not even ikwerre so don't waste your precious time on attache by force thing

As for OP, as far as I'm concerned, anything that'll get Asaba away from yoloba, edo ppl, excluding igbanke, and north is okay with me.
that guy is a go.t
Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by HopeAtHand: 10:19pm On Apr 29, 2016
NDPVF:
[s][/s] unlettered ebot. Mtchww

So this Idiiot is back. I did not miss your Idiocy all this months. Its very unfortunate that you stil returned same after all this months.

I'd advise you stop using NDPVF cos as at last time i checked, Akwa Ibom geographically is in South south, not Niger Delta. If you say SSPVF, den it may look reasonable.

You were never at the party.. i am reminding you again.
Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by Onenaira1: 10:21pm On Apr 29, 2016
NDPVF:
that guy is a go.t
that is a huge insult to goats. Even rats are better than that thing wey dey mask as an "ikwerre man"

1 Like

Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by NDPVF(m): 10:25pm On Apr 29, 2016
[s]
HopeAtHand:

So this Idiiot is back. I did not miss your Idiocy all this months. Its very unfortunate that you stil returned same after all this months.

I'd advise you stop using NDPVF cos as at last time i checked, Akwa Ibom geographically is in South south, not Niger Delta. If you say SSPVF, den it may look reasonable.

[/s] I av' demand on several occassions that you meet the person you are talking to,but fled with your tales inbetween ur legs. Am glad am back to Nigeria. Your lies and propaganda will hunt you.

4 Likes

Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 29, 2016
HopeAtHand:

excuse me, are you a school dropout,
what do you mean that Akwa Ibom is not Niger Delta?
whats the age and academic requirement for joining Nairaland these days.
Smh

3 Likes

Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by NDPVF(m): 10:30pm On Apr 29, 2016
Onenaira1:
that is a huge insult to goats. Even rats are better than that thing wey dey mask as an "ikwerre man"
His worst nemesis is back home.
Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by NDPVF(m): 10:31pm On Apr 29, 2016
Adaure4ever:
excuse me, are you a school dropout, what do you mean that Akwa Ibom is not Niger Delta? whats the age and academic requirement for joining Nairaland these days. Smh
you should know his IQ level.

1 Like

Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by iSlayer: 10:33pm On Apr 29, 2016
Adaure4ever:
excuse me, are you a school dropout, what do you mean that Akwa Ibom is not Niger Delta? whats the age and academic requirement for joining Nairaland these days. Smh
NDPVF made it clear the guy is unlettered.

1 Like

Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by HopeAtHand: 10:36pm On Apr 29, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Smh

Go get a map and stop asking me silly questions.

Geographic Niger delta consists of Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa. The Niger River doesnt have any part of its delta in Akwa Ibom state.

2 Likes

Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 29, 2016
HopeAtHand:
[s]

I think we the Southerners are responsible for wherever we find ourselves. I would have said we are unnecessarily hyping the Northerners and their ability to wreak senseless havoc but the reality stares me in the face. We definitely are at a point where we may have to redefine our approach to situations and our overall view of life in general.

Maybe because Southerners have engrossed themselves in so much worldliness, maybe cos we are attempting to replicate western civilisation, maybe we bacause we trying to gain acceptance and "false brotherhood" from Northerners, or maybe because we just didn't care. The bottom line is enough is enough.

We need to develop a system that checks the excesses of the Northern herdsmen in the entire Southern Nigeria without getting too confrontational with them. No need to extra polarise an poplarised Nigeria. We should deal with this smartly. At the end of the day, the buck stops at the table of the Patron of Fulani herdsmen association.[/s]

Typical yoruba. You know them by the use of the word "Southerners" to apportion blame to everyone in the South...yet them yoruba are the problem; the same cancer betraying the South. Hypocrite...get away from my sight!

4 Likes

Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by HopeAtHand: 10:42pm On Apr 29, 2016
NDPVF:
[s][/s] I av' demand on several occassions that you meet the person you are talking to,but fled with your tales inbetween ur legs. Am glad am back to Nigeria. Your lies and propaganda will hunt you.

You know you were in Uyo, and im in PH. You asked me to meet you at the airport by 9am if i had guts, i asked to know which of the airports in PH you we're talking about, then you said Uyo airport. Imagine nonsense, as if i live in Uyo. Rubbish, unserious element.
Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by HopeAtHand: 10:44pm On Apr 29, 2016
new2020:

Typical yoruba. You know them by the use of the word "Southerners" to option blame to everyone in the South...yet them yoruba are the problem; the same cancer betraying the South. Hypocrite...get away from my sight!

You will die one day from HBD because of your hate for Yorubas. I am not Yoruba, i am IKWERRE and yet you still found a way to link Yorubas to something that doesn't concern them.
Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by Onenaira1: 10:49pm On Apr 29, 2016
HopeAtHand:

You will die one day from HBD because of your hate for Yorubas. I am not Yoruba, i am IKWERRE and yet you still found a way to link Yorubas to something that doesn't concern them.

You still not ashamed of yourself this yoloba coward.
You've been defeated so many times by an Ikwerre on this NL. He's repeatedly showed us you're not ikwerre or even in the PH you claim you live in and you are still Not ashamed of yourself.

Tufiakwa!!!!

Abeg, everyone ignore this rat. He should be considered irrelevant jor

1 Like

Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by HopeAtHand: 10:55pm On Apr 29, 2016
Onenaira1:

You still not ashamed of yourself this yoloba coward.
You've been defeated so many times by an Ikwerre on this NL. He's repeatedly showed us you're not ikwerre or even in the PH you claim you live in and you are still Not ashamed of yourself.

