Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,762 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:35 AM

Hair Questions! Post Them Here - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Hair Questions! Post Them Here (37449 Views)

The 2 Most Popular Hair Questions.. I Guess / Got/want Cute Ankara Styles, Post Them Up! / Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:12am On Aug 27, 2009
Sissy darling. How are you? kiss
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by Sissy3(f): 8:00am On Aug 27, 2009
body dey fresh oo! how far sis? kiss
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:05pm On Aug 27, 2009
Mo n wa ija kakiri of course tongue
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by Sissy3(f): 7:02am On Aug 28, 2009
Lol grin cheesy grin
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by bluespice(f): 1:57am On Aug 30, 2009
laniks, u said this
If you want to moisturise daily then sealing the tips before you go to bed is your best bet if your hair is not in any 'protective style'. Then deep condition every week , very important

some people also have spray bottle of honey in water or a light oil or conditioner that they spray unto their hair during the day
but i wanted to know what quantity of honey and water to use, conditioner n water/oil
i guess all im asking is what are the measurements for this spraying bit?
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by ubiaa5(f): 7:14pm On Nov 07, 2009
@laniks where r u,i have some hair questions.
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:46am On Nov 25, 2009
what
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by ubiaa5(f): 8:47pm On Nov 25, 2009
ok toh
1.whats d best way to grow thinning hair around the nape and temple.
2.relaxer vs texturiser which is d best,and in your opinion what r d best 3 relaxers.
3.is it true dat leave in conditioner contain protein n shd not be used daily.
thanks
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by whiteroses(f): 9:18pm On Nov 25, 2009
i've gone natural and its not easy my hair is hard like wood and the only style a natural hair can do is braid,  angry i ffucking hate braid! what can i do, and if i take it out i must do it that same day or else by the time i wake up it would have been pressed nappy and ugly, help! before i relax it oh! and did i mention combing it is toture? cry
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by MrCrackles(m): 9:19pm On Nov 25, 2009
Who can hook me up with "take a bow" or "pick and drop"
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by ubiaa5(f): 9:36pm On Nov 25, 2009
can anyone answer my ques above,whiterose i dont know much abt taking care of natural hair ,but u shd try deep conditioning n daily moiturising at least to ease combing,n wat abt sister locks at least u can carry it 4 a long time.cheers.
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by whiteroses(f): 9:45pm On Nov 25, 2009
chiogo:

LOL, thought I was the only one who relaxed every month.
But I'll stop though, it hasn't been so good to my hair.
When I was younger I didn't relax that often, little wonder my hair was very long.
I guess the stupid cold weather really affected me.  tongue

Exactly what I dread, I like my hair smooth.
yes the darn weather did my hair justice as well it's not fair my hair was so luscious that people thought i had few clip ins but after exposing to cold it crimped like scruffed paper, i kept managing it with all these products until i had to cut it recently, but if i knew i'd wear lace wigs or hide  it under an extension.

MrCrackles:

Who can hook me up with "take a bow" or "pick and drop"
pick and drop? it takes the hair off infront, although not as harsh as ghana weaving that one is merciless, the hairline will look like a new tarred road dont do it
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by vanitty: 9:55pm On Nov 25, 2009
whiteroses:

i've gone natural and its not easy my hair is hard like wood and the only style a natural hair can do is braid,  angry i ffucking hate braid! what can i do, and if i take it out i must do it that same day or else by the time i wake up it would have been pressed nappy and ugly, help! before i relax it oh! and did i mention combing it is toture? cry

There are a lot of stuffs you can do, when i first started boy did i do it all.afro, straw set, twist out, braid out, two strand twist e.t.c and they are all cute but demands patient and care, besides if your hair is long enough to do braids then you probably should be able to weave, if nor of this helps and you have enough cash to spend you can invest in a good wig/lace
All the information on how and what to do, on google

Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by whiteroses(f): 10:03pm On Nov 25, 2009
ubiaa5:

ok toh
2.relaxer vs texturiser which is d best,and in your opinion what r d best 3 relaxers.
thanks

Answering your questions:
1.rule number one dont put your hair in braids, its the main cause of thining to grow it back use aphogee its simply miraculous. and make sure you steam your hair at least once a month.
2. you cant compare the two, its either you want your hair relaxed or not, texturiser means your hair is half natural and softer, the three best relaxers are dr miracle, black pride and olive. that overated dark and lovely is bad news, its for african american with A type hair not for 4C's lke most africans do.
3. i dont know about the 3rd question, first time i'm hearing this.

i'll use this medium to advice anyone who wants to grow their hair really long to go and use mane and tail, its work wonders, when i cut my hair i was desperate to grow it, i used this serum for two months and my hair went from short to long almost touching my back. it was originally for horses to grow their mane and later developed for human. although it dint do anything for my stubborn hair but my hair is very very long now even though its natural and if i should relax it you'd think its an extension but i dont want chemical damamge again.

Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by whiteroses(f): 10:13pm On Nov 25, 2009
vanitty:

There are a lot of stuffs you can do, when i first started boy did i do it all.afro, straw set, twist out, braid out, two strand twist e.t.c and they are all cute but demands patient and care, besides if your hair is long enough to do braids then you probably should be able to weave, if nor of this helps and you have enough cash to spend you can invest in a good wig/lace
All the information on how and what to do, on google
i really want to do all those style you mentioned but i think i'd look really ugly with strands on my head, although the girl in the pics look really beautifull but i doubt it suits me lol yeah my hair is long but after leaving it for a day it becomes hard and compressed sad thats what i want to fight and also looking for a natural style that will suit me. i havent tried a lace front, have you? and is that you?
one more question, how did you get the courage to go out with afro puffs twists and the rest, i always respect girls that do, you have to be really confident in yourself before you do, i live in all white and stuck up carribean society and have to fit in, and i just can't imagine myself in a twists and what will i say at work, i bet my boss will hate it, but deep down i really want to do my hair in a twist and stuff
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by vanitty: 10:21pm On Nov 25, 2009
Those were my inspiration pictures when I first started lol not me, if your hair is long, you can braid it into four or six before bed so in the morning you just pull and comb.
I have some wigs - quite expensive but totally worth it and i think saves you more in the long run, besides it is fool-proof so you really don't need to waste £45 for some hairdresser to glue your head undecided cheesy
For natural styles, apart from braids, kinky and its family there really isn't much . . . . . oh there is the mohawk style as well, by the way where can i get the mane n tail please
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by vanitty: 10:35pm On Nov 25, 2009
whiteroses:

one more question, how did you get the courage to go out with afro puffs twists and the rest, i always respect girls that do, you have to be really confident in yourself before you do, i live in all white and stuck up carribean society and have to fit in, and i just can't imagine myself in a twists and what will i say at work, i bet my boss will hate it, but deep down i really want to do my hair in a twist and stuff

I just did i suppose besides after the cut, i wasn't in a school setting so i suppose that made it easier, no teasing e.t.c besides if done right this style can be very stylish and about prejudices you just rise above it.
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by ubiaa5(f): 10:43pm On Nov 25, 2009
@whiteroses thanks where can i get d mane n tail,i used dr miracles a few times n it was horrible, i actually have very coarse hair ,the thinning is caused by blood thinners i have to use due to complications from using birth control,so im stuck 4 now.Does d mane n tail have other products or is it just shampoo n conditioner.tanks again.
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by whiteroses(f): 10:53pm On Nov 25, 2009
vanitty:

I just did i suppose  besides after the cut, i wasn't in a school setting so i suppose that made it easier, no teasing e.t.c besides if done right this style can be very stylish and about prejudices you just rise above it.
ok thanks i will look into it and try and see. how long does lace wigs lasts for when you use it and do you re-use them, i'm hesitant cos some peoples lace wig looks natural on them like it has baby hairs, but some people it looks like they inserts stacks of extensions into their forehead so i'm not so sure cos i'll have to buy it online if i want one. i bought mane and tail online at wintercreekstore. com its on many online store tho, i'm currently on aphogee now cos i dont feel mane and tail is for continued use but after i achieved the result i went back to aphogee. is your lacefron customized and would you reccomend buying it online? cos they dont sell it in this village i'm at lol or i might have to go london
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by whiteroses(f): 11:03pm On Nov 25, 2009
ubiaa5:

@whiteroses thanks where can i get d mane n tail,i used dr miracles a few times n it was horrible, i actually have very coarse hair ,the thinning is caused by blood thinners i have to use due to complications from using birth control,so im stuck 4 now.Does d mane n tail have other products or is it just shampoo n conditioner.tanks again.
http://www.rootsandsculpture.co.uk/products.asp?cat=22 you can buy it here or in a local shop or at storecreek.com
mane and tail has shampoo, conditioner and revitalizing cream, which ever one you choose is ok but i  think the shampoo is the least effective and the deep moisturizing conditioner is the most effective cos i wrap it and leave it in even to sleep. crazy i know lol

ladies need to go on black hair media, my ear is full. no wonder our african american counterparts are glowing! how to improve things from boob, skin, ass, hair to relationships i've learnt a lot lol.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by ubiaa5(f): 11:20pm On Nov 25, 2009
whiteroses:

http://www.rootsandsculpture.co.uk/products.asp?cat=22 you can buy it here or in a local shop or at storecreek.com
mane and tail has shampoo, conditioner and revitalizing cream, which ever one you choose is ok but i  think the shampoo is the least effective and the deep moisturizing conditioner is the most effective cos i wrap it and leave it in even to sleep. crazy i know lol

ladies need to go on black hair media, my ear is full. no wonder our african american counterparts are glowing! how to improve things from boob, skin, ass, hair to relationships i've learnt a lot lol.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/

thanks.will look up the forum.
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:32pm On Nov 25, 2009
No offence whiteroses but

Dr Miracle is garbage. All of those products are crap and I wouldnt recommend them to my enemy.

ubiaa5:

ok toh
thanks

For #1, Ubia, if you can get your hands on Castor Oil please do. It's GREAT for thickening hair esp black castor oil. also try to deep condition at least once a week.

