Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

CCT: Arewa Consultative Forum Cautions FG On Saraki Trial. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCT: Arewa Consultative Forum Cautions FG On Saraki Trial. (1031 Views)

Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria / Nnamdi Kanu Hosted By The Eastern Consultative Assembly (ECA) In Enugu / Osinbajo Speaks At Public Consultative Forum In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CCT: Arewa Consultative Forum Cautions FG On Saraki Trial. by fulaniHERDSman(m): 7:58pm On Apr 29, 2016
The Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) has cautioned the federal government against setting a bad precedent in the ongoing trial of the Senate President Bukola Saraki.
Saraki is standing trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal over false assets declaration charges, but the the umbrella body of the Leaders of Thought in the North warned that the federal government must not use the CCT to achieve a predetermined, politically motivated outcome.
Doing so, ACF warned may spell doom for the country.
Joseph Waku, a former Senator and National Vice Chairman, Arewa Consultative Forum, expressed the view of the forum in Abuja, describing Saraki’s prosecution as tending a premeditated end that will not guarantee justice to the accused.
He claimed that from all indications and conduct of the proceedings, the Tribunal Chairman, Mr. Danladi Umar was being teleguided by external forces.
Waku, who claimed that he was sent to the Tribunal by ACF national leadership said he was not impressed with the performance of the Tribunal in the trial.
“I have been watching the proceedings on the television and reading in the newspapers, and I was mandated by the Arewa Consultative Forum to come here as an observer and watch the proceedings and go back to report what I have found.
“My observations are that there is a premeditated something that is going on in this country. The judiciary is on trial, the country is on trial, the Justices are on trial and we are watching to see, because similar cases have gone on before and we know how they ended.
“So, my observations here are those things that I have witnessed and I have to go back to the mother organizations to report my findings based on what I witnessed, what I have seen and the way I have looked at it”.
“I think that Nigeria is again moving through a trying period of Judicial process and I make bold to say that the prosecution does not have prerogative of knowledge but from the look of things, there is already a teleguided and premeditated judgment that one expect to see in future and that may not be good for this country.
“It will not be good for judicial process, it is not going to be good for democracy and it will not be in the best interest of the ‘Change’ that we are looking for”.
“In as much as we are against corruption, let the legal process take its due cognizance of the facts that it is the last hope of the ordinary and common persons. That is my observation".

Source:

http://independentnig.com/cct-acf-cautions-fg-on-saraki-trial/

1 Share

Re: CCT: Arewa Consultative Forum Cautions FG On Saraki Trial. by fulaniHERDSman(m): 7:59pm On Apr 29, 2016
Saraki is being persecutted. QED! angry
Thank you my elders cool
Re: CCT: Arewa Consultative Forum Cautions FG On Saraki Trial. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 29, 2016
ok. .any good thing for Nigeria!
COWBELL MILK LOVES NIGERIA..
Re: CCT: Arewa Consultative Forum Cautions FG On Saraki Trial. by johnmartus(m): 8:45pm On Apr 29, 2016
Joseph arewa ? wrong signal
Re: CCT: Arewa Consultative Forum Cautions FG On Saraki Trial. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 29, 2016
johnmartus:
Joseph arewa ? wrong signal

What this 'Respected' arewa leader is trying to say is that Saraki should be left alone to enjoy his stolen billions. Saraki worked hard for that money. Or did i read this wrong?

1 Like

Re: CCT: Arewa Consultative Forum Cautions FG On Saraki Trial. by johnmartus(m): 7:51am On Apr 30, 2016
ibotjaycob:

What this 'Respected' arewa leader is trying to say is that Saraki should be left alone to enjoy his stolen billions. Saraki worked hard for that money. Or did i read this wrong?
sarcasm?
Re: CCT: Arewa Consultative Forum Cautions FG On Saraki Trial. by Aromas: 8:07am On Apr 30, 2016
ibotjaycob:

Bros if I hear say grin

Re: CCT: Arewa Consultative Forum Cautions FG On Saraki Trial. by moshmusth(m): 8:13am On Apr 30, 2016
@Mod do u know how it feels to be banned for 2 days?? It means I am just back from CCT with ny charges dropped in crookola sarakill voice. . All I know is Asa, offa, Omu oyun,ifelodun, irepodun, baruteen and others demands for justice cause he has done everything but good to our LGs.. precedence or no precedence justice must be done... if found guilty abeg Umar 20years too small but if his not abeg return him to unscathed to us so he can make up for his past mistakes. .

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Pass This On To Enugu Govt And People / Governorship Candidate Finally Dumps PDP For APC / See Photos Of Why Crooked Politicians Invest Heavily In The Media.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.