Tufiakwa!!!!

Abeg, everyone ignore this rat. He should be considered irrelevant jor

Well, i have nothing to prove to you.

Adaure4ever, who asked if i went to primary school, please educate yourself and get knowledge.

Excerpts from Wikipedia:

The Niger Delta, as now defined officially by the Nigerian government, extends over about 70,000 km2 (27,000 sq mi) and makes up 7.5% of Nigeria's land mass. Historically and cartographically, it consists of present-day Bayelsa, Delta, and Rivers States. In 2000, however, Obasanjo's regime included Abia, Akwa-Ibom, Cross River State, Edo, Imo and Ondo States in the region. Some 31 million people[2] of more than 40 ethnic groups including the Bini, Efik, Esan, Ibibio, Igbo, Annang, Oron, Ijaw, Itsekiri, Yoruba, Isoko, Urhobo, Ukwuani, Kalabari and Ogoni, are among the inhabitants of the political Niger Delta, speaking about 250 different dialects.

The Niger Delta, and the "South South Zone", which includes Akwa Ibom State, Bayelsa State, Cross River State, Delta State, Edo State and Rivers State are two different entities.

NDPVF should stop using that moniker because the people of Akwa Ibom state where never a part of NDPVF. For fvcks sake, they are geographically not even in Niger Delta.
Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by ShakaZullu(m): 11:01pm On Apr 29, 2016
[s]
HopeAtHand:

Tanx.
[/s]
am sorry but majority carries the vote and you're just a single person.
Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by ShakaZullu(m): 11:04pm On Apr 29, 2016
[s]
HopeAtHand:

Well, i have nothing to prove to you.

Adaure4ever, who asked if i went to primary school, please educate yourself and get knowledge.

Excerpts from Wikipedia:

The Niger Delta, as now defined officially by the Nigerian government, extends over about 70,000 km2 (27,000 sq mi) and makes up 7.5% of Nigeria's land mass. Historically and cartographically, it consists of present-day Bayelsa, Delta, and Rivers States. In 2000, however, Obasanjo's regime included Abia, Akwa-Ibom, Cross River State, Edo, Imo and Ondo States in the region. Some 31 million people[2] of more than 40 ethnic groups including the Bini, Efik, Esan, Ibibio, Igbo, Annang, Oron, Ijaw, Itsekiri, Yoruba, Isoko, Urhobo, Ukwuani, Kalabari and Ogoni, are among the inhabitants of the political Niger Delta, speaking about 250 different dialects.

The Niger Delta, and the "South South Zone", which includes Akwa Ibom State, Bayelsa State, Cross River State, Delta State, Edo State and Rivers State are two different entities.

NDPVF should stop using that moniker because the people of Akwa Ibom state where never a part of NDPVF. For fvcks sake, they are geographically not even in Niger Delta.
[/s]
what's this one saying

2 Likes

Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 29, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Smh
Alright. I understand smiley
Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by ShakaZullu(m): 11:20pm On Apr 29, 2016
see as una dey use this HopeAtHand dey shine grin

mr man @ HopeAtHand just Sharap and get out you've been busted

@op nice thread we've been living with SS since the days of Adam and we do things together without problems I thank God that their divide and rule tactics is DOA peace and equity is all we demand but since it's a scarce commodity in this useless country let's go our ways
Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by Ogonimilitant(m): 11:25pm On Apr 29, 2016
HopeAtHand:

We need to develop a system that checks the excesses of the Northern herdsmen in the entire Southern Nigeria without getting too confrontational with them. No need to extra polarise an poplarised Nigeria. We should deal with this smartly. At the end of the day, the buck stops at the table of the Patron of Fulani herdsmen association.
for talking about the south, putting the whole south together shows fully that you are a yoruba man.

Nobody in SS or SE has ever put the whole south as a country. They have alliance with the north. Islam is the common bond.

I would have been OK if you had said I should count you out and not the entire Ikwerre people.

I have no doubt that you are not from Rivers State

3 Likes

Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by HopeAtHand: 11:33pm On Apr 29, 2016
Ogonimilitant:
for talking about the south, putting the whole south together shows fully that you are a yoruba man.

Nobody in SS or SE has ever put the whole south as a country. They have alliance with the north. Islam is the common bond.

I would have been OK if you had said I should count you out and not the entire Ikwerre people.

I have no doubt that you are not from Rivers State

So i shouldn't talk about the entire South but SS and SE only. You this Ogoniman are really very funny.What was Wike doing today in Ekiti if you think its only about SS and SE. You need a united south to ensure grogress is made against herdmen. Don't let Igbos misguide you.

Well, lemme restate categorically that Ikwerres are not a part of whatever alliance either real or Imagined with Igbo elements until we address squarely the fallouts of the Biafran war. Tanx.
Re: Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? by HopeAtHand: 11:37pm On Apr 29, 2016
ShakaZullu:
see as una dey use this HopeAtHand dey shine grin

mr man @ HopeAtHand just Sharap and get out you've been busted

@op nice thread we've been living with SS since the days of Adam and we do things together without problems I thank God that their divide and rule tactics is DOA peace and equity is all we demand but since it's a scarce commodity in this useless country let's go our ways

Its irritating how you quote me just to exhibit stupidity. Do you understand the meaning of busted and if you do, explain how i was busted and by who?

Please refrain from disturbing my mentions with silliness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Evidence To Prove Akure Explosion Was A Massive Truck Bomb / Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP / INEC Has Not Registered Any APC - Jega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.