#2relaxer vs texturizer, it depends on how you want your hair to look like. If you want it REALLY straight, then texturizer isnt for you, if you want your half to look more full and not so much relaxed then texturizing is fine. You can use any relaxer for both, just that both require different times to leave them in.

Best Relaxers
-Affirm
-Mizani / Mizani Butter Blends, if you want your hair not to be too straight, MBB is really good
-ORS (Organic Root Stimulator) lye.

Always try to use lye for any relaxer

#3. Some leave ins have protein, some dont. If it has protein, you shouldnt use it everything Im not sure of your location so I cant suggest some until I do. Leave-ins should be used after you wash your hair and before rollersetting or blowing drying/flat ironing. You can use moritizers everyday like ORS Carrot Oil, etc
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by whiteroses(f): 1:09am On Nov 26, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

No offence whiteroses but

Dr Miracle is garbage. All of those products are crap and I wouldnt recommend them to my enemy.

Best Relaxers
-Affirm
-Mizani / Mizani Butter Blends, if you want your hair not to be too straight, MBB is really good

none taken cant argue with you pros altho ORS is the same thing as olive so i got ORS right then.
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by ubiaa5(f): 12:39am On Nov 28, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

For #1, Ubia, if you can get your hands on Castor Oil please do. It's GREAT for thickening hair esp black castor oil. also try to deep condition at least once a week.

#2relaxer vs texturizer, it depends on how you want your hair to look like. If you want it REALLY straight, then texturizer isnt for you, if you want your half to look more full and not so much relaxed then texturizing is fine. You can use any relaxer for both, just that both require different times to leave them in.

Best Relaxers
-Affirm

Always try to use lye for any relaxer

#3. Some leave ins have protein, some dont. If it has protein, you shouldnt use it everything Im not sure of your location so I cant suggest some until I do. Leave-ins should be used after you wash your hair and before rollersetting or blowing drying/flat ironing. You can use moritizers everyday like ORS Carrot Oil, etc

whiterose i got the aphogee protein treatment,wow although its a little messy that stuff works wonders,i noticed less breakage immeditely.
TOH im in d twin cities,never heard of black castor oil r they available in pharmacies.I have always used no lye relaxers wats d difference.give me d names of some good leave in conditioners,i need them daily becos my hair is un manageble.thanks.
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by whiteroses(f): 7:18pm On Nov 28, 2009
^^^ yeah girl aphogee really works. dats gd
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 30, 2009
@toh

i just got castor oil but whats black castor oil undecided
and how do u use it

@whiteroses
just check youtube losts of vid's on styles , especially look for stuff on 4c hair type

you cant do much about the compressin and stuff but braid it at night, it helps to stretch it.
also there are some daily conditioners you can research to make ur hair more manageable
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by Iranoladun(f): 5:40pm On Dec 04, 2009
Stumbled on this thread today and I'm like wow!

I'm currently carrying a perm (for like 10yrs now sad) but I'd like to go natural can any one advise me on what to do step by step? My natural hair is soft & manageable.

I'd like suggestions on the chemical transistion; styles, products, maintenance etc
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by Iranoladun(f): 5:44pm On Dec 04, 2009
@Whiteroses I live in Lagos; where do I get Mane & tail?
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by ubiaa5(f): 9:02pm On Dec 04, 2009
@TOH still waiting on your reply on where to get black castor oil and names of good leave in conditioners.
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:05pm On Dec 05, 2009
Iranlodun, if you wanna go natural, just stop relaxing?

You MIGHT have to cut the relaxed parts after a a few months. maybe

As you letting your natural hair come thru, just make sure you use good moisturizing conditioners to keep your hair hydrated thus easy to comb thru.

ubia

you can order it from

http://www.sams24-7.com/jamaican-black-castor-oil.aspx

Its really good. Personally I find it a bit too thick for MY hair so I add some jojoba oil or coconut oil to it and use it on my edges.

Dont use oil as a leave in for your entire head, make sure you have a leave in in your hair then you can seal (cover it) with oil(coconut, jojoba, almond or grapeseed)

I think you should switch to lye relaxers. They arent as drying as no-lye. Try Affirm.

Good leave ins depend on your hair type. Is it fine or thick?
Re: Hair Questions! Post Them Here by chiogo(f): 8:11pm On Dec 05, 2009
Doctor Miracle is really bad? I never really noticed, kinda worked for me but I've switched to Organic Root Stimulator(Olive oil), really like the relaxer. Smells so nice!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Tattoos The Nigeria Coat Of Arms On His Back / Social Media Slay Queen Shows Off Her Makeup, And It’s On “fleek”! (photos) / What Were They Thinking